Page 54 of 113 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2824

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by jenny123 View Post
    ooh, that's much better than i though (price wise). Where i live i can only use a gun :P... I literally drove everywhere in an hour radius with my friend when she went to get a double... eventually she just got a gun piercing... what sucks in washington is that the only people that do needle piercings are tatoo parlors, and even if you're not gettting a tattoo, you can't have any service from a tatoo paror if you're under 18 :P
    I don't know the laws in Washington, but in Illinois, you can get a piercing at a tattoo parlor under the age of 18 if you have a parent sign a consent form.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I don't know the laws in Washington, but in Illinois, you can get a piercing at a tattoo parlor under the age of 18 if you have a parent sign a consent form.
    I wish that was the policy here :P... you have to have a parent with you to get any piercing, and can't get it from a tattoo parlor at all :P

Quote Originally Posted by jenny123 View Post
    I wish that was the policy here :P... you have to have a parent with you to get any piercing, and can't get it from a tattoo parlor at all :P
    That's a terrible policy. Getting a piercing from a trained professional at a good tattoo parlor is a lot safer than getting one done at a local mall. On the plus side, though, places you can get them in your state at your age are probably cheaper.

How many colors have names for them at this point in time?
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PerseusRad View Post
    How many colors have names for them at this point in time?
    Well, there are 133 standard Crayola crayon colors....

but I don't think that anyone anywhere has an official list of every color. Technically, it's impossible to name all of the colors, since color is an infinite gradient, even in the visual range. Plus, we can only see a very small portion of the light spectrum - birds can see more colors than we can. You can even argue that different people see colors differently, since everyone's cones and rods are slightly different, some people have synesthesia and/or color blindness, and the way that YOU see color is merely the way that YOUR body interprets photon reflections. That's beyond the scope of your question, though, I think.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 17th April 2012 at 1:00 AM.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

There are 147 CSS colors, so it really depends on what you mean by "colors"

Where can I go on my computer to change how the internet speed is? I remember I once found an option on my computer to make it not reduce the speed or something. Sorry if this is vague, I have no idea how to phrase this and I don't remember what I did. I'm on a PC that had Vista but now has Windows 7 if that helps.

Your internet speed depends on your connection and provider, I don't think is a way to change it over than moving closer to the router or upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I think maybe morbid is too strong of a word

Do you mean that it's weird that people say happy haloween when people are running around dressed like monsters?
    Sort of....I mean its the time ppl scare one another.....but say its happy...
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRocketGrunt View Post
    Sort of....I mean its the time ppl scare one another.....but say its happy...
    Lol, I get what you mean. I think the 'happy', is more to lend proclamation to the actual event of Haloween. To me, it's the same reason people say 'merry' before they say christmas when it's christmas. Just to show the joy behind what they're celebrating, if that makes sense? that's how I see it

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the banner above, and Sworn Metalhead for the banner below -

All Hail the Six Kings...
    Chapter One added (12-07-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Your internet speed depends on your connection and provider, I don't think is a way to change it over than moving closer to the router or upgrading.
    Ah damn. I don't remember what I did on my computer before so I can't really explain it, but whatever I guess. Thanks.

Another question. Moving to another country and becoming a resident there and all of that, what is the process like?

Another question >.> How much traffic do other states get?
    Last edited by Myrrh; 18th April 2012 at 7:37 AM.

Hmm, answering your other state traffic questions. About the same as your state. I mean, it depends on if there is an accident, or if there is a city near by. We have a place called the Conshohocken Curve, which is always jammed.
    Signiture Underconstruction

Quote Originally Posted by Acio29619 View Post
    Another question. Moving to another country and becoming a resident there and all of that, what is the process like?

Another question >.> How much traffic do other states get?
    The answer to both your questions is really dependent on the locations.

Some countries have far easier immigration processes than others. It's really dependent on the government.

Traffic varies state to state. Places that are predominantly rural like North Dakota are obviously going to have far less traffic than California. A good, general indication is the state population and how urban vs. rural the state is. Some of that's also going to depend on public transportation and it's efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Traffic varies state to state. Places that are predominantly rural like North Dakota are obviously going to have far less traffic than California. A good, general indication is the state population and how urban vs. rural the state is. Some of that's also going to depend on public transportation and it's efficiency.
    So I used to live in Louisville, Kentucky, and then Birmingham, Alabama, which are both cities with approximately half a million people. In Birmingham, it used to take me 30 minutes to an hour to make the 12-mile drive to and from my high school each day because of the traffic. Louisville is similar. Now I'm in grad school and I live in a little podunk town in Mississippi with fewer than 20,000 people. When I have to drive places with my coworkers, they always comment on how much traffic there is when there are more than three or four cars on the street, and I'm pretty sure that I look at them like they're insane.

So like Spookz said, it really depends on which state you're moving to, and even where in that state you're moving. In Alabama, there are towns where people still ride horses places. I've seen it.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

What do vegetarians eat for protein? Im confused on the "not eating meat" part.

Quote Originally Posted by VibravaRules View Post
    I wonder is tofu has protein...

I mean I think they get it from veggies from what I heard. Or there's also some vegetarians that eat eggs.
    岩根雅明=♡

When eaten in the right amount, eggs and beans have just as much protein as meat does. Vegetarians actually have to be very careful that they do get enough protein in their diets. Tofu has some protein, but not as much as eggs and beans. In fact, all fruits, vegetables, and nuts have some protein, but beans are the major contributor.

EDIT: In response to the post above me, vegetarians, by definition, do not eat any meat, but will eat animal products, such as milk and cheese. Pescatarians are vegetarians that eat fish and seafood, and vegans do not eat any animal products at all, including meat, milk, eggs, and dairy.

-------

Many vegetarians eat Quorn and things like it, which are basically proteins derived from fungi that are very similar to the proteins found in meat, so they make a reasonable substitute for meat. Nutritionally speaking.

Thanks to those who helped with my questions.

Another one: When I press F5 on my laptop it brings me to the home page instead of refreshing the page I am on. How do I make it refresh instead?

Thanks to those who helped with my questions.

Another one: When I press F5 on my laptop it brings me to the home page instead of refreshing the page I am on. How do I make it refresh instead?
    What operating system do you have?

-------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    What operating system do you have?
    Windows 7. It is an HP laptop, the F5 key has a kind of globe symbol on it or something. My other computer, a desktop, became a Windows 7 computer too, yet it's F5 still refreshes the page rather than take me to the home page.

Windows 7. It is an HP laptop, the F5 key has a kind of globe symbol on it or something. My other computer, a desktop, became a Windows 7 computer too, yet it's F5 still refreshes the page rather than take me to the home page.
    That's the keyboard's Custom key overides kicking in. The Fn jey may restore it to normal, but you may need to check the options.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    When eaten in the right amount, eggs and beans have just as much protein as meat does.
    Chicken eggs have approximately 12.6% protein, beans 9.6% and meat 18-32%.

How quickly can something you eat make you feel ill? Today I started feeling ill about twenty minutes after I'd eaten something, and I thought it was the food but my friends said it was too soon. Could it have been the food that made me feel ill or was it probably something else?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

So tomorrow is LGBT Day of Silence and I am wondering, is communicating through writing, cheating ?

Page 54 of 113 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast