Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2819

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    You do if you want I get tickets. Then again it depends on how hyped up the movie is.
    I'd say a highly anticipated new Marvel film would be big enough for pre booking.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    I highly doubt you'd regret anything. You please the lady, thvts the only change really.
    Make sure you use the right kind of razor, though; otherwise you'll get razor burn.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 1 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Is it possible to see a list of all your posts in a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    No such feature exists. All you can do is look through your post history.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    I'd say a highly anticipated new Marvel film would be big enough for pre booking.
    Then pre book them. You kinda answered your own question there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    When viewing a thread, at the top of the thread there is an option called "Search thread". Click it, go to "Advanced search" and type in your username.

Button by WereDragn
    Looking for Feedback (no registration required)
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Headache View Post
    When viewing a thread, at the top of the thread there is an option called "Search thread". Click it, go to "Advanced search" and type in your username.
    Thank you :3

Alternatively, you can click the number of posts it has in it on the forum page, and a list of names in descending order appear. Click on the post next to your name (or anyone elses) to see all the posts they have made.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Me being an Australian can someone please tell me what Obamacare is and why it's a problem?

Does anyone here speak fluent Japanese? I'm translating a manga, and I've run into two words that neither Denshi Jisho nor Google seem to be able to find. The first is "yogozan" (written in hiragana) in front of "shita;" it's an adjective phrase. The second word is "pa-tsumisu," written in katakana. I can provide context if needed.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 1 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

How many licks does it take to get the center of a Tootsie Pop? IF SOMEONE DOESN'T ANSWER THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    Me being an Australian can someone please tell me what Obamacare is and why it's a problem?
    Many people are unable to sign up for it due to problems with the website. As far as I know, that's the main complaint.

Obamacare is basically The United State's answer to universal healthcare. Since I'm not really invested into American politics, from what I'm aware there are many people who are against it because of tax dollars going there. The website used to (At least I think they were fixed) had some technical errors where people couldn't sign up. It's a major breakthrough for the United States because now they have an opportunity for healthcare being offered to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    Does anyone here speak fluent Japanese? I'm translating a manga, and I've run into two words that neither Denshi Jisho nor Google seem to be able to find. The first is "yogozan" (written in hiragana) in front of "shita;" it's an adjective phrase. The second word is "pa-tsumisu," written in katakana. I can provide context if needed.
    I'm sorry to say that I don't If it was French or German I could've helped you out but Japanese (or any language with an alternate alphabet) boggles me.

Star-Lord

Hopefully this doesn't open too big of a can of worms, and I'm going to try to explain it as neutrally as possible without putting my personal opinion in it. Also, I live in the United States.

The United States does not have socialized health care. Prior to a couple of years ago, if you wanted health care, you either bought your own health insurance from an insurance company, or you paid your medical bills out-of-pocket. Therefore, many very poor people did not (and do not) have health insurance and they avoided going to the doctor or hospital because they couldn't afford it. So when Obama got elected the second time, he decided to change that, and he passed a law saying that you MUST buy health insurance or pay a very large fee on your taxes every year. So then the government provided government health insurance, which is supposed to be affordable. But when they opened their website, it was a complete disaster and full of glitches and basically a testament to why you don't want the government running your health care.

There are a couple of problems stemming from this. First, requiring by law that everyone have health care and then offering government health care doesn't make it any easier for poor people to afford health care. People who still can't afford this extra expense because they have a minimum-wage job and are raising children on it paycheck-to-paycheck still aren't going to be able to afford it, and are going to have a tax penalty, just taking more money away from them that they already don't have. Another problem is that in our government's infinite wisdom regarding economics, they actually ended up RAISING most middle-class Americans' insurance premiums because the non-government companies have to charge more to stay in business. This has caused middle-class Americans to not be able to afford health insurance anymore, forcing them to pay MORE for Obamacare than they were for their old company, and Obamacare is a WORSE health insurance plan than they had originally.

A third, but minor, issue that arose was some disgusting ads that the government put out for Obamacare that were aimed at college-age kids. The one I remember most was a girl holding birth control pills, looking scandalously at the camera, with words next to her that said, "Let's get Physical! He's hot! Let's hope he's as easy to get as this birth control. My health insurance covers the pill, so all I have to worry about is getting him between the covers. I'm insured." SERIOUSLY?!!! This is a GOVERNMENT ad aimed at COLLEGE STUDENTS. This offends me in so many ways that I just don't even.... but anyway, that's an argument for another day and I'm not linking a picture of it because it disturbs me and there are children on this forum.

The main reason that people are so upset, though, is that originally, Obamacare required that all companies add contraception and abortion coverage to their health insurance plans for their employees. This raised a huge sh*t-storm because 50% of Americans believe that abortion is wrong, and millions of people also believe that certain forms, if not all forms, of contraception are wrong. Most of these companies and people believe this for religious reasons, and so there are massive amounts of people suing the government right now because they will have to close their businesses if the government requires that they pay for contraception or abortion. This includes a very substantial number hospitals in the United States, as many hospitals here are run by Christians. I absolutely do not want to get into an abortion debate on this thread so we'll leave it at that.

Obamacare has been delayed for years because of the massive uproar about it. It's been rewritten so that churches and other religious organizations are exempt from parts of it now, but there are still ongoing arguments about it.

If I got any of this wrong (as I am not a major follower of politics), feel free to correct me. Just please do it courteously and let's not start a religious debate. Go to the Debate subforum for that.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Obamacare is a series of subsidized insurance plans geared at getting people on low or moderate incomes to get health insurance. Each state has the opportunity to create a state website that provides a list of eligible plans or they can defer to the national website. The point of contention is two fold. First the belief of some in America that a person shouldn't be forced to buy health insurance, which if they refuse to they will be penalized a certain amount. Second is the belief that many of the young and healthy people will take the penalty instead of entering into the system, this would cause rates to skyrocket for those with insurance as the only ones signing up would be sick people.

It's pretty confusing and there is a lot more but I hope I provided the best non partisan answer I can give you
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Obamacare is a series of subsidized insurance plans geared at getting people on low or moderate incomes to get health insurance. Each state has the opportunity to create a state website that provides a list of eligible plans or they can defer to the national website. The point of contention is two fold. First the belief of some in America that a person shouldn't be forced to buy health insurance, which if they refuse to they will be penalized a certain amount. Second is the belief that many of the young and healthy people will take the penalty instead of entering into the system, this would cause rates to skyrocket for those with insurance as the only ones signing up would be sick people.

It's pretty confusing and there is a lot more but I hope I provided the best non partisan answer I can give you
    More or less accurate as a non-partisan answer, though states also have the option to expand their Medicaid programs to include parents and adults who have no dependents with incomes up to 138% of the federal poverty level (slightly over $16,000 for a household of 1, up to about $33,000 for a household of 4).

As of right now, 26 states and the District of Columbia have expanded Medicaid, 4 more (Utah, Missouri, Pennsylvania and Virginia) are currently considering it, and several more might expand it after this year (particularly Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Tennessee).

(Of course, a third point of contention is that because of the cutoff for Medicaid eligibility being at 138% of the FPL, and the fact that the subsidies on the exchange plans are somewhat less comprehensive than they could be, there is a sizable number of people, the coverage donut hole, for whom no realistic budgetary choice will be available but to take the penalty.)
    Last edited by John Madden; 14th April 2014 at 7:08 AM.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

If someone was born in Hong Kong, but moved to India when they were 8 and the parents are 100% Indian and Anglo-Indian (So 50%/50%?) what nationality are they?

I think it's 50% Chinese, 25% Indian and 25% Anglo but my friend won't believe it.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

If someone was born in Hong Kong, but moved to India when they were 8 and the parents are 100% Indian and Anglo-Indian (So 50%/50%?) what nationality are they?

I think it's 50% Chinese, 25% Indian and 25% Anglo but my friend won't believe it.

Id say your Indian and Chinese <3
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

To be honest, I think nationality is mostly (unofficially) decided by the person themselves. If they child was born in Hong Kong, but hardly remembers it, then they may not consider themselves Chinese at all. Officially, though, I'm pretty sure it just depends on passports.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Being born in Hong Kong they would at least have citizenship there; as for Nationality I'd say their Heritage comes from from China, India and Anglo. Tho it is up to the person to decide for them self.

Do people bootleg books? I just ordered something off Amazon and received it. The cover looks like a poor JPEG quality scan. There isn't even any publication information anywhere in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Do people bootleg books? I just ordered something off Amazon and received it. The cover looks like a poor JPEG quality scan. There isn't even any publication information anywhere in it.
    Sometimes, and it is possible. But I personally doubt it.

"Self publishers" who sell Via Amazon's CreateSpace do sometimes upload for the own work, and the requirements are mainly technical. The Author could have not place any Publication information in it. Since I haven't used it myself, or purchased a physical book using that service. I can't say exactly if this was the case. My book is in eBook format only.

Weird thing is, I was actually at a book fare chatting to an Author when you posted that.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

The book is The Three Musketeers. And I should be on the lookout for book fairs in my area. Been getting back into reading.

People can bootleg anything that's feasible and which they think they can make a good profit off of. You may notice that bootleg paintings are often copies of very famous works, because there's a lot of demand for those and thus they sell for a high price. Same with books. Especially now with it being much easier to print a book, it's quite feasible to create a bootleg. Your situation raises two red flags: one, the lack of publication information ("official" books should have that information on the inside cover and/or first page), and two, the fact that your particular book is a timeless classic. With the latter, it's the same situation as the paintings; it's popular and thus will sell reliably well. So I'd say it's pretty likely that your book is a bootleg...

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Just out of curiosity, could you upload pictures of the first two or three pages of the book?

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 LastLast