Page 157 of 173 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4314

Thread: The Official Advice Thread

I already said that she is my ex. We've already broken up, and honestly, I never really did log in to it while we were together... It never crossed my mind, apart from the time when I kinda stumbled into realising I knew her password in the first place. Anyway, it was just a follow-up because I've already posted about this thing a couple of times in the past few pages. We're broken up, but the sh@tty and confusing experience of it all was sometimes temporarily made a bit easier by me being able to see where she was at, because she wasn't talking to me. Before you jump down my throat about it though, yes, I fully agree that it's such a wrong thing to do for so many reasons, which was why I did finally tell her that I knew her password, so that I could stop doing it.
    <--www.upokecenter.com
    PMD Friend Rescues: 9 PM for a rescue! No Wish Cave and Purity Forest floors 1-25 only,
    Pearl Friend Code: 3007 5473 9385
    Crobat is my bishie!!!! Here's a great site to get game music from!!!

Hi, i think it can be a pretty stupid question but... I'm a french highschooler, and i am searching for methods to improve my english. I read in english, i watch my series in english (Mostly with english subs, i really don't like the UK accent... It's beautiful but i can't get everything they say :v ) and now i just came in this forum to take the habit of speaking with native speakers, but did anybody know what else i can do to improve my english skills ? The level in class is really low... Even if I am in the
    final year of high school in literature, we are actually learning body parts... and preterit. Ridiculous isn't it ? :')

Try Watching with french subs so u can understand. Speak english as much as u can. Its proven to be a ard language to learn
    For the best book recommendations!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

I'd imagine just speaking with other native speakers in your class could be a huge help. Hearing others who speak it will give you a better idea on how certain words sound and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurablade View Post
    Hi, i think it can be a pretty stupid question but... I'm a french highschooler, and i am searching for methods to improve my english. I read in english, i watch my series in english (Mostly with english subs, i really don't like the UK accent... It's beautiful but i can't get everything they say :v ) and now i just came in this forum to take the habit of speaking with native speakers, but did anybody know what else i can do to improve my english skills ? The level in class is really low... Even if I am in the
    final year of high school in literature, we are actually learning body parts... and preterit. Ridiculous isn't it ? :')
    Joining this forum was a great idea. Just exposing yourself to the language in every way possible (through TV, the Internet, reading, etc.) is a good start. You could even change your phone to English. I changed mine to Spanish when I was learning Spanish

Just so you know, your English is great! I wouldn't even have known it was a second language for you if you hadn't said you were trying to learn it.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Joining this forum was a great idea. Just exposing yourself to the language in every way possible (through TV, the Internet, reading, etc.) is a good start. You could even change your phone to English. I changed mine to Spanish when I was learning Spanish

Just so you know, your English is great! I wouldn't even have known it was a second language for you if you hadn't said you were trying to learn it.
    Just bear in mind, that if you plan on changing your phone into English, it may try and put the predictive text into English automatically. That's what my phone did, when I tried to change it to Italian >.<

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Thanks you all ! I manage to watch my movies/series with english subs mainly because i understand them, it's the oral that give me a main problem. But the phone idea is great, it can be helpful for certain terms technical words i guess. My teachers already told me that i have a good english level, i'm just trying to perfecting it now ! I'm actually reading "A Song of Ice and Fire", it's a kinda good for some things but there is still a lot of words that needs me to google them ahah xD

I'm thinking about starting a Youtube channel, but I can't afford very good editing software yet. In December I'm going to be able to get the money to afford something better, but for now I need something that is free. The good news is that my channel is basically mocking public access shows so it's okay if it's a little hokey, but I still want a little more professionalism in my videos. I currently have two videos up, but they ended up getting watermarked and it looks extremely tacky and not in a good way.

I guess I'm asking what the best free editing software I can use until after Christmas. I'm currently running a Windows 7 laptop. I want the nicest software that I can get for free (or very cheaply) but I don't need anything crazy fancy. I just need to be able to cut, put in text, put in music, and have clean transitions. I also want to install minimal extra hardware in order for it to run.

Thank you very much in advance.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I'm thinking about starting a Youtube channel, but I can't afford very good editing software yet. In December I'm going to be able to get the money to afford something better, but for now I need something that is free. The good news is that my channel is basically mocking public access shows so it's okay if it's a little hokey, but I still want a little more professionalism in my videos. I currently have two videos up, but they ended up getting watermarked and it looks extremely tacky and not in a good way.

I guess I'm asking what the best free editing software I can use until after Christmas. I'm currently running a Windows 7 laptop. I want the nicest software that I can get for free (or very cheaply) but I don't need anything crazy fancy. I just need to be able to cut, put in text, put in music, and have clean transitions. I also want to install minimal extra hardware in order for it to run.

Thank you very much in advance.
    I would advise you to wait until you have better software. Speaking from experience, if you don't have everything before you start, you WILL have a bad time. Also, poor production values lead to low subscriber count, and less popularity, if that's what you're looking for. I'd say plan exactly what you want to do with your Channel, so that you're ready when Christmas comes along.

I'm friends with a girl we have some of the same periods togather thats not the problem.
    The problem is I never know how to say hi or talk her because she is useally around her friends and I'm to neverous to go up to her when there around help please?
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon they're great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Black View Post
    I'm friends with a girl we have some of the same periods togather thats not the problem.
    The problem is I never know how to say hi or talk her because she is useally around her friends and I'm to neverous to go up to her when there around help please?
    Sounds like you're suffering from Harry Potter syndrome - "Why do they always have to travel in packs?" :P

There is nothing more attractive to a girl than a guy with confidence, who can take the initiative to talk to them. Even if it's in a group setting, say something to spark conversation with her - through observation, figure out something she feels strongly about. Maybe you guys both really hate your math teacher, or you just can't wait to go home and watch Elementary. Yanno?

Easier said than done, but seriously, she can't notice you until you do something worth noticing.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    Sounds like you're suffering from Harry Potter syndrome - "Why do they always have to travel in packs?" :P

There is nothing more attractive to a girl than a guy with confidence, who can take the initiative to talk to them. Even if it's in a group setting, say something to spark conversation with her - through observation, figure out something she feels strongly about. Maybe you guys both really hate your math teacher, or you just can't wait to go home and watch Elementary. Yanno?

Easier said than done, but seriously, she can't notice you until you do something worth noticing.
    We have talked so it's not like she does'nt know me
    Maybe I should try that thanks.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon they're great people .

Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.

Can I have some advice? I want to buy pokemon x but I don't know from which store to buy it from. Which store has the best return policy in case it is broken or malfunction? Also which store is selling them at a lower price?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokémon Omega Ruby Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    Can I have some advice? I want to buy pokemon x but I don't know from which store to buy it from. Which store has the best return policy in case it is broken or malfunction? Also which store is selling them at a lower price?
    Depends on where you live if your not buying it online any game store in your area should be good you could always ask about their return policy. I would recommend gamestop though

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    Just get the game. I doubt you are gonna cut any deals anywhere so just go get the game

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post

Haha! Yes; it does looks quite simple. But it isn't, really. Although you're completely right and it's suggested he does that.

My suggestion, (Pokemon trainer) Black, is to force a situation to start a conversation. That way, she'll know you and it'll be easier to keep a talk and even easier to try to be friends, at least. You can notice her likes and try to improve yours to match that of her. If you both like exactly the same things, it'll be easier for both. And we always enjoy to talk about what we like with someone that like exactly the same thing, right? And one may start to like that person...
    After sometime (when you attain a high level of friendship) you can certainly proceed it a little further and tell her how you feel about her and you want to have a "another kind" of relationship with her. In the worst cases, you will hear a sonority "no". It may be hard. And indeed, it is! But it's worth trying, as it may be rewarding.
    If you don't want to do that? Then move on or go harshly. Whatever you choose, you may hear a "yes" a "YES!" "OF COURSE!!!" or a "...no" "Big No!!!" or a "f*ck you!". Wanna try?

All the best! And good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    Haha! Yes; it does looks quite simple. But it isn't, really. Although you're completely right and it's suggested he does that.

My suggestion, (Pokemon trainer) Black, is to force a situation to start a conversation. That way, she'll know you and it'll be easier to keep a talk and even easier to try to be friends, at least. You can notice her likes and try to improve yours to match that of her. If you both like exactly the same things, it'll be easier for both. And we always enjoy to talk about what we like with someone that like exactly the same thing, right? And one may start to like that person...
    After sometime (when you attain a high level of friendship) you can certainly proceed it a little further and tell her how you feel about her and you want to have a "another kind" of relationship with her. In the worst cases, you will hear a sonority "no". It may be hard. And indeed, it is! But it's worth trying, as it may be rewarding.
    If you don't want to do that? Then move on or go harshly. Whatever you choose, you may hear a "yes" a "YES!" "OF COURSE!!!" or a "...no" "Big No!!!" or a "f*ck you!". Wanna try?

All the best! And good luck!

Thanks for the advice.
    Oh and I'm not trying to have a relationship with her .
    I'd prefer if we both stayed friends next time I see her I'll ask what she is into .

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Black View Post
    Thanks for the advice.
    Oh and I'm not trying to have a relationship with her .
    I'd prefer if we both stayed friends next time I see her I'll ask what she is into .
    Err... You're just trying to be a friend of her? Is that it? That is... Rare. I really thought you wanted to throw your pokeball at her and nickname her "my love"... I guess I was wrong, hehe.
    Still, all the best for you! Go on! And tell us when you succeed in it! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    Err... You're just trying to be a friend of her? Is that it? That is... Rare. I really thought you wanted to throw your pokeball at her and nickname her "my love"... I guess I was wrong, hehe.
    Still, all the best for you! Go on! And tell us when you succeed in it! <3
    Yeah she just got out of a relastionship so I'm don't want to date her.
    Alright a d thanks again guys I'll come back with my procress.

EDITZ:I'm not going to say it went perfect cause it did'nt but we talked for abit and got to learn more about her thanks guys .I'll update with more procress later.
    Last edited by Pokemon trainer Black; 21st October 2013 at 6:10 PM.

We talked alot more today and I got to learn a lot about her.
    Seems like things are good so far thanks guys I'll come back if I have more problems.

I would like some advice: So I am extremely mad at one of my friends and I feel like shouting at him and using all my anger against him but I know he doesn't deserve it and I don't want to just vanish out of my life but it seems like that's what is happening I have know him for almost 3 years now and I cherish his friendship but I can't fight this bitterness against him much longer what should I do?
    Forever alone! This Lone Wolf keeps on fighting!
    "I don't want to be alone, I just want to be left alone!"

credit goes to internet for image

Why are you mad at him? And if you know he doesn't deserve it, then why take your anger out on him?

I don't know fully I just feel like he abandoned me it's like touch and go with him. I think I just pushed him too hard so he distanced himself which made me upset so like always I block out the tears with rage so I don't feel the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropav View Post
    I don't know fully I just feel like he abandoned me it's like touch and go with him. I think I just pushed him too hard so he distanced himself which made me upset so like always I block out the tears with rage so I don't feel the pain.
    Hmm. Maybe you should tell him that. Are you sure that he knows that this is happening?
    #PokemonMoon #TeamRowlet

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I am sure he knows but I am also sure he doesn't understand

Page 157 of 173 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast