Page 142 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 4279

Thread: The Advice Thread - "What should I do about this weird mole growing on my back"

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    As a person actually diagnosed, I am going to say it doesn't mean anything besides you don't have that innate human conscious telling you that you should be nice, you can just choose. It really isn't an excuse for anything besides a little bit of antisocialness, and emotional distance. That is at least as far as being an adult with the disability goes.
    A little bit of antisocialness and emotional distance doesn't even require an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    I, actually, have Aspergers as well. Do you wanna know how much it's affected my life?

I'm 22 years old, living perfectly well on my own, graduated from college, and with a close circle of friends and coworkers that would never even guess I have anything wrong mentally.

Aspergers is just another one of those mental diseases they named for the sake of people having an excuse. I'm aware that mine is a more mild case, yes, but I've met plenty of people with more heavy cases, and I can tell you now that the only time it's ever an excuse is for people already looking for one.
    Asperger's mostly effects people as a kid doesn't really do that much as an adult. There are things there but most people will write them of as unplesent, anti-social, ect. Asperger's just have a different way of thinking and function then the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    A little bit of antisocialness and emotional distance doesn't even require an excuse.
    My family beats on me a lot for it. I had a funeral this weekend and it was really awkward, I really never understood why people get so worked up about death.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

My family beats on me a lot for it. I had a funeral this weekend and it was really awkward, I really never understood why people get so worked up about death.
    Neither did I tbh (which made pet deaths in my family even more awkward). The idea that people can get so worked up over something that WILL happen to everyone once has always stumped me.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

im having a hard time today bc there are no more harry potter books and ive been sad for a while but it really spiked today help me pls i need advice on how to deal w/ feelings

Read other books.

Hope this helps.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Read other books.

Hope this helps.
    but that takes effort and uuuuuhhhhhgggg nope

.. Does anyone have same problem as me ?? Problem code86420 communication problem error Like me?? I cant trade with anyone .. It was fine in the morning and i didnt touch anything but all of suddn after like 2 till now it keep saying that and i cant trade with anyone and internet works fine its been almost wholeday
    Last edited by Kiy7866 on < 1 minute ago

I really never understood why people get so worked up about death.
    you probably will when your friends start to drop like flies

probably won't happen for another few decades but

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    you probably will when your friends start to drop like flies

probably won't happen for another few decades but
    I guess, it would be a lot more difficult for me to lose my best friends, and a 72 year old family member where death was soon imminent anyways.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

About 5 months ago I was in a relationship while talking to a previous ex. It was chill, they were friends and knew about each other.
    But, I was getting nudes and having secret rendezvous with my ex. Then out of the blue she decided to become super Christian like her family and told me that I was manipulating her and we couldn't be friends. She hasn't talked to me and I haven't talked to her since.

Now I'm kinda wanting to start over with her, as friends. Then maybe become something more in the next few years? We're both about to go off to college, both 18 y/o seniors.

I need some advice on how to approach this situation.
    Pittsburgh Steelers Rule
    ~Music is like Candy; You Just Gotta Throw Out the Rappers~
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_Fan View Post
    About 5 months ago I was in a relationship while talking to a previous ex. It was chill, they were friends and knew about each other.
    But, I was getting nudes and having secret rendezvous with my ex. Then out of the blue she decided to become super Christian like her family and told me that I was manipulating her and we couldn't be friends. She hasn't talked to me and I haven't talked to her since.

Now I'm kinda wanting to start over with her, as friends. Then maybe become something more in the next few years? We're both about to go off to college, both 18 y/o seniors.

I need some advice on how to approach this situation.
    No offense, but this kind of sounds like one of those times where you should just forget about it. This already sounds confusing and full of drama. I don't think things would go well if you continued to try and pursue a relationship with this person.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    No offense, but this kind of sounds like one of those times where you should just forget about it. This already sounds confusing and full of drama. I don't think things would go well if you continued to try and pursue a relationship with this person.
    That's what I've been trying to do. But it's turning out harder to ignore her than it is to deal with her emotional side
    Pittsburgh Steelers Rule
    ~Music is like Candy; You Just Gotta Throw Out the Rappers~
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

Quote Originally Posted by HGaddict View Post
    I have recently been told by a friend and her mom (who has studied this for years) that I may have something called Asperger's Syndrome. After looking it up for quite a while I have begun to completely agree with them. Ever since, I have wanted to go get a diagnosis to see if I truly had it. When I brought it up with my parents, they wanted nothing to do with it and wouldn't even consider if I had it or not. It's been a while since I have talked to them last about it, but I still really want to get a diagnosis. What should I do? Should I even bring it up again?
    There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't have a diagnosis. But you shouldn't feel as if anything will change after. And if you are diagnosed, pay it no mind. Don't let it bother you, simply regard it as an idiosyncrasy of yours. It won't make you any less of a person or affect your capabilities.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

I need help. A girl likes me but when I asked her out she wanted to stick to music. Can somebody help me stop thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by dynamitedawsen View Post
    I need help. A girl likes me but when I asked her out she wanted to stick to music. Can somebody help me stop thinking about it
    What does this even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    What does this even mean?
    *points to top quote* Yeah, It would help immensely if you were a more specific with your question. ^^' Do you mean like, she wanted to keep listening to her music instead of going out with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

No she is a musician. And she said she liked me but that she needed to focus on her music. I need advice more for getting her out of my head

get a job or find a hobby.

do something and be productive.

I play lacrosse and I have a job lol

No she is a musician. And she said she liked me but that she needed to focus on her music. I need advice more for getting her out of my head
    You clearly don't watch enough T.V. What you;re supposed to do is get really into playing music yourself so you can impress her.

But in all seriousness there is much advice to give about getting rid of emotions. It's pretty much just think about something else.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Haha yeah I am trying the music thing myself. It is complicated because we talk all the time and she gets mad when I dont. Its just really hard

Why do you have to forget her? Why can't you just be friends with her?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Why do you have to forget her? Why can't you just be friends with her?
    I think its because he cant stand not dating her or something.

Anyhow, I would like to go into stand up comedy when I'm older. How do I go about doing this?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

1) be funny
    2) be old enough to perform at pubs and bars
    3) get a friend who has good hookups in that scene
    4) try really hard
    life is
    a game

Page 142 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast