Page 142 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 4314

Thread: The Official Advice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HGaddict View Post
    I have recently been told by a friend and her mom (who has studied this for years) that I may have something called Asperger's Syndrome. After looking it up for quite a while I have begun to completely agree with them. Ever since, I have wanted to go get a diagnosis to see if I truly had it. When I brought it up with my parents, they wanted nothing to do with it and wouldn't even consider if I had it or not. It's been a while since I have talked to them last about it, but I still really want to get a diagnosis. What should I do? Should I even bring it up again?
    There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't have a diagnosis. But you shouldn't feel as if anything will change after. And if you are diagnosed, pay it no mind. Don't let it bother you, simply regard it as an idiosyncrasy of yours. It won't make you any less of a person or affect your capabilities.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

I need help. A girl likes me but when I asked her out she wanted to stick to music. Can somebody help me stop thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by dynamitedawsen View Post
    I need help. A girl likes me but when I asked her out she wanted to stick to music. Can somebody help me stop thinking about it
    What does this even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    What does this even mean?
    *points to top quote* Yeah, It would help immensely if you were a more specific with your question. ^^' Do you mean like, she wanted to keep listening to her music instead of going out with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

No she is a musician. And she said she liked me but that she needed to focus on her music. I need advice more for getting her out of my head

get a job or find a hobby.

do something and be productive.

I play lacrosse and I have a job lol

No she is a musician. And she said she liked me but that she needed to focus on her music. I need advice more for getting her out of my head
    You clearly don't watch enough T.V. What you;re supposed to do is get really into playing music yourself so you can impress her.

But in all seriousness there is much advice to give about getting rid of emotions. It's pretty much just think about something else.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Haha yeah I am trying the music thing myself. It is complicated because we talk all the time and she gets mad when I dont. Its just really hard

Why do you have to forget her? Why can't you just be friends with her?

Why do you have to forget her? Why can't you just be friends with her?
    I think its because he cant stand not dating her or something.

Anyhow, I would like to go into stand up comedy when I'm older. How do I go about doing this?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

1) be funny
    2) be old enough to perform at pubs and bars
    3) get a friend who has good hookups in that scene
    4) try really hard
    i don't want to live through winter
    i can't stand to see everything ending

im pretty sure she's just putting you down nicely
    just move on

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post

Anyhow, I would like to go into stand up comedy when I'm older. How do I go about doing this?
    From what I know about this from reading Michael McIntyre's autobiography, basically never give up. Get as many gigs as you can, and make improvements based on the reaction of the audiences. I think you can probably get away with reusing good jokes when you're doing smaller gigs, but as you start doing more, try not to reuse them too often. Also, I'd try around with different comedy styles to see what suits you and what gets the most laughs. Be yourself when you're doing comedy, too, or you'll seem detached.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post

You need to start getting lots of jokes together, test them on a few people to check they are funny (but don't let everyone hear them!) get a few themes of jokes together for your routine, so its slightly story like, and use a few funny anecdotes to keep it together.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Advice time!

So I've noticed recently that my teeth are starting to become severely yellow. This doesn't make all that much sense since if anything I'm cleaning them way more in recent years than in the past. I did a bit of looking up on the issue of yellow teeth and apparently it's quite a common problem and is somewhat natural, but that doesn't mean I'm happy with it.

I know that a direct answer is to go to a dentist and I intend on doing that, but what I'm hoping for advice-wise from any of you guys on the forum is if any of you have had this issue and if you have managed to improve it, how? Would be appreciated, also this thread has way too much of the same relationship-based advice so I thought I'd shake it up a bit.

I could really use advice, and fast too. Yesterday, this girl asked me out, and I told her I'd answer her today. She seems nice and all, but none of my friends seem to like her, and are pressuring me not to date her. I've also liked this other girl for a while, but she seems to be in a stable relationship and seems to have no interest in me.
    So, should I say yes or no? Please answer quickly, I don't have much more time on this.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Say yes. Living your life by what your friends think is a hassle. No one is saying you have to go out more than once.
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.

Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249 View Post
    I could really use advice, and fast too. Yesterday, this girl asked me out, and I told her I'd answer her today. She seems nice and all, but none of my friends seem to like her, and are pressuring me not to date her. I've also liked this other girl for a while, but she seems to be in a stable relationship and seems to have no interest in me.
    So, should I say yes or no? Please answer quickly, I don't have much more time on this.
    My advice, do it. Go out with her, if your friend is truly a good friend then he won't hold against you. This also works as a kill 2 birds with 1 stone method, the idea is once you get this other girl on your arm then the first may look at you in an entire new light, she may even begin liking you. Or on the flip side you could end up liking the first girl. So just go for it man
    Epic trades for you!

FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

Offering:
    DWF:

Looking for:

Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsgod View Post
    My advice, do it. Go out with her, if your friend is truly a good friend then he won't hold against you. This also works as a kill 2 birds with 1 stone method, the idea is once you get this other girl on your arm then the first may look at you in an entire new light, she may even begin liking you. Or on the flip side you could end up liking the first girl. So just go for it man
    Ok, thanks for the advice. But there's one other thing I forgot to mention, and that's that she tends to be extremely 'friendly' to other guys while in a relationship. (Basically holding hands with other guys while she's dating someone else) I've seen it happen before, and I don't want it to happen to me. What should I try to do about it? Again, fast responses would be extremely helpful please.
    Last edited by zomegax7249; 27th April 2013 at 8:41 PM.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Ok, thanks for the advice. But there's one other thing I forgot to mention, and that's that she tends to be extremely 'friendly' to other guys while in a relationship. (Basically holding hands with other guys while she's dating someone else) I've seen it happen before, and I don't want it to happen to me. What should I try to do about it? Again, fast responses would be extremely helpful please.
    Talk to her about it, if things start to get serious. If she doesn't stop I would call it off with her.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

It's me again. So I'm wondering if you guys could give me some more relationship advice (FYI the last one that I had ended horribly). I'm really stuck on this. There's two girls that I like right now. One is a grade above me in school, and I've never really talked to her that much. She also seem to be in a stable relationship (She's been going out with a guy since January). The second is one of my exes, we dated for over nine months, but we broke up back in October (she broke up with me). She also is in a relationship. I really like both of them, but I'm not sure if either sone of them likes me. I've also tried to date other people but I can't stop thinking about them (the second one in particular). So, what do you guys think I should do? Should I try to pursue one of them or just wait it out?
    Last edited by zomegax7249; 30th April 2013 at 1:48 AM.

It's me again. So I'm wondering if you guys could give me some more relationship advice (FYI the last one that I had ended horribly). I'm really stuck on this. There's two girls that I like right now. One is a grade above me in school, and I've never really talked to her that much. She also seem to be in a stable relationship (She's been going out with a guy since January). The second is one of my exes, we dated for over nine months, but we broke up back in October (she broke up with me). She also is in a relationship. I really like both of them, but I'm not sure if either sone of them likes me. I've also tried to date other people but I can't stop thinking about them (the second one in particular). So, what do you guys think I should do? Should I try to pursue one of them or just wait it out?
    They're in relationships. Move on.

They're in relationships. Move on.
    That's the problem. I've tried, but I can't move on.

That's the problem. I've tried, but I can't move on.
    Really? 'Cause two days ago you were considering dating someone else. They're both in relationships and one of them has already broken up with you (so clearly she's not interested). You're just going to have to get over it.

Page 142 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast