Page 104 of 113 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2824

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

How old do kittens have to be in order to live without their mother?

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    How old do kittens have to be in order to live without their mother?
    If you start weaning at four weeks, then usually they'll be able to eat solid food by the time they're eight-ten weeks old. (Got this from the Internet, not personal experience)

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

What's the best treatment for overtiredness?
    My Friend Code: 3625 - 8659 - 5865

Friend Safari: Water Type - Bibarel, Wartortle, Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dranzer View Post
    Sleep. More often & for longer. Don't stay up stupidly late either.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dranzer View Post
    Try to tackle the root cause of the problem. If it's just that you're not sleeping enough, then sleep more. If it's due to stress or something, find somebody to talk it through with or try to take out more time for yourself.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Just when is it grammatically appropriate to use "my friend and I...", as opposed to "me and my friend..."? How do you determine which one to use in speech, and in what contexts are they grammatically correct?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Just when is it grammatically appropriate to use "my friend and I...", as opposed to "me and my friend..."? How do you determine which one to use in speech, and in what contexts are they grammatically correct?
    The easiest way is to try and construct the sentence without the "my friend" in it. Make sure it's a grammatically correct sentence, then just insert "My friend and" at the beginning. For example:

"I went to the park" would be "My friend and I went to the park"
    "The dog looked at me" would be "The dog looked at me and my friend"

What people tend to do is get told that "Me and my friend did this..." is wrong, and then they'll go to the other extreme and use "My friend and I" in all cases. But if you just use the strategy above, you can get it right every time. Just use I or me in the right way and add the extra person to it - it's not as complex a rule as some people think.

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    The easiest way is to try and construct the sentence without the "my friend" in it. Make sure it's a grammatically correct sentence, then just insert "My friend and" at the beginning. For example:

"I went to the park" would be "My friend and I went to the park"
    "The dog looked at me" would be "The dog looked at me and my friend"

What people tend to do is get told that "Me and my friend did this..." is wrong, and then they'll go to the other extreme and use "My friend and I" in all cases. But if you just use the strategy above, you can get it right every time. Just use I or me in the right way and add the extra person to it - it's not as complex a rule as some people think.
    That's how I was told to do it, too. To add on to this, here is how it would look if it was wrong:

"Me and my friend went to the park." This is wrong because "Me went to the park" is not a grammatically correct sentence.
    "The dog looked at my friend and I" is wrong because "The dog looked at I" is not a grammatically correct sentence.

The is one more thing about this rule, though, that Roseheart didn't mention - although it is technically grammatically correct to say, "The dog looked at me and my friend", it is BETTER to say "The dog looked at my friend and me", because you are actually always supposed to put yourself LAST out of courtesy when you are talking. A lot of people don't know that and that's one of the reasons that I can't STAND it when people say "Me and my friend went to the park" - firstly, because it is grammatically incorrect, and secondly, because it is a very selfish, arrogant way to word that sentence.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

When you mods are gonna start changing the nicknames for the ones who asked for it [if possible, also mention the timezone according to which you're working]? I'd like to know by when I edit my post on that thread.
    Last edited by Seven Years of Letters; 31st October 2013 at 12:39 PM.

Also, not every name gets changed at the same time. This thread gets a ton of posts and it's not always feasible to set aside a several-hour time block where I get them all done at once. I usually go through the thread in order of who posted
    i'm not sure why you'd need to edit your post but do it soon?? don't leave it til the last second
    life is
    a game

i am usually the only one who does names and i try to do it within a month after the thread is closed, but if i get super busy that might not happen. my timezone is irrelevant because i come on at random times all the time. also you cant edit anything after the thread is closed so if you dont do it before tonight when i close it you're stuck with what's in the thread.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I'm trying to ask a question about help creating a rollover image for my signature. Do I post it here or on the Advice Thread?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Is there anyway to 'hide' one's friends' activity on the forum the way one can do on Facebook, or the only way is to delete them for good?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Is there anyway to 'hide' one's friends' activity on the forum the way one can do on Facebook, or the only way is to delete them for good?
    You can add people to your "ignore list", but then that would kind of defeat the purpose of having them on your friends list. I know what you mean, though - I have a bunch of people (that will remain unnamed) that constantly fill up my feed with post after post in the games section. Or, if you want, you could always just go into the tab that only has your posts in it.

My question: Is there an adjective that means "two-worded"? Like, how the word "supernatural" is one word (mono-something?) and "super natural" means something else and is two words (di- or bi-something?)? I'm writing a paper on Frankenstein and I need to differentiate between the two.

About Final Fantasy III Mognet system: Can I add friend codes I found on Forums topics dated from 5 years ago and send messages to those people even if they have probably since then stopped playing or do they have to add me back too ?

I know that game is outdated but I started re-playing it yesterday and wanted to finally unlock the side quests...
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those

Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by Ze DreamGirl View Post
    About Final Fantasy III Mognet system: Can I add friend codes I found on Forums topics dated from 5 years ago and send messages to those people even if they have probably since then stopped playing or do they have to add me back too ?

I know that game is outdated but I started re-playing it yesterday and wanted to finally unlock the side quests...
    You'll need to find someone who is currently playing, as they need to add you back.

BTW: my FF3 FC : 5113 7881 0557
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Thanks...I hope it'll work since I am French and thus have the French version of the game...

I'll add you once I get home and can switch the WiFi to Wep. Would you mind PM me your friend code please so that I don't have to dig it through the topic.

And I'll Pm you back once I know my own code ^^
    Last edited by Ze DreamGirl; 18th November 2013 at 4:55 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those

Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

If someone has a GMT of +8, where abouts in Asia are they most likely to live?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    If someone has a GMT of +8, where abouts in Asia are they most likely to live?
    Mongolia, mid-china, or malaysia
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    My question: Is there an adjective that means "two-worded"? Like, how the word "supernatural" is one word (mono-something?) and "super natural" means something else and is two words (di- or bi-something?)? I'm writing a paper on Frankenstein and I need to differentiate between the two.
    The only thing I can think of to differentiate between those two is "simple" and "compound". A compound word is when you take two unrelated words and stick them together and make one word that often means something completely different than the two separate words. "Supernatural", "bedtime", "masterpiece", and "moonlight" are all examples of compound words. There's no word for two separated single words - in your case, "super" is an adjective describing the word "natural", which could be an adjective or noun depending on how you use it. I would describe "super natural" as "two simple words".

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Who designs the serrebii.net homepage banner at the top of the screen?

You can find the complete archive + who made each one here.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

How do flamingoes get their color from their food? How do their skin/feather pigments change?

Why are there 2 different groups of players in darts? E.g: 1 group features people like Phil Taylor & Eric Bristow and in the other group you have Bobby George & Tony O'Shea. I don't get why they can't just be one massive group.

Hey. There are sooo many pictures available for avatars. Is there any search engine on which one writes the name of a pokemon and then it shows all the pics of it which are available for using? It could really help out to get some direction on that index.

Page 104 of 113 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast