Page 128 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4314

Thread: The Official Advice Thread

I need advice, but it's less generalized and the mod who closed the thread pertaining the topic in question last year (Or early this year, I'm prompt to say it was two years ago considering the idiocy of my posting skills at the time) directed me to the Advice Thread, and I had only just now noticed it because my browser is stupid. I posted about this in the Comic Cafe, but looking back on that it was way too much of a bump and probably not a good idea at all.

See, back when I joined this forum, my primary goal was to post Fan Comics (Which is a terrible goal. Forums are social outlets, not media hives.) And in the process of doing so, I was quickly laughed out. It is easy to see why, considering I had posted a character bio sheet in a Fan Fiction thread. The comics themselves were nothing more than animated Sprite Comic gifs with monochrome square backgrounds and MSPaint-esque design styling.

So I spent the next six years making them look better, improving the writing, making them actual comics, and so on and so forth. They're still sprites, but only because I am absolutely terrible at drawing. To draw them instead would be to hinder the presentation rather than improve it, as the case would be.

The advice I seek is thus: Should I post the comics (Or at least the cleaner ones and smaller ones) here, or should I forget about it entirely and maybe learn how to draw?

Other options I'm willing to consider are posting it on a different website altogether, as many of them are not "clean," as one would have it. Also, I happened to find a nearly complete archive of SecretMew's Adventures of the Regi-Trio Comic. Because my work was largely derivative of his for quite some time, I feel as if I should repost it somewhere, preferably alongside mine as bonus historical content. What is the consensus? Do you folks think it to be a good idea?

Also, since I feel like a dirtbag for asking for menial advice in a column where people are inquiring about real life problems, I feel the need to provide my piece of knowledge for the day for mariobrosvswariobros: On the topic of internet communication, one must consider how lenient his or her parents are and how accepting they would be when faced with the concept of long-distance relationships. Recall yours or other people's experiences with Facebook date fraud, or the independent film Catfish: How much information do you have, and how much of it is true? If the person on the other end was actually an overweight woman with Hepatitis B, would you call off everything you've done because of the Hepatitis? These are just some ideas to consider.
    Last edited by Spudnugget1; 14th October 2012 at 5:56 AM. Reason: What advice am I asking for? Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post
    I need advice, but it's less generalized and the mod who closed the thread pertaining the topic in question last year (Or early this year, I'm prompt to say it was two years ago considering the idiocy of my posting skills at the time) directed me to the Advice Thread, and I had only just now noticed it because my browser is stupid. I posted about this in the Comic Cafe, but looking back on that it was way too much of a bump and probably not a good idea at all.

See, back when I joined this forum, my primary goal was to post Fan Comics (Which is a terrible goal. Forums are social outlets, not media hives.) And in the process of doing so, I was quickly laughed out. It is easy to see why, considering I had posted a character bio sheet in a Fan Fiction thread. The comics themselves were nothing more than animated Sprite Comic gifs with monochrome square backgrounds and MSPaint-esque design styling.

So I spent the next six years making them look better, improving the writing, making them actual comics, and so on and so forth. They're still sprites, but only because I am absolutely terrible at drawing. To draw them instead would be to hinder the presentation rather than improve it, as the case would be.

The advice I seek is thus: Should I post the comics (Or at least the cleaner ones and smaller ones) here, or should I forget about it entirely and maybe learn how to draw?

Other options I'm willing to consider are posting it on a different website altogether, as many of them are not "clean," as one would have it. Also, I happened to find a nearly complete archive of SecretMew's Adventures of the Regi-Trio Comic. Because my work was largely derivative of his for quite some time, I feel as if I should repost it somewhere, preferably alongside mine as bonus historical content. What is the consensus? Do you folks think it to be a good idea?

Also, since I feel like a dirtbag for asking for menial advice in a column where people are inquiring about real life problems, I feel the need to provide my piece of knowledge for the day for mariobrosvswariobros: On the topic of internet communication, one must consider how lenient his or her parents are and how accepting they would be when faced with the concept of long-distance relationships. Recall yours or other people's experiences with Facebook date fraud, or the independent film Catfish: How much information do you have, and how much of it is true? If the person on the other end was actually an overweight woman with Hepatitis B, would you call off everything you've done because of the Hepatitis? These are just some ideas to consider.
    A good place to put up some of your work online for free and to get some criticisms on them would be deviant art, tumblr or other good places that are worthy of gaining useful evaluations on your work.

Quote Originally Posted by mariobrosvswariobros View Post
    How do I ask my parents about wanting to meet someone IRL from here? If it was a friend it'd be okay... but it's TRG and we're planning to date...

Advice? *stressed*
    You should ask your parents to come with you to meet for the first time. Or maybe you could meet up at a very safe place. From here I assume you mean Serebii? and I dunno what you mean by TRG...
        Spoiler:- Credits :

We cut the legs off of our pants
    Threw our shoes into the ocean
    Sit back and wave through the daylight

Hate to double post, but I need advice...
    So I have no friends except for this one boy. We're a little flirty and romantic but we're not going out or anything. He's suicidal and depressive so I mainly have to make sure nothing happens to him. My mother knows that he's suicidal but not that we're romantic. We would both really like to go out in town and do stuff (Go to McDonalds have lunch, go around shopping etc.) but I'm not allowed to for my mother is INCREDIBLY paranoid that we're gonna a. suicide together b. do drugs c. do it. I have no intention of doing any of these but my mother won't allow me to. How can I reassure my mother that we won't do those things?
        Spoiler:- Credits :

We cut the legs off of our pants
    Threw our shoes into the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post

Sprite comics are on their way out as an art form. Learn Photoshop and other computer drawing programs. Take some art classes if that's where your future lies. If you post them here, you may get praise from people with low standards who don't know what the heck they're talking about. And that would hurt you in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZoruaBreeder View Post
    So I have no friends except for this one boy. We're a little flirty and romantic but we're not going out or anything. He's suicidal and depressive so I mainly have to make sure nothing happens to him. My mother knows that he's suicidal but not that we're romantic. We would both really like to go out in town and do stuff (Go to McDonalds have lunch, go around shopping etc.) but I'm not allowed to for my mother is INCREDIBLY paranoid that we're gonna a. suicide together b. do drugs c. do it. I have no intention of doing any of these but my mother won't allow me to. How can I reassure my mother that we won't do those things?
    um well if u arnt sure then u cant convince someone else to be sure so the first step is assuring yourself.
    if u are sure thet u wont commit suicide then fine there is a less chance of him doing it.
    start by having him to your place where your mom can observe your interaction (make sure he stays alive)
    so that was for a.
    b. if your mom trusts you then there is nothing that u can do to make her trust u more.
    c. u prob'ly will so...(just kidding)
    #PokemonMoon #TeamRowlet

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

i feel almost emotionless 20/7 so I don't know what to do, can anyone tell me what I can do to get any good happy emotions or something at least close

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    Omega Ruby First Dexnav Shiny Sealeo Lv44 in Shoal Cave
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

I play Destiny on PS4, hit me up if you want to do strikes or mayhem when its up

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    i feel almost emotionless 20/7 so I don't know what to do, can anyone tell me what I can do to get any good happy emotions or something at least close
    So you do have emotions, but they're limited to 4 hours a day? Anyway, the things that make us happy or emotional are all unique to ourselves, so in a way it's not a question we could answer for you. Just try to get involved in more things, try new things or just do what is known to make you happy. The worst thing you can do is do nothing and just continue to feel emotionless. Sometimes you have to put the effort in yourself to reap the rewards.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    So you do have emotions, but they're limited to 4 hours a day? Anyway, the things that make us happy or emotional are all unique to ourselves, so in a way it's not a question we could answer for you. Just try to get involved in more things, try new things or just do what is known to make you happy. The worst thing you can do is do nothing and just continue to feel emotionless. Sometimes you have to put the effort in yourself to reap the rewards.
    Okay thanks for the advice I will try something besides just video games to make me happy as well :P

Shiny Number 1268

first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

I play Destiny on PS4, hit me up if you want to do strikes or mayhem when its up

I need some advice. I know this is a Pokemon forum, but I don't know anyone in real life on here, so yay

This is about facebook poking, and whether or not it is flirting. I have been getting poked on FB by someone who I think is cute, but I haven't really talked to. Its just been a back and forth thing going on for a couple days. I don't know if they like me or not, (I hope they do), but if they do I don't know what I would be able to do about it. (The situation is a little complicated)

I know a simple facebook poke isn't a flirt, but we have been poking each other back and forth on facebook for like 2 days straight. Don't mean to sound like a ten year old girl, I realize that I'm coming off kind of .. eerr. So, advice please :X

This sounds like an emotional condition, you should talk to someone about it. (By someone, I mean a therapist). Not that I am implying that you are crazy, its just that they can prescribe medicine that can be very helpful for making your emotions less numb by increasing Serotonin levels in the brain, etc.
    Last edited by Floette; 25th October 2012 at 2:49 AM.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    I need some advice. I know this is a Pokemon forum, but I don't know anyone in real life on here, so yay

This is about facebook poking, and whether or not it is flirting. I have been getting poked on FB by someone who I think is cute, but I haven't really talked to. Its just been a back and forth thing going on for a couple days. I don't know if they like me or not, (I hope they do), but if they do I don't know what I would be able to do about it. (The situation is a little complicated)

I know a simple facebook poke isn't a flirt, but we have been poking each other back and forth on facebook for like 2 days straight. Don't mean to sound like a ten year old girl, I realize that I'm coming off kind of .. eerr. So, advice please :X.
    If you know the person in real life, and you're able to talk to him / her without doing anything potentially dangerous (maybe talking in school or something, someplace where you're safe) then try to engage in conversation. Get to know the person, talk to them, make sure they aren't messing with you. Don't be flirty, just sociable. If you get the person laughing after a while and you flirt a bit, I think it's okay, but don't do anything extreme or irrational.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post

I know a simple facebook poke isn't a flirt, but we have been poking each other back and forth on facebook for like 2 days straight. Don't mean to sound like a ten year old girl, I realize that I'm coming off kind of .. eerr. So, advice please :X

This sounds like an emotional condition, you should talk to someone about it. (By someone, I mean a therapist). Not that I am implying that you are crazy, its just that they can prescribe medicine that can be very helpful for making your emotions less numb by increasing Serotonin levels in the brain, etc.
    I have been poking back and forth with one of my good guy friends lol. So yea I wouldn't consider it flirting. Maybe she's just trying to get your attention and you should definitely try talking to her.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Try getting off the Internet
    No really I'm serious. Get out and be more sociable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZoruaBreeder View Post
    I would second guess hanging out with this person if your mother is this against it.
    Plus the fact he's suicidal means that he isn't probably the best influence. Just saying.

Ok, Serebii folks, I'm in a really awkward situation right now. I've been in the friend zone for about a year and a half with a girl that I really like, and I finally worked up the courage to ask her out. When I did, however, she said that her parents didn't want her to date this early. Now, I feel like it would be really awkward to talk to her like we used to, but if I avoid her, it'll look like I didn't value our friendship.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Quote Originally Posted by DittoDude View Post
    Ok, Serebii folks, I'm in a really awkward situation right now. I've been in the friend zone for about a year and a half with a girl that I really like, and I finally worked up the courage to ask her out. When I did, however, she said that her parents didn't want her to date this early. Now, I feel like it would be really awkward to talk to her like we used to, but if I avoid her, it'll look like I didn't value our friendship.
    How did you react to her saying that thing about her parents? I think that would be more important than the rejection itself. If you were cool about it and simply said you understand, then there shouldn't be anything awkward between the two of you. The best thing you can do is to just continue like normal. If you think she feels a little awkward, it shouldn't last for long. However, if you start avoiding her, you're only going to make things a lot worse and potentially lose a friend. She can eventually forget, but if you avoid her, that becomes her last memory with you and you'll be ending it on a pretty awkward note.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by DittoDude View Post
    Who cares what her parents said!
    Talk to her.
    If u aren’t in good standing when she is old enough then *flush*.
    U have to keep being friends, if u ever want it to happen.
    And if she really likes you back then, she wouldn’t have liked her parents decision anyway.
    #PokemonMoon #TeamRowlet

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

If you don't feel emotions, you can't get sad, so it's good.

Okay thanks for the advice I will try something besides just video games to make me happy as well :P
    If you have love they will make you happier then ever.

Oh and I really like this girl but I don't know how to ask her out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Try getting off the Internet
    No really I'm serious. Get out and be more sociable.
    I know but I'm not liked by anyone in real life, I'm completely ignored and I wasn't brought up with social skills so I can't make friends easier either

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If you don't feel emotions, you can't get sad, so it's good.
    It's not that way I mainly get just 3 emotions sad, irritated, and occasionally angry or well on some occasions happy

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post

I have someone I like and she likes me as a friend but she's dating someone so I'm gonna leave them alone I won't bug her I want her happy, I suggest you could get some of your friends to give you some courage, I needed some for when I word out 2 of my girlfriends the second of the 3 asked me out, and I feel better A LOT when I'm with people I like

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Am I one of those people? Last time I asked my friend for encouragement she told the world.

"Would you like to go to dinner or a movie sometime" usually works

I do understand, though, that it is VERY difficult to ask someone out. You get nervous and afraid of rejection....and rejection is always a possibility. But I think of it this way: if you DON'T ask her out, you have a 0% chance of ever being with her. If you do ask her, it is scary, but at least you DO have a chance. And if she does reject you (which I sincerely hope doesn't happen), then at least you'll know what she thinks and you won't have to agonize anymore over how she feels about you.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

when im emotionless,i eat. or watch a movie full of drama. or read a book with twist endings. Or talk to people

It's not that way I mainly get just 3 emotions sad, irritated, and occasionally angry or well on some occasions happy
    That's what I meant. You won't feel sad, irritated or angry if you never have emotions. In your case, you are not feeling them 20 hours daily!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    So I'm just wondering if anyone here got anything that can help a guy with his motivation? Any helpful tips?
    It sounds like you may have been demotivated due to these tests that you've just had. It's not uncommon for people to feel that way due to the stress they accumulate over these periods. If it is based on that, then maybe you need to create a studying routine for yourself so that you know you're doing an adequate amount of work every day and don't need to stress about revision when the exam periods arrive. I recently went through a similar phase myself as I was behind with work a little, and really the only cure was to just do extra and get on top of it all.
    If you feel that's not the reason for your lack of motivation, maybe you just need to get involved in some productive activities to make yourself feel like you're not wasting time doing nothing. However, the feeling I got from you post was that this is School work related, and so there really is no other cure than to do everything so you can feel you're on top of it all! And no procrastinating!!!

xxx

At least your not "In love" (God I hate saying that) like me, with a girl that considers you as her "Bubba" and tells you everything like bestfriends. Talk about friendzoned. So I'm stuck, with a girl Im in love with and I do occasionally "notice"other girls, but then I end up as a "good friend" Im too nice. I dont know how many times ive been told this.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Page 128 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast