Page 100 of 113 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2824

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Kal Mage View Post
    I'm going to like this thread a lot but please, don't judge me if I'm asking too many questions or simple questions. Sometimes, I only and will only believe what I believe or will always believe. Like I cannot just go look up articles and research on certain things to entertain me, I sometimes want to be persuaded on certain things. So here goes.

Why people enjoy such harsh music to their ears when they simply can't mimic or sing to such music such as Metal, Hardcore Rock, Heavy Metal, Screaming, Dubstep (unless its just music and no singing) and yeah.

Like I would understand why people ask me "why do you listen to Korean pop when you barely know what they're saying," because sometimes I can clearly say I am able to sing, translate the lyrics and memorize what symbol or romaninaztion translation to English. Sometimes I don't sound too good, sometimes I sound like utter crap but I know and believe I can sing and I will continue to do so. But I still need to be lectured on how can one enjoy the music I asked about. Please entertain me. I have so many questions to ask, even my friends can't answer all of them for me. (I'm a really curious person)
    Lyrics don't mean everything. For example, there's a Japanese metal band called Concerto Moon who are purely instrumental in some of their songs, and they sound amazing. I enjoy a lot of metal music (Thrash metal and Power Metal prominently) because most songs have some amazing guitar solos that make you wonder how anyone could ever replicate it. In some things, lyrics do play a part. It's not all about the screaming/growling that you'd typically associate with metal music (well, a fair few people assume all metal music is "screamo"). For example, Metallica have several themes in their songs, like war, suicide and being executed by electric chair, which leads to some interesting lyrics.
    I'd give videos but I'm not too sure you'd bother, but certain songs have some parts of it that sound brilliant. It'd be a similar thing with your Korean Pop example. There's parts in certain songs that you enjoy. It's the same for most songs, but it depends on what the person likes.

Hopefully that answers a few questions.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    Well. If your trying to lose weight your probably better off going with like a actual diet+exercise. Not that dancing games are not exercise but like. Running biking swimming stuff like that (Cardio basically) is generally going to benifit weight loss more then dancing games . .
    Um, that's not answering my question.

For those who are wondering why I'm so hellbent on DDR and Stepmania:

Regular exercise hasn't benefited me more than dance games. I have lost 40+ pounds in one summer, one multiple occasions, using Dance Dance Revolution and kept it off better. My diet is, more often than not, very healthy. Regular exercise just bores me to death, I have no transportation to a gym being in college without a car, and I have asthma so I must stay indoors in polluted soCal. Especially during the summer.

I'll repeat my question. Does anyone know the best dancepad to buy for PC so I can play stepmania?

In Brazilian Portuguese, what would one say to greet a large number of people, like in a classroom? I know how to greet individuals (i.e, Oi, como vai vocę?), but I've no idea how I would greet a large multiple people at once. Like, in English, I would say "How y'all doing/How are you all doing?"

I'll repeat my question. Does anyone know the best dancepad to buy for PC so I can play stepmania?
    " The Best " dancepad would be one of those Metal Dancepads that emulate the feel of the arcade machines. Those seem to start at around $150 these days, though.

Lately i've listened to music in my iphone and after pressing the pause button of its corresponding earphones it popes up the screen of voice control and then randomly changed my playlist to some album it chose to play. It wasn't this way before. Anybody knows how i can bring it back to normal?

How do I get into archery? It seems interesting to me
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    You can probably Google or ask around for archery clubs in your areas - I think they exist in quite a lot of places, actually. They can help you get started out.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    I teach archery at a Girl Scout camp. All you really have to do is look around for programs at camps and things. Most cities have shooting ranges somewhere nearby. My certification is through USA Archery, and their website has all kinds of programs and things for people who want to get into it. (If you live in the United States, of course. If you live in another country, I'm sure your country has a similar organization.)

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I know there are diverse answers to this (and I already did my research on this), but I'm just curious. When it comes to applying for high-paying jobs and the recruiters ask you for a desired hourly wage or salary, how would you respond to it?

(feel free to use any field...business, science, IT, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Lately i've listened to music in my iphone and after pressing the pause button of its corresponding earphones it popes up the screen of voice control and then randomly changed my playlist to some album it chose to play. It wasn't this way before. Anybody knows how i can bring it back to normal?
    I had a similar problem about a year ago, if I remember correctly, the headphones were faulty. If you have another pair of headphones with controls (or maybe borrow a pair from a friend if you don't) try using them for a bit and see if the problem still occurs.

Do you know, the muffin man?

No but seriously, anyone know a good website for offroad parts for Jeeps?

Okay, so I'm writing a formal essay based on literature which has to be properly referenced etc. I've been using websites which have chapter summaries of the books and I was just wondering whether I needed to cite these or not? The information that is on them is basically what is in the book, just in shortened form, and since I'm already citing the books, I didn't think I would need to. I'm not sure, though.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    I know there are diverse answers to this (and I already did my research on this), but I'm just curious. When it comes to applying for high-paying jobs and the recruiters ask you for a desired hourly wage or salary, how would you respond to it?

(feel free to use any field...business, science, IT, etc.)
    From what I learned trying to get a job as a student, one of the better responses that I found was that you shouldn't give a definite answer but literally say "a wage/salary etc that we both believe matches my skill level or abilities" or something along those lines. I haven't been asked this question since the jobs I applied for were one day a week minimum wage type jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Okay, so I'm writing a formal essay based on literature which has to be properly referenced etc. I've been using websites which have chapter summaries of the books and I was just wondering whether I needed to cite these or not? The information that is on them is basically what is in the book, just in shortened form, and since I'm already citing the books, I didn't think I would need to. I'm not sure, though.
    If your absolutely positive that the website has the same info as the book then go ahead and cite the book only. It'll clog up your reference list at the end if you cite both for the same info. Or what you could do is cite the book, then follow up by citing the website. Though you must be careful that th website is credible.
    Last edited by Darth Sabreus; 10th August 2013 at 2:06 PM.

For the past few days I've been trying to get an account started on Smashboards, but for some reason I keep getting this error message:

"It seems like you already registered an account on our website. If you believe this is an error, please contact us"

I don't remember ever starting an account or even seeing the forum before recently. I don't think its a computer issue, considering I tried to do the same thing on my android. I tried contacting those in charge on the site too, but no one's even replied. Thoughts?

P.S I still enjoy coming on these forums. lol

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    For the past few days I've been trying to get an account started on Smashboards, but for some reason I keep getting this error message:

"It seems like you already registered an account on our website. If you believe this is an error, please contact us"

I don't remember ever starting an account or even seeing the forum before recently. I don't think its a computer issue, considering I tried to do the same thing on my android. I tried contacting those in charge on the site too, but no one's even replied. Thoughts?

P.S I still enjoy coming on these forums. lol
    Try clicking a Forgot Password button somewhere and enter your email address and see what happens. Maybe you registered way back but can't remember? I don't know, but if you used that email to sign up, that's probably why it says you've already got an account, unless it is a genuine error.

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Try clicking a Forgot Password button somewhere and enter your email address and see what happens. Maybe you registered way back but can't remember? I don't know, but if you used that email to sign up, that's probably why it says you've already got an account, unless it is a genuine error.
    I tried that as well, but it still didn't work.

Try clearing your cookies, someone might of used your computer, or internet connection to sign up before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Try clearing your cookies, someone might of used your computer, or internet connection to sign up before.
    I believe I just cleared my cookies, but nothing's changed. I'm pretty much the only one who uses this computer, so the chances of someone signing up before are slim. Could it be because I use Internet Explorer or something like that?

Possibly. IE sucks, try doing it with Google Chrome or Firefox. Another thing is that someone else in your house might use the same internet/router on another computer. Sometimes this causes the devices in the house to share an IP address. If Smashboards checks your sign-up by IP, you may need to change it.

Possibly. IE sucks, try doing it with Google Chrome or Firefox. Another thing is that someone else in your house might use the same internet/router on another computer. Sometimes this causes the devices in the house to share an IP address. If Smashboards checks your sign-up by IP, you may need to change it.
    Hmm. That makes sense. My mom has an android that she uses, so I guess the whole IP thing is possible. How would I change it?

P.S Sorry for all the questions

Unplug your router for about 10 minutes. The restart your computer before you plug the router back in. A combination of that should usually do it. I also recommended using a different browser. IE tends to store things you don't want in the background process.

Unplug your router for about 10 minutes. The restart your computer before you plug the router back in. A combination of that should usually do it. I also recommended using a different browser. IE tends to store things you don't want in the background process.
    I tried that as well, but I still got an error. I must not be doing something right, but I don't know what. I wonder if someone gave me a link to the page that you make an account on will help. If that doesn't work, I might have to forget about it for the time being.

Only other thing I can think of is using a different E-mail. Create a free one and see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    I had a similar problem about a year ago, if I remember correctly, the headphones were faulty. If you have another pair of headphones with controls (or maybe borrow a pair from a friend if you don't) try using them for a bit and see if the problem still occurs.
    Yes! It did work! I've bought another pair of headphones and so far it works quite good.
    How do i say the verb overdue in a passive form in english? Is it used in this tense at all?

The saying "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" leads one to believe that indeed a woodchuck cannot chuck wood, if it cannot chuck wood, then why is it called a woodchuck?

Page 100 of 113 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast