Page 56 of 109 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2720

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

I have some experience in cars. Not as much as i'd like, and not as much experience as i have in bathroom cubicles, but i'm happy to answer any questions you may have

Quote Originally Posted by D-kachu View Post
    I have some experience in cars. Not as much as i'd like, and not as much experience as i have in bathroom cubicles, but i'm happy to answer any questions you may have
    I'm curious of what causes an engine to overheat? How do you know if it happened naturally or if there was some sort of tampering involved?

Drive for about ten minutes then stop, if you see any sort of steam, the. It's overheating

Plus, your thermometer is a good indication. I've found that if the temp is any where close to halfway to hot, it may be cause to get it checked out

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Chapter 29 added 03-23-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the amazing banner-

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Drive for about ten minutes then stop, if you see any sort of steam, the. It's overheating

Plus, your thermometer is a good indication. I've found that if the temp is any where close to halfway to hot, it may be cause to get it checked out
    But I'm curious as to how it even happened - do engines naturally overheat if the car is old? How expensive should it be to maintain?

Is it possible for me to fix it on my own? A little low in cash atm

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler The Creator View Post
    But I'm curious as to how it even happened - do engines naturally overheat if the car is old? How expensive should it be to maintain?

If it's overheating, the first thing I'd check is the radiator coolant the make sure you have enough. After that, I'd replace the thermostat. This isn't too expensive (you should be able to get one at an auto parts store fairly cheap) and shouldn't be too hard to do (although that might vary depending on the car)- I've had this happen twice.

If it's still overheating then I wouldn't know what to do. Although if you had to put some coolant in before, you might check again to make sure it's still there (i.e., hasn't leaked out).
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 27th April 2012 at 8:05 AM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler The Creator View Post

Ok first thing to do is check the coolant level, have you had an leaks or signs of leakage? Inspect all the water pipes, hoses and head gasket area for an water stains.

The next step I would take is the remove the thermostat from the housing and inspect the rubber seal around the outside of it, sometimes this breaks up and blocks the pipes up. If this has happened you will have to remove a few pipes, give them a blow through to get the bits of rubber out and replace the thermostat. If the thermostat looks fine you can test its operation. Boil a kettle and pour the boiling water into a deepish container then pop the thermostat inside, you should see it open, if it doesn't its defective and must be change.

If the thermostat is fine your next port of call would be to check the cooling fan, run the engine up and listen to see if the cooling fan kicks in (It makes a loud roar so its hard to miss), the cooling fan on my car kicks in at ~100 degrees. If yours doesn't kick in look in your owners manual at the fuse lay-out and inspect the cooling fan fuse, If blown replace. If the fuse hasn't blown you will have to inspect the wiring for a short/open circuit.

They are the simple tests, if you have no leaks, thermostat is fine and the cooling fan works you will have to take it to your local garage. If you need any more help just drop me a PM!

I saw this on a wiki page, but I couldn't find out what it was. What is a domination troll?
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

How long is too long of hiding secrets?
    any secrets, okay, maybe not business or political secrets.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

If they are secrets, than they shouldn't be told. Unless if the person went public with it.
    Shinies:

Listen to PerseusRad.

Do Brock Lesnar and John Cena hate each other? I saw the referees trying to break up their brawl at a WWE match.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    Do Brock Lesnar and John Cena hate each other? I saw the referees trying to break up their brawl at a WWE match.
    Dude, wrestling isn't real. It's all a scripted show put on for the audience. Those guys write their fights before they even get on stage; many wrestlers have even come out and said that the winners of the fights are often determined beforehand. After they get out of the ring, I'm quite sure that they all have a good laugh and a beer together.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and STARF and LANSAT Berries available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

I don't know but I'm pretty sure you can read next weeks script and figure out.
    maybe it's because we mod smart people and smart people tend to share a lot of the same characteristics.....

your average spp user

No they don't, although Brock never carries himself as a likable person backstage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    I don't know but I'm pretty sure you can read next weeks script and figure out.
    No you can't because..

- The scripts are usually edited untill the last moment, this being the day of RAW. Mondays.
    - The script wouldn't even tell you if they hated each other, in character or irl.

Srs question:

Occasionally, the skin on my head and shoulders will start to tingle and it feels really good and then it goes numb for like 10 seconds. This is triggered by certain sounds, like some people's voices, loud chewing, etc. I asked my family and friends and they said they never experienced this before.

I have no ****ing idea.

Anyone know what this is?

I want to have monkey training like Gelatino. Who can tell me where to be trained? On the internet.
    Shinies:

Listen to PerseusRad.

Just something that popped into my head a while back, but what is the exact physical cause of a headache? At least, what is going on in a physical sense with all the parts of your head that causes you to feel aches?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnegross View Post
    Srs question:

Occasionally, the skin on my head and shoulders will start to tingle and it feels really good and then it goes numb for like 10 seconds. This is triggered by certain sounds, like some people's voices, loud chewing, etc. I asked my family and friends and they said they never experienced this before.
    I uh..I think I get that to, though its confined to my head. I sometimes actively seek out long videos with those kind of sounds for the pleasurable effect.

I have no idea what causes it though

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    Just something that popped into my head a while back, but what is the exact physical cause of a headache? At least, what is going on in a physical sense with all the parts of your head that causes you to feel aches?
    This is what I found after a Google search:

A headache or cephalalgia is pain anywhere in the region of the head or neck. It can be a symptom of a number of different conditions of the head and neck.[1] The brain tissue itself is not sensitive to pain because it lacks pain receptors. Rather, the pain is caused by disturbance of the pain-sensitive structures around the brain. Nine areas of the head and neck have these pain-sensitive structures, which are the cranium (the periosteum of the skull), muscles, nerves, arteries and veins, subcutaneous tissues, eyes, ears, sinuses and mucous membranes.

Seems to make sense

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Chapter 29 added 03-23-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the amazing banner-

Quote Originally Posted by Magnegross View Post
    Srs question:

I have no ****ing idea.

Anyone know what this is?
    Haha. I get this as well. It happens to me when people explain things, especially when accompanied with the drawing of diagrams.

Nerd alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    It's when too much blood goes into your brain

You know brainfreeze? If you don't, then you've never lived. Anyway, when you drink something cold, it causes the blood vessels in the roof of your mouth (in close proximity to the brain) to contract. When those blood vessels expand again, there is a sudden rush of blood that goes straight to your brain and creates that feeling that can be described as no less than living hell. Regular headaches are like that except not nearly as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PerseusRad View Post
    I want to have monkey training like Gelatino. Who can tell me where to be trained? On the internet.
    You don't ask people how to be trained for this sort of thing. You're supposed to make your own training regimen. Do you think monkeys pay for personal training to make themselves lithe and powerful?

If you don't know how to train yourself then you don't have it in you. Just give up now.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    This is what I found after a Google search:

etc.

Seems to make sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    It's when too much blood goes into your brain

You know brainfreeze? If you don't, then you've never lived. Anyway, when you drink something cold, it causes the blood vessels in the roof of your mouth (in close proximity to the brain) to contract. When those blood vessels expand again, there is a sudden rush of blood that goes straight to your brain and creates that feeling that can be described as no less than living hell. Regular headaches are like that except not nearly as bad.
    Both of these seem to make a lot of sense. Thanks! I was mostly curious about the subject while I had a headache, but then I realized soon after that I really didn't know what caused headaches and such.

Quote Originally Posted by PerseusRad View Post
    Nearly half of your post count on SPPf is asking inane and ridiculous questions in this thread. Not trying to be funny, but You should really find something else to do with your time, or try to use Yahoo answers or something.

That's the answer to this question.
    [img]http://i37.*******.com/kaqkj7.jpg[/img]
    Nostalgic banner made by Team Brushfire (probably not even an active member anymore)
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Nearly half of your post count on SPPf is asking inane and ridiculous questions in this thread. Not trying to be funny, but You should really find something else to do with your time, or try to use Yahoo answers or something.

That's the answer to this question.
    Don't respond to his posts like this

He has to discover this by himself after realizing how much of his life is being wasted

^ Click this for good times ^

How do you use a "strike" in your comments?

Use [s] and [/s].

Quote Originally Posted by shinyclauncher1234
    The mods have git revenge,they have banned 40 peopke in the last 12 seconds

Page 56 of 109 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast