Page 92 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2824

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

  1. #2276
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Something I asked myself when I was bored today: How do you spell the word between eleventh and thirteenth? Twelphth? Twelvth? Twelvphth???
    .....

    Twelfth.


    You know how sometimes teachers tell you that there are no stupid questions? That was a stupid question.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

    pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

  2. #2277

    Default

    Not really, especially compared to some of the other questions in this thread...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

    Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

  3. #2278
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +2:00]
    Posts
    589

    Default

    What do the gears of a bicycle stand for, and to what type of surface each one is suitable for, in general?

  4. #2279
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    What do the gears of a bicycle stand for, and to what type of surface each one is suitable for, in general?
    This article seems pretty straight forward.
    There's plenty more information out there if you just google "bicycle gears".



  5. #2280
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    438

    Default

    What is PO? I was just wondering, because one of my clubs is having a tournament, and they say you can compete with wifi or PO.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

  6. #2281
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    It's Pokemon Online. It's a Pokemon battle simulator where you can bypass all the training and just create a team and battle people over the internet.

  7. #2282
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +2:00]
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    This article seems pretty straight forward.
    There's plenty more information out there if you just google "bicycle gears".
    This link has already told me the information I was looking for in particular. Thx
    Are there any indie-rock music fans around in here? Lately I've been exposed to Shearwater's latest release Animal Joy and I'd like to get guiding for another album of theirs which is more or less filled with the same drive and good beat as the latter's.. I've tried their Dissolving Room but didn't like it that much, it was much more folkish and kinda boring to my ears..

  8. #2283
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    527

    Default

    This may be a "dumb" question XD But are "Seers" real? Seers, meaning people who can see the future in their dreams.

    Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

  9. #2284
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    40

    Default

    What is the difference between a llama and a guanaco?
    They should make a Ground/Water Pokemon designed off of a Camel

  10. #2285
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helcate View Post
    What is the difference between a llama and a guanaco?
    After a quick dictionary search I can tell you this:

    guaˇnaˇco
    noun /gwəˈnäkō/ 
    guanacos, plural

    A wild Andean mammal similar to the domestic llama, which is probably derived from it. It has a valuable pale brown pelt
    llaˇma
    noun /ˈlämə/ 
    llamas, plural

    A domesticated pack animal of the camel family found in the Andes, valued for its soft woolly fleece
    Short answer? One is domesticated.



  11. #2286
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    203

    Default

    I have always doubt about the Evs, can someone can explain me briefly about it?
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!



    FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

  12. #2287
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    I have always doubt about the Evs, can someone can explain me briefly about it?
    Sorry to "question" a question, but do you mean EVs as in EVs in Pokemon Games?

  13. #2288
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Sorry to "question" a question, but do you mean EVs as in EVs in Pokemon Games?
    Correct, I know is some thing about related with the nature of the pokemon. But it can make a difference on the stats?
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!



    FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

  14. #2289
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    Correct, I know is some thing about related with the nature of the pokemon. But it can make a difference on the stats?
    Yes and no.

    EVs also known as Effort Values, are a hidden value, that is implemented into each stat for every Pokemon. The maximum number of EVs you can have for a stat to be raised is 252. 252 EVs give exactly 63 extra points for a stat it's implemented to. In order to gain EVs, you have to EV Train, which is really easy to do. The stats that can be EV Trained are: HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, or Speed. But before EV Training, you have to determine and plan your EVs. Be sure of want stat you want to be raised before EV Training, make sure the stat that's raised is appropriate and usuable/effective with the Pokemon you plan to use.

    Here is how you EV Train for the Defense Stat. (This info I am giving only applies to Pokemon Black, Black 2, White, and White 2.)

    Specific Pokemon that have a certain high number for a stat can grant the Pokemon that you're using EVs for that certain stat after battling it.

    For Example: Roggenrola have a high defense stat. If you defeat one in battle, you will gain 1 Defense EV. The stat will go up by 1 each time you gain 4 EVs. If you battle 252 Roggenrola, then you will have gained 252 EVs and EV trained the Defense stat for the Pokemon you were battling with. Here is how it works...

    Let's say your Defense stat is 200, if you gain 4 EVs, it will raise to 201.

    Here's a table of my example:
        Spoiler:- EV Table:


    However, and this is the most important part: EVs cannot be used on every stat. It has a total of 508 in all. Many people use the occasional EV spread of: 252 / 252 / 4 Which will be spread among 3 desired stats. That is why you must be wise and careful with EV Training. You cannot have a full 252 EV number for every stat, only for 2. After you have a complete 508, your EVs cannot go any higher. That goes for any stat. Custom EVs are REALLY complicated and hard to get through, so don't worry about that.

    On another note, this can be done even faster with the stat's specified power item! In this case, the Power Belt. The Power Belt will speed up EV training immensely. If you defeat a Roggenrola with your Pokemon holding a Power Belt, you will not only gain 1 Defense EV, but the Power Belt grants 4 Defense EVs whenever experience is gained in battle. So, this means, at the end of the battle, you will gain 5 Defense EVs due to the Power Belt's support. This does not apply for level 100 Pokemon. Level 100 Pokemon, will only gain 1 Defense EV from defeating a Roggenrola. These effects are doubled if your Pokemon has Pokerus. If you have Pokerus and defeat a Roggenrola, while you're holding the Power Belt, you will gain 10 Defense EVs. (In Generation V) the effects of EV training with Pokerus will remain. Even after the Pokerus virus is lifted.

    After using 10 Iron, if you're holding the Power Belt (discounting Pokerus), all you'll have to do is 30 Battles against Roggenrola and you'll be done EV Training for the Defense Stat. After 30 battles you'll have 250 EVs! But remember, we're trying to get 252 EVs. So you'll have to unequip the Power Belt, and just do 2 more battles.

    And finally, Natures do not aid in EV Training. Natures give your Pokemon an additional 10% increase and decrease for 2 different stats. After EV Training with your desired nature to improve the stat you'd like to be the highest, the Nature will allow that to go even further as you level up. So if you have a Pokemon with a helpful nature towards a stat, and after you EV Trained the stat that your nature increases, that specific stat, will be very high.

    Since we're on the topic of natures, I'll just list the Defense natures:

    Bold Nature - Many Special Attacking Defensive Pokemon use this nature, as it helps the Defense stat, and hinders the Attack stat.
    Relaxed Nature - This is used with really slow Physically defensive Pokemon or for Trick Room Teams. It hinders the Speed stat and helps the Defense stat. (Trick Room is a Psychic-Type Status move that allows slower Pokemon to move first. Very handy to use and fun in Double Battling. It can be also be used with weather to make things like Rain, Trick Room Teams.)
    Impish Nature - Many Physical Attacking Defensive Pokemon use this nature, as it helps the Defense stat, and hinders the Special Attack stat.
    Lax Nature - This nature is almost never preferred as it hinders/decreases by 10% your Special Defense stat, which could be troubling in a lot of cases!

    NOTE: It's not strictly in this format, but as you get to Level 100, it begins to take effect and your stats go higher.

    This thread, in the Competitive Rate My Team Sub-Forum also contains information on this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Vs-and-natures

    I hope this helped! If you have any more questions, in regards to EVs and EV Training, I'd be more than happy to help.
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 30th January 2013 at 2:47 AM.

  15. #2290
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Yes and no.

    EVs also known as Effort Values, are a hidden value, that is implemented into each stat for every Pokemon. The maximum number of EVs you can have for a stat to be raised is 252. 252 EVs give exactly 63 extra points for a stat it's implemented to. In order to gain EVs, you have to EV Train, which is really easy to do. The stats that can be EV Trained are: HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, or Speed. But before EV Training, you have to determine and plan your EVs. Be sure of want stat you want to be raised before EV Training, make sure the stat that's raised is appropriate and usuable/effective with the Pokemon you plan to use.

    Here is how you EV Train for the Defense Stat. (This info I am giving only applies to Pokemon Black, Black 2, White, and White 2.)

    Specific Pokemon that have a certain high number for a stat can grant the Pokemon that you're using EVs for that certain stat after battling it.

    For Example: Roggenrola have a high defense stat. If you defeat one in battle, you will gain 1 Defense EV. The stat will go up by 1 each time you gain 4 EVs. If you battle 252 Roggenrola, then you will have gained 252 EVs and EV trained the Defense stat for the Pokemon you were battling with. Here is how it works...

    Let's say your Defense stat is 200, if you gain 4 EVs, it will raise to 201.

    Here's a table of my example:
        Spoiler:- EV Table:


    However, and this is the most important part: EVs cannot be used on every stat. It has a total of 508 in all. Many people use the occasional EV spread of: 252 / 252 / 4 Which will be spread among 3 desired stats. That is why you must be wise and careful with EV Training. You cannot have a full 252 EV number for every stat, only for 2. After you have a complete 508, your EVs cannot go any higher. That goes for any stat. Custom EVs are REALLY complicated and hard to get through, so don't worry about that.

    On another note, this can be done even faster with the stat's specified power item! In this case, the Power Belt. The Power Belt will speed up EV training immensely. If you defeat a Roggenrola with your Pokemon holding a Power Belt, you will not only gain 1 Defense EV, but the Power Belt grants 4 Defense EVs whenever experience is gained in battle. So, this means, at the end of the battle, you will gain 5 Defense EVs due to the Power Belt's support. This does not apply for level 100 Pokemon. Level 100 Pokemon, will only gain 1 Defense EV from defeating a Roggenrola. These effects are doubled if your Pokemon has Pokerus. If you have Pokerus and defeat a Roggenrola, while you're holding the Power Belt, you will gain 10 Defense EVs. (In Generation V) the effects of EV training with Pokerus will remain. Even after the Pokerus virus is lifted.

    After using 10 Iron, if you're holding the Power Belt (discounting Pokerus), all you'll have to do is 30 Battles against Roggenrola and you'll be done EV Training for the Defense Stat. After 30 battles you'll have 250 EVs! But remember, we're trying to get 252 EVs. So you'll have to unequip the Power Belt, and just do 2 more battles.

    And finally, Natures do not aid in EV Training. Natures give your Pokemon an additional 10% increase and decrease for 2 different stats. After EV Training with your desired nature to improve the stat you'd like to be the highest, the Nature will allow that to go even further as you level up. So if you have a Pokemon with a helpful nature towards a stat, and after you EV Trained the stat that your nature increases, that specific stat, will be very high.

    Since we're on the topic of natures, I'll just list the Defense natures:

    Bold Nature - Many Special Attacking Defensive Pokemon use this nature, as it helps the Defense stat, and hinders the Attack stat.
    Relaxed Nature - This is used with really slow Physically defensive Pokemon or for Trick Room Teams. It hinders the Speed stat and helps the Defense stat. (Trick Room is a Psychic-Type Status move that allows slower Pokemon to move first. Very handy to use and fun in Double Battling. It can be also be used with weather to make things like Rain, Trick Room Teams.)
    Impish Nature - Many Physical Attacking Defensive Pokemon use this nature, as it helps the Defense stat, and hinders the Special Attack stat.
    Lax Nature - This nature is almost never preferred as it hinders/decreases by 10% your Special Defense stat, which could be troubling in a lot of cases!

    NOTE: It's strictly in this format, but as you get to Level 100, it begins to take effect and your stats go higher.

    This thread, in the Competitive Rate My Team Sub-Forum also contains information on this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Vs-and-natures

    I hope this helped! If you have any more questions, in regards to EVs and EV Training, I'd be more than happy to help.
    Thxs alot, now can understand it better
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!



    FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

  16. #2291
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canadian Praries
    Posts
    19

    Default

    What would the main difference, besides simple apps, be between an ipad and a playbook? Im thinking of purchasing one
    ALL OFFERS IN MY SHOP
    My Shop: http://is.gd/SurfingTotodileTradeShop

    Soulsilver FC: 2924 8936 3941
    Hours:460
    Personal Shinies:
    The one that got away:
    Online Battles (Win/Lose): 3/0
    Trades (not necassarily online): 382

  17. #2292
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Due to Youtube's stupid update I got signed out of my account which has all my favorites on etc... and now when I try and sign back in it asks for email and password rather than username and password. Meaning I can't get back on my old account and when I try signing in with my email address it just starts up a new account. Is there any way I can log back into my old account?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  18. #2293
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Due to Youtube's stupid update I got signed out of my account which has all my favorites on etc... and now when I try and sign back in it asks for email and password rather than username and password. Meaning I can't get back on my old account and when I try signing in with my email address it just starts up a new account. Is there any way I can log back into my old account?
    If you try to log into youtube with your old account name it will ask you to use your email and then provide it e.g. please log in with lordfighting@hotmail.com etc.

  19. #2294
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Due to Youtube's stupid update I got signed out of my account which has all my favorites on etc... and now when I try and sign back in it asks for email and password rather than username and password. Meaning I can't get back on my old account and when I try signing in with my email address it just starts up a new account. Is there any way I can log back into my old account?
    Apparently you can't just log in using the username/password combination per usual. They've made it so you have to have a google account linked to your youtube account, not any email will do.



  20. #2295
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gliese 581-G
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    I need some new earbuds for music. I'd rather they were under $60, and that they have good bass, and are somewhat noise-isolating. The ones I have right now are these ones but they have almost no bass whatsoever and are starting to fall apart. I want something similar, not too big though.

    I really really love the sound quality of the new Apple earbuds but they kinda hurt my ears, aren't noise canceling, and I don't want white ones.
    Last edited by poix_the_yak; 3rd February 2013 at 7:45 PM.

  21. #2296
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    These are what I've been using for the past few months. http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/ink-d-blue-black-mic

    I really remembered those, they're pretty cheap too.

  22. #2297
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gliese 581-G
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    These are what I've been using for the past few months. http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/ink-d-blue-black-mic

    I really remembered those, they're pretty cheap too.
    I was considering those but I really dislike how they fit in your ear.

  23. #2298
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,595

    Default

    The only in-ear buds I've been able to use comfortably are Bose. Well over your ideal price though. :/



  24. #2299
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Regarding the signature rules, I understand why there's a height and width limit but why is there a pixel limit?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  25. #2300
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    because images with more pixels take longer to load, take up more space and are generally obnoxious
    life is
    a game

Page 92 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •