Page 16 of 113 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Wobbuffet can't encore a support really because either it's too slow to move first, or no one will be dumb enough to use anything other than toxic on it, which backfires on the Wobbuffet anyway since it can't attack while the other Pokemon is being encored into toxic, or it has to switch out.

Keeping in mind that since it was also a 4th gen uber, all the other Pokemon in that tier hit hard so Wobbuffet would have to play the guessing game because it can't two hit from most of the tier.
    It doesn't matter that wobbuffet has to switch out after encoring toxic, that's the point. The opponent can't switch out the same turn because of shadow tag, so it will be forced to toxic on the switch and the pokémon that is switched to will have a free turn, which can be enough to win the game in uber. Most pokémon can't OHKO wobbuffet, so they will try to use set up moves (like swords dance) and that can be encored. It's easy to know when to encore and when to counter.

No one is going to switch into a Toxic. Hell, replace Toxic with Will 0 Wisp and then you got a problem, Sword Dance wont really matter if your burned.

No one is going to switch into a Toxic. Hell, replace Toxic with Will 0 Wisp and then you got a problem, Sword Dance wont really matter if your burned.
    You're not understanding what I wrote. Your response doesn't make sense in the context. Reread and use a dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You're not understanding what I wrote. Your response doesn't make sense in the context. Reread and use a dictionary.
    lol wut? You said...

The opponent can't switch out the same turn because of shadow tag, so it will be forced to toxic on the switch and the pokémon that is switched to will have a free turn, which can be enough to win the game in uber.
    So I said...

My response makes sense. No one is going to switch their sweeper into a status problem unless it's holding a Lum Berry or something of the like which isn't the case most of the time in 4th gen ubers.

lol wut? You said...

So I said...

My response makes sense. No one is going to switch their sweeper into a status problem unless it's holding a Lum Berry or something of the like which isn't the case most of the time in 4th gen ubers.
    It's not making sense.
    Link to dictionary:
    http://www.wiktionary.org/

Makes me wonder why Sweden is the way it is now.

Makes me wonder why Sweden is the way it is now.
    Explain...

Why do you need every little thing explained to you?

Why do you need every little thing explained to you?
    I don't need that.

Explain...
    It's not making sense.[/URL]
    Your response doesn't make sense in the context. Reread and use a dictionary.
    How is it disrespectful?
    Explain...
    Let's not forget the 30 times you've used "Explain....." or "Liar......." and "Why??????" in your last 200 post.

Let's not forget the 30 times you've used "Explain....." or "Liar......." and "Why??????" in your last 200 post.
    I never wrote that.
    Because "Explain" is 7 characters, I use 3 dots.
    Because "Liar" is 4 characters, I use 6 dots.
    Because "Why" is three characters, I use 7 question marks.

I never wrote that.
    Because "Explain" is 7 characters, I use 3 dots.
    Because "Liar" is 4 characters, I use 6 dots.
    Because "Why" is three characters, I use 7 question marks.
    you're impossible...
    Charizard

Enought Said

I don't get why you guys are arguing over why Wobbuffet is such a good Pokemon in the first place; that wasn't the point of the question that was asked. Being a good Pokemon doesn't make the question any less disrespectful to the autistic.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
    I don't get why you guys are arguing over why Wobbuffet is such a good Pokemon in the first place; that wasn't the point of the question that was asked. Being a good Pokemon doesn't make the question any less disrespectful to the autistic.
    Why???????

Why???????
    Because autism is a tragic disorder that affects many people and it makes every day a struggle for them and their family and wobbufet is often portrayed as a stupid gimmicky pokemon with little intelligence.
    Charizard

Enought Said

That often depends on the severity of the autism. The majority of people with aspergers (much like myself) rarely even notice it. It isn't a daily struggle. You have to take the less severe cases of autism into account as well.

Anyway, just leave the Wobbufett comment alone. It makes no sense to have made a mountain out of a mole hill, like y'all did.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardfan900 View Post
    Because autism is a tragic disorder that affects many people and it makes every day a struggle for them and their family and wobbufet is often portrayed as a stupid gimmicky pokemon with little intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pon-3 View Post
    That often depends on the severity of the autism. The majority of people with aspergers (much like myself) rarely even notice it. It isn't a daily struggle. You have to take the less severe cases of autism into account as well.

Anyway, just leave the Wobbufett comment alone. It makes no sense to have made a mountain out of a mole hill, like y'all did.
    I agree with DJ Pon-3 that there are many non severe cases and that it's not a daily struggle, but the more severe cases doesn't have to be a daily struggle either. I don't know how severe mine is, I have no daily struggles but my brain structure is (seemingly) more altered than most not-very-severe cases. It's not a struggle because my schedule is made to not give any (vacations trips are troublesome though).

There is no basis for wobbuffet being stupid.

On my webs account, the prefix, instead of my name, is two long gibberish numbers. How do I change that? I couldn't find anything about it on the faq of the website.

I'm not really a comic book guy. I was wondering just now- throughout all the comic universe, what villain is the most dangerous / is most feared? I was thinking Galactous (sp?) from what I've heard.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

What is meat? Is it the muscle?

derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Grovyl View Post
    Meat comes in all kinds of varieties. Most comes from muscles. Chicken wings, chicken breast, sirloin steak, and all that jazz is made up mostly of muscle tissue. However, people find creative ways to make use of pretty much every part of an animal. If you go to an Asian market, you'll see what I mean.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Grovyl View Post
    Mostly yes.

Why is the T-rex usually thought of as the biggest and baddest Dinosaur?

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Why is the T-rex usually thought of as the biggest and baddest Dinosaur?
    Pop culture. According to Wikipedia, "The species Tyrannosaurus rex... is a fixture in popular culture." Jurassic Park made the T. rex infamous among theropods. Also, its name translates from Latin as "Lizard King".
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 23rd January 2012 at 12:09 AM.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I'm not really a comic book guy. I was wondering just now- throughout all the comic universe, what villain is the most dangerous / is most feared? I was thinking Galactous (sp?) from what I've heard.
    Well, everyone's going to have a different opinion on this, but I have to go with the Joker (from Batman, of course). He's evil and malicious for no other reason than being evil and malicious. He probably has the secondary reason, though, of aggravating Batman. Batman never kills Joker because of his morals/ethics...but Joker never kills Batman because Batman's skill at being a superhero gives him the drive to increase his own skill at being evil, with the added plus that he knows that Batman will never kill him.

I also like the Joker and Batman because neither of them has superpowers - everything they do is conceivably possible (with lots of money and technological innovation, of course).

It's disgustingly brilliant. The Joker is the only villain who has ever given me a queasy feeling in my stomach just because he is so magnificently twisted.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Page 16 of 113 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast