Page 83 of 113 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2819

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Charazemma View Post
    Should I... cancel my BW2 order with Amazon, and pray they have it in stock in Gamestation on my way to work (which i recon they will) or keep my preorder? Amazon haven't taken my money from my account yet, and its still not been dispatched... Hmmm...
    Somehow I doubt they would be out of stock in Gamestation, so I'd probably cancel the Amazon order if you can't wait. And I'm sure there must be at least two other stores close by that sell games that you could try as a back up plan.

xxx

When you have a nosebleed, are you supposed to tilt your head up or down?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Neither. You should keep your head forward. If you were to tilt it back, the blood could get back to the sinuses and cause gagging and other problems. You just pinch the soft part of your nose to apply light pressure, and get a wet tissue and wait till all of the blood has run its course.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    I have a question

How do you take a desk top photo on a phone? My phone is an EVO Love not sure if the brand/name makes a difference
    Anyone gonna my question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charazemma View Post
    Should I... cancel my BW2 order with Amazon, and pray they have it in stock in Gamestation on my way to work (which i recon they will) or keep my preorder? Amazon haven't taken my money from my account yet, and its still not been dispatched... Hmmm...
    I think you should ask gamestation first then if you can still reserve there do it, if not then hang tight and wait it out for amazon

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Neither. Letting the blood run its own course is the best, as Lamia said. In fact, maintaining the natural flow of the body is the best solution for many other things, too.

But if you must tilt your head, it's probably better to tilt your head down. Tilting your head up increases the risk of blood going to a place in the body where it shouldn't go, whereas tilting your head down increases the rate that blood escapes from your body. Obviously, tilting your head up is much worse in this case.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Why the heck will no one ask for a trade that I'm capable of doing on GTS? Stupid legendaries and event pokemon all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Dryzera View Post
    Um, I get this really weird sensation in my body when I'm around very elderly people for some reason. "Very" elderly meaning around late seventies and up. The sensation feels just like when you go high on a swing, and you get that really weird feeling in your stomach. Except its not just my stomach, it will sweep over my entire body for a split second and be gone. Is this uh...explainable?
    That sort of sounds like what I would call a 'shutter'. That happens to me occasionally- like it'll feel like there's a tingly feeling in my feet, then it sweeps from there up to my head quickly, after which I feel like I want to shake my head (like I'm trying to wake myself up). It's not set off by anything in particular that I've noticed- I don't know what causes it or what it would be called, unfortunately.

As for it happening to you around old people, it might be because of a smell. I know some older people's houses I've been in have weird smells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    ...get a wet tissue and wait till all of the blood has run its course.
    Something I've wondered- why does using a wet tissue make a difference? Any time I get a nosebleed, that what my parents say to use, but I don't get why being wet helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by RainaXainne View Post
    Why the heck will no one ask for a trade that I'm capable of doing on GTS? Stupid legendaries and event pokemon all the time
    Try making your own offer. When I was trying to get the unobtainable pokemon on my White, I had trouble finding good offers for them, but generally was able to get the desired pokemon within a day if I offered a pokemon of similar value.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Something I've wondered- why does using a wet tissue make a difference? Any time I get a nosebleed, that what my parents say to use, but I don't get why being wet helps.
    I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's best to use a wet tissue so that the clot that has formed doesn't get pulled out as the tissue is pulled out of your nose. I could be wrong, so anyone feel free to correct me!

xxx

I too have always wondered that exact same thing.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Because some people will make those trades and the person offering does of course want the best possible pokémon in return, even if that makes the trade unfair.

Hey did anyone see the movie Sinister? I keep seeing the commericial/preview for it, and I'm wondering what the deal is with the person emerging from the cardboard box.

Oh, also, I noticed my post count recently increased by about 70 for no apparent reason. What caused that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's best to use a wet tissue so that the clot that has formed doesn't get pulled out as the tissue is pulled out of your nose. I could be wrong, so anyone feel free to correct me!
    Hmm... good point, perhaps that is the reason.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Recently I've done some research and found out the highest paying jobs in the U.S. The top of the list was surgeons, who make around $200,000. Another job I noticed was CEO/Top Executives, who make around $170,000. Although surgeons make a larger average income, some CEOs (Apple, Microsoft, etc.) make millions.

My question is that is it worth it to pursue a business degree in hopes of eventually getting a top position in a large company, if I go to a good college? Or is it better to just try and become a surgeon? I'm not looking for direct answers, just informed opinions.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    My question is that is it worth it to pursue a business degree in hopes of eventually getting a top position in a large company, if I go to a good college? Or is it better to just try and become a surgeon? I'm not looking for direct answers, just informed opinions.
    I feel like this might be better in the advice thread as you'll probably get a few different opinions. I know it's a little cliché but you should only pursue something that sparks an interest/passion in you. Most of these successful people will have known what they wanted to be from a very young age, and you should have some idea too. You'll normally only ever go the extra mile with something if you're passionate about it, so it may be easier if you asked yourself what you really like. Of course money is a big factor in deciding your career, but I think personal interests should take priority.

xxx

Recently I've done some research and found out the highest paying jobs in the U.S. The top of the list was surgeons, who make around $200,000. Another job I noticed was CEO/Top Executives, who make around $170,000. Although surgeons make a larger average income, some CEOs (Apple, Microsoft, etc.) make millions.

They say if you do what you love, you never work a day in your life.

Of course my question to you would be: is it the money or is this truly something you would like to pursue?

And on top of all this, getting to the top is a difficult task that takes time and work. In those professions, it's all about who you know and what you do.

Yeah, so I can't find my pair of scissors. Is there anyway to open the indestructible plastic packaging electronic gizmo's come in without a sharp object?

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Of course my question to you would be: is it the money or is this truly something you would like to pursue?
    It's mainly the money, but I wouldn't have a problem with either professions. What I want to know is if getting a business degree is worth more in the long run than becoming a surgeon, considering that I like both jobs equally.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

how do you make this picturebigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrin View Post
    how do you make this picturebigger?
    I'd imagine you'd have to copy the image onto an editing software such as Photoshop or Macromedia Fireworks, and then simply resize it. In some editors, this can be done simply by clicking, in others you may need to go to Edit --> Free Transform and so on. Either way it's quite self explanatory.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Yeah, so I can't find my pair of scissors. Is there anyway to open the indestructible plastic packaging electronic gizmo's come in without a sharp object?
    Apparently you can use a can opener on plastic packaging. I've never tried it though, that's just something I've been told by someone else.

Just to add to what Spookz said, it would have to be the old fashioned manual rotary can opener. It works fine with rigid 'clamshell' packaging.

xxx

It's mainly the money, but I wouldn't have a problem with either professions. What I want to know is if getting a business degree is worth more in the long run than becoming a surgeon, considering that I like both jobs equally.
    Well both jobs certainly have their highs and lows. I would probably say a surgeon would be worth more in the long run. Not only are you making good money but you are providing a service that benefits people. I know a lot of people who have gone into the surgeon field and they have not regretted it one bit. Both are real stressful jobs @ times as well so I can't say anything about that.

What's with all pokemon related pictures where people are saying PETA is attacking pokemon or something?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    What's with all pokemon related pictures where people are saying PETA is attacking pokemon or something?
    PETA has had issues with Pokémon for a long time now, they claim it promotes animal abuse. Recently, they released a parody game, which is probably why a lot of fans have been speaking ill of PETA as of late.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewa...-animal-abuse/

Woukd the iphone's an alarm clock work if it's at flight mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    PETA has had issues with Pokémon for a long time now, they claim it promotes animal abuse. Recently, they released a parody game, which is probably why a lot of fans have been speaking ill of PETA as of late.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewa...-animal-abuse/
    I played the game. It was hilarious and I highly recommended for the lulz, and to gawk at how absurd it is.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Page 83 of 113 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast