Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2772

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Yea you have to carry your license in case if the police pull you over, they ask for license and if you don't have it you have to go to court to show it and get a ticket. But thanks for trying to help.
    So it's not like in England where they ask you to provide the documentation within seven days for proof? The Police here can check all of your driving related details over radio communications anyway, so they allow you a week to present them with documentation. I could understand if it was your only form of identification, but it'd be a major hassle if you were careless and misplaced it somewhere. Such things are a lot safer stored at home!

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    No. Where would you get such an impression.
    The system is keeping him down man.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    How come the Japanese don't get **** for being racist? They are well known for being extremely xenophobic and they don't even allow Japanese born people of Korean descent to vote. If an American even thought about suggesting something like that they would be lynched. Also, what are some other countries full of painfully racist people that don't get hassled for their views? Don't say the United States. You can be racist in America if you are black or mexican but as far as most Americans are concerned if you aren't ashamed of being white then you are a disgusting racist.
    I've always wondered this myself, too. And on the subject of Japanese people, I really don't get why some people view them to be this "perfect" race - sure, we shouldn't dwell on the past, either, but that kind of misconception is just... yeah.

I think this should go here... anyway, when I'm drawing big pictures (so, like, on A2 paper) I find it difficult to shade them properly because the darker bits have to cover a bigger area so it's harder to blend the colours together. Anybody got any solutions to this/tips?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity™ View Post
    So it's not like in England where they ask you to provide the documentation within seven days for proof? The Police here can check all of your driving related details over radio communications anyway, so they allow you a week to present them with documentation. I could understand if it was your only form of identification, but it'd be a major hassle if you were careless and misplaced it somewhere. Such things are a lot safer stored at home!
    Nope. If you get pulled over, they'll ask you to produce your license and vehicle registration. You're required to have these two things with you if you're driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    I think this should go here... anyway, when I'm drawing big pictures (so, like, on A2 paper) I find it difficult to shade them properly because the darker bits have to cover a bigger area so it's harder to blend the colours together. Anybody got any solutions to this/tips?
    That'll depend largely on what media you're using..

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    That'll depend largely on what media you're using..
    I'm using copic markers.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I'm using copic markers.
    Hm. I'm not well-versed in using copic markers. Maybe someone else here knows. Or try the fan art section?

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    No. Where would you get such an impression.
    Maybe he went to a metal concert?

Does anybody know if Comic Genesis is free? I've been showing some of my Sprite Comic work to other folks, and one of them said he wanted to show it to his other contacts. I don't have any place to put them, though, and I've been considering what website would be a good option.

If not, It'd be nice to know if there are any other free hosting spaces I might be able to use.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post
    Does anybody know if Comic Genesis is free? I've been showing some of my Sprite Comic work to other folks, and one of them said he wanted to show it to his other contacts. I don't have any place to put them, though, and I've been considering what website would be a good option.

If not, It'd be nice to know if there are any other free hosting spaces I might be able to use.
    Unless things have changed in the past couple years, it's free. I found it to be confusing and a bit cumbersome to use though. Back when I had a comic, I put it up on SmackJeeves. It's a free site and very user friendly to people who aren't well versed in coding/website building.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    Since my thread got closed, I will ask the question here.

I recently moved to the DC/NOVA area and I have found some leagues, but I am a Pokemon fan who is an adult. The leagues I have found are full of young kids, I wouldn't mind finding some adult pokemon fans to connect with in the area. I have been searching for a few months through different websites and on the forums and I have come up empty handed. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
    So I take it given the lack of a response, there are absolutely zero pokemon fans in the DC/NOVA area, that are like college aged?
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

So I take it given the lack of a response, there are absolutely zero pokemon fans in the DC/NOVA area, that are like college aged?
    I live around the area, and I know there are lots of older pokemon fans. If you're looking for college aged fans you should probably go ask around some colleges. (GMU and NOVA being the two biggest)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Could anyone explain me the idea 'sauvignon' in his own words or using some more common word to explain it or else?
    I'd only encountered it in a phrase from a song- 'in my sauvignon fierce, freaking out'?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Could anyone explain me the idea 'sauvignon' in his own words or using some more common word to explain it or else?
    I'd only encountered it in a phrase from a song- 'in my sauvignon fierce, freaking out'?
    I have no idea about what context it was used in for that song, but Sauvignon Blanc is simply a type of White Grape. It is popularly used within White Wine. So my guess would be that he was referring to freaking out with alcohol? Maybe...

xxx

Why hasn't Ronnie O'sullivan retired yet considering he's dropped out the whole of the season?
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    Computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

Why do I have the urge to throw some users on this site in front of a moving train?

