Page 67 of 172 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4279

Thread: The Advice Thread - "What should I do about this weird mole growing on my back"

  1. #1651
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dinosaur Planet
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    I don't have a facebook and I've never had any problems. I suppose facebook is a good way to get in touch with people, but if you want to spend time with people, why not just meet them in RL?

    ^ Click this for good times ^


  2. #1652
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    35

    Default

    If you are responsible with the info you put out, I don't see much harm in it. Just don't get too addicted and let it control your life/actions :P Edit: I have one but barely use it lol

  3. #1653
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Facebook is pretty silly in itself.

    if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

  4. #1654
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dinosaur Planet
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_TROLL_NAMED_SLACK View Post
    If you are attached to someone and then you get redjected (Speaking for my friend)
    How do you avoid feeling bad/ being sad and/or crying.
    Try overeating. Food is a great way to get your mind off of things. Millions of Americans eat to relieve stress. Of course, this is why millions of Americans are obese, but if you're not too worried about that...

    ^ Click this for good times ^


  5. #1655
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    but if you want to spend time with people, why not just meet them in RL?
    Because there are times when you can't meet the people you want to speak to in real life.

    Anyway, you should get one just for the sake of having one. All you need to do is add your friends and that's all. You can use it whenever you need it. It's easy and convenient.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  6. #1656
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Its your choice not ours.

  7. #1657
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace.
    Posts
    3,528

  8. #1658
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,699

    Default

    Overeating as a stress reliever is really risky. Especially if you keep doing it after originally just doing it once. It's not advised to overeat to relieve stress.

    A lot of times, you may at first just think you'll only do it once or twice, but if you really find it relieving, you may end up doing it too much.

  9. #1659
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dinosaur Planet
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    Because there are times when you can't meet the people you want to speak to in real life.
    Like far-away relatives? That's understandable. But I personally see it as kind of pointless to use facebook with people you see on a relatively frequent basis.

    Then again, I don't have a facebook, so my views might not be accurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Overeating as a stress reliever is really risky. Especially if you keep doing it after originally just doing it once. It's not advised to overeat to relieve stress.

    A lot of times, you may at first just think you'll only do it once or twice, but if you really find it relieving, you may end up doing it too much.
    That was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Don't actually overeat. You will regret it terribly.
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 19th February 2012 at 3:41 AM.

    ^ Click this for good times ^


  10. #1660
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Since I finished High School I haven't seen much of my friends. Facebook is pretty good way to stay in touch.

  11. #1661
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Like far-away relatives? That's understandable. But I personally see it as kind of pointless to use facebook with people you see on a relatively frequent basis.

    Then again, I don't have a facebook, so my views might not be accurate.
    With friends who went away for college, if it's really late at night and you need something like help with school work (projects, coordinating with a group), etc.

    As I said, it's something that you don't need to use when you don't need it.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  12. #1662
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dinosaur Planet
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Yeah, I haven't finished high school either, so my arguments are pretty much invalid by now.

    ^ Click this for good times ^


  13. #1663
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default



    I can infect all trades with Pokerus on request.

    Looking for Shiny flawless Charmander and any Masterballs.

    All my pokemon will be 100% legit and uncloned, I expect the same from you.

    Now have most pokemon available from Japanese versions! Inc Ditto's!

    PM with what you want and what you can offer!

  14. #1664
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Die Vereinigten Staaten
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Any tips for polite rejections? Im a kind of person who hates to be mean.

  15. #1665
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Mushroom Forest
    Posts
    296

    Default

    @Rayce: For rejections you can just tell them in a nice tone of voice using non-offensive words that they are a nice person and all(even if they aren't), and explain to them why you don't want to go out or something...
    フェージングのエコー

  16. #1666
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Be blunt. If not, you'll just irritate the other person by not being clear enough. I believed this was mentioned back a few pages ago.

  17. #1667
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dinosaur Planet
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    Any tips for polite rejections? Im a kind of person who hates to be mean.
    Make contradictory excuses until the other person takes the hint.

    ^ Click this for good times ^


  18. #1668
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    Any tips for polite rejections? Im a kind of person who hates to be mean.
    Just be upfront, honest, and don't use an offensive tone. Appologizing for having to say would also work.

    The person you're saying to is going to be very distraught from hearing this, so even a hug may be a good idea. As long as you say the right things and not do anything that may make them feel worse, they should understand and not be mad or anything about the rejection, just sad and heartbroken.

  19. #1669
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Die Vereinigten Staaten
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaMaster View Post
    Be blunt. If not, you'll just irritate the other person by not being clear enough. I believed this was mentioned back a few pages ago.
    A couple people told me to be as simplistic (but nice) as possible, I think ill go with that.

  20. #1670
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Bark Town
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    A couple people told me to be as simplistic (but nice) as possible, I think ill go with that.
    example: "That is real sweet of you but I am not seeking anything of that degree with you. I'd like us to stay friends"
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

  21. #1671
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Die Vereinigten Staaten
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    example: "That is real sweet of you but I am not seeking anything of that degree with you. I'd like us to stay friends"
    "I'd like us to stay friends"? *gag* friend zone Dx I think ill pass with that one. Thanks for the rest, though!

  22. #1672
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Bark Town
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    "I'd like us to stay friends"? *gag* friend zone Dx I think ill pass with that one. Thanks for the rest, though!
    Oh it's that bad ehh...
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

  23. #1673
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    Any tips for polite rejections? Im a kind of person who hates to be mean.
    Heard of that saying "Sometimes you must be cruel to be kind"? I'd say this was probably one of those situations. If you do what Gelatino said and keep making excuses until they get the hint, you're probably being more cruel than necessary as that's constant rejecting. You should just say you're not looking for a relationship or wanting to go out with anyone. Honesty is never a bad thing.

    xxx

  24. #1674
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaMaster View Post
    Ludwig, would you like some advice on how to not overthink everything?
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Since I finished High School I haven't seen much of my friends. Facebook is pretty good way to stay in touch.
    Why is that important?

  25. #1675
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Inna House... With Cable!!!
    Posts
    3,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I am relaxed.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaMaster View Post
    Ludwig, would you like some advice on how to not overthink everything?
    LOL Unova, it's cool. At least with me. It's not that Ludwig over thinks his responses. Its that he isn't thinking enough...
    ...
    ...
    or he watches Monty Python!

    So true!

Page 67 of 172 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •