Page 165 of 172 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4279

Thread: The Advice Thread - "What should I do about this weird mole growing on my back"

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    No idea if anyone knows anything about this, but I'm trying to help a really good friend of mine promote his Youtube channel, but I feel like I am doing a really bad job of it, since it isn't working very well. Anyone know what I can do to improve that?
    Which kind of Youtube videos does your friend make?That would help alot for suggestions.

Life is like unto a long journey with a heavy burden.
    (Tokugawa Ieyasu)

MBTI personality type: ISFP

You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
    You have distinct preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvijo View Post
    Which kind of Youtube videos does your friend make?That would help alot for suggestions.
    He does let's plays.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Uhm....at those time of Youtube, you really need original ideas for your let's plays. You may suggest your real life friends for taking a look at his channel first.
    If they like it, make them spread the word from friend to friend. There are no more ideas left on my hand, I am sorry.

(Tokugawa Ieyasu)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvijo View Post
    Uhm....at those time of Youtube, you really need original ideas for your let's plays. You may suggest your real life friends for taking a look at his channel first.
    If they like it, make them spread the word from friend to friend. There are no more ideas left on my hand, I am sorry.
    I've done that already actually. I've done that and put a link to his channel in my sig, but that second thing doesn't seem to be very effective.

I have a problem:

I recently picked up my first job working at a register at a park, but it will probably have me working most Saturdays. Now your probably wondering what's the big deal about Saturdays. Well I go to a Pokemon leauge each Saturday (and sadly I have lots of friends there and that's the only place where I actually get social interaction). I've only been there for about a year and I'd like to hang out with them as much as I can before I have to go to college. (Most of them don't have phones or internet)

What should I do? I've only got my schedule and I'm working next Saturday but I don't know about the rest.

Should I quit my job or should I keep it for a little while longer and see what happens?
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminslicker View Post
    I have a problem:

I recently picked up my first job working at a register at a park, but it will probably have me working most Saturdays. Now your probably wondering what's the big deal about Saturdays. Well I go to a Pokemon leauge each Saturday (and sadly I have lots of friends there and that's the only place where I actually get social interaction). I've only been there for about a year and I'd like to hang out with them as much as I can before I have to go to college. (Most of them don't have phones or internet)

What should I do? I've only got my schedule and I'm working next Saturday but I don't know about the rest.

Should I quit my job or should I keep it for a little while longer and see what happens?
    I'd say it depends on why you got the job in the first place. Are you saving up for something important? Do you really need the extra money? Where you live, is it that difficult to find a job?

Basically, I would look at how important you rate your job in comparison with your friendships. If you're not that fussed about the job then I'd quit - you'd probably be able to start working part-time once you're in college, anyway.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminslicker View Post
    I have a problem:

Honestly, I'd ask if you can work on days other than Saturdays. If you don't have to work Saturdays you can see your friends and keep your job.

I've done that already actually. I've done that and put a link to his channel in my sig, but that second thing doesn't seem to be very effective.
    First of all, no one clicks random links in signatures. You have to attract the eye with something. Do you see advertising plastering "PLEASE BUY OUR PRODUCT. IT WOULD MEAN A LOT TO US"? No.

You should set your signature to be about the channel. What does your Darkrai tell me about the channel? Nothing. They're not even related. Your image doesn't even link to the channel! Rework that sig as an actual advertisement.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    First of all, no one clicks random links in signatures. You have to attract the eye with something. Do you see advertising plastering "PLEASE BUY OUR PRODUCT. IT WOULD MEAN A LOT TO US"? No.

You should set your signature to be about the channel. What does your Darkrai tell me about the channel? Nothing. They're not even related. Your image doesn't even link to the channel! Rework that sig as an actual advertisement.
    I will see what I can do. I've had the Darkrai banner months before the youtube channel was even started, so they aren't related to each other. Again, not entirely sure what to do for the sig seeing as I don't know how to advertise.

I will see what I can do. I've had the Darkrai banner months before the youtube channel was even started, so they aren't related to each other. Again, not entirely sure what to do for the sig seeing as I don't know how to advertise.
    Get a funny signature. People really notice those.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    Get a funny signature. People really notice those.
    I may just end up trying to find other ways of trying to do this. (yes, I have a bit of a defeatist attitude)

I am getting a black kitten she is super cute but I need suggestions on names can anyone help?

When I got my turtle, I asked for suggestions and the one I picked was "Turtle." It was fitting and he seemed to like it. Thus, I suggest "Cat."

Quote Originally Posted by meganinja123456 View Post
    I am getting a black kitten she is super cute but I need suggestions on names can anyone help?
    A Black cat hmmm how about:
    Shadow
    Shade
    Spooky
    Blacky
    Shadow Cat
    Noir (french for the color black)

Thanks but how about names not based on traits

Quote Originally Posted by meganinja123456 View Post
    Shelby.
    From the Norse legends and means ''willow'', sounds great if you ask me.

I would suggest you checking websites for baby names, they tell you from what names originate.

(Tokugawa Ieyasu)

Thanks a lot

Okay, so I have a problem, but it'll take a little explaining, so bear with me...

So I really like this guy. Like a lot. And he likes me just as much. A few weeks ago he told a friend of mine that he didn't want a boyfriend (yes, we are gay) because he didn't want to drag anybody into his problems. But then we got a lot closer. He told me a lot of personal things about himself. We got to the point where we were holding hands and cuddling. I thought that it might be a good time to ask him out, so I did through a note. I made sure to explain that if he wasn't ready for that yet, then I was okay with that. Later that same day, his friend texted me and said that he had told her that he was going through a lot and didn't want to drag anyone into it. I respect this and all, but I've been really worried about him. More than likely, he is going through all of this alone, and that is never good. I want to be there for him. But it gets more confusing than that. The next day his other friend told me that he was planning to ask me out just a few days before I gave him my note, but he never ended up asking me out. So obviously he still likes me. A lot too from what I've gathered. But he apparently doesn't want me to get caught up in his problems. The thing is, I will be worried sick until the day those problems are over with whether I know about them or not. And to make it all worse, he has also been avoiding me lately... He won't even really talk to me at all.

So to sum up, he still likes me but doesn't want me to drag me into his problems. I want to be there for him and don't know how because he is avoiding me. And I would confront him and talk to him about this, but I'm not supposed to know about these things. I don't want to rat out his friends. What should I do?

If you're confused by anything, let me know and I'll clarify, but please help. I have been so worried sick :/ And I just want to hold his hand again...
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

You stay out of his problems.

Just going to give my brutal honest opinion, you need to let him sort his problems out because if you force this it could get to a point where he will be discouraged from having any relationship & friendship with you. He obviously thinks it's best to sort out his own problems in his own way and you have to respect that decision, be there for him when he feels the time is right to tell you whatever is going on. IMHO it's not your place to be there for him now, if you are extremely worried one of your mutual friends might be able to keep you in the loop how he is doing without invading his privacy too much. It's hard to hear, but sometimes you need to put your own feelings aside for a short while to help out someone you like.

So I have a little bit of a questionable situation. I'm an 18 yr old male, and there is a 15 yr old female who I'm debating upon starting a relationship with. First off, it's perfectly legal. Just going to throw that detail out first. Despite that, I can understand how the whole idea is iffy to others. Obviously I plan to go to her parents before making any finalization on going through with it. But even with the parents' acceptance, should the 3 year gap be avoided?

FC:3754-6803-1211

Yes. A million times yes

Hey there,

In August, I am going to be moving to a city about 4 hours away from where I live to study in music. The issue is, my mother keeps telling me that it is a selfish move to get away from everybody I know and love for "the sole purpose of nourishing my career". She thinks that doing so is some sort of abandon towards my family and friends. She keeps telling me to choose a program available at the local college to stay near my loved ones. However, aside from music, the only other field I'd be interested in is informatic, which is also unavailable at the local college.

On my side of the story, I also tend to think that it is a selfish move from her to try and "ruin" my future (by not letting me study to become what I really want to become, a music teacher) just so I can stay with her. By going away, I am not abandoning my relatives and friends, at least, that's not how I see it. I am going away to be who I want to be, to be able to support my future family in a way I won't feel like I'm wasting my and others' time.

Anyway, not too sure how to feel about this.
    This profile is clearly not using ANY references to In Flames' Lunar Strain album

Quote Originally Posted by Starforsaken View Post
    Hey there,

In August, I am going to be moving to a city about 4 hours away from where I live to study in music. The issue is, my mother keeps telling me that it is a selfish move to get away from everybody I know and love for "the sole purpose of nourishing my career". She thinks that doing so is some sort of abandon towards my family and friends. She keeps telling me to choose a program available at the local college to stay near my loved ones. However, aside from music, the only other field I'd be interested in is informatic, which is also unavailable at the local college.

On my side of the story, I also tend to think that it is a selfish move from her to try and "ruin" my future (by not letting me study to become what I really want to become, a music teacher) just so I can stay with her. By going away, I am not abandoning my relatives and friends, at least, that's not how I see it. I am going away to be who I want to be, to be able to support my future family in a way I won't feel like I'm wasting my and others' time.

I'd may as well give my opinion on this, even though I'm doubtful people will share the same:

In life, you can only ever be concerned about your own success/experiences. If you do this and succeed, you'll have essentially bettered yourself for the future. If you fail, you can at least learn off it in hopes of making the future a bit less bleak. In either case, noone should stop you no matter how "selfish" they think you are and no matter how "bad" they think things will turn out. After all, what's the worst that can happen from this?
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Starforsaken View Post
    Hey there,

I think you're well within your rights to want to better yourself and have a career you are entirely happy and proud of, after all you only live once, do what you need to do to be happy. I would say if at all possible don't burn the bridges with your family though, there will be a time where you need each other.

Page 165 of 172 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169 ... LastLast