Why is the sky blue, mommy?

Where did my dog dissappear to 5 years ago?

You're better off looking for an Anime / Video Game Club which meet up in just about every college, public library, and Comic Book Shop in the area. I joined my own college's Video Game Club playing another game entirely and we eventually had a Pokemon Tournament or two. Just don't expect Pokemon to be the focus of the club. It's usually whatever the competitive fighting game flavor of the month is.

Okay, here's a question for the Brits. When you say hi to someone or whatever and they go "all right?", what are you meant to say? Usually they say it as they're walking past, as a greeting, so I always feel awkward saying "yeah, thanks", because by that time they've usually passed me. But it seems weird not saying anything, or saying "hi" if they said it first because I didn't answer their question... help, anyone? ^^;

My Animelist

Okay, here's a question for the Brits. When you say hi to someone or whatever and they go "all right?", what are you meant to say? Usually they say it as they're walking past, as a greeting, so I always feel awkward saying "yeah, thanks", because by that time they've usually passed me. But it seems weird not saying anything, or saying "hi" if they said it first because I didn't answer their question... help, anyone? ^^;
    I think most people will just give a head nod or say something like "hey/hi" while walking past. The person who says "all right?" will normally just want acknowledgement, not a conversation. It's different if they stop to talk though, obviously! If you started by saying "hey/hi" and all they say is "all right", it means they're acknowledging you but don't have the time to stop for a conversation. At least that's how I think it works.

xxx

Dunno if this should go in the Advice thread it seems that thread would be for more life-oriented questions.

What kind of music player would you guys recommend? I was looking at the Microsoft Zune, but that thing's going to be unsupported soon. I dislike Apple products (iPod Touch) with a passion, but if you really suggest that I get one, I would like that you elaborate on its pros.
    Last edited by PikaPika677; 5th December 2012 at 4:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Dunno if this should go in the Advice thread it seems that thread would be for more life-oriented questions.

What kind of music player would you guys recommend? I was looking at the Microsoft Zune, but that thing's going to be unsupported soon. I dislike Apple products (iPod Touch) with a passion, but if you really suggest that I get one, I would like that you elaborate on its pros.
    This little thing: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-...rds=sansa+clip has served me well for about three and a half years now with no problems (except I think it has frozen once or twice, but that was a long time ago, and there's a reset button to solve that). It's quite small, and not too expensive, plus it's easy to use. There's a newer one than the link I posted which now shows album art, but I don't have one so I'm not sure if it's just as good, but I know people that do, and they don't seem to have any problems (aside from one of them not being able to get album art to work... would that bother you?) Anyway, you can just copy and paste files, so you don't need to install extra software or anything, but it may come with some (I can't remember - but I don't seem to have anything installed). So, that's what I'd recommend

My Animelist

Hey. Would anyone tell me what does the idiom Haters gonna hate mean? I've encountered it a few times lately and I'm curious to know its meaning
    Last edited by Seven Years of Letters; 13th December 2012 at 6:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Hey. Would anyone tell me what does the idiom Haters gonna hate mean? I've encountered it a few times lately and I'm curious to know its meaning
    Just means you cannot make certain people happy no matter what you do. There are people out there who are going to dislike something or someone just for the sake of disliking it with little or no reason besides that.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Just means you cannot make certain people happy no matter what you do. There are people out there who are going to dislike something or someone just for the sake of disliking it with little or no reason besides that.
    Got it, thx
    Is there anyway to set Google pics from my iPhone to be my background photo? I also tried to drag pictures from my computer originally from Google into it but it failed. Should it be in a certain format if it's possible this way?

I've seen discussion of the NHL lockout on ESPN occasionally, and it makes me wonder- is it possible that the league could permanently end if they can't agree?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast