Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 2824

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

  1. #2726
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Zeppelin Rules!
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    It's not a bootleg, per se; The Three Musketeers is not copyrighted in the US, and anyone with the means and mind to may print off copies and sell them. Similarly, you should be able to find it for free on any eBook device.

    Still, if what you got is not what you ordered, you should be able to complain to Amazon to get a refund/replacement. Also, if they did such a shoddy job on the cover of something they were planning on selling, then who knows what sort of translation they used?

  2. #2727
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Do people bootleg books? I just ordered something off Amazon and received it. The cover looks like a poor JPEG quality scan. There isn't even any publication information anywhere in it.
    Oh yes, very much yes.
    I like owning hard copy's of books, I hate digital versions, so I don't do it often, but, if there is a book that I really don't know is worth my time, I will look for it. And almost always I can find it, if I am still interested after reading a page or 2, I will go out and buy the hard copy, but I won't read the book for free. But in answer to your question yes, yes they do.

    And like it was said, The Three Musketeers is not copyrighted, so you can basically get it for free, I know that you can get it for free off the amazon book store, and I'm pretty sure that it's legit, but I've never read that book, so I can't say for sure.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  3. #2728
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    So, last month I had a chest infection, and it was really bad. At the moment, I'm mostly recovered. I'm still coughing (kind of mucousy) and I've got a slight sore throat, but I don't know if that's from some other infection or not.
    Just wondering when it would be okay to go back to exercise? Should I wait until I'm completely not coughing anymore, or would I be okay now? Thanks.

    Also, on a completely unrelated matter, there seems to be a quirk with our Broadband. Basically, there is one certain phone in the house which, when plugged in, causes our Internet speed to drop to about 15 kilobytes per second. We have to leave it unplugged in order to be able to use our Internet reasonably. Just wondering if anybody had any ideas as to why it's happening? It's not a huge problem or anything, but I just find it interesting.
    Last edited by Roseheart95; 20th May 2014 at 12:43 PM.

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    "For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

    My Animelist


  4. #2729
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Zeppelin Rules!
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    So, last month I had a chest infection, and it was really bad. At the moment, I'm mostly recovered. I'm still coughing (kind of mucousy) and I've got a slight sore throat, but I don't know if that's from some other infection or not.
    Just wondering when it would be okay to go back to exercise? Should I wait until I'm completely not coughing anymore, or would I be okay now? Thanks.
    Can't say I have any actual medical training on this kind of thing, but if you do it in moderation, you should be fine. When I was 15, I got double pneumonia, and when I got back to school 3 weeks later, they didn't place any specific restrictions on me, so I'd assume you're in the same boat.

    But I do mean moderation. I got too into a game of floor hockey or something in gym class around that time, went too hard for too long, and I just remember being wheezy and having a sore throat/lungs for a long time afterward, which was absolutely no fun.

    Also, on a completely unrelated matter, there seems to be a quirk with our Broadband. Basically, there is one certain phone in the house which, when plugged in, causes our Internet speed to drop to about 15 kilobytes per second. We have to leave it unplugged in order to be able to use our Internet reasonably. Just wondering if anybody had any ideas as to why it's happening? It's not a huge problem or anything, but I just find it interesting.
    Does the phone have a filter? I assume you'd notice something like that, but I think most newer phones have them built-in, so maybe you don't have any attached to your other phones. Is the phone in question older than your others? Have you tried plugging it in with a filter?

  5. #2730
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Does the phone have a filter? I assume you'd notice something like that, but I think most newer phones have them built-in, so maybe you don't have any attached to your other phones. Is the phone in question older than your others? Have you tried plugging it in with a filter?
    It does have a filter, and the problem remained when I tried it with a different filter as well as its current one. As for the phone itself, it's pretty ancient, and definitely the oldest phone in the house.

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    "For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

    My Animelist


  6. #2731
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    It does have a filter, and the problem remained when I tried it with a different filter as well as its current one. As for the phone itself, it's pretty ancient, and definitely the oldest phone in the house.
    If you have dial up internet, that may be the problem. Back when I used to have it a few years ago, any time the phone was in use the internet all of a sudden became super slow, and would stay like that untill the phone was off.

  7. #2732
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    If you have dial up internet, that may be the problem. Back when I used to have it a few years ago, any time the phone was in use the internet all of a sudden became super slow, and would stay like that untill the phone was off.
    Nope; it's broadband. With our old dial-up, you literally could not use the phone at all when somebody was using the Internet, and only one computer could go on the Internet at a time... man, those were harsh times xD

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    "For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

    My Animelist


  8. #2733
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    with a shuckle
    Posts
    211

    Default

    I need a bit of help,so last night,i saw this bug,about 1 inch long,half an inch wide,and a bright red crawling on my wall,when i turned around to get something to kill it with,it was gone,should i be worried that there might be an entire nest of these things in my house?Or am i seeing things because it was midnight and i was tired?I really need to know if they are a problem or not.
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //


    credit to froststorm

  9. #2734
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worldwaker View Post
    I need a bit of help,so last night,i saw this bug,about 1 inch long,half an inch wide,and a bright red crawling on my wall,when i turned around to get something to kill it with,it was gone,should i be worried that there might be an entire nest of these things in my house?Or am i seeing things because it was midnight and i was tired?I really need to know if they are a problem or not.
    Bugs get in people's houses all the time. I had a hornet in my apartment yesterday. I wouldn't worry about it.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  10. #2735
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ~!The Milky Way!~
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    im really debating to go to mcdonalds for a kids meal for that XY thing. but that wont fill my tummy realistically, so i might have to get something else too.. T_T

    or I can just buy a stack of pokemon cards lol

    Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

    FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

  11. #2736
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    im really debating to go to mcdonalds for a kids meal for that XY thing. but that wont fill my tummy realistically, so i might have to get something else too.. T_T

    or I can just buy a stack of pokemon cards lol
    I don't know if they do this in America or not, but I'm pretty sure here you can just buy one of the Happy Meal toys by itself for a pound.

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    "For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

    My Animelist


  12. #2737
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ~!The Milky Way!~
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Im having trouble learning the front crawl in swimming :/ I can't get the arm stroke and breathing right.... yeah. my flutter kick seems fine though

    Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

    FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

  13. #2738
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The City by the Bay
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    Im having trouble learning the front crawl in swimming :/ I can't get the arm stroke and breathing right.... yeah. my flutter kick seems fine though
    It's easier for many people to sidebreathe on the same side. It's a completely acceptable form of breathing. However, this forces you to take a breath every 2 strokes, which slows you down, or every 4 strokes, in which case you might run out of air. Being able to breathe on both sides allows you to take a breath every 3 strokes, a perfect compromise. The best way to learn this method is really just to practice.

    Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

  14. #2739
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    76

    Default

    My random questions...
    1) Who is PewdiePie? I know he's a youtuber, but I have no idea why this dude is popular since I know nothing about him.
    2) Any track and field athletes on here, how do you increase your long/triple jump length?
    3) And lastly, why are things like VGC tournaments in doubles matches?

    I love to breed Pokémon! If you have a request, PM me. I'll breed you a Pokémon that you request!

    Current National Dex Status: 511/718
    "The only woman I'm pimping is sweet lady propane, and I'm tricking her out all over this town!"
    † Praise Him!†
    Profile Pic by Aminella of DeviantArt, Other pics from PMD Wikia

  15. #2740
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinderkitteh View Post
    My random questions...
    1) Who is PewdiePie? I know he's a youtuber, but I have no idea why this dude is popular since I know nothing about him.
    2) Any track and field athletes on here, how do you increase your long/triple jump length?
    3) And lastly, why are things like VGC tournaments in doubles matches?
    1) I don't know why PewdiePie is popular. I've watched some of his videos and I think he's really annoying and he grates on my nerves. I can't stand watching his videos.

    2) I can't answer this because I'm not a track and field athlete

    3) VGC tournaments are in Doubles because Doubles makes the metagame more fair. It prevents a lot of Pokemon from being overpowered and can help those that aren't as powerful.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  16. #2741
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinderkitteh View Post
    My random questions...
    1) Who is PewdiePie? I know he's a youtuber, but I have no idea why this dude is popular since I know nothing about him.
    2) Any track and field athletes on here, how do you increase your long/triple jump length?
    3) And lastly, why are things like VGC tournaments in doubles matches?
    -If i'm not mistaken, Pewdiepie is still the most subscribed person on youtube at the present time. He's popular because of his Let's play videos. I'm not really a fan myself, but i've watched most of his videos and he holds a pretty good relationship not only with his fans but people outside Youtube as well for his charity work ( i think he does a lot of charity with St. Jude)
    - No idea. My specialty was the discus.
    - I think because compared to singles and triples, doubles are the most fast-paced of game types and there's less potential to stall out.

    718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

  17. #2742
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinderkitteh View Post
    My random questions...
    1) Who is PewdiePie? I know he's a youtuber, but I have no idea why this dude is popular since I know nothing about him.
    2) Any track and field athletes on here, how do you increase your long/triple jump length?
    3) And lastly, why are things like VGC tournaments in doubles matches?
    Since the other questions have been answered, I guess I'll try for the second. Not exactly a track and field superstar, but I've been told a few basic tips, which I'm preettty sure you would know if you do track and field. For long jump, you're supposed to count your steps so that you jump perfectly off of the board. I'm pretty sure this also depends on whether or not your strides are equal/even. You also need to run very fast, by slowly building up from the starting position. I know some people who do a little hop at the beginning to gather momentum, or something like that. Long strides are good, but not so long that you slow down. When you jump, you're supposed to look straight ahead, not at the board, because apparently this makes you go faster. When you jump, you're supposed to try and jump high instead of far, and tuck your knees in. The momentum will carry you through. Land without injuring yourself, preferably on both feet (if you're landing on your feet-- I can't remember what part of your body you're supposed to land on-- some people land on their rear ends, but I'm not sure about the efficiency of that method). Something like that. :P

    As for triple jump, I've no idea.

  18. #2743
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Thanks to all for advice. I always wondered why they used doubles instead of singles in VGC...

    I love to breed Pokémon! If you have a request, PM me. I'll breed you a Pokémon that you request!

    Current National Dex Status: 511/718
    "The only woman I'm pimping is sweet lady propane, and I'm tricking her out all over this town!"
    † Praise Him!†
    Profile Pic by Aminella of DeviantArt, Other pics from PMD Wikia

  19. #2744
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    What is the sensation called, when you eat food too quickly and you kind of get discomfort in your chest which gets worse if you carry on eating? I always get it when I eat too fast (particularly cake), and I know it's common, but I've never known what it's actually called. I don't think it's heartburn or anything, since it's not really painful, and indigestion is something different, as far as I'm aware... anyone know?

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    "For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

    My Animelist


  20. #2745
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +2:00]
    Posts
    589

    Default

    See, I got this picture of mine on facebook [which I haven't uploaded myself. I was tagged in it by a friend]. but while I'm browsing my photos through tinder I can't find it. Does anyone know why?

  21. #2746
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    I know it's abandonment if someone dumps a dog off on the side of the road. But what if the dog was dumped onto another person? So recently my dad went out of town to his other home four hours away from me. But he left his two dogs at the house without asking for me to watch them. They are two toy breeds. I don't want anything to do with them. Every time I try to coax them out of a space they try to bite me. I am at my wits end with trying to deal with them. There is also nobody else here to watch them either. I have to watch them or else they will starve. Is this type of thing illegal? (I am in the US btw). He also knows I want nothing to do with these dogs.

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  22. #2747
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    I know it's abandonment if someone dumps a dog off on the side of the road. But what if the dog was dumped onto another person? So recently my dad went out of town to his other home four hours away from me. But he left his two dogs at the house without asking for me to watch them. They are two toy breeds. I don't want anything to do with them. Every time I try to coax them out of a space they try to bite me. I am at my wits end with trying to deal with them. There is also nobody else here to watch them either. I have to watch them or else they will starve. Is this type of thing illegal? (I am in the US btw). He also knows I want nothing to do with these dogs.
    Is he coming back? If he left the dogs in your care and you agreed to take care of them, then there's nothing you can do about it. You entered into a verbal contract.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  23. #2748
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Is he coming back? If he left the dogs in your care and you agreed to take care of them, then there's nothing you can do about it. You entered into a verbal contract.
    No, I did not agree to watch them. I woke up one morning and found that they were locked in one of his rooms after he left in the night. I imagine he assumed that I would check on them, and I did just in case he did leave them. He also did not inform me of when he would return.

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  24. #2749
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Uh, I guess this is the right place to post...

    What does Sppf stand for?

    Thanks
    I'm all about cuteness XD

    3DS FC: 4785-5110-3425 + Grass FS with Pansage, Quilladin & Ivysaur XD

  25. #2750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaethan View Post
    Uh, I guess this is the right place to post...

    What does Sppf stand for?

    Thanks
    Serebii's Pokémon Page Forums

    Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •