Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2745

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Can six sams move bushido counters from dojo to united? Or from gateway to dojo? or between to united?
    - Obtained at 5701soft resets
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.

shiny hunts in progress:
    4520 srs
    340 srs
    60 mm eggs for chikorita
    120 encounters on route 210

What made the first people to write out a language write out the letters the way they did?

...I don't even know why I'm interested in these topics. o:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

When you sync a CD to itunes is there anyway to stop it from putting tracks which feature another artist into a separate album? Eg: If I sync a song from Mcfly which doesn't feature anyone else but then sync a song from the same album with a featuring artist, itunes like the S*** it is, thinks it's a completley different album and doesn't let you change it so it goes back with the proper album.

Does anyone have this problem, If so how can it be fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    When you sync a CD to itunes is there anyway to stop it from putting tracks which feature another artist into a separate album? Eg: If I sync a song from Mcfly which doesn't feature anyone else but then sync a song from the same album with a featuring artist, itunes like the S*** it is, thinks it's a completley different album and doesn't let you change it so it goes back with the proper album.

Does anyone have this problem, If so how can it be fixed?
    Well, I don't know if anything can be done before importing the CD, but once it's in iTunes select all of the songs > right click > and select "get info". Somewhere in there (options I think) there should be an option to select if it's part of a compilation, make sure it says "yes" under the drop down options.

Then everything should be in the same album.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but i couldn't find any forums online specifically dedicated to solving puzzles(if anyone knows of any, please tell me). I need some help with solving this "Poem Code", the "Key" is "breast" and was given the poem "The night before Christmas" to work with. All I got was a paper with the poem, and the word breast in bold stating that the word breast was the key. i was also given this:
    1-7-27-5-12-2-9 27-24-2 1-6-2-15-10
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    With each "underscore dash" correlating with each number above it. Its a three word phrase where something is supposed to be hidden.
    The poem can be found here for the sake of post size
    http://www.carols.org.uk/twas_the_ni..._christmas.htm

Is the iPhone able to play flac files?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Is the iPhone able to play flac files?
    Not that I know of. You'll have to convert the file into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Not that I know of. You'll have to convert the file into something else.
    How do i convert it? Would the high quality remained the same if it were converted?

How do i convert it? Would the high quality remained the same if it were converted?
    If you're on a Mac, do a slow double click on the file, erase the extension (in this case .flac) and replace it with a new one (.m4a or .mp3 are good for iTunes). But since you're concerned about the quality, m4a would be a better choice.

If you're on a Mac, do a slow double click on the file, erase the extension (in this case .flac) and replace it with a new one (.m4a or .mp3 are good for iTunes). But since you're concerned about the quality, m4a would be a better choice.
    Thx. And can the device play m4 files?

Yes, m4a files were brought about by Apple, they're compatible with all of their products.

That riddle that the IT guy at my school got me thinking, not about the riddle itself but about programming languages. I know nothing about computers and such, but here goes:

C is a programming language, right? So if typical C code looks like something with a ton of brackets and some commands and blah blah parameters, what part of it makes C actually recognize that the code is something that it can handle?

Er... in other words, typing in an if-then-else statement into the program may make the program determine whether or not the if condition is satisfied, and then moving onto one of the two given that the condition is true or false, but how does the programming language actually know that "if" actually does what it's supposed to do?

Gosh, this is really hard to word for me. How would a programming language know what it needs to do to handle an "if" statement? Yeah, "check whether or not the condition after the 'if' is true; if true, go to the 'then' instructions; if not, go to the 'else' instructions if any", but how would one make C actually recognize that it's supposed to "check whether or not the condition after the 'if' is true" if it encounters an "if" statement?

...I don't think I helped anybody who's trying to answer the question at all. If you need clarification on the question, please ask. ):

If I'm exercising and get a stitch, is it better to carry on at a slower pace, or stop all together in order to build up my stamina?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    That riddle that the IT guy at my school got me thinking, not about the riddle itself but about programming languages. I know nothing about computers and such, but here goes:

C is a programming language, right? So if typical C code looks like something with a ton of brackets and some commands and blah blah parameters, what part of it makes C actually recognize that the code is something that it can handle?

Er... in other words, typing in an if-then-else statement into the program may make the program determine whether or not the if condition is satisfied, and then moving onto one of the two given that the condition is true or false, but how does the programming language actually know that "if" actually does what it's supposed to do?

Gosh, this is really hard to word for me. How would a programming language know what it needs to do to handle an "if" statement? Yeah, "check whether or not the condition after the 'if' is true; if true, go to the 'then' instructions; if not, go to the 'else' instructions if any", but how would one make C actually recognize that it's supposed to "check whether or not the condition after the 'if' is true" if it encounters an "if" statement?

...I don't think I helped anybody who's trying to answer the question at all. If you need clarification on the question, please ask. ):
    This might be a case of I.D. 10T...who knows.
    If you're thinking like binary, 1 is on and 0 is off (thus the symbols on some objects).

I doubt that is a help.

キバゴ

Yes, m4a files were brought about by Apple, they're compatible with all of their products.
    It still didn't work out. I've tried converting it to both formats. The itunes still 'remembers' that it used to be a Flac file and thus it can't play these files in either itself's library nor in the connected iPhone
    Any other suggestions?

It still didn't work out. I've tried converting it to both formats. The itunes still 'remembers' that it used to be a Flac file and thus it can't play these files in either itself's library nor in the connected iPhone
    Any other suggestions?
    Changing the extension will never work, as it doesn't modify the file itself (just how it's read, iirc). I think iTunes is capable of converting files, but hell if I remember how to do it, as Apple makes everything needlessly difficult. A much easier solution would be to download a music file converter - there are dozens of different ones available for free, and just make sure that it will do .flac to .whatever conversions. You may find such a converter via the use of an internet search engine. Examples of these include Google, Yahoo, and Bing.

You're going to lose quality when you convert files, though. I have no idea why you'd want to keep gigantic files around anyway, as there's no way you'd be able to tell the difference between true lossless and regular high-quality audio.

Quote Originally Posted by YaDunGoofed View Post
    This might be a case of I.D. 10T...who knows.
    If you're thinking like binary, 1 is on and 0 is off (thus the symbols on some objects).

I doubt that is a help.
    Erm... I know that much, but how does it know the specific sequence of 1's and 0's to process that if statement? How does it know, for example, that it's 101101101 and not 111100011? ):

So no Pikachu 3DS XL for North America or what? Have I been wasting my time waiting for this product?

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Changing the extension will never work, as it doesn't modify the file itself (just how it's read, iirc). I think iTunes is capable of converting files, but hell if I remember how to do it, as Apple makes everything needlessly difficult. A much easier solution would be to download a music file converter - there are dozens of different ones available for free, and just make sure that it will do .flac to .whatever conversions. You may find such a converter via the use of an internet search engine. Examples of these include Google, Yahoo, and Bing.

You're going to lose quality when you convert files, though. I have no idea why you'd want to keep gigantic files around anyway, as there's no way you'd be able to tell the difference between true lossless and regular high-quality audio.
    Thanks for the advice. I don't want to keep such files, but I said to myself that I should try to test its qualities once and for all, to see if I can really point out at the differences between such files in comparison to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    So no Pikachu 3DS XL for North America or what? Have I been wasting my time waiting for this product?
    It's only been released in Japan and Europe.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I have a question:

WHY, PROFESCO, WHY?!?!? WAS IT SOMETHING I DID I SWEAR I CAN CHANGE DON'T DO THIS, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US JUST ONE MORE CHANCE

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    It's only been released in Japan and Europe.
    I know that.

But are there any plans to release it in North America? I haven't purchased a 3ds because I have been waiting for this.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 31st December 2012 at 7:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    I have a question:

WHY, PROFESCO, WHY?!?!? WAS IT SOMETHING I DID I SWEAR I CAN CHANGE DON'T DO THIS, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US JUST ONE MORE CHANCE
    I have a question:

WHY WHAT? WHAT DID PROFESCO DO?!?!?

Edit: His latest post seem to be 9 days ago. Did he quit serebii? Is he on a non-internet vacation?
    Last edited by Ludwig; 31st December 2012 at 9:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I know that.

But are there any plans to release it in North America? I haven't purchased a 3ds because I have been waiting for this.
    Not at the moment - it will be announced on Serebii if there are. Depending on how desperate you are, I'd wait maybe a couple more months before just buying a 3DS. It's not any different - it just has Pikachu on it. You could always just buy a sticker for a regular 3DS instead.

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Not at the moment - it will be announced on Serebii if there are. Depending on how desperate you are, I'd wait maybe a couple more months before just buying a 3DS. It's not any different - it just has Pikachu on it. You could always just buy a sticker for a regular 3DS instead.
    But it's yellow and it has Pikachu on it. I guess I'll just wit a bit more, patience is a virtue after all.

Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast