Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

How many hours of sleep do pet ducks require?

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaMaster View Post
    How many hours of sleep do pet ducks require?
    Ducks only need about three hours of sleep. And no, it doesn't to be all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by AudinoHunter View Post
    What is this flower? I'm planning to get one for my mom on her birthday because she loves them.
        Spoiler:- hugeass picture:
    That's definitely not a common flower lol. I work as a Florist and I haven't come across that before. Do you think it could be possible that it hasn't fully bloomed yet? Anyway the only flower I could think of that resembles that slightly is the White Lonicera Periclymenum. If your mother likes smallish white flowers, then one that I'd like to recommend is the Valeriana Officinalis. It may not look anything like the flower in the picture, but they sure do look cute.

xxx

I wanted to ask what are the symptoms or signs of Autism?:

I ask because I found out my friend's sister has Autism (No, really she is my friend's younger sister) and while I haven't really known her sister for too long, infact we were both on a Christian camp and was the most I had interacted with her but you wouldn't even know she had it, I mean there are some things that seem odd but I didn't chalk it up to anything. So I was just wondering exactly what is Autism and such? (I had accidentally mistaken it for Aspergers for a moment). I am guessing that it's not too mild because like I said you wouldn't really notice if you were in a conversation with her.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post

I ask because I found out my friend's sister has Autism (No, really she is my friend's younger sister) and while I haven't really known her sister for too long, infact we were both on a Christian camp and was the most I had interacted with her but you wouldn't even know she had it, I mean there are some things that seem odd but I didn't chalk it up to anything. So I was just wondering exactly what is Autism and such? (I had accidentally mistaken it for Aspergers for a moment). I am guessing that it's not too mild because like I said you wouldn't really notice if you were in a conversation with her.
    To be honest I don't know the exact symptoms of Autism, except for that it's a mental illness. You might want to, as always, google it.

thanks adam you da best
    average bi whos ready to try
    formerly blastoiseboy19

Aspergers is an autism spectrum, so the differences between aspergers and other forms of autism are small.

I don't know a lot about autism, but I know about aspergers and I will write that.

Aspergers is an individual disorder, how one is affected by it depends on how severe it is and this got a wide range. Savantism is sometimes considered an extreme type of autism. It's usual that people with aspergers develop special interests (usually 1 or 2 at a time) and it's very easy for them to learn about those special interests because they are interested about them. It's also usual that they have problems with social things, like understanding emotions or detecting sarcasm. It's also difficult for them to understand what you mean if you don't say what you mean, one example mentioned a lot in texts about it is the question: "Can you open the window?", people with aspergers would answer "yes" because they are able to open the window unless someone had prior to that told them that it's a request rather than a question. It's also not uncommon with individual traits. (Do note that the severity of the disorder varies).

Ludwig- Thank you that's very informative, I had also decided to google it as well. I am not sure how severe my friend's sister has it, although the times I had spent with her (Which before the camp I went on was very little) she seemed pretty normal, so I think it's mild to say aleast, after looking it up she has shown some of the things that come with it but it's not alot to make you think she has it, but you can't really judge when you haven't seen how people are in their homes (I have noticed that unless you spent large amount at their house you notice the change in attide and behaviour, but that's family stuff for you, but since I have not been to my friend's house much less is she living with her sister.... I think, I get confused alot with hers and her oldest sister's on where they are living).

I don't think she has Aspergers though since my friend had said Autism. I wonder though, is people who have Aspergers or Autism able to maintain a relationship? (No I am not thinking of asking her out, I mean I would but she's my friend 18 year old sister for starters, and secondly I have a major crush on another girl). It would seem a little unfair if she had to go on life never getting married, presuming she really cares about it at all just because of her Autism, which like I said isn't noticeable until someone points it out,

Ludwig- Thank you that's very informative, I had also decided to google it as well. I am not sure how severe my friend's sister has it, although the times I had spent with her (Which before the camp I went on was very little) she seemed pretty normal, so I think it's mild to say aleast, after looking it up she has shown some of the things that come with it but it's not alot to make you think she has it, but you can't really judge when you haven't seen how people are in their homes (I have noticed that unless you spent large amount at their house you notice the change in attide and behaviour, but that's family stuff for you, but since I have not been to my friend's house much less is she living with her sister.... I think, I get confused alot with hers and her oldest sister's on where they are living).

I don't think she has Aspergers though since my friend had said Autism. I wonder though, is people who have Aspergers or Autism able to maintain a relationship? (No I am not thinking of asking her out, I mean I would but she's my friend 18 year old sister for starters, and secondly I have a major crush on another girl). It would seem a little unfair if she had to go on life never getting married, presuming she really cares about it at all just because of her Autism, which like I said isn't noticeable until someone points it out,
    How noticeable autism is is situational. You could have a normal discussion with her about a subject that isn't (noticeably) affected by her autism and not notice that she got it but notice it very soon if you are discussing another subject.

Autistic people can maintain relationships.

Ludwig- Ah true, I did notice some things were a bit off though, like at one point I was going 4x4 driving with the Pastor at the camp and I called out her name about five times from the car but she hadn't heard me (Which after reading upon it I noticed one of the things to go with it is having their name called and not responding, so it makes sense now, I thought she might had a hearing problem like me), she heard the pastor when he asked though (But then she was actually standing in front of him at that time).

Ah well that's good, I do think she's pretty (But I think her sister is kinda hot, and she has very similar features to both of her sisters so of course. And she's a redhead, for a long time I am not sure while but I have been attracted to alot of redheads, sadly because of that one severely burned me, not literal of course) and she does have a nice personality from what I can see so I think she would have a shot if she wanted to have a relationship with a guy.

Of what I understand of Autism, they (those suffering from it) have intricate skills with instruments or something similar, but have social problems, and have trouble reading social situations.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Of what I understand of Autism, they (those suffering from it) have intricate skills with instruments or something similar, but have social problems, and have trouble reading social situations.
    It does not have to be similar to instruments. I assume that the autistic people with musical abilities are more known than those with other abilities because many people are interested in music. Some psychologist specializing in autism think that both Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton had a form on autism, but it's of course impossible to confirm if were autistic. Most people don't study enough to reach the levels when younger/newer scientists' works are topical, so it's probably also common that people don't know about the academic achievements of autistic people. The academic achievements that most people encounter in school happened so long ago that it's not possible to confirm if the scientist were autistic and (in Sweden) the scientists are not mentioned when it's about newer discoveries (they are mentioned in science education at a higher level than what is mandatory).

without a dictionary, what is the meaning of life?
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

10char

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

That does seem to make sense, on the last day of the camp when I walked into this hall she was playing the piano and quite well I add (I think she was playing it, her sister was next to her but she was standing while the former was sitting at the chair, I would have seen if another sort of sofa didn't block my view).

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    Without specifically answering what it is, since for everybody there's a unique answer, I'd suggest that it's "a journey rather than a destination". It's not the ultimate sacrifice or the single crowning triumph, it's more about the choices we make along the way that lead us to focuses of individual interest/understanding. Or something.

How do I get around the 4chan ISP block. Earthlink has been blocked due to abuse and I only posted like 2 times there so it definitely wasn't me being blocked, just some jack*** ruining it for other people. Worst of all, I need to make a thread on one of the specialty boards for something I'm having a problem with that I know people at the experty level are hard to find outside of that place.

Nature's way of keeping meat fresh.

^ Click this for good times ^

42, I assume. Why?

To pass on your genes and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Clair View Post
    How do I get around the 4chan ISP block. Earthlink has been blocked due to abuse and I only posted like 2 times there so it definitely wasn't me being blocked, just some jack*** ruining it for other people. Worst of all, I need to make a thread on one of the specialty boards for something I'm having a problem with that I know people at the experty level are hard to find outside of that place.
    https://www.torproject.org/

Also allows you to visit .onions, but I'll leave it up to you to find out more about that.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

A Monty Python film from 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Clair View Post
    It would honestly be easier to just google your problem.

Okay, I have a question that's been bugging me for the past six or so hours. So, any Anime Guru, Otaku, Weeaboo, or run-of-the-mill Japanese person ...

What exactly do "shonen", "bishonen", "shojo" and "bishojo" mean? Sorry if I've misspelled any of them, I'm no literary master of romanji. I've heard the first two tossed around a LOT in regards to anime and I've always wondered what the two actually mean. Also, in a couple songs done by female artists, I've heard the words "shojo" and "bishojo" tossed around.

Enlighten me, oh Scribes and Gurus of the Eastern Ways!

Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 89 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 65
    Kanto: 53 • Johto: 45 • Hoenn: 63 • Sinnoh: 45 • Unova: 45 • Kalos: 27

Level 100 Pokémon #279: Bob Ross, the Smeargle
    Level: 65 • Exp.: 229,531 / 800,000 (28.69%) • Exp. Multiplier: 1.35x
    Move Set: Swift, Storm Throw, Shadow Sneak, Spore
    Ability: Technician • Nature: Lonely

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post
    Okay, I have a question that's been bugging me for the past six or so hours. So, any Anime Guru, Otaku, Weeaboo, or run-of-the-mill Japanese person ...

What exactly do "shonen", "bishonen", "shojo" and "bishojo" mean? Sorry if I've misspelled any of them, I'm no literary master of romanji. I've heard the first two tossed around a LOT in regards to anime and I've always wondered what the two actually mean. Also, in a couple songs done by female artists, I've heard the words "shojo" and "bishojo" tossed around.

Enlighten me, oh Scribes and Gurus of the Eastern Ways!
    Shounen is the japanese word for boy and is also used for a genre of anime/manga for males of the age 13-18 (-ish, I don't remember the exact ages).

Shoujo is the japanese word for girl and is also used for a genre of anime/manga for females of the same age as was mentioned for shounen.

Bishounen is japanese and it's meaning is similar to "pretty boy", it's used for handsome boys that are younger than 18 years old.

Bishoujo is the female version of bishounen.

Do note that shounen and shoujo describes the audience and bishounen and shoujo describes the character.

Thank you. That's been irritating me for awhile. Like a splinter in my thumb.

Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 89 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 65
    Kanto: 53 • Johto: 45 • Hoenn: 63 • Sinnoh: 45 • Unova: 45 • Kalos: 27

Level 100 Pokémon #279: Bob Ross, the Smeargle
    Level: 65 • Exp.: 229,531 / 800,000 (28.69%) • Exp. Multiplier: 1.35x
    Move Set: Swift, Storm Throw, Shadow Sneak, Spore
    Ability: Technician • Nature: Lonely

Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast