Page 82 of 113 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2819

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    It was implied in your post. You said calcium strengthens bones and milk is rich in calcium. That implies that you think milk strengthens bones.
    Milk weakening bones is one of the most ridiculous pieces of hooey I've heard in a long time. Whoever wrote that article you linked to has no idea whatsoever of what they're talking about. I demand that you cease spreading this misinformation at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkofages View Post
    Ok, couple of questions.
    1 : Why does the USA say its a "free country " yet it has laws?
    2 : Is there a way to get shinies a little more easily? ( NO hacking etc,trading,)
    3 : Why is blue most of the time painted as sadness / depression?
    2. Yes; RNG abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    Why is there caffeine in sodas? Is it just a thing to make money since caffeine makes you more thirsty so you just drink more sodas or is it to try to get people addicted to caffeine so they will drink more soda or is there a legit reason?
    Some companies do say that they use it because it has a slight bitter taste which adds flavour to their drinks. I'd imagine a better reason would be that it acts as a mild stimulant, which can have a transient effect on moods, performance etc. So people can eventually build up some sort of dependence on the drink. (Addiction)

xxx

This is a question that I have a personal answer for, but I just want to hear your opinions on it.

A person goes inside a restaurant with no visible "no smoking" sign. He smokes inside the restaurant (a regular cigarette). One of the employees asks him to leave because it disrupts the atmosphere and enjoyment of others in the restaurant. The person who smoked the cigarette gets mad, and says that the employee violated his right to smoke in the restaurant.

Is this true, and why or why not?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Why is there caffeine in sodas? Is it just a thing to make money since caffeine makes you more thirsty so you just drink more sodas or is it to try to get people addicted to caffeine so they will drink more soda or is there a legit reason?
    Caffeine is a very popular drug found in a lot of products. People just like the "buzz" it gives them. While people do get addicted to it, that is not the manufacture's intention. It's just to give you a little boost when you need it. Personally, (this may seem weird) caffeine in soda never affects me. I could drink soda all day and never get a "buzz" from it. On the other hand, I could drink two cups of coffee (the same amount of caffeine in two cans of mountain dew) and be wide awake with a "buzz." I just find it weird that soda doesn't do what coffe does with the same amount of caffeine. Anyways, enough ranting, lol. Hope this helped.

[QUOTE=donteatsoap7;15203791Personally, (this may seem weird) caffeine in soda never affects me. I could drink soda all day and never get a "buzz" from it. On the other hand, I could drink two cups of coffee (the same amount of caffeine in two cans of mountain dew) and be wide awake with a "buzz."[/QUOTE]
    Same here. Well i dont drink coffee because I dont like the taste but I can drink as many sodas/Monsters/Redbulls and not get any energy at all.

To make this on topic, does anyone know why that is?

If a person drinks coffee at about the same time everyday, their body starts producing an "antidote" of sorts that fights against what caffeine is supposed to do. After drinking the coffee, they won't feel that rush of energy that a person who only drinks coffee once a month would feel, because the "antidote" fights against the consumed caffeine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    If a person drinks coffee at about the same time everyday, their body starts producing an "antidote" of sorts that fights against what caffeine is supposed to do. After drinking the coffee, they won't feel that rush of energy that a person who only drinks coffee once a month would feel, because the "antidote" fights against the consumed caffeine.
    Yeah its called tolerance.

Yeah its called tolerance.
    Erm... sure. This is why I don't intend to major in any form of biology. (:

This is a question that I have a personal answer for, but I just want to hear your opinions on it.

A person goes inside a restaurant with no visible "no smoking" sign. He smokes inside the restaurant (a regular cigarette). One of the employees asks him to leave because it disrupts the atmosphere and enjoyment of others in the restaurant. The person who smoked the cigarette gets mad, and says that the employee violated his right to smoke in the restaurant.

Well, restaurants are allowed to refuse service to anyone if they believe they are causing a disturbance to other patrons/employees. In addition, I think it's illegal in certain places (California, etc.) to smoke inside a restaurant regardless of whether there is a "no smoking" sign posted, though I could be wrong. If the restaurant has an outside patio, then the man would be allowed to smoke there, but IMO, the right to maintain a good, healthy atmosphere inside the restaurant outweighs one person's right to smoke. Feel free to share your thoughts/responses to this.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Well, restaurants are allowed to refuse service to anyone if they believe they are causing a disturbance to other patrons/employees. In addition, I think it's illegal in certain places (California, etc.) to smoke inside a restaurant regardless of whether there is a "no smoking" sign posted, though I could be wrong. If the restaurant has an outside patio, then the man would be allowed to smoke there, but IMO, the right to maintain a good, healthy atmosphere inside the restaurant outweighs one person's right to smoke. Feel free to share your thoughts/responses to this.
    Its illegal to smoke in any place where food is prepared/served in NC. Its a relatively new law.

It all depends on whether he lives in an area where smoking is banned in public areas. If he does, then he should have expected it, and the employee was right. However, if he doesn't and there was no sign, I would back up the smoker, even if I'd hate the smoking myself. It would be the responsibility of management to display a no-smoking sign, otherwise he has his rights to smoke should he want to. That's my opinion on the matter anyway.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    I forgot to mention, the restaurant does have an outside patio. However, the restaurant employee just tells the smoking person to leave, not go outside on the patio.

I'm not sure if that changes anybody's answers, though.

Okay so people are going to think I'm a ****ing freak.

Um, I get this really weird sensation in my body when I'm around very elderly people for some reason. "Very" elderly meaning around late seventies and up. The sensation feels just like when you go high on a swing, and you get that really weird feeling in your stomach. Except its not just my stomach, it will sweep over my entire body for a split second and be gone. Is this uh...explainable?

Quote Originally Posted by Dryzera View Post
    Okay so people are going to think I'm a ****ing freak.

Um, I get this really weird sensation in my body when I'm around very elderly people for some reason. "Very" elderly meaning around late seventies and up. The sensation feels just like when you go high on a swing, and you get that really weird feeling in your stomach. Except its not just my stomach, it will sweep over my entire body for a split second and be gone. Is this uh...explainable?
    I guess some things just don't have an explanation. I can normally think of something, but my mind is sort of blank with this one. Maybe you have a subconscious fear of death, and seeing old people triggers some sort of feeling? I suppose if it doesn't physically or mentally harm you in any way then it's not worth worrying about too much.

xxx

How can I block's someone e-mail address on gmail, yahoo, and hotmail?
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    On Gmail, open up an Email they have sent you. To the very right, there should be a mini-profile thing with their picture and stuff. Directly to the left, there should be an Arrow that (when you hover over it, it should say "More Action"). If you hit the arrow, it should say "Block".

In gmail, you click the arrow on the search box at the top and then type the email in the 'From' section. Then click 'Create filter with this search' and select 'Delete it'. That should delete all emails from that specific address.

For Hotmail, I think you just go to Options --> More Options. Preventing Junk Mail --> Safe and Blocked senders --> Blocked Senders. Now just type the email address under Blocked Email Address or Domain. Been a while since I used Hotmail so it may have slightly changed.

Don't know about Yahoo.

xxx

How do you block specific numbers from calling or texting you on an iPhone?

You should be able to block a number through your service provider, but I don't think you can do it yourself without jailbreaking your iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    You should be able to block a number through your service provider, but I don't think you can do it yourself without jailbreaking your iPhone.
    The service provider can't block numbers, or so they say. ):

Thanks you guys.

As for the blocking numbers on the iPhone, you'll have to jailbreak it and get an app that blocks numbers for you. Do you have Verizon or AT&T, because on Verizon you can block numbers for free on your myverizon account, while AT&T charges you for a similar option. Since my iPhone is jailbroken, I used Cydia to download a program to blocks numbers, but I haven't used it in a while.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

As for the blocking numbers on the iPhone, you'll have to jailbreak it and get an app that blocks numbers for you. Do you have Verizon or AT&T, because on Verizon you can block numbers for free on your myverizon account, while AT&T charges you for a similar option. Since my iPhone is jailbroken, I used Cydia to download a program to blocks numbers, but I haven't used it in a while.
    I never want to jailbreak my phone... I'm already not very tech-savvy.

It really sucks that Apple didn't implement such a function for the original iPhone... :/

I have a question

How do you take a desk top photo on a phone? My phone is an EVO Love not sure if the brand/name makes a difference

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Should I... cancel my BW2 order with Amazon, and pray they have it in stock in Gamestation on my way to work (which i recon they will) or keep my preorder? Amazon haven't taken my money from my account yet, and its still not been dispatched... Hmmm...

Name: Pinky
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

19/08/2012 - First time I've completed the Dex since 1999.

I don't use uber Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Page 82 of 113 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast