Page 107 of 113 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2823

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Trade Shop.
    X FC: 1006 0385 8652 IGN: Mr.Brightside
    Come try your hand at solving my questions, and win yourself some pokemon

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...9#post17399689

Okay, well, first go to the Trade Shop section, and be sure to read the rules. Make sure you are offering/looking for at least 10 pokemon, and post a thread with the title of you trade shop, and with at least 10 pokemon you are offering/looking for in the opening post, and then you have to wait for a mod to approve of your thread(Trade shop). If you want, you can go to the art section and request some cool banners to show off your shop, but you don't have to. And if your thread doesn't get approved, check here and see if there is anything wrong with the thread you submitted.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Kind of a weird question, but are your cousin's kids considered your nieces and nephews?
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    Kind of a weird question, but are your cousin's kids considered your nieces and nephews?
    No, they ate your 1st cousins, once removed.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Okay guys, I have a question. I have some MP4 files, and I want to be able to put them on a DVD and be able to play them on your average DVD player. What kind of file should I convert the MP4 to so it'll be able to play like this?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

What is this? I remember a number of us would scribble it on things at elementary school but I don't think any of us knew what it was, or at least I didn't.

i think it's just something cool that's easy for people to draw. we used to do it in the 90s and apparently people have been doing it everywhere for decades and it seems like no one really knows where it came from. just one of those things that kids teach each other that gets around i guess
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    What is this? I remember a number of us would scribble it on things at elementary school but I don't think any of us knew what it was, or at least I didn't.
    Looks like a drawing of a stylized S. It is probably seem to be common to children because it is easy to draw. It is maybe something that is innate in all mankind, that we have similar aesthetic tastes such as those regarding geometric objects or likely a folk memory where it had clear origins passed down from one down to one generation to another memetically throughout cultures though now lost in the foggy forests of time beyond the fields we know. Looks like a drawing of a stylized S or maybe a snake, who can tell now?
    Last edited by DaDonYordel; 5th February 2014 at 9:15 AM. Reason: 2spook4me

Do you get informed if your shop DOESNT get approved?
    X FC: 1006 0385 8652 IGN: Mr.Brightside
    Come try your hand at solving my questions, and win yourself some pokemon

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...9#post17399689

Quote Originally Posted by ashcrimson777 View Post
    Do you get informed if your shop DOESNT get approved?
    Yes, A mod should contact you and tell you why it hasn't been approved. I think they do this.

How much do manga volumes typically cost in USD at conventions?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    How much do manga volumes typically cost in USD at conventions?
    The RRP for most manga books over here is between Ł5.99 to Ł7.99 over here. Which is about over 10 USD over in the states I think. Though I think it all varies depending on how popular, how old and how in demand it is.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Ok! I have a question about where to post a certain topic.

Here's the deal: I was recently hired by my local zoo as an educator and exhibit guide. It includes some job duties of both zookeepers and teachers, so thus far I have had some very exciting and interesting experiences. I have been keeping a journal of my experience, and I think everyone would find it interesting, so I want to share it. I would also take some time after each day's entry to list some facts pertaining to what happened in that day, so that readers can learn, too.

However... I'm not really sure in which section of the forum I would post this. Can anyone tell me where this would go?
    Last edited by Lass Brooke; 28th February 2014 at 9:31 AM.
    What time is it...??
    Happy time!!!

I have opened a brand new online art shop! Here it is: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SugarcookieStudios
    I sell handmade, very affordable charms and jewelry, and I am currently taking commissions for custom charms!
    If you want to commission a custom charm, PM me what you would like! I can do anything you might want, including any pokemon! ^^

tumblr or other blogging site tbh. if you want people here to read it put a link in your sig, but a daily thread wouldn't really work out unless people were guaranteed to post in it. i personally think it sounds interesting but i don't really think it belongs ON these forums
    life is
    a game

Don't forget to add tags to it so people can find it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I have a computer networking question regarding setting up a network.

So I need to draw a diagram of a network being set up. I know to set up a network it has to go:

Computer > Switch > Server > Router and then you would also have a wireless access point for laptops to connect but my question is:

I need to show that the computers are connected to a printer and joining the computers up to the printer with cables is wrong as I found out so how do I show in a diagram, not real life that the computers are synced with the printer?

Secondly, I also need to add a Firewall to the network and I'm unsure as to where I'd put it in the diagram. I originally put it after the server and before the router but that got marked wrong. Would it go after the router?

I hope this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Its the Super S.

Dont hate on it.

I have a problem with Open Office...the writing space is extremely small and I don't know how to make it bigger...

Quote Originally Posted by Ze DreamGirl View Post
    I have a problem with Open Office...the writing space is extremely small and I don't know how to make it bigger...
    I second this!

Also, are the Bose AE2 headphones any good? I am mainly into electric music and remixes atm.

Thanks!
    Too much water guys!

Should b I buy a tablet? If so which one do yall recommend?

(I fail to see why I should buy a tablet when my phone can do everything a tablet can but everyone has one so peer pressure I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post

(I fail to see why I should buy a tablet when my phone can do everything a tablet can but everyone has one so peer pressure I guess).
    If you don't have a tablet now and you don't absolutely need one for something (i.e., you'll only use it for the same things you use your phone for), then don't buy one. If you don't own a laptop and you want something to do things such as type papers on or edit photos and videos or do any of the thousands of things a computer can do that would be really difficult on a phone, then you need to decide what those things are and what the pros and cons of a laptop vs a tablet are.

Personally, I have a laptop and a smartphone and I have never felt the need for a tablet, ever, since it's basically a laptop with a non-physical keyboard. However, if you do a lot of traveling and a lot of computer work while traveling, you might want to invest in one of those mini touchscreen-tablets that fold down onto a soft keyboard instead of a laptop or a tablet. Peer pressure/"everyone has one" is NEVER a reason to drop hundreds of dollars on a gadget that you don't need.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post

If you can't find a reason to buy one, it's probably a sign that you don't need it.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If you don't have a tablet now and you don't absolutely need one for something (i.e., you'll only use it for the same things you use your phone for), then don't buy one. If you don't own a laptop and you want something to do things such as type papers on or edit photos and videos or do any of the thousands of things a computer can do that would be really difficult on a phone, then you need to decide what those things are and what the pros and cons of a laptop vs a tablet are.

Personally, I have a laptop and a smartphone and I have never felt the need for a tablet, ever, since it's basically a laptop with a non-physical keyboard. However, if you do a lot of traveling and a lot of computer work while traveling, you might want to invest in one of those mini touchscreen-tablets that fold down onto a soft keyboard instead of a laptop or a tablet. Peer pressure/"everyone has one" is NEVER a reason to drop hundreds of dollars on a gadget that you don't need.
    But I 'll be stimulating the economy though. Lol.

I guess you are right, I never saw the appeal to them anyway.

The wheels of my roller-blades are all worn out, how much will it cost to buy some good replacement fitness wheels?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Regarding tablets, they can actually be really useful for two things. One, they make really good e-readers (hence why Kindle makes tablets). Two, they're really great if you want to access something like the Internet, email applications, or Office documents (some tablets come with software that can open Word/Excel/Powerpoint files and let you make new ones, essentially a portable Office). I used the latter quite often to open up power point lectures for a class and type notes on it with a keyboard I had purchased for it. It can do a lot of things a laptop can, but it's MUCH more portable than a laptop and is usually harder to get a virus on. That having been said, I don't use it as much nowadays, since there's a program I use a lot at work that is not available as an app for my tablet.

It also depends on how "advanced" your phone is. For me having a tablet was rather worth it since my smart phone was rather old and didn't handle Internet that well, and since my laptop was rather heavy.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Page 107 of 113 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast