Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172
Results 4,276 to 4,279 of 4279

Thread: The Advice Thread - "What should I do about this weird mole growing on my back"

Quote Originally Posted by minerswhocraft View Post
    I can speak to people and make friends in class perfectly fine. I can be very personable and open and I attend film school, so everybody can talk about movies all the time. Making friends is easy to me, but keeping friends or getting together with them outside of class is what I don't know how to do.

It being my last year is of no concern. I don't want to graduate without friends either.

My biggest problem is getting friends outside of school and outside of studies. Friends like my old ones who I was able to just hang out with. I don't know how to do that anymore because my old friends and I would always just be hanging out at one guy's basement. I don't know what people my age do now to "hang out."
    it might depend on your school's environment, but probably hanging out at the bars would help. you don't have to get drunk (if you don't know people well you really shouldn't), but just having a drink or two and hanging out/talking with some other people can be a lot of fun. also, you should look into the "culture" of the different bars in your area and go to one that suits you. some of it is stereotypes buuut i know in my own town there is a massive difference between the clubby bar, the frat bro bar, the hipstery bar, the tiny dive bar.. etc. i made some of my friends senior year from the bars so it's definitely possible.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Hi people this is the first time I've really done anything like this on this site so I'm a little bit nervous; please forgive me. XD This is actually more for a friend than anyone else; we've both researched and can't seem to come up with a healthy solution to her problem. Here's the issue:

She's a really smart teen living in Ohio that's having some serious problems with her mother and father. She has recordings to prove this of course for use in courts in the future and to prove that it's not that she's bratty or whatever in case anyone might be wondering. Basically, apparently I've been told that Ohio has this thing under state law that if you're a minor and you run away there's consequences; i.e. juvie or that kind of thing. Also apparently family members or friends can't harbour her as it's supposed to be an offence.

Anyway the main issue is really that the environment she's in is very unhealthy; she has evidence her father is verbally and emotionally abusive. She has a therapist who is very inactive on the matter; because legally, there is nothing she can do to proactively get her dad out of her hair besides attempt to fix problems that don't exist, ergo making her life all that much more difficult.

Her mother basically has Stockholm Syndrome. She's an A Student and he's on her back like, very heavily whenever she gets the chance to unwind which I'm told is a very small window (months apart.) She's E-schooled because she's dedicated to her grades over friendships, so she doesn't have a public school support network.

Basically I'd just like to know if there's really any solution out there for her other than puttin' up with it obviously. She's a really great kid and I wanna help so it'd be great to get anyone's input.

(I've also made sure to check this is a relevant post; if it's not I do apologise, go easy please XD)
    Whether you're a battler or a trader never forget to help those in need; you may need it yourself one day! Spread the good karma and may you be ever favourable in victory!

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2266-9731
    IGN: Steven

Credit to LunGhost; thanks a lot! =)

To respond to you Syrus, the first thing I would have her try is to have a conversation with her father as calmly and maturely as possible. No voice raising, no insulting or blaming. She needs to make her emotions and outlook on the situation very known. If this can be done someplace in public it might be better to avoid a bad reaction from the father and if her becomes abusive others will be there as witness.

This is a tricky situation and it is not healthy at all. Communication is key in healthy relationships. Running away will most likely make things much worse as you seem to know already, but continuing to live uncomfortably needs to stop as well.

Fathers can be the worst person in the world to teenage girls, so be sure to approach the situation as openly as possible.
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

Thanks so much for the info miners; I'll pass this on!
    Whether you're a battler or a trader never forget to help those in need; you may need it yourself one day! Spread the good karma and may you be ever favourable in victory!

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2266-9731
    IGN: Steven

Credit to LunGhost; thanks a lot! =)

Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172