Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Ive never seen you in misc, so I'm guessing you're one.

Now my question is; Shouldnt Ethan be IP banned and why does he keep coming back?
    An IP ban will only temporarily hinder somebody who knows what they're doing. Short of screwing the evader over IRL (like getting his internet service provider on his case by reporting him), they won't stop until they feel like it. Every ban can be evaded.

It is possible to encrypt your IP to make it unbannable. I learned that the hard way on Jedi Academy. We banned this one person from our server 7 times. He would not leave.

Not saying Ethan could do this, but chances are, if he so wished, he could do it.

And for what he said, I'd smack him around a few times. What he did wasn't only immature, but also foolish and derogatory. I certainly hope this doesn't happen again.
    Last edited by deokishisu.123; 21st August 2011 at 12:12 AM.
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

Can lightning strike inside a home with closed windows?

Can I burn if I have a lamp right above my head?

Why ban someone if striping them of their authority, which they hated, is enough?
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those

Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

Ethan didn't care about the authority issues. He felt like he was being mistreated, and he took it out the wrong way. He should have confronted Serebii out right, explained what he thought, politely, and then negotiated with him from there. What he did was blantly wrong and idiotic.
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

Can you answer the lamp question? I don't want to have my hair on fire...or to fry my brain...
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill

For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

If it falls and breaks, I think a burn will be the least of your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze DreamGirl View Post
    Can lightning strike inside a home with closed windows?
    Technically, yes, lightning can still get inside through pipes or wiring. The chances are slim, but that's why it's said you should avoid taking a shower during a storm.

Can I burn if I have a lamp right above my head?
    A standard lamp you would find in the home? You're fine.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ture0088a.jpg/

The lamp in question and the top of my head...

That's not dangerous right?

No, miss, that won't be an issue if it's drilled into the wall. Lol.

I was afraid that he heat emitted by the lamp would make my hair on fire at some point...

that's stupid isn't it?

It isn't stupid. It's just... well, it's sensible you would think about it like that, but you are safe. I had a lava lam near my head a while back, and I had no issues, even though I had a bottle of heated substance next to my head 8 hours a night. Lol.

But, all in all, you are safe.

I'm gonna post my question again.

Can anybody recommend another good forums? I'm bored of only being a member of this one.

YUM YUM JIMMY JOHN'S!

Well, advertisement is against the rules, and I'm not one to intentionally do that, so... I'm afraid I can't answer that. Find what interests you the most, google for a forum of it, and good luck. o_o

Quote Originally Posted by deokishisu.123 View Post
    It is possible to encrypt your IP to make it unbannable. I learned that the hard way on Jedi Academy. We banned this one person from our server 7 times. He would not leave.

Not saying Ethan could do this, but chances are, if he so wished, he could do it.

And for what he said, I'd smack him around a few times. What he did wasn't only immature, but also foolish and derogatory. I certainly hope this doesn't happen again.
    Ethan speaking.

You know, it really is funny that regular members pretend to know to what's what in regards to certain situations, especially as it pertains to the staff. Like how in your next post you ignorantly and incorrectly assume I had never talked to Serebii or tried to negotiate with them politely. It's members like you, that talk mad shit about people they don't know, situations they don't know, and act macho and self righteous. I'd smack him around a few times? Really? Glad to know people take the internet so seriously. You go ahead and keep talk mad shit behind your computer screen though sparky.

I can reply to the above post in only one way.

*facepalm* I don't care what really happened. Frankly, I know Ethan did wrong and needed to go about it differently.

Now, go back to your base, soldier. And don't be harking accounts if what you say is true.
    Last edited by deokishisu.123; 21st August 2011 at 1:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pristarin View Post
    Ethan speaking.

You know, it really is funny that regular members pretend to know to what's what in regards to certain situations, especially as it pertains to the staff. Like how in your next post you ignorantly and incorrectly assume I had never talked to Serebii or tried to negotiate with them politely. It's members like you, that talk mad shit about people they don't know, situations they don't know, and act macho and self righteous. I'd smack him around a few times? Really? Glad to know people take the internet so seriously. You go ahead and keep talk mad shit behind your computer screen though sparky.
    ethan
    Seriously, quit b*tching.
    You're taking the internet seriously right now buddy. I don't think you have a life now, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pristarin View Post
    Ethan speaking.
    Ethan, please leave already. You gave up on this forum, so it would be wise merely to leave us in the past.

The above posts are made by wise brothers or sisters, my friend. If you don't like us and our family, whether or not we are mods or just normal teenagers, leave with grace, not quit with rage. I hope you understand what I mean and take it to heart.

Moving on from the soap operas...

I'm looking for a good set of earbuds. Definitely want good sound quality and comfort, but above ANYTHING I need them to be portable. They need to be able to take a good beating, and really just be unbreakable in any situation that I'm not going out of my way to destroy them. I like taking my music out for a car ride/the store/anywhere really to fill the silence when I'm not around people. I usually just wire them through my shirt and into my pocket, and let the ear buds hang off of my collar, or I just wrap my iPod up in them. And I'm tired of buying crappy Skullcandy products for twenty dollars a set and having them break after normal usage after a month.

Right now, I'm sporting a set of DBI Pro 705's. They're reinforced with metal both in the wire and the headband, and have AMAZING sound quality with very good bass. These are made to be used in Wal-Marts and music stores to be used by thousands of idiots daily and not break. I got them this past Christmas used off of EBAY, and they're still functioning perfectly.

Problem is...they're not very portable. The wire is extremely long and bulky, making it a pain to roll up and slip into my pocket. It's very heavy due to all of the metal it's carrying, and the headphones/headband don't fit comfortably around my neck should I not want to have them on my head. It's just not practical.

So TL;DR, I have extremely bulky headphones that aren't portable. I need well-enough sounding/feeling earphones that won't break. Assume price isn't too much of a factor. If anyone could help, that'd be great.

-Typo

Quote Originally Posted by deokishisu.123
    The above posts are made by wise brothers or sisters, my friend. If you don't like us and our family, whether or not we are mods or just normal teenagers, leave with grace, not quit with rage. I hope you understand what I mean and take it to heart.
    Because him liking certain people here while not liking many others is clearly beyond the realm of possibility, here. Extremely zen advice, btw, tho

Quote Originally Posted by Typo
    Moving on from the soap operas...

I'm looking for a good set of earbuds. Definitely want good sound quality and comfort, but above ANYTHING I need them to be portable. They need to be able to take a good beating, and really just be unbreakable in any situation that I'm not going out of my way to destroy them. I like taking my music out for a car ride/the store/anywhere really to fill the silence when I'm not around people. I usually just wire them through my shirt and into my pocket, and let the ear buds hang off of my collar, or I just wrap my iPod up in them. And I'm tired of buying crappy Skullcandy products for twenty dollars a set and having them break after normal usage after a month.

Right now, I'm sporting a set of DBI Pro 705's. They're reinforced with metal both in the wire and the headband, and have AMAZING sound quality with very good bass. These are made to be used in Wal-Marts and music stores to be used by thousands of idiots daily and not break. I got them this past Christmas used off of EBAY, and they're still functioning perfectly.

Problem is...they're not very portable. The wire is extremely long and bulky, making it a pain to roll up and slip into my pocket. It's very heavy due to all of the metal it's carrying, and the headphones/headband don't fit comfortably around my neck should I not want to have them on my head. It's just not practical.

So TL;DR, I have extremely bulky headphones that aren't portable. I need well-enough sounding/feeling earphones that won't break. Assume price isn't too much of a factor. If anyone could help, that'd be great.

-Typo
    Unless you're pickier than I about headphones, I've had good results and no troubles with JVC's... uh, I think the ones I'm using now are called Marshmallows. Or, if you want ones that don't protrude into your ear canal, as some people do, they also make ones called Gummies. Anywho, unless you're looking for way high quality, the sound is good (better than Skullcandy earbuds, in my opinion, but that's not saying much), they're comfortable, come in many colors, and are reasonably cheap (~$10 for Gummies, <$20 for Marshmallows, if I remember rightly). And they should last at least for months, and are probably about as portable as you can get. But yeah, take this with a grain of salt, since it's all my opinion, and I'm not picky.

P.S.- Holy shit, Typo.

I've been rather pleased with Sony for "cheap" but "good" headphones (those being relative to the buyer of course). Right now I'm sporting the DR-V150iP model. I don't know if you're wanting to stick with actual headphones or are hoping for ear buds, but I have trouble wearing earbuds and have been happy with these. I've had my current pair for over a year now, the cable is short and thin enough to be unobtrusive, I typically thread it down my shirt and put my iPod in my jean pocket as you mentioned. There's also an iPod remote which I like to have.

I've been tempted to buy a pair of the Bose headphones for a while now, but I've never had a serious problem with the Sony pair, so I haven't yet had an excuse to buy a more expensive or "better" brand.

So any regular earbuds I've ever tried to use just fall out of my ears within 2 minutes, and the same goes for the in ear ones too. I think it's because I have a small tragus, which is what keeps them in.

Anyway, I'm trying to look for a solution which doesn't involve buying a set of hench headphones, because frankly I'd feel like a tool walking around wearing them, and on top of that they're not very portable. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Insanity View Post
    So any regular earbuds I've ever tried to use just fall out of my ears within 2 minutes, and the same goes for the in ear ones too. I think it's because I have a small tragus, which is what keeps them in.

Anyway, I'm trying to look for a solution which doesn't involve buying a set of hench headphones, because frankly I'd feel like a tool walking around wearing them, and on top of that they're not very portable. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    I have this same problem. Honestly, there aren't a lot of options. There are some earbuds/phones that are manufactured smaller, but it's a wild guess as to which ones will work for you. You'd be spending and wasting a lot of money trying to find a pair. It's best to find a lightweight over/on ear headphones.

It's pretty much picking the lesser of two evils here: get over the fact that you feel stupid wearing headphones around in public, or stop every 45 seconds to push one of your buds back in.

Headphones > Buds.

Buds hurt my ears after a while, as all you're doing is shoving a round piece of plastic in your ear hole. Headphones are cushioned and may be noise-cancelling.

what does 2+2=?....i need to know quickly so i can pass my test
    DRAGONITE
    Dream team:     Spoiler:- thanks:
        Spoiler:- thanks:
        Spoiler:- thanks:
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/rjmtxt.png[/IMG]    Spoiler:- click it..if you dare:

(if you are some of the people who want a game where YOU get to choose YOUR own destiny and can make YOUR own decisions, then add this to YOUR signature)....started by me but you dont have to put my name down if you dont wanna

Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast