Page 108 of 113 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2824

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

  1. #2676
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    reading on a tablet is bad (especially when a kindle costs $60). lcd screens have nothing on e-ink if you want to use it for reading
    life is
    a game

  2. #2677
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere Invisible
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Sorry if this is the wrong kind of question to ask here, but is there anyone here who's a chess player? Or is interested in learning more about the various aspects of the game? You don't have to be really good at it or anything; I was just wondering.

  3. #2678
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Blaine, MN
    Posts
    316

    Default

    I used to play chess a lot when I was younger. I don't want to learn chess notation though.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

    VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

  4. #2679
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas, San Antonio
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Little question that i do not know where to ask elsewhere:
    I am planning on upgrading my pitiful 4GB of Ram to 8/16. I have 4GB in only one slot. Can i put 8GB of ram in the other slot or i do i have to buy another 4GB upgrade so that they match?
    If so, do every slot has to be a matching pair?

    *Credits to my sister for the Banner made from scratch*
    Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)
    FC: 4527-8908-8969
    IGN: Ryuken

  5. #2680
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiescence View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong kind of question to ask here, but is there anyone here who's a chess player? Or is interested in learning more about the various aspects of the game? You don't have to be really good at it or anything; I was just wondering.
    When I was in high school, I was in the top 30% on our Chess Team That's something not a lot of people know about me.

    I haven't played in years, though, and I certainly don't remember the chess notation.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  6. #2681
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    Little question that i do not know where to ask elsewhere:
    I am planning on upgrading my pitiful 4GB of Ram to 8/16. I have 4GB in only one slot. Can i put 8GB of ram in the other slot or i do i have to buy another 4GB upgrade so that they match?
    If so, do every slot has to be a matching pair?
    It really depends on the system Motherboard, but often you'll need to use matching pair for system memory.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  7. #2682
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiescence View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong kind of question to ask here, but is there anyone here who's a chess player? Or is interested in learning more about the various aspects of the game? You don't have to be really good at it or anything; I was just wondering.
    I'm a chess player. Not professionally or for a team or anything but I enjoy the game and know the rules.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  8. #2683
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere Invisible
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Okay. The reason I asked was because I was thinking about starting a chess club here at SPPf but I need somebody to be a co-owner. (I'll PM that person with the reasons and details if anyone's interested)

    (Sorry if this is the wrong way to go about creating a club, but I'm still new to this business.

  9. #2684
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiescence View Post
    Okay. The reason I asked was because I was thinking about starting a chess club here at SPPf but I need somebody to be a co-owner. (I'll PM that person with the reasons and details if anyone's interested)

    (Sorry if this is the wrong way to go about creating a club, but I'm still new to this business.
    I would be interested but I don't know how it would work...
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  10. #2685
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    What does OTP stand for word for word? I know it has to do with a persons preferred shipping, but I never could figure out what it actually stands for.

  11. #2686
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    What does OTP stand for word for word? I know it has to do with a persons preferred shipping, but I never could figure out what it actually stands for.
    It stands for one true pairing.

  12. #2687
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    It stands for one true pairing.
    I never would have guessed that. Thanks.

  13. #2688
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Very important question:

    Are there any issues with shaving / trimming your *** hair? My girlfriend thinks it's gross and I need to get rid of it, but that stuff is important isn't it? It serves some important functions, certainly

    if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

  14. #2689
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Very important question:

    Are there any issues with shaving / trimming your *** hair? My girlfriend thinks it's gross and I need to get rid of it, but that stuff is important isn't it? It serves some important functions, certainly
    [If you're referring to the hair around your 'hole', then no. Pubes really serve no function anymore, so it's safe to shave to please the lady. ]

    (I saw this on the Discovery Channel once, which is how I know that. I looked into it more. )

    Did I really just answer that...?
    Last edited by Clone™; 20th March 2014 at 10:14 PM.

  15. #2690
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Oh cool. I figured it was a good sweat absorbent or something.

    This conversation is gross.

    if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

  16. #2691
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Oh cool. I figured it was a good sweat absorbent or something.

    This conversation is gross.
    Yes it is...

  17. #2692
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Yes it is...
    Exactly, so that is a function. How can you say pubes have no function >_<

    Now I'm undecided again will the sweat like be 10x more uncomfortable without hair?

    EDIT: YOU MEANT THE CONVERSATION WAS GROSS OH. Well my question still stands

    if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

  18. #2693
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Exactly, so that is a function. How can you say pubes have no function >_<

    Now I'm undecided again will the sweat like be 10x more uncomfortable without hair?

    EDIT: YOU MEANT THE CONVERSATION WAS GROSS OH. Well my question still stands
    I was talking about the convo, so yeah, stick to the edit

    Pubes have very little absorption, so you're good

    If this answers your question, can we pls move on?

  19. #2694
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    I was talking about the convo, so yeah, stick to the edit

    Pubes have very little absorption, so you're good

    If this answers your question, can we pls move on?
    Okay, we can move on assuming this means there are essentially no major things I'll regret after I shave my *** pubes

    if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

  20. #2695
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Okay, we can move on assuming this means there are essentially no major things I'll regret after I shave my *** pubes
    I highly doubt you'd regret anything. You please the lady, thvts the only change really.

  21. #2696
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    I highly doubt you'd regret anything. You please the lady, thvts the only change really.
    Okay. Thank you for steeling the nerves to answer my nasty *** question

    if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

  22. #2697
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Okay. Thank you for steeling the nerves to answer my nasty *** question
    Shaving your pubic hair doesn't affect you or benefit you in any way so there's no harm in shaving them. Especially since they will grow back if you don't like your new look.

    But yes, the conversation is strange for a Pokemon forum lol.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  23. #2698
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    How do I calculate the odds of something happening after a specific number of trials? Suppose I'm out in a field catching balls that are thrown to me. Let's say that for each ball I attempt to catch there's a 10% chance that I will drop it. How might I calculate the odds that I will drop the ball at least once after three attempts?



  24. #2699
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Do I have to pre book tickets for a midnight screening of a film in the cinema?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  25. #2700
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Do I have to pre book tickets for a midnight screening of a film in the cinema?
    You do if you want I get tickets. Then again it depends on how hyped up the movie is.

Page 108 of 113 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •