Page 96 of 113 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2824

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Sorry to be a bit frank here, but I always get a sore bum on long car journeys and I've got another one coming up. Does anyone have any tips? I've tried sitting on a cushion, but it doesn't really work...
    You could always try sitting in a different part of the car, like swapping with someone else for a seat. Sometimes when I stay in the same seat of the car, the bumps always hit my side of the car the worst, and I always swap for the other side of the car when that happens. Otherwise, I'd try finding some sort of cuhsion, but you've mentioned that, so...

Just a quick question; does anyone know what are the best methods for AS Level revision?
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    You could always try sitting in a different part of the car, like swapping with someone else for a seat. Sometimes when I stay in the same seat of the car, the bumps always hit my side of the car the worst, and I always swap for the other side of the car when that happens. Otherwise, I'd try finding some sort of cuhsion, but you've mentioned that, so...

Just a quick question; does anyone know what are the best methods for AS Level revision?
    I saw your subjects on the Student Lounge thread
    Anything maths, do as many past papers as possible, just over and over, mark them yourself, and redo the ones you got wrong.
    For English, read up on Sparknotes all the key points and make notes. Maybe make a little quiz to test yourself?

As for your humanities, I won't be able to help you, because I don't know what the exams are like... maybe just try to learn off by heart the facts you need to know, a few at a time? Make little question post-its and put them where you'll see them randomly to see if you can answer them spontaneously.

And I have another question:

In Japanese, how would you say "on the way here?" I'm pretty new to the language, and I didn't know if you could write ここのみちに or ここにみちに or if you'd just say something else entirely. Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Roseheart95; 3rd April 2013 at 5:47 PM.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_Fan View Post
    About 5 months ago I was in a relationship while talking to a previous ex. It was chill, they were friends and knew about each other.
    But, I was getting nudes and having secret rendezvous with my ex. Then out of the blue she decided to become super Christian like her family and told me that I was manipulating her and we couldn't be friends. She hasn't talked to me and I haven't talked to her since.

Now I'm kinda wanting to start over with her, as friends. Then maybe become something more in the next few years? We're both about to go off to college, both 18 y/o seniors.

I need some advice on how to approach this situation.
    Actually, this particular grounds of topic, goes here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Advice-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I have a minor question for anyone who is particularly well versed in English/Grammar:

What's the difference between Disorganized and Unorganized?

l mean, they are two different words, but does one have a slightly different meaning than the other? Seems kind of redundant if they don't....
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    I have a minor question for anyone who is particularly well versed in English/Grammar:

What's the difference between Disorganized and Unorganized?

l mean, they are two different words, but does one have a slightly different meaning than the other? Seems kind of redundant if they don't....
    I do believe that unorganized implies a state of consistency, and disorganized implies a catalyst. In other words, disorganized means something caused the lack of organization, but that's not necessarily the case for unorganized. Unorganized could have simply always been in that state.

I'm a bit curious why you ask. I honestly can't think of an occasion where you wouldn't be able to use them interchangeably.

I've seen them both used with referring to a person. "You are unorganized." and "You are disorganized." I think it has something to do the prefixes 'un' and "dis". Disorganized is usually used to refer to a person. While unorganized is usually used to describe something that wasn't organized in the first place. A state of "unorganization". Like a box of Legos or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I've seen them both used with referring to a person. "You are unorganized." and "You are disorganized." I think it has something to do the prefixes 'un' and "dis". Disorganized is usually used to refer to a person. While unorganized is usually used to describe something that wasn't organized in the first place. A state of "unorganization". Like a box of Legos or something.
    But you're just playing with the -ed and -tion suffixes that way. You could just as soon, and without any trouble say: "You are unorganized." And "The room is in a state of disorganization."

True, true. I personally just stick to "unorganized." It really can fit in place of the other.

Can Matt Damon really speak German, French, Russian & Spanish like he can in the Bourne flims?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
    But you're just playing with the -ed and -tion suffixes that way. You could just as soon, and without any trouble say: "You are unorganized." And "The room is in a state of disorganization."
    True, true. I personally just stick to "unorganized." It really can fit in place of the other.
    Just for the record, disorganized should refer to more of a permanent state (i.e. describing a person), while unorganized is more temporary or prone to change (i.e. a room). But like so many other aspects of English, people have bastardized it so that you can use them interchangeably and no one will bat an eye, so realistically there isn't any distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Can Matt Damon really speak German, French, Russian & Spanish like he can in the Bourne flims?
    No, Matt Damon is an idjit and can barely speak English.

The small image under my title and name (Dark Master), how do I change it? PM me if you would like to explain, so I don't flood this thread.
    ~ Am I nsane? No, my reality is just different from yours.

Quote Originally Posted by KyoJinOfDarkness View Post
    The small image under my title and name (Dark Master), how do I change it? PM me if you would like to explain, so I don't flood this thread.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/faq.php...faq_usertitles

Can someone help me find Pokemon games in (Brazilian) Portuguese? I'm trying to learn the language, so I figured playing a game in that language could help a lot.

Can someone help me find Pokemon games in (Brazilian) Portuguese? I'm trying to learn the language, so I figured playing a game in that language could help a lot.

There are no Pokemon games that are translated in that language. All Pokemon games released to Brazilians are in English for some reason.

That's wack.

I'm going to read the Harry Potter books in Portuguese, then.

Is it worth buying Demon Soul before buying Dark Soul or should I just skip Demon Soul and go straight for Dark Soul?

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Is it worth buying Demon Soul before buying Dark Soul or should I just skip Demon Soul and go straight for Dark Soul?
    Please include a context.

What relation to me is my mom's cousin?

Also, in the film Avengers Assemble Iron Man references the "tale of jonah". Can someone please tell me what that is?
    Last edited by Lord Fighting; 9th May 2013 at 10:28 PM.

What relation to me is my mom's cousin?
    She would be your Aunt.

Also, in the film Avengers Assemble Iron Man references the "tale of jonah". Can someone please tell me what that is?
    Just an old fairy tale nonsense.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

She would be your Aunt.
    Nope. She's his second Cousin once removed,

nah just second cousin, the cousin's children would be second cousin once removed.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    nah just second cousin, the cousin's children would be second cousin once removed.
    You're both wrong.

She would be your Aunt.
    You're really wrong.

Your parents' cousins are your first cousins, once removed. Removed refers to generation differences. So, your grandparents' first cousins would be your first cousins, twice removed. First/second/third/etc. has to do with your most recent common ancestor (to keep it simple). You and your first cousins have the same grandparents, you and your second cousins share great-grandparents, etc. Of course, all of this goes out the window if you live in a trailer park.

Does anybody know of any good German bands?

I know of Rammstein and Tokio Hotel atm.

Page 96 of 113 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast