Page 170 of 172 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172 LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 4279

Thread: The Advice Thread - "What should I do about this weird mole growing on my back"

Quote Originally Posted by cinderkitteh View Post
    So I met this guy at camp, developed a big crush on him, and we exchanged numbers. We texted a lot back and forth and had some pretty nice talks, and we know we'll see each other (sparingly) in the future. But after Thursday of last week, he suddenly stopped texting so much and hasn't texted for the past 2 days. I may be freaking out over it too much but could anyone offer an explanation as to why? He seemed interested...
    There is a high chance you are feeling highly unsure about this long distance relationship, this is fairly normal, and he should talk again after a few days, depending on the situation he is going through.
    It is normal to stop texting for a while, specially if you already have this relationship for a long time, as people tend to "calm down" after the first weeks.
    He might be having a rough week as well, there are certain situations that might make people feel stressed, and most of the time they rather just rest from the whole ordeal rather than talking with friends/family as they normally would.

Try to talk with him (Not text) and ask him about what is going on with him these days. (Do not ask him why you haven't texted as much, you might make him feel 'pestered")
    If you notice he is not interested anymore, or he simply evades conversation, it is better to move on.

Please take in mind that distance relationships are really hard to maintain, as it gives the couple a lot of freedom and time to look for "potentially better" partners.

*Credits to my sister for the Banner made from scratch*
    Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)
    FC: 4527-8908-8969
    IGN: Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by cinderkitteh View Post
    So I met this guy at camp, developed a big crush on him, and we exchanged numbers. We texted a lot back and forth and had some pretty nice talks, and we know we'll see each other (sparingly) in the future. But after Thursday of last week, he suddenly stopped texting so much and hasn't texted for the past 2 days. I may be freaking out over it too much but could anyone offer an explanation as to why? He seemed interested...
    If you really are 16 like your profile says you are, then you're definitely old enough to try out a relationship and see how it goes. However, high school is a time in everyone's life when they are discovering a lot about who they are, and people change drastically and rapidly in their high school years. It is difficult to have a long-distance relationship in high school not only because of this, but also because a lot of high schoolers haven't had serious long-term relationships before but also because they're just starting to date and find out what types of people they like, and this might apply to both you and him.

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it; he might have gone on vacation or ran out of minutes or something. But if this relationship doesn't pan out, I wouldn't be heartbroken over it either because you're only 16 years old. You have decades more of your life to meet the right person - most people meet the person they marry in college or while they're in their late 20s or early 30s. Use this time to get to know people, learn how to flirt, learn how to date, and learn how to have a relationship. If it works out, then congratulations, but if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world.

In the short term of texting him, though, I would say give it a couple more days. If he doesn't text you, then just send him a text back that says something like "hey I haven't heard from you in a while; how are you doing?" or something. Or better yet, just give him a call. I definitely agree with Ryuken - NEVER ask him why he hasn't texed. He will feel nagged.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If you really are 16 like your profile says you are, then you're definitely old enough to try out a relationship and see how it goes. However, high school is a time in everyone's life when they are discovering a lot about who they are, and people change drastically and rapidly in their high school years. It is difficult to have a long-distance relationship in high school not only because of this, but also because a lot of high schoolers haven't had serious long-term relationships before but also because they're just starting to date and find out what types of people they like, and this might apply to both you and him.

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it; he might have gone on vacation or ran out of minutes or something. But if this relationship doesn't pan out, I wouldn't be heartbroken over it either because you're only 16 years old. You have decades more of your life to meet the right person - most people meet the person they marry in college or while they're in their late 20s or early 30s. Use this time to get to know people, learn how to flirt, learn how to date, and learn how to have a relationship. If it works out, then congratulations, but if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world.

In the short term of texting him, though, I would say give it a couple more days. If he doesn't text you, then just send him a text back that says something like "hey I haven't heard from you in a while; how are you doing?" or something. Or better yet, just give him a call. I definitely agree with Ryuken - NEVER ask him why he hasn't texed. He will feel nagged.

Thanks for the input guys, helps a lot and makes me feel better. It just weirded me out because at first he was really engaged in conversation, asking me questions and flirting and such, texting me the next day after I was sick to ask how I was doing, and the like, but then he just stopped talking to me regularly. I'll ask him how he's doing in a while. thanks again.

I love to breed Pokémon! If you have a request, PM me. I'll breed you a Pokémon that you request!

Current National Dex Status: 511/718
    "The only woman I'm pimping is sweet lady propane, and I'm tricking her out all over this town!"
    † Praise Him!†
    Profile Pic by Aminella of DeviantArt, Other pics from PMD Wikia

Yea so I'm probably going to FJH. I'll probably meet up with my friends at a football game against my old school.

Without going into too much detail, I've recently broke up relationship (It was LDR and distance was too hard) and I have absolutely no skills with how to deal with a breakup. It's been days and I'm miserable. What do? Sorry for brevity I just don't want to share too much about it here.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Without going into too much detail, I've recently broke up relationship (It was LDR and distance was too hard) and I have absolutely no skills with how to deal with a breakup. It's been days and I'm miserable. What do? Sorry for brevity I just don't want to share too much about it here.
    The best way to deal with a breakup is to try and forget about your previous relationship as fast as possible.
    I recommend going out with friends, as well as trying to focus on hobbies or other things that you couldn't enjoy in your previous relationship.
    Even if it was costly, or very important, it is recommended to get rid of any reminders of her. This includes things such as gifts, teddy bears ,rings and jewelry, and specially photos. (Because it was a LDR, you might want to just avoid things like her Facebook page instead.)
    Depending on the time spent on your previous relationship, it might hurt for a couple days, weeks even. But it is important to learn when it is enough and to start moving on to another relationship.

Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)

I'm with Ryuken in that you need to start doing things that you enjoy doing. I wouldn't say try to forget her (or him), because s/he was a part of your life and you shouldn't regret that, but rather focus on your hobbies and interests so that you have something to do, so you stay busy, and so you are able to hang out with other friends/coworkers/people. The worst thing to do during a breakup is mope around and be sad all the time. You can do that for a day or two, but you need to remember how to be happy and single again by focusing on your hobbies and interests.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Apologies if this is not the correct place for this kind of post, but i could not find anything resembling help with Misc. Tech. support.
    (I would appreciate if anyone could tell me the correct place to post this issue)
    Yesterday i had a small power outage that lasted for a few seconds.
    However, since then i have been having issues with my wi-fi on my laptop (Ethernet works completely fine). After several reboots of both my router and my laptop, my internet connection started working again, however, it never fully worked on my laptop.
    At a glance, everything seems to be fine, but for some reason it appears my connection is limited, as it is barely working, and it can only receive/send small amounts of data. (At least enough to visit this forum)
    My laptop seems to be the only device affected by this. Everything else (Phones, my DS, my wife's laptop) seems to be working accordingly. I would really appreciate any help with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    Apologies if this is not the correct place for this kind of post, but i could not find anything resembling help with Misc. Tech. support.
    (I would appreciate if anyone could tell me the correct place to post this issue)
    Yesterday i had a small power outage that lasted for a few seconds.
    However, since then i have been having issues with my wi-fi on my laptop (Ethernet works completely fine). After several reboots of both my router and my laptop, my internet connection started working again, however, it never fully worked on my laptop.
    At a glance, everything seems to be fine, but for some reason it appears my connection is limited, as it is barely working, and it can only receive/send small amounts of data. (At least enough to visit this forum)
    My laptop seems to be the only device affected by this. Everything else (Phones, my DS, my wife's laptop) seems to be working accordingly. I would really appreciate any help with this issue.
    The correct place for this is the Tech Help Forum, although I'm not sure how much traffic it gets. I'd help you with your issue but I'm pretty useless when it comes to fixing electronics. I can barely set up my router correctly :/

-------

Has anyone here ever dealt with their parents getting divorced? They sat me and my brother and sister down today, and told us flat out. This is completely devastating to me... I cried for the first time in years. I'm looking for advice on how to deal with it, and how to talk to my parents about it. My life will never be the same again. I never thought this would happen; I though my parents loved each other.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Has anyone here ever dealt with their parents getting divorced? They sat me and my brother and sister down today, and told us flat out. This is completely devastating to me... I cried for the first time in years. I'm looking for advice on how to deal with it, and how to talk to my parents about it. My life will never be the same again. I never thought this would happen; I though my parents loved each other.
    While i have no experience in this regard, i can still give you some recommendations that might help a you out a bit. At the very least, they might make you feel a little better.
    -Try talking this with an adult. Anyone helps, specially your close family (Aunts/Uncles), the important thing is that you tell them how you feel about the situation. It is normal to feel scared, anger or loneliness.
    -Try to understand that there are no "sides" in this situation, both are your parents and both suffer from a divorce. No one is right and both are wrong.
    -Find support on your sister. If she is younger than you, this could be devastating for her as well, and she will need her brother.
    -Get into your head that a divorce can happen by a thousand reasons, but never by your fault, or your sister's.
    -Try to understand that this situation might be for the best, if they often fought and rarely spent time together anymore this might have been the best solution.

Keep in mind, that when most parents give their children the bad news, they have thought about it for long. Their decision is most probably final.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    While I have never dealt with this either, I want to reiterate the most important thing that Ryuken said: it is NOT your fault. You need to remember that, and you need to keep reminding your sister as well that it is not her fault. The most important thing you can do as a big brother is to protect your sister, and make sure that she knows that neither of you are the cause of your parents' divorce and that your parents still love you very much.

-------

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be sure to keep it in mind. These next few weeks are going to be tough, but I'll keep trying to get back to normalcy again.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Here's a question I got an Ipad touch and I was wondering what is the best art app to download for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    While i have no experience in this regard, i can still give you some recommendations that might help a you out a bit. At the very least, they might make you feel a little better.
    -Try talking this with an adult. Anyone helps, specially your close family (Aunts/Uncles), the important thing is that you tell them how you feel about the situation. It is normal to feel scared, anger or loneliness.
    -Try to understand that there are no "sides" in this situation, both are your parents and both suffer from a divorce. No one is right and both are wrong.
    -Find support on your sister. If she is younger than you, this could be devastating for her as well, and she will need her brother.
    -Get into your head that a divorce can happen by a thousand reasons, but never by your fault, or your sister's.
    -Try to understand that this situation might be for the best, if they often fought and rarely spent time together anymore this might have been the best solution.

Keep in mind, that when most parents give their children the bad news, they have thought about it for long. Their decision is most probably final.
    To add on to this wonderful advice I also want to point out to not take sides with either parent. It can be very hard to do but never make them think you like more than another, its a recipe for argument and disaster.
    Epic trades for you!

FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

Offering:
    DWF:

Looking for:

Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

The best thing to do is to surround your self with positive people and surroundings. Perhaps taking a couple personal days to enjoy doing fun and sociable things with friends to keep your mind off things.

Definitely do not rush into any other relationships because that's always a bad idea. You may wind up causing yourself more heartbreak than before.

Break ups are also good times to find out a lot about yourself and learn from your past; reflect on what's truly important to you and pursue things that are best for yourself.

Use this new found time in your life to explore opportunities that you couldn't do prior. Eventually, with a good mindset, time will do it's job and you'll find yourself feeling 100x better than you did before. Keep yourself distracted. It's all about time.

So I've been having some neck pain and stiffness and I'm not sure what to do about it. It's becoming a problem since it made it hard to fall asleep. Someone told me to use a heat pad, but I have no idea what to do with that. Do I just leave it on constantly? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    So I've been having some neck pain and stiffness and I'm not sure what to do about it. It's becoming a problem since it made it hard to fall asleep. Someone told me to use a heat pad, but I have no idea what to do with that. Do I just leave it on constantly? Does anyone have any other ideas?
    You can stretch your neck by tilting it to the side of your head (right then left) for 12 seconds per side. Other options include to change your pillow or go see a Chiropractor. Hope this helps.

Running programmes,has anyone got any for the mile /5000 metre run Also has anyone got a height increase program that adds cms to your height.
    Last edited by robert150; 22nd July 2014 at 11:28 AM.

So I have a question:
    I have a tablet that runs Android. Recently my only web browser, Google Chrome, has been messing up. It is impossible to see it in my library, my list of apps, and even my web button is gone. I can only access it through the Play Store, where it lists it as disabled. Whenever I re-enable it, it needs an update. I update it every time, but later when I go back into the Play Store it says that it is disabled. Can anyone help? I really need to get it fixed, as I have to use Chrome for school. Another browser won't do.

Have you tried using other browsers? Sometimes colleges say certain stuff doesn't work on their connections but it actually does.I know my school did that.

I can't really help you on the chrome thing, but you can probably look that up somewhere else, if no one here knows.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Well, I'm in the middle of a mini-dilemna.

You see, there's this person on here who I was interested in adding as a friend, and while I didn't get any word back on that part, He DID visit my profile page in response. So, I left him a pleasant visitor message., just gushing out of nowhere. (Keep in mind, this person is relatively known for...stuff. That's all I'll say.) But that's not the actual problem- You see, I've noticed that he also has an NNID, and goes on Miiverse, and such. I've thought about offering him a friend Request there, too, but I feel as if I would come off as a stalker. Plus, of those on his friend list, none of his followers are friends, and vice versa, so offering a FR would probably be pointless. What I'm trying to say is...should I attempt to friend him on Miiverse, anyway, despite never once talking to him? Should I wait til' I get the opportunity to talk to him? Or should I drop the matter completely? And if I DO friend request him, what would I possibly say in only 63 characters?

(Claims:Red Savarin, Klonoa 2, Sandslash)

{Banner courtesy of FinalSoraRiku of Untamed Heart}
    [Red Sprite made by Zacharyleebrown via DeviantArt.com]

"I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

How do I get friends at a new school? Simple as that.

Be patient & just passively observe the people around you. If you find a person who enjoys the things you do then try talking to them. Eventually you'll find people you click with and friendships will gradually form as you interact with said people.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sable-Xeno View Post
    Well, I'm in the middle of a mini-dilemna.

You see, there's this person on here who I was interested in adding as a friend, and while I didn't get any word back on that part, He DID visit my profile page in response. So, I left him a pleasant visitor message., just gushing out of nowhere. (Keep in mind, this person is relatively known for...stuff. That's all I'll say.) But that's not the actual problem- You see, I've noticed that he also has an NNID, and goes on Miiverse, and such. I've thought about offering him a friend Request there, too, but I feel as if I would come off as a stalker. Plus, of those on his friend list, none of his followers are friends, and vice versa, so offering a FR would probably be pointless. What I'm trying to say is...should I attempt to friend him on Miiverse, anyway, despite never once talking to him? Should I wait til' I get the opportunity to talk to him? Or should I drop the matter completely? And if I DO friend request him, what would I possibly say in only 63 characters?
    dont. it comes across as creepy and stalkery. i would drop it unless he replies to you; not everyone wants to be your friend online esp if this person is well-known and probably busy.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Page 170 of 172 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172 LastLast