Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2718

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    To everyone who answered my question on how the primary colors of pigment are red, blue, and yellow; and on how the primary colors of light are red, blue, and green, thanks. But it doesn't really answer why they are what they are.

Erm.. I don't think I'm communicating myself well. Why don't green and purple combine to make blue, and why don't yellow light and cyan light merge to make green? Are these questions that can't really be answered?
    I'm not sure exactly, I do know that if you mix a light color with a dark color it lightens and if you add a dark color to a light color it darkens, colors are just weird that way :P
    Smeargl: White 2~ 2495 5855 5060
    3DS XL FC for pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRock
    FS, Meditite Throh Tyrogue
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't already have and require I can keep a clone of it
    Self caught shinies on Y 20
    Shiny Kalos Pokemon 24/69
    Shiny XD Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    To everyone who answered my question on how the primary colors of pigment are red, blue, and yellow; and on how the primary colors of light are red, blue, and green, thanks. But it doesn't really answer why they are what they are.

Erm.. I don't think I'm communicating myself well. Why don't green and purple combine to make blue, and why don't yellow light and cyan light merge to make green? Are these questions that can't really be answered?
    I'm not sure that this'll answer your question, either, but you have to remember that when you're talking about what pigment an object is, you're talking about the wavelength of light that is being reflected off of it and into your eyes. For example, when something appears green, that is because it's being struck by white light (which contains the full visible spectrum of colors) and absorbing every wavelength that is NOT green, and reflecting only green back, which is what you see. I'm not very sure of the physics behind combining light/pigments (where the hell is chuboy?!?), but keeping that in mind, it makes sense that they combine in different ways, because combining light will produce different actual wavelengths, and combining pigments will cause different wavelengths to be absorbed.

Anywho, I've got two separate questions of my own:

1) Why do all political ads go on about laws that "would ban abortions, even in cases of rape and incest". I mean, incest could either be consensual or non-consensual, but I could only see an abortion being wanted in the latter case -- but wouldn't that qualify as rape? And I somehow doubt that there's a huge enough number of incestual hookups where they go, "Whoops!" and decide that they need an abortion (not to mention, that's kind of a weird political scenario to defend).

2) Have any of SmeargleRocks' posts had any substance to them? I swear, I saw the guy post a week ago, and he had ~200 posts, so I'm guessing not, but if somebody could elucidate me, that'd be fan****ingtastic. Or not, I don't actually care as such.

Why do our human bones break so easily? I have never had a single broken bone in my 18 years of life but I see kids every week with a broken leg or broken arm
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't already have and require I can keep a clone of it

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    Why do our human bones break so easily? I have never had a single broken bone in my 18 years of life but I see kids every week with a broken leg or broken arm
    Well that can't technically be answered (within my extent of knowledge :P) but they don't really break easily unless if you drink a LOT of Milk. Maybe, unfortunately kids don't drink milk???....

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Ducklett12 View Post
    Well that can't technically be answered (within my extent of knowledge :P) but they don't really break easily unless if you drink a LOT of Milk. Maybe, unfortunately kids don't drink milk???....
    Wait so you are saying if you drink milk your bones weaken or if you do they get weaker?
    Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Have any of SmeargleRocks' posts had any substance to them? I swear, I saw the guy post a week ago, and he had ~200 posts, so I'm guessing not, but if somebody could elucidate me, that'd be fan****ingtastic. Or not, I don't actually care as such.
    Tbh, I've been wondering the same thing. Granted, my posts aren't the best, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    Wait so you are saying if you drink milk your bones weaken or if you do they get weaker?
    The opposite. Bones get stronger through calcium intake, which milk is a good source of.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    The opposite. Bones get stronger through calcium intake, which milk is a good source of.
    That's what I thought, my cousins only drink milk and occasionally water but are total wimps at 10 and 13 you look at them funny and they break into tears
    Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    I'm not sure that this'll answer your question, either, but you have to remember that when you're talking about what pigment an object is, you're talking about the wavelength of light that is being reflected off of it and into your eyes. For example, when something appears green, that is because it's being struck by white light (which contains the full visible spectrum of colors) and absorbing every wavelength that is NOT green, and reflecting only green back, which is what you see. I'm not very sure of the physics behind combining light/pigments (where the hell is chuboy?!?), but keeping that in mind, it makes sense that they combine in different ways, because combining light will produce different actual wavelengths, and combining pigments will cause different wavelengths to be absorbed.
    Erm... I'm not even sure if that answers both parts of my question, but thanks for replying. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Milk actually weakens your bones. Take a gander at this. http://doctorholze.wordpress.com/201...-weaken-bones/
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Milk actually weakens your bones. Take a gander at this. http://doctorholze.wordpress.com/201...-weaken-bones/
    I only said that Milk was rich in calcium, which strenthens bones. I never said Milk, itself, strengthened bones.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Ok, couple of questions.
    1 : Why does the USA say its a "free country " yet it has laws?
    2 : Is there a way to get shinies a little more easily? ( NO hacking etc,trading,)
    3 : Why is blue most of the time painted as sadness / depression?
    Why did the chicken cross the road? Because he felt like it.
    http://dragcave.net/user/picketoflickit < If you play Dragoncave,This is my scroll.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Linkofages View Post
    Ok, couple of questions.
    2 : Is there a way to get shinies a little more easily? ( NO hacking etc,trading,)
    3 : Why is blue most of the time painted as sadness / depression?
    1. It's just so we can keep "law" and order so that you don't leave your house and get shot in the knee cap or stabbed in the foot or whatever

2. No outside masuda method or the charms in BW2 no there isn't an easier way to get shinies, well except the pokeradar on diamond, pearl, and platinum

3. People usually do it like that because well, think of water, or rain, in rain accidents can happen, in water people can drown, and also people usually get depressed in the had weather IE- rain
    Hope I helped a little
    Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Ok. Thankies.
    http://dragcave.net/user/picketoflickit < If you play Dragoncave,This is my scroll.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Ok. Thankies.
    No problem anytime :P
    Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

I love it how Linkofages says I'll ask a couple of questions then asks 3.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gliBUW_ejGo
    (This is my commentating vid, if you wouldn't mind, comment, and if you like it, like it, if you don't, don't.)

#fandangorevolution

I'm the Cult of Personality. You would have to follow me, only you can set me free. I sell the things you need to be. I'm the Cult of Personality, I exploit you, still you love me, I tell you 1+1 makes 3.

Boo yah I'm a dog with crabs and cancer? Are you find out in alteredorigin.net.

:P one more question
    What is the meaning of life?

:P one more question
    What is the meaning of life?
    To live and then die. That's a question which would be unique to each and every person, so only you could answer that for yourself.

Ok, couple of questions.
    It has laws so that we can retain order (so that everyone doesn't do whatever they want). It would be pretty bad for example, if factories could just pollute however they wanted, or if people could just commit crimes with no punishment. The first 10 amendments of our Constitution (known as the Bill of Rights) actually list out the rights that the people have, including freedom of speech, religion, the press, the right to a speedy and public trail with a jury, the right to bear arms, and that soldiers can't be housed in people's houses during peacetime, among others. It also states that all rights not specifically listed are still protected.
    Here are Luka's PASBL squad/stats.

Hello curious reader! You know that at some point you've wished you could battle like a trainer in the Pokémon anime. You probably dismissed the thought as a passing fantasy, but did you know the Pokémon Anime Style Battling League allows you to do just that? It's true! Read up on how to get started, and if you have any questions the Q/A thread awaits.
    Hope to see you around the PASBL!

@Lamia I was half expecting someone to say 42...
    @Lucario I get that but some people ( gay people ) cant marry ( im not gay myself but ) thats not a law and thats breaking freedom.

Why is there caffeine in sodas? Is it just a thing to make money since caffeine makes you more thirsty so you just drink more sodas or is it to try to get people addicted to caffeine so they will drink more soda or is there a legit reason?

Ia there a list of all the gear you can buy on Pokemon Battle Revolution and the unlock criteria for them? I really want to look my best in the game.
    Current Emerald Team:
    Current Pokemon Battle Revolution Team:
    Current White 2 Team:

Quote Originally Posted by ToonPikachu View Post
    Ia there a list of all the gear you can buy on Pokemon Battle Revolution and the unlock criteria for them? I really want to look my best in the game.
    Hey man, there's a Pokemon questions thread in the GPD section. You're better off asking there since that's where most of the pokemaniacs hang out.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

I only said that Milk was rich in calcium, which strenthens bones. I never said Milk, itself, strengthened bones.
    It was implied in your post. You said calcium strengthens bones and milk is rich in calcium. That implies that you think milk strengthens bones.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Hey man, there's a Pokemon questions thread in the GPD section. You're better off asking there since that's where most of the pokemaniacs hang out.
    How do I get there?
    Current Emerald Team:
    Current Pokemon Battle Revolution Team:
    Current White 2 Team:

Quote Originally Posted by ToonPikachu View Post
    How do I get there?
    Go here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...s-Thread-Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast