Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 2824

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

If I remember correctly, it used to stand for Serebii's Pokemon Palace Forums or something. Joe says the P's are now silent though.

Edit: beaten & corrected.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Any good female cat names ??
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Y Fc

Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    Any good female cat names ??
    Making a cat team now?

Schrodinger
    Duchess (from Aristocats)
    any of the female characters in Cats
    Kirara (from InuYasha)
    Sassy (from Homeward Bound)

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Making a cat team now?

Schrodinger
    Duchess (from Aristocats)
    any of the female characters in Cats
    Kirara (from InuYasha)
    Sassy (from Homeward Bound)
    Haha you know me so well This time it's a rescue cat. She was the Animal Hospitals cat for 1.5 years and was going to be put down. She scared so easy they couldn't find home and started peeing everywhere. Which was a UTI they let go because she was on the schedule to be put down. So we are treating her UTI with Clavamox right now. And her food. She doesnt like the 15 mls we have to drop down her throat but she loves her new home. That's the only reason I'm up right now is because she was so playful after I put the drops away lol. 5 y.o.

I have a like for Z names. I'm thinking Zero since she was on her last day. Idk tho I'm lost never thought I would own a cat lol.
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Y Fc

Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    Haha you know me so well This time it's a rescue cat. She was the Animal Hospitals cat for 1.5 years and was going to be put down. She scared so easy they couldn't find home and started peeing everywhere. Which was a UTI they let go because she was on the schedule to be put down. So we are treating her UTI with Clavamox right now. And her food. She doesnt like the 15 mls we have to drop down her throat but she loves her new home. That's the only reason I'm up right now is because she was so playful after I put the drops away lol. 5 y.o.

I have a like for Z names. I'm thinking Zero since she was on her last day. Idk tho I'm lost never thought I would own a cat lol.
    I think "Zero" is the perfect name for her, considering her story. Good luck with her; first a bird, and now a cat!

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Does anyone know if batteries can grow mold? I was just sitting on the sofa, and there was a battery from when I changed the TV remote a few days ago. I noticed something weird, and looked closer: it had some kind of bubbly white/green stuff on one of the ends. Does anyone know why this happened? (I threw it away promptly, thank god)

Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    Does anyone know if batteries can grow mold? I was just sitting on the sofa, and there was a battery from when I changed the TV remote a few days ago. I noticed something weird, and looked closer: it had some kind of bubbly white/green stuff on one of the ends. Does anyone know why this happened? (I threw it away promptly, thank god)
    That's no mold, that's called corrosion. Old batteries sometimes leak the acid within them and this creates the white/green substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    That's no mold, that's called corrosion. Old batteries sometimes leak the acid within them and this creates the white/green substance.
    Pardon my science. It's like copper turning green, right? right...?

Thanks for the answer.

Pardon my science. It's like copper turning green, right? right...?

Thanks for the answer.
    It's a very similar reaction. The contacts on a battery are made of Zinc and Manganese dioxide, and inside the battery, there is a potassium hydroxide solution. When batteries are used, the anode and cathode slowly get weaker, and hydrogen gas builds up inside them, creating pressure. if you leave a used battery out for a long time, the potassium hydroxide then leaks out of the weakened contacts and reacts with the carbon dioxide in the air, producing potassium carbonate, which is the white fluff.

Copper turns green when it reacts with water and the Carbon dioxide and oxygen in the air and becomes Copper (II) carbonate.

-------

whats an easy way to lose weight? im 13 so I think i can still lose a good amount of weight in a month (thats when I go back to school)
    Beauty is Everything
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...eeding-grounds Come to My Shop :3
    FC:0232-9103-5324 IGN:Chris
    LF: Demo code for super smash bros for 3DS (if you have a extra code PM me)

Quote Originally Posted by piemaster924000 View Post
    whats an easy way to lose weight? im 13 so I think i can still lose a good amount of weight in a month (thats when I go back to school)
    It's not healthy to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time, and you shouldn't strive to lose weight at 13. You need to be growing, not dieting. If you're that concerned about your weight, you need to see a doctor or dietitian who can give you very specific, healthy dieting/eating instructions for someone of your weight, height, and activity level.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    It's not healthy to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time, and you shouldn't strive to lose weight at 13. You need to be growing, not dieting. If you're that concerned about your weight, you need to see a doctor or dietitian who can give you very specific, healthy dieting/eating instructions for someone of your weight, height, and activity level.
    okay fine what kind of phone should I get? I lost my other on and i need to replace it
    Beauty is Everything

okay fine what kind of phone should I get? I lost my other on and i need to replace it
    Depends, of course. Do you have a certain budget for it? What kind of features are you looking for?

Depends, of course. Do you have a certain budget for it? What kind of features are you looking for?
    I have a infinite budget i just need a good phone
    Beauty is Everything

I have a infinite budget i just need a good phone
    Even though you're 13...? All I know is that the newest iPhone is infinitely popular, and is very well-received by all kinds of people. What kind did you have before?

Even though you're 13...? All I know is that the newest iPhone is infinitely popular, and is very well-received by all kinds of people. What kind did you have before?
    a iPhone 4
    Beauty is Everything

If you liked it, it's probably best to go for iPhone 5S, naturally. I also know some who like Samsung Galaxy S5 as well, which has some different features.

If you liked it, it's probably best to go for iPhone 5S, naturally. I also know some who like Samsung Galaxy S5 as well, which has some different features.
    I heard the iPhone 6 is coming in december is that true? if it is should I wait?
    Beauty is Everything

Honestly, the iPhones don't really differ from each other that much. If you need a new phone right now, you should just get it.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjolras View Post
    Honestly, the iPhones don't really differ from each other that much. If you need a new phone right now, you should just get it.
    Yes, there is a new iPhone coming out soon, but Enjolras' post basically sums it up. Apple'll only add some minor changes to qualify it as a 'new model', but it's really just to get people hyped and justify(?) its price.

I'll just wait
    Beauty is Everything

This one is going to come off as odd, but is anyone here familiar with Harmonic Analysis. Perhaps in particular related to photonic crystals?

I've been curious about how to "transparent" images- as in, take off the sides of an image to display the main sprite, or something like that. Is there a certain program I need to use to accomplish this, or something?

(Claims:Red Savarin, Klonoa 2, Sandslash)

{Banner courtesy of FinalSoraRiku of Untamed Heart}
    [Red Sprite made by Zacharyleebrown via DeviantArt.com]

"I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sable-Xeno View Post
    I've been curious about how to "transparent" images- as in, take off the sides of an image to display the main sprite, or something like that. Is there a certain program I need to use to accomplish this, or something?
    You make the images transparent by deleting the white background. You can do this by deleting the background layer in Photoshop (or similar programs, like GIMP), or by selecting the blank space in an image and deleting that, provided there's nothing underneath.

If you don't have any of those programs, you can use websites online. Not sure how good those are, though.

You make the images transparent by deleting the white background. You can do this by deleting the background layer in Photoshop (or similar programs, like GIMP), or by selecting the blank space in an image and deleting that, provided there's nothing underneath.

If you don't have any of those programs, you can use websites online. Not sure how good those are, though.
    You also need to save in the correct file formats. GIF or PNG

GIF is older smaller but basicly limits you to 256 colours, or 255 with one colour being "transparent". You can make them animated. It's pretty much supported everywhere now. Personally If you're using sprites, this is usually better.

PNG, slightly newer and can support more colours and Transparency. It takes up slightly more file size than Gif at the smaller sizes. However, there are very versatile, and if you know how you can do some "tricks" you can only do with PNG transparency levels. Some of Razor Leafs signatures use them.

We also have a Fan Art Shop area: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...-Fan-Art-Shops
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 28th July 2014 at 11:40 PM.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113 LastLast