Page 143 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4279

Thread: The Advice Thread - "What should I do about this weird mole growing on my back"

Quote Originally Posted by dynamitedawsen View Post
    I need help. A girl likes me but when I asked her out she wanted to stick to music. Can somebody help me stop thinking about it
    im pretty sure she's just putting you down nicely
    just move on

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    I think its because he cant stand not dating her or something.

Anyhow, I would like to go into stand up comedy when I'm older. How do I go about doing this?
    From what I know about this from reading Michael McIntyre's autobiography, basically never give up. Get as many gigs as you can, and make improvements based on the reaction of the audiences. I think you can probably get away with reusing good jokes when you're doing smaller gigs, but as you start doing more, try not to reuse them too often. Also, I'd try around with different comedy styles to see what suits you and what gets the most laughs. Be yourself when you're doing comedy, too, or you'll seem detached.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    I think its because he cant stand not dating her or something.

Anyhow, I would like to go into stand up comedy when I'm older. How do I go about doing this?
    You need to start getting lots of jokes together, test them on a few people to check they are funny (but don't let everyone hear them!) get a few themes of jokes together for your routine, so its slightly story like, and use a few funny anecdotes to keep it together.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Advice time!

So I've noticed recently that my teeth are starting to become severely yellow. This doesn't make all that much sense since if anything I'm cleaning them way more in recent years than in the past. I did a bit of looking up on the issue of yellow teeth and apparently it's quite a common problem and is somewhat natural, but that doesn't mean I'm happy with it.

I know that a direct answer is to go to a dentist and I intend on doing that, but what I'm hoping for advice-wise from any of you guys on the forum is if any of you have had this issue and if you have managed to improve it, how? Would be appreciated, also this thread has way too much of the same relationship-based advice so I thought I'd shake it up a bit.

I could really use advice, and fast too. Yesterday, this girl asked me out, and I told her I'd answer her today. She seems nice and all, but none of my friends seem to like her, and are pressuring me not to date her. I've also liked this other girl for a while, but she seems to be in a stable relationship and seems to have no interest in me.
    So, should I say yes or no? Please answer quickly, I don't have much more time on this.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Say yes. Living your life by what your friends think is a hassle. No one is saying you have to go out more than once.
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.

Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249 View Post
    I could really use advice, and fast too. Yesterday, this girl asked me out, and I told her I'd answer her today. She seems nice and all, but none of my friends seem to like her, and are pressuring me not to date her. I've also liked this other girl for a while, but she seems to be in a stable relationship and seems to have no interest in me.
    So, should I say yes or no? Please answer quickly, I don't have much more time on this.
    My advice, do it. Go out with her, if your friend is truly a good friend then he won't hold against you. This also works as a kill 2 birds with 1 stone method, the idea is once you get this other girl on your arm then the first may look at you in an entire new light, she may even begin liking you. Or on the flip side you could end up liking the first girl. So just go for it man
    Epic trades for you!

FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

Offering:
    DWF:

Looking for:

Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsgod View Post
    My advice, do it. Go out with her, if your friend is truly a good friend then he won't hold against you. This also works as a kill 2 birds with 1 stone method, the idea is once you get this other girl on your arm then the first may look at you in an entire new light, she may even begin liking you. Or on the flip side you could end up liking the first girl. So just go for it man
    Ok, thanks for the advice. But there's one other thing I forgot to mention, and that's that she tends to be extremely 'friendly' to other guys while in a relationship. (Basically holding hands with other guys while she's dating someone else) I've seen it happen before, and I don't want it to happen to me. What should I try to do about it? Again, fast responses would be extremely helpful please.
    Last edited by zomegax7249; 27th April 2013 at 9:41 PM.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Ok, thanks for the advice. But there's one other thing I forgot to mention, and that's that she tends to be extremely 'friendly' to other guys while in a relationship. (Basically holding hands with other guys while she's dating someone else) I've seen it happen before, and I don't want it to happen to me. What should I try to do about it? Again, fast responses would be extremely helpful please.
    Talk to her about it, if things start to get serious. If she doesn't stop I would call it off with her.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

It's me again. So I'm wondering if you guys could give me some more relationship advice (FYI the last one that I had ended horribly). I'm really stuck on this. There's two girls that I like right now. One is a grade above me in school, and I've never really talked to her that much. She also seem to be in a stable relationship (She's been going out with a guy since January). The second is one of my exes, we dated for over nine months, but we broke up back in October (she broke up with me). She also is in a relationship. I really like both of them, but I'm not sure if either sone of them likes me. I've also tried to date other people but I can't stop thinking about them (the second one in particular). So, what do you guys think I should do? Should I try to pursue one of them or just wait it out?
    Last edited by zomegax7249; 30th April 2013 at 2:48 AM.

It's me again. So I'm wondering if you guys could give me some more relationship advice (FYI the last one that I had ended horribly). I'm really stuck on this. There's two girls that I like right now. One is a grade above me in school, and I've never really talked to her that much. She also seem to be in a stable relationship (She's been going out with a guy since January). The second is one of my exes, we dated for over nine months, but we broke up back in October (she broke up with me). She also is in a relationship. I really like both of them, but I'm not sure if either sone of them likes me. I've also tried to date other people but I can't stop thinking about them (the second one in particular). So, what do you guys think I should do? Should I try to pursue one of them or just wait it out?
    They're in relationships. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    They're in relationships. Move on.
    That's the problem. I've tried, but I can't move on.

Really? 'Cause two days ago you were considering dating someone else. They're both in relationships and one of them has already broken up with you (so clearly she's not interested). You're just going to have to get over it.

i'm probably gonna need relationship advice regarding someone in columbus in the near future (and it's all because of this damn parliamentary internship that i even need to post about it)

man why am i even being vague in this post this is dumb
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Well the other option of pursuing someone who isn't into you is going to make you feel even worse. And most likely upset the people you are pursuing as well.

Trying to kill emotions is pretty tough, but letting feeling that are already making you feel crummy is just going to make you feel worse.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

What exactly are you friends' telling you? If they're warning you of some of her tendencies, then their advice my be relevant. It could spare you some potential heartbreak. I've had my friends do the same thing you're doing, and come back a few months like saying, " I should have listened to you, bro."

You don't want to be that guy. Her holding hands with another guy while in a relationship is sketchy. Seems like your hormones (and heart) are everywhere bro. Think it through rationally before you seriously consider a relationship.

The answer to the bolded question is vital.
    Last edited by WarriorPrince; 30th April 2013 at 6:46 AM.
    You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness...

[IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/34si8ac.jpg[/IMG]

As of late I've been losing a lot of will to work. I've always been a bit of a procrastinator, but lately I can't even concentrate on what I know I should get done. I keep wanting to just throw myself into the throes of procrastination, even though I usually just sit there being utterly and completely bored. I never have any patience to work either, especially on long projects, but the problem is that my passion, art, usually requires a lot of patience and I know I'm capable of it but I can never put myself in that state anymore. I'm usually a good student and capable of keeping up with the homework that's set for me, but now I struggle even with that. Plus, I rarely feel truly happy. It's almost as if there's a blanket over me. Sure, I can laugh with my friends, but it usually fades away soon after... I think I may be depressed. Any advice? I hate feeling like this but I'm not very good at confiding in people IRL and I don't want to have to rely on something like medication to sort it out.
    Current White 2 Team:
    | Octavia Lv.88 | Roccoco Lv.89 | Lily Lv.88 | Viola Lv.89 | Jesper Lv.88 | Angora Lv.88 |

Well, I find the cure to depression is to have as much fun as possible as soon as possible, but thats just me. If you are struggling to get a work ethic, try set up a proper working system, or find something to make it easier/more bearable (IE watching TV whilst working in the breaks, or listening to music)
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iristle View Post
    As of late I've been losing a lot of will to work. I've always been a bit of a procrastinator, but lately I can't even concentrate on what I know I should get done. I keep wanting to just throw myself into the throes of procrastination, even though I usually just sit there being utterly and completely bored. I never have any patience to work either, especially on long projects, but the problem is that my passion, art, usually requires a lot of patience and I know I'm capable of it but I can never put myself in that state anymore. I'm usually a good student and capable of keeping up with the homework that's set for me, but now I struggle even with that. Plus, I rarely feel truly happy. It's almost as if there's a blanket over me. Sure, I can laugh with my friends, but it usually fades away soon after... I think I may be depressed. Any advice? I hate feeling like this but I'm not very good at confiding in people IRL and I don't want to have to rely on something like medication to sort it out.
    Think about the root of what is causing you to feel that way. One reason you don't have a drive to work could be the lack of an outlet or stress-reliever. Are you lonely, or is there a specific thing that could be bothering you. Possibly relationships (friends, family, romantic) that aren't going as you want to?

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

How do I start hinting around at a girl that I'm interested in her? I only see her once a week though so it's kinda hard to get to really know her.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Talk to her. You can't expect her to catch any of these "hints" if you only come in contact once a week.

Open-palmed tap on the fanny. Firm but not hard, and remember to keep those fingers together! Do that once a week and she's bound to catch on. Even sooner if you do Jb's thing and see her more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    How do I start hinting around at a girl that I'm interested in her? I only see her once a week though so it's kinda hard to get to really know her.
    Girls don't take hints any better than guys do. If she's also interested in you, then she'll instinctively try and rationalize your hints as not being so, in an "oh, there's no way he actually likes me" mindset. If she's not interested in you, then she'll blatantly ignore your hints, hoping you never act on your interest.

As soon as you're able to muster the courage, just be blunt with her. "Hey, I kinda like you, do you want to go out sometime?" Something short and sweet. If she says "no," then odds are she'll never give you a chance, and you can start getting over her early before you grow too attached. If she says "yes," well, mission accomplished.

The longer you wait, the less likely your chances of success will be. Don't try and make up a script in your head or anything like that, just think of a nice place for the two of you to have a date, bring up the possibility as naturally as you possibly can, and gauge the situation from there.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Today I had my first day back at school. Over the holidays I did very little school work and just procrastinated most of the time and now I have to finish a large report by next Friday and the rest of this term is just going to be loads of work

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    Today I had my first day back at school. Over the holidays I did very little school work and just procrastinated most of the time and now I have to finish a large report by next Friday and the rest of this term is just going to be loads of work
    Then why are you on here? Get to work and you won't have to worry about it.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Page 143 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast