Page 55 of 113 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2823

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by VibravaRules View Post
    What do vegetarians eat for protein? Im confused on the "not eating meat" part.
    Semen.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    That's the keyboard's Custom key overides kicking in. The Fn jey may restore it to normal, but you may need to check the options.
    I googled what Fn jey (key?) was and I got F5 to do what I wanted. Thanks.

Aw, it doesn't save the function of F5...
    Last edited by Myrrh; 20th April 2012 at 1:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    So tomorrow is LGBT Day of Silence and I am wondering, is communicating through writing, cheating ?
    The point is that you're not supposed to communicate at all

But cheating is subjective

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Chicken eggs have approximately 12.6% protein, beans 9.6% and meat 18-32%.
    Do you understand how percentages work? If you eat 100g of meat that is 20% protein, you will get 20g protein. If you eat 200g of chicken egg that is 12.6% protein, you will get 25.2g protein. Meat may give you more protein in smaller portions, but if you eat the right portions of other foods, you will still get the same amount of protein that you need in your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    How quickly can something you eat make you feel ill? Today I started feeling ill about twenty minutes after I'd eaten something, and I thought it was the food but my friends said it was too soon. Could it have been the food that made me feel ill or was it probably something else?
    It depends on how spoiled the thing that you ate was. It takes about 3-5 hours for food to pass from the stomach to the intestine, which is where most "upset stomachs" actually occur. However, depending on how spoiled your food was, you actually can have an upset stomach. The body is amazing in how it knows almost immediately if something should or shouldn't be in your system. If you ate something really, really bad, you can have a vomiting reaction almost immediately. Most of the time, though, if you have gastrointestinal upset, you need to look at what you ate 3-5 hours prior, rather than immediately prior.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

If you spray paint a T-shirt, will the design fade easily when washed?

Which end are you supposed to open a banana from?
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 20th April 2012 at 2:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    How quickly can something you eat make you feel ill? Today I started feeling ill about twenty minutes after I'd eaten something, and I thought it was the food but my friends said it was too soon. Could it have been the food that made me feel ill or was it probably something else?
    Reiterating that, depending on what about the food is the part actually making you sick, you might start to feel bad anywhere from almost immediately, to several hours down the line, or even a couple days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    So tomorrow is LGBT Day of Silence and I am wondering, is communicating through writing, cheating ?
    A quote I've seen floating around the internet and stuff lately, which I'm not going to bother finding any real legitimate origin for:
    "protest" schemes that don't cost the participants any inconvenience, hardship, or money remain the most popular, despite their ineffectiveness.
    Every time you cut a corner, or simplify it, a protest loses a lot of its meaning, imo. Obviously, not going through the inconvenience of not communicating with anybody for the entire day seems to have exactly that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    If you spray paint a T-shirt, will the design fade easily when washed?

iirc, one of my friends spray-painted designs on several T-shirts of his, and to the best of my knowledge, they never came out. So I'm going to say, "Probably not."

And it's clearly the stem.

Why does being nervous make have to go to the bathroom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruxis View Post
    Semen.
    lol
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Why does being nervous make have to go to the bathroom?
    nervous--> body respond "fight or flight" --> something along the line of you need to relieve body pressure (pee) in order to fight or flight--> now fight or flight

this is the most watered down version.... think of it this way, would you run with your bladder full of urine? or combat the situation with your bladder full of urine that you can't really think?

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    WikiHow tells of 9 different ways to do so, including the "monkey method": http://www.wikihow.com/Peel-a-Banana

I'm going to eat my bananas like a monkey from now on

It will complete my monkey training

is it possible to play on dueling network from a wii or psp? i cant get mine to load the intro.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    340 hordes for Female Nidoran
    540 encounters on route 210
    7849 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

What is a "Network Solid" ? Can't get any clear answers. Does anyone know examples too?

GodDamnZilla

What is horizontal superiority?

Obviously, google had no answers.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Do you understand how percentages work? If you eat 100g of meat that is 20% protein, you will get 20g protein. If you eat 200g of chicken egg that is 12.6% protein, you will get 25.2g protein. Meat may give you more protein in smaller portions, but if you eat the right portions of other foods, you will still get the same amount of protein that you need in your diet.
    When eaten in the right amount, potatoes have just as much protein as meat does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it means someone is better in bed but thats just me...

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post

In case you're actually being serious, I looked it up and came up with a bunch of government crap about either military tactics or how parts of government are in relation to each other. I think it's the latter, though, because I vaguely recall my history teacher in high school explaining this, where the fact that federal government supersedes state governments is vertical superiority, but in cases where branches of a government that are more or less technically on the same level supersede one another, as the judicial branch does to the executive and legislative branches, is horizontal superiority. Though he might have called it lateral superiority or something, I can't remember, and hopefully they're not different things.

Or maybe it is about BDSM or something idk

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    When eaten in the right amount, potatoes have just as much protein as meat does.
    That is correct; they do. But it would be physically difficult to eat that many potatoes and get all of your nutritional requirements as well. That's why vegetarians eat beans and chicken eggs for their protein - because they are high enough in protein to where a reasonable amount can be eaten on a daily basis to get all of your nutritional requirements.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it means someone is better in bed but thats just me...
    I'll keep that in mind thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    In case you're actually being serious, I looked it up and came up with a bunch of government crap about either military tactics or how parts of government are in relation to each other. I think it's the latter, though, because I vaguely recall my history teacher in high school explaining this, where the fact that federal government supersedes state governments is vertical superiority, but in cases where branches of a government that are more or less technically on the same level supersede one another, as the judicial branch does to the executive and legislative branches, is horizontal superiority. Though he might have called it lateral superiority or something, I can't remember, and hopefully they're not different things.

Or maybe it is about BDSM or something idk
    I vaguely remember that from high school but it isn't exactly what I was looking for. I was researching a mental disorder and it was described that people with the disorder felt horizontally superior to others rather than vertical superior. It would probably be best if I just look it up in a psychology book or something but I don't want to go through all of that trouble just for one phrase.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    That is correct; they do. But it would be physically difficult to eat that many potatoes and get all of your nutritional requirements as well. That's why vegetarians eat beans and chicken eggs for their protein - because they are high enough in protein to where a reasonable amount can be eaten on a daily basis to get all of your nutritional requirements.
    Only if their nutritional requirement is low.

Can any Homestuck fans tell me how the members of the Midnight Crew (as introduced in the intermission between acts) are physically related to their counterparts, such as Jack Noir?

How many minutes do the songs in The Sound of Music take up in the entire movie?
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PerseusRad View Post
    How many minutes do the songs in The Sound of Music take up in the entire movie?
    I looked up all of the songs in The Sound of Music and added up all of the song times, and it was about 46 minutes.

-------

I see. How long is the entire movie?
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

174 minutes, or nearly 3 hours.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Is anybody here experienced in cars?

Page 55 of 113 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast