Page 117 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4314

Thread: The Official Advice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Love is like the most evil thing in the world. I've never seen so much hate, anger and just bad stuff happen from anything else than love and things involving it.
    Stop being such a douche. I'm actually dead serious for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

It's only true love if the reason she died was because they were fighting over a volcano and he won by pushing her into it.
    That's a pretty selfish view. Love is meant to be Mutual, meaning both should benefit. Parents will be parents, and will fight for their children, but that is a different kind of love (more compassion, or rather instinct). However you choose to leave this Earth, well, thats up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis
    Being selfless, and not selfish, is loving.
    ^This, thanks for it varanus .

Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    That's a pretty selfish view. Love is meant to be Mutual, meaning both should benefit. Parents will be parents, and will fight for their children, but that is a different kind of love (more compassion, or rather instinct). However you choose to leave this Earth, well, thats up to you.
    Are you saying a volcano battle isn't the greatest kind of love there is? What is wrong with you?

Just Dance

Are you saying a volcano battle isn't the greatest kind of love there is? What is wrong with you?
    How about a nice Japanese-Sushi restaurant by the ocean at about 6:25 during the middle of the summer? Not quite as intense since no one's getting killed, but that sounds a lot nicer and more... fun, lol.

You haven't seen fun until you've seen the look of total defeat on another persons face that you caused.

Just Dance

You haven't seen fun until you've seen the look of total defeat on another persons face that you caused.
    That sounds like so much fun, please tell me more how you've done it in real life.

I'll stick with my idea, but thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis
    Being selfless, and not selfish, is loving.
    Loving who exactly?

It's important to love yourself too. Society puts way too much emphasis on "selflessness". Do your best to always give and ignoring your own wants and need is not healthy. Any sort of relationship with others, romantic or not, is give and take. It's not just about giving and receiving love either, people have to love themselves.

I am not sure if you were actually insinuating that one should be totally selfless, but I do feel like it is something to point out as general advice.

This pukey after-school special was brought to you by Glass Eye, the advice fairy, and the letter S.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    That sounds like so much fun, please tell me more how you've done it in real life.

I'll stick with my idea, but thanks for the suggestion
    I also prefer the sushi idea...ocean creatures have spent the past 3.8 billion years perfecting their forms, which is why they're so delicious. You and I can go have sushi on a peaceful beach, Rayce. That sounds much more desirable than volcanoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Loving who exactly?

It's important to love yourself too. Society puts way too much emphasis on "selflessness". Do your best to always give and ignoring your own wants and need is not healthy. Any sort of relationship with others, romantic or not, is give and take. It's not just about giving and receiving love either, people have to love themselves.

I am not sure if you were actually insinuating that one should be totally selfless, but I do feel like it is something to point out as general advice.

This pukey after-school special was brought to you by Glass Eye, the advice fairy, and the letter S.
    I didn't mean to insinuate that you should totally destroy yourself in the name of selflessness. You're totally right, Glass-Eye. But I was talking about situations in which your own desires are simply wants; situations in which the selfless thing to do is also the right thing to do, even though you don't want to do it. Like having tea with your mother-in-law instead of staying home and watching TV.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 12th June 2012 at 5:56 AM.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Loving who exactly?

It's like you're Ayn Rand but not as crazy.

Just Dance

Loving who exactly?

This is very good advice, one of my friends got tied up in a relationship so much that he neglected his need for Man-Time, otherwise known to you ladies as time away, and he drifted apart from our group. Oh, why? ;_;

BTW, I loved that last sentence. Thought I'd let you know you made someone laugh over the internet .

It's like you're Ayn Rand but not as crazy.
    I am not a fan of Ayn Rand, but I guess I will take that as a compliment.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Well what person in their right mind would be a fan of her? That's like being a fan of a reality star, it shows your opinions are awful.

Just Dance

Well what person in their right mind would be a fan of her? That's like being a fan of a reality star, it shows your opinions are awful.
    I would argue it's worse, because being a fan of Ayn Rand indicates that you're a terrible person and possibly a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    I would argue it's worse, because being a fan of Ayn Rand indicates that you're a terrible person and possibly a sociopath.
    Like every reality TV star.

Just Dance

I would argue it isn't as bad, because being a fan of Rand suggests you've actually read some decent books and thought about complex things. You could be horribly wrong, but at least you've thought. Being a fan of reality TV people is really ridiculous. Even the actually kinda inspiring ones, like the folks who lose 500 pounds on Biggest Loser or whatever.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Like every reality TV star.
    Even TV's Adam West?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Even TV's Adam West?
    When was he a reality TV star?

Just Dance

When was he a reality TV star?
    Does Batman [/Catman] count at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    I would argue it isn't as bad, because being a fan of Rand suggests you've actually read some decent books and thought about complex things. You could be horribly wrong, but at least you've thought. Being a fan of reality TV people is really ridiculous. Even the actually kinda inspiring ones, like the folks who lose 500 pounds on Biggest Loser or whatever.
    Calling her books decent is a major stretch. They aren't exactly stellar fiction nor do I think they're intended to be; they're ideological/philosophical treatises.

Does Batman [/Catman] count at all?
    That is scripted tv. Reality TV is like Jersey Shore and Real Housewives.

Just Dance

That is scripted tv. Reality TV is like Jersey Shore and Real Housewives.
    Isn't that scripted as well, but to simulate real life scenarios?

Yeah, but those are the official terms. Plus they try and act like it's real still for some reason.

Just Dance

Yeah, but those are the official terms. Plus they try and act like it's real still for some reason.
    Batman seems pretty realistic/acts really to me.

sometimes, but its usually pretty obvious
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

I don't know anything about Real Housewives, but I'm pretty sure that the Jersey Shore cast make stupid enough decisions on their own. They don't need scripts.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Page 117 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast