Page 170 of 173 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173 LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 4314

Thread: The Official Advice Thread

Here's a question I got an Ipad touch and I was wondering what is the best art app to download for it?

Taking a break from Serebii and Pokemon till Sun and Moon come out. I do not want to be spoiled about new Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    While i have no experience in this regard, i can still give you some recommendations that might help a you out a bit. At the very least, they might make you feel a little better.
    -Try talking this with an adult. Anyone helps, specially your close family (Aunts/Uncles), the important thing is that you tell them how you feel about the situation. It is normal to feel scared, anger or loneliness.
    -Try to understand that there are no "sides" in this situation, both are your parents and both suffer from a divorce. No one is right and both are wrong.
    -Find support on your sister. If she is younger than you, this could be devastating for her as well, and she will need her brother.
    -Get into your head that a divorce can happen by a thousand reasons, but never by your fault, or your sister's.
    -Try to understand that this situation might be for the best, if they often fought and rarely spent time together anymore this might have been the best solution.

Keep in mind, that when most parents give their children the bad news, they have thought about it for long. Their decision is most probably final.
    To add on to this wonderful advice I also want to point out to not take sides with either parent. It can be very hard to do but never make them think you like more than another, its a recipe for argument and disaster.
    Epic trades for you!

FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

Offering:
    DWF:

Looking for:

Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Without going into too much detail, I've recently broke up relationship (It was LDR and distance was too hard) and I have absolutely no skills with how to deal with a breakup. It's been days and I'm miserable. What do? Sorry for brevity I just don't want to share too much about it here.
    The best thing to do is to surround your self with positive people and surroundings. Perhaps taking a couple personal days to enjoy doing fun and sociable things with friends to keep your mind off things.

Definitely do not rush into any other relationships because that's always a bad idea. You may wind up causing yourself more heartbreak than before.

Break ups are also good times to find out a lot about yourself and learn from your past; reflect on what's truly important to you and pursue things that are best for yourself.

Use this new found time in your life to explore opportunities that you couldn't do prior. Eventually, with a good mindset, time will do it's job and you'll find yourself feeling 100x better than you did before. Keep yourself distracted. It's all about time.

So I've been having some neck pain and stiffness and I'm not sure what to do about it. It's becoming a problem since it made it hard to fall asleep. Someone told me to use a heat pad, but I have no idea what to do with that. Do I just leave it on constantly? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Credit to FairyWitch for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    So I've been having some neck pain and stiffness and I'm not sure what to do about it. It's becoming a problem since it made it hard to fall asleep. Someone told me to use a heat pad, but I have no idea what to do with that. Do I just leave it on constantly? Does anyone have any other ideas?
    You can stretch your neck by tilting it to the side of your head (right then left) for 12 seconds per side. Other options include to change your pillow or go see a Chiropractor. Hope this helps.

Taking a break from Serebii and Pokemon till Sun and Moon come out. I do not want to be spoiled about new Pokemon.

Running programmes,has anyone got any for the mile /5000 metre run Also has anyone got a height increase program that adds cms to your height.
    Last edited by robert150; 22nd July 2014 at 10:28 AM.

So I have a question:
    I have a tablet that runs Android. Recently my only web browser, Google Chrome, has been messing up. It is impossible to see it in my library, my list of apps, and even my web button is gone. I can only access it through the Play Store, where it lists it as disabled. Whenever I re-enable it, it needs an update. I update it every time, but later when I go back into the Play Store it says that it is disabled. Can anyone help? I really need to get it fixed, as I have to use Chrome for school. Another browser won't do.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead.

Have you tried using other browsers? Sometimes colleges say certain stuff doesn't work on their connections but it actually does.I know my school did that.

I can't really help you on the chrome thing, but you can probably look that up somewhere else, if no one here knows.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Well, I'm in the middle of a mini-dilemna.

You see, there's this person on here who I was interested in adding as a friend, and while I didn't get any word back on that part, He DID visit my profile page in response. So, I left him a pleasant visitor message., just gushing out of nowhere. (Keep in mind, this person is relatively known for...stuff. That's all I'll say.) But that's not the actual problem- You see, I've noticed that he also has an NNID, and goes on Miiverse, and such. I've thought about offering him a friend Request there, too, but I feel as if I would come off as a stalker. Plus, of those on his friend list, none of his followers are friends, and vice versa, so offering a FR would probably be pointless. What I'm trying to say is...should I attempt to friend him on Miiverse, anyway, despite never once talking to him? Should I wait til' I get the opportunity to talk to him? Or should I drop the matter completely? And if I DO friend request him, what would I possibly say in only 63 characters?

{Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen mugshot templates made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).}

(Claims:Red Savarin, Klonoa 2, Lucario)

How do I get friends at a new school? Simple as that.
    I'm cis and straight, April Fools.

Be patient & just passively observe the people around you. If you find a person who enjoys the things you do then try talking to them. Eventually you'll find people you click with and friendships will gradually form as you interact with said people.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sable-Xeno View Post

You see, there's this person on here who I was interested in adding as a friend, and while I didn't get any word back on that part, He DID visit my profile page in response. So, I left him a pleasant visitor message., just gushing out of nowhere. (Keep in mind, this person is relatively known for...stuff. That's all I'll say.) But that's not the actual problem- You see, I've noticed that he also has an NNID, and goes on Miiverse, and such. I've thought about offering him a friend Request there, too, but I feel as if I would come off as a stalker. Plus, of those on his friend list, none of his followers are friends, and vice versa, so offering a FR would probably be pointless. What I'm trying to say is...should I attempt to friend him on Miiverse, anyway, despite never once talking to him? Should I wait til' I get the opportunity to talk to him? Or should I drop the matter completely? And if I DO friend request him, what would I possibly say in only 63 characters?
    dont. it comes across as creepy and stalkery. i would drop it unless he replies to you; not everyone wants to be your friend online esp if this person is well-known and probably busy.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)
    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)
    merchandise club|tumblr
    [21:03] <+Skiks> ellie is out of context
    [21:04] <+Skiks> the experience

Quote Originally Posted by Sable-Xeno View Post

Wait for him to reply first, you don't want to come off as a stalker. You have to have a VM conversation first and getting to know them before becoming friends IMO. If he doesn't reply at all, you could browse some of the threads he's on and then send him a PM commenting on one of his posts. That's always a good conversation starter. Just make sure you post on the thread as well.
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

Well...
    I always have trouble starting posts in this thread
    Anyhow

My sisters got me really good. And I need good prank Ideas. The're both older and I need creative ideas that aren't too mean.
    Last edited by Crash & Charm; 14th August 2014 at 3:55 AM.

Fossil Fighters Forum - a nice group of people that will make you feel welcome
    sorry guys, going inactive for a while, no idea when I will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash & Charm View Post

My sisters got me really good. And I need good prank Ideas. There both older and I need creative ideas that aren't too mean.
    out baby powder in their hair dryer. that should be too bad

Ok guys I need some advice:
    So theres this guy I am in love with who has a girlfriend already so I am just stepping back and letting him be happy even though it kills me inside, well anyways I have been living with him and his family for a month now and with each passing day he seems more and more distant towards me... I don't know what I am doing wrong i am just being a friend and being myself and when I am around him he acts all happy but thats just an act I know this because as soon as he thinks I can't hear him he talk to his friends about how annoying I am and he tells his girlfriend that I hide and steal his stuff and how I am always in his room and taking his bed when in reality he asks me to come into his room and invites me to steal his bed. He is hurting me awfully bad thing is he knows I love him so I don't know if this is his way of trying to tell me to get lost or what. I mean I am sooooo confused I just offering him friendship but he keeps doing stuff like this and its really making me depressed... i am afraid to talk to him about it as well.. any ideas guys of why he is treating me this way?
    Forever alone! This Lone Wolf keeps on fighting!
    "I don't want to be alone, I just want to be left alone!"

credit goes to internet for image

Quote Originally Posted by Ropav View Post
    So theres this guy I am in love with who has a girlfriend already so I am just stepping back and letting him be happy even though it kills me inside, well anyways I have been living with him and his family for a month now and with each passing day he seems more and more distant towards me... I don't know what I am doing wrong i am just being a friend and being myself and when I am around him he acts all happy but thats just an act I know this because as soon as he thinks I can't hear him he talk to his friends about how annoying I am and he tells his girlfriend that I hide and steal his stuff and how I am always in his room and taking his bed when in reality he asks me to come into his room and invites me to steal his bed. He is hurting me awfully bad thing is he knows I love him so I don't know if this is his way of trying to tell me to get lost or what. I mean I am sooooo confused I just offering him friendship but he keeps doing stuff like this and its really making me depressed... i am afraid to talk to him about it as well.. any ideas guys of why he is treating me this way?
    My advice, he isn't worth it. I wouldn't care about his reasons for doing it, the fact of the matter is he's being a colossal dick. Trust me when I tell you that your life is better off without this kind of drama.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

There is a chance that he is simply tired/bored of you. This is more likely because you have been living with him for about a month (While not having any kind of relationship), this is pretty much why he grows distant with each passing day. As he is somewhat annoyed by solely your presence, he is likely to "poke fun" at you with his friends.
    The reason of why he speaks lies about you in such a way with his girlfriend, is because she might be jealous, (Somewhat understandable since she knows you technically spend more time with him than she does.) so he attempts to make you seem unappealing by telling her bad things about you, even if they are not true.
    It is somewhat similar to how men say a woman is ugly in front of their wives just to avoid making them feel jealous.

What i would recommend, is to talk to him privately in a serious manner, and "force" him to be honest. If he knows you love him, he will "spit it out", if he doesn't, avoid talking about love-related feelings.
    Try and ask him why is he acting like this, and act accordingly.

Also, no matter how it goes, i would suggest staying away from him, and focus on someone else. His attitude is pathetic at best and if you happen to end up in a relationship, it will end up worse.
    In the end, just talk with him about the current situation, and move on.

*Credits to my sister for the Banner made from scratch*
    Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)
    FC: 4527-8908-8969
    IGN: Ryuken

There is a chance that he is simply tired/bored of you. This is more likely because you have been living with him for about a month (While not having any kind of relationship), this is pretty much why he grows distant with each passing day. As he is somewhat annoyed by solely your presence, he is likely to "poke fun" at you with his friends.
    The reason of why he speaks lies about you in such a way with his girlfriend, is because she might be jealous, (Somewhat understandable since she knows you technically spend more time with him than she does.) so he attempts to make you seem unappealing by telling her bad things about you, even if they are not true.
    It is somewhat similar to how men say a woman is ugly in front of their wives just to avoid making them feel jealous.

What i would recommend, is to talk to him privately in a serious manner, and "force" him to be honest. If he knows you love him, he will "spit it out", if he doesn't, avoid talking about love-related feelings.
    Try and ask him why is he acting like this, and act accordingly.

Also, no matter how it goes, i would suggest staying away from him, and focus on someone else. His attitude is pathetic at best and if you happen to end up in a relationship, it will end up worse.
    In the end, just talk with him about the current situation, and move on.
    Did I mention he is my best friend and that I promised him I would never leave him? and I just don't know how to talk to him anymore so I am extremely quiet any tips on how to talk to him?

Did I mention he is my best friend and that I promised him I would never leave him? and I just don't know how to talk to him anymore so I am extremely quiet any tips on how to talk to him?
    Before speaking about promises, it is important that you speak with him and see if he still considers you as a friend. Sometimes no matter how much you love someone, or simply wish to be his/her friend, that person wont share the same feelings for you.
    If you wish to speak with him, i would recommend you get over your shyness and "confront" him directly.
    Wait until you both are alone and have time for a couple of mins. (Maybe while his parents are out and you two stay) and talk to him in a serious matter. Speak about how you feel about this whole ordeal (I wouldn't recommend speaking about love though) and ask him honestly if he still considers you as a friend.

Keep in mind that the more you avoid speaking with him, the worst the situation will become. If you don't speak with him in a serious matter, everything will keep going downhill and you will never fix anything.

If you see he simply won't consider you as a friend anymore, it is better to leave him be and move on. No point in keeping promises with a bag of rocks.

Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)

Before speaking about promises, it is important that you speak with him and see if he still considers you as a friend. Sometimes no matter how much you love someone, or simply wish to be his/her friend, that person wont share the same feelings for you.
    If you wish to speak with him, i would recommend you get over your shyness and "confront" him directly.
    Wait until you both are alone and have time for a couple of mins. (Maybe while his parents are out and you two stay) and talk to him in a serious matter. Speak about how you feel about this whole ordeal (I wouldn't recommend speaking about love though) and ask him honestly if he still considers you as a friend.

Keep in mind that the more you avoid speaking with him, the worst the situation will become. If you don't speak with him in a serious matter, everything will keep going downhill and you will never fix anything.

If you see he simply won't consider you as a friend anymore, it is better to leave him be and move on. No point in keeping promises with a bag of rocks.
    I don't know sometimes it seems like he hates me other times it seems like he is my bestfriend its confusing the heck out of me and sounds like a plan but his parents never leave me home alone with him

I have a problem. I feel really guilty about something, and it's gonna sound so weird.

I feel guilty about using too many sketchbooks (AKA wasting paper).

I love to draw, but I always draw stuff on a page and flip to the next. And then I find that I have to ask my parents to buy me more sketchbooks. I must have about 30/40 or so. I mean, my parents have saved my sketchbooks since I was 8/9, and I'm 14 now, almost 15, but I feel bad about wasting all that paper. I mean I try to do better now, as in trying to make sure I use all the space, but when I get angry/frustrated while drawing, that is when I waste so much paper. How can I make myself feel less guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    I have a problem. I feel really guilty about something, and it's gonna sound so weird.

I love to draw, but I always draw stuff on a page and flip to the next. And then I find that I have to ask my parents to buy me more sketchbooks. I must have about 30/40 or so. I mean, my parents have saved my sketchbooks since I was 8/9, and I'm 14 now, almost 15, but I feel bad about wasting all that paper. I mean I try to do better now, as in trying to make sure I use all the space, but when I get angry/frustrated while drawing, that is when I waste so much paper. How can I make myself feel less guilty?
    Have you tried using recycled paper as an alternative, I'm not sure if you can get proper sketchbooks with them but hey at least you would know that you are reusing it without the need to worry that more trees have been cut down because of that (is this what you feel guilty about?)
    Last edited by thunder2910; 23rd August 2014 at 2:59 PM.
    I have claimed

If it's disposable, (A sketch that you believe it's wrong or just badly drawn) try to recycle it.
    You have several options on how to do it, try and be creative with them.
    Some personal suggestions would be to try Origami, or if you have a pet, use those useless pages to pick up feces and the like.

Keep in mind that your parents waste pretty much nothing on buying you sketch books. Drawing can be one of the cheapest hobbies when compared to sculpting/painting or even less artistic ones like video games.

Some artist go through thousands of them, the last thing they want is to worry about how much paper they waste.

If you can, you can always invest into a tablet, no paper wasted. Also take the advice of what everyone else said.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Page 170 of 173 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173 LastLast