Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlover711 View Post
    what does 2+2=?....i need to know quickly so i can pass my test
    The answer appears to be "Four", or "4". Here's my source.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Unless you're pickier than I about headphones, I've had good results and no troubles with JVC's... uh, I think the ones I'm using now are called Marshmallows. Or, if you want ones that don't protrude into your ear canal, as some people do, they also make ones called Gummies. Anywho, unless you're looking for way high quality, the sound is good (better than Skullcandy earbuds, in my opinion, but that's not saying much), they're comfortable, come in many colors, and are reasonably cheap (~$10 for Gummies, <$20 for Marshmallows, if I remember rightly). And they should last at least for months, and are probably about as portable as you can get. But yeah, take this with a grain of salt, since it's all my opinion, and I'm not picky.
    I have a rather large ear, so both of them work for me fine. I always prefer the inner-ear earbuds, because they block out other sound better. I think one of my sisters used the Gumy earbuds one and they lasted her months, so I'll definitely check those out.

P.S.- Holy shit, Typo.
    I know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    I've been rather pleased with Sony for "cheap" but "good" headphones (those being relative to the buyer of course). Right now I'm sporting the DR-V150iP model. I don't know if you're wanting to stick with actual headphones or are hoping for ear buds, but I have trouble wearing earbuds and have been happy with these. I've had my current pair for over a year now, the cable is short and thin enough to be unobtrusive, I typically thread it down my shirt and put my iPod in my jean pocket as you mentioned.
    Yeah, I'm definitely looking for earbuds. They're just easier to wrap up and store when I'm not using them. Sony seems to be really good though. I have several friends and my sister who are using Sony products and they've lasted months. Will definitely look into Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Insanity View Post
    Anyway, I'm trying to look for a solution which doesn't involve buying a set of hench headphones, because frankly I'd feel like a tool walking around wearing them, and on top of that they're not very portable. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    This is my problem exactly.
    Last edited by Typo; 21st August 2011 at 7:56 PM.

Are there any other Armenians on this forum?? I was gonna make a new topic about it but didn't know if it would be a good topic or not lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Are there any other Armenians on this forum?? I was gonna make a new topic about it but didn't know if it would be a good topic or not lol.
    We had a poll open at one point about where people were from: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=490115

You might have a search through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    We had a poll open at one point about where people were from: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=490115

You might have a search through that.
    Oh ok do you think I could create a thread on it or is it too random??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

You could definitely recreate the "where are you from?" thread, but I don't know about a thread with a question as specific as "Are there any other Armenians on this forum?". I'm not an authority on these things though, PM a mod and ask them what they think.

What time does Amazon Kindle update? A book that I pre-ordered comes out tomorrow. Will it be available tonight at midnight?

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

Default Why is it illegal to ride a motorbike without a helmet?

I'm not an idiot. I know of the safety risks and stuff. But my question is why is it ILLEGAL (where I live, anyways, and in some states).

If I want to be stupid and risk my life, why is that not my choice? I get things like driving without a seatbelt or driving drunk because you could injure someone else. But how does a helmet affect anyone besides me?

I am asking for a clear reason as to why the government should be involved in my personal safety. It's my life. By their logic, they should make it illegal to climb mountains because potentially you can fall and die.
    SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM,

In most states it is. It is here in NC, but in SC, it is legal. Same thing with fireworks, too. It all depends on your state.
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

I'm guessing the difference is that not havong a helmet on is just extremely simple, and can save your life. And when climbing moutains you generally wear a climbing harness and the like.

You have a point. Still, you shouldn't die. Hmm. You make a point. I suppose if you're riding as a passenger, like I do, you should wear a helmet because if the driver dies, you can tell the officers if the driver was drinking, was being reckless, etc.

it's also common sense.
    R.I.P. Kelley. I love you, now go play with Jesus. You were so sweet. And remember, someday you'll see us again. 2007-2011

I will not be on very often anymore... keeping up my own site now.

I'm not saying I would ride without one. I was saying why do I HAVE to.
    You don't have to show a "swimming license" to go swim in the beach in potentially dangerous waters. Also, you don't HAVE to wear gear to climb a mountain. You can just go, you'd just be very foolish.

I just don't think the government should have the right to tell me how to live my OWN life.
    SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM,

Glitch. Install japanese text.

Credit to FairyWitch for the banner.

Unofficial "guy who welcomes people to the forums."
    2DS Friend Code: 4012-5090-3224
    VM me if you add me.

In Wisconsin it's perfectly legal to ride a motorcycle or scooter without a helmet. Though I would recommend anyone to suck it up and put your damn helmet on because I could go on a tirade about how stupid you'd have to be to not wear a helmet while riding a motorized bike. It's not worth dying over, even if it's legal here.
    Last edited by ashhleeyy; 27th August 2011 at 4:42 PM.

If it wasn't illegal people wouldn't do it as much so more deaths.
    Lovers gona love.

Why do you have to wear a seat belt? Safety reasons. Many accidents could be much worse if the laws weren't in place. Some people wouldn't wear a helmet or seat belt if it wasn't the law.

Quote Originally Posted by ele View Post
    If it wasn't illegal people wouldn't do it as much so more deaths.
    So? Let's make going into caves illegal so people don't do it. The government shouldn't be involving themselves in something that only affects the person stupid enough to do it.
    There is no way that by me not wearing a helmet and dying because of it that it affects anyone else in the community. I think it should be the driver's choice.

To stop idiots from killing themselves? Idk. Put it this way, if someone insists it's their right not to wear a helmet on a motorbike, they should be financially responsible for the ambulance/rescue helicopter service that will likely be required in the event of serious head trauma. As a tax payer, I don't want to pay for your stupidity because you think you have the right to not wear a helmet (and by 'you' I mean a general somebody). So, in answer to your question, you being injured DOES affect other people financially.
    Pokemon White FC: 4083-7535-3255

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/15esqr.png[/IMG]

Platinum -
    Soul Silver - (re-play)

Collision with helmet = you could survive
    Collision without helmet = head gets damaged of whatever and uhh, bye-bye.
    3DS Updated FC: 4640-0105-8945
    On Kid Icarus: Uprising I am *AuraSp*

Quote Originally Posted by Lovin_Life View Post
    Why do you have to wear a seat belt? Safety reasons. Many accidents could be much worse if the laws weren't in place. Some people wouldn't wear a helmet or seat belt if it wasn't the law.
    The seat belt is able to save other people as well.
    By not wearing it you are endangering others on the road.

For example, if I didn't wear a belt during a crash, the momentum could knock me forward and onto the road. This would cause other people to try to swerve away and not hit me.

Also, a seat belt can prevent you from thrusting forward and injuring people in the front seat.

THAT is the reason for a seat belt.
    I understand that because it's not just my life I'm endangering.

Quote Originally Posted by cpkmn23 View Post
    To stop idiots from killing themselves? Idk. Put it this way, if someone insists it's their right not to wear a helmet on a motorbike, they should be financially responsible for the ambulance/rescue helicopter service that will likely be required in the event of serious head trauma. As a tax payer, I don't want to pay for your stupidity because you think you have the right to not wear a helmet (and by 'you' I mean a general somebody). So, in answer to your question, you being injured DOES affect other people financially.
    Well, as a tax payer, I don't want to pay for stupid people who drown because they couldn't swim in that deep waters.
    Therefore, let's make it illegal to swim unless you have a "swimmer's license".

OR

I don't want to pay for 911 emergencies when people set their house on fire by not having adequate smoke detection systems. We should inspect every house for this.

The money for 911 energencies is there for that. There will always be emergencies because there will always be stupid people for different reasons.
    The government shouldn't go limiting how people want to spend their life just cause they don't want to use the money for the exact reason it was given to them.

Oh yeah I forgot, they want to be able to pocket 50% of it. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sexymilkshake View Post
    The seat belt is able to save other people as well.
    By not wearing it you are endangering others on the road.

For example, if I didn't wear a belt during a crash, the momentum could knock me forward and onto the road. This would cause other people to try to swerve away and not hit me.
    Unless of course it's too late to stop or "swerve". Or the lanes are really packed and in the case they do "swerve" would cause a bigger jam.
    Last edited by AuraSphere; 27th August 2011 at 5:03 PM.
    3DS Updated FC: 4640-0105-8945
    On Kid Icarus: Uprising I am *AuraSp*

I've heard this argument a thousand times, so I know what you're trying to say, but I still don't understand why people like you try to say it.

Listen to your mother and wear a helmet. Tsk, tsk.

well i had a friend that was riding one and he died, 13 years old. safety counts but i think it is because sometimes accidents can happen, its like a seat belt in a car
    CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

Well, as a tax payer, I don't want to pay for stupid people who drown because they couldn't swim in that deep waters.
    Therefore, let's make it illegal to swim unless you have a "swimmer's license".

OR

I don't want to pay for 911 emergencies when people set their house on fire by not having adequate smoke detection systems. We should inspect every house for this.

The money for 911 energencies is there for that. There will always be emergencies because there will always be stupid people for different reasons.
    The government shouldn't go limiting how people want to spend their life just cause they don't want to use the money for the exact reason it was given to them.

Oh yeah I forgot, they want to be able to pocket 50% of it. My bad.
    You feel strongly about this, don't you :/ I'm not saying the government is right in restricting one thing, like how you must wear helmets, but not other equally dangerous things. You said wearing a helmet doesn't affect anyone else... well, in the UK it does. Why do they impose limits on bikers and not mountain climbers? Maybe because of the legal implications of you being hit by another car or something. I don't know, I'm not the government. At the end of the day, anyone with common sense will wear a helmet.
    Pokemon White FC: 4083-7535-3255

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/15esqr.png[/IMG]

Platinum -
    Soul Silver - (re-play)

If you wanna die, Then do it. You can't be arrested when you're dead.

Credit to FairyWitch for the banner.

Unofficial "guy who welcomes people to the forums."
    2DS Friend Code: 4012-5090-3224
    VM me if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSphere View Post
    Unless of course it's too late to stop or "swerve". Or the lanes are really packed and in the case they do "swerve" would cause a bigger jam.
    This doesn't defeat my point, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruka View Post
    I've heard this argument a thousand times, so I know what you're trying to say, but I still don't understand why people like you try to say it.

Listen to your mother and wear a helmet. Tsk, tsk.
    I try to say it because I don't agree with governments trying to micro manage the little things in people's lives.
    Things like censorship and this. It shouldn't be up to them.

If everyone just "listened to" what the big guys say we wouldn't get anywhere.
    "It's the law, just obey it."
    Faith... must be enforced by reason.... When faith becomes blind it dies. -Ghandi.

Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast