Page 24 of 113 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by metagrody6 View Post
    Alright, thanks.

New question, why is nobody into all the same stuff that I am?
    Everybody likes different things, there usually isn't anyone that likes everything a person likes.

What is your favorite Spanish word?

Azul

favorite color, and one of the 1st words I learned.

Alcachofa! It means "artichoke"

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Some questions:

-How can you tell if your cat is pregnant?

-I've noticed that if I have to use CRTL+ALT+DEL to close an internet window, it will close all related internet windows. Is there something I can do to prevent this?

-Also, when the task manager window comes up, it will sometimes list each window twice. For example, let's say I've got 1 serebii window open and I bring up the task manager- it would say I've got 2 serebii windows open. Why does it do that?

Edit: Oops, forgot to ask- that pop singer Adele, is her name pronounced 'Ay-del' or 'a-duh-lay'?
    I took spanish in high school, but I don't think I had a favorite word. Maybe bronquitis, the word for bronchitis (yes the disease). I only say that because my teacher said it funny, it sounded like 'brown kitties'.
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 13th February 2012 at 9:06 AM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Some questions:

-How can you tell if your cat is pregnant?

-I've noticed that if I have to use CRTL+ALT+DEL to close an internet window, it will close all related internet windows. Is there something I can do to prevent this?

-Also, when the task manager window comes up, it will sometimes list each window twice. For example, let's say I've got 1 serebii window open and I bring up the task manager- it would say I've got 2 serebii windows open. Why does it do that?
    I took spanish in high school, but I don't think I had a favorite word. Maybe bronquitis, the word for bronchitis (yes the disease). I only say that because my teacher said it funny, it sounded like 'brown kitties'.

1) You can feel the cat's stomach for swelling lumps, that's an indication of kitten heads. She may have an increase in appetite for food.

2/3) Usually with a lagged "not responding" problem, there will be a sudden second window opened to try to keep the site you had running, running. Make sure to only select one window to close, or just the ones you want to close. Unfortunately if the Internet really is having trouble at the moment, it will close all of the windows anyway.

Is there a way to make it so that in my CSS layout, the sidebar menu (like on SPP) stays equal to the body when the body is on auto-resize for height?

Edit: Oops, forgot to ask- that pop singer Adele, is her name pronounced 'Ay-del' or 'a-duh-lay'?
    Ah-dell.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

DotA 2 Beta Key: Am i stupid to sell it for 25$? I won one the day i signed up

Update: Sold it for 30$

Update 2: chance of getting it on day one is 0.015%
    Last edited by Chrysaries; 13th February 2012 at 7:45 PM.

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

I am trying to write a program on my TI-84 that shows 1 and then shows 2 and so on until you tell it to stop, can anybody tell me how to do this?

I am trying to write a program on my TI-84 that shows 1 and then shows 2 and so on until you tell it to stop, can anybody tell me how to do this?
    I'm not sure if this is still valid any more.. but here's a How I'd think I'd make it count to a number. (It's how much I remember GW-Basic, which isn't that different from TI basic in the Calculator. And I've not actually done this for 10 years!)

Code:
    10 Print "Count up to?"
    20 input x
    30 Let y = 1
    **Begin loop!***
    40 Print y
    50 If y = x then goto 100 else continue
    60 Let y = y+1
    70 Goto 40
    100 PRINT Y "- Counting complete"
    It's a Messy Program but that's what you get from a guy who more or less is doing it in head as posts in a forum thread.

There are loop commands and some commands that will respond to a key press, which may or may not be present in that version of Basic.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Does anyone have a bunch of boring facts about cats?!?!

I'm pulling that whole "Cat Facts" prank on one of my friends and ran out of boring generic sounding facts about cats....

Quote Originally Posted by jenny123 View Post
    Does anyone have a bunch of boring facts about cats?!?!
    How about the fact that cats are boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
    How about the fact that cats are boring?
    Excuse me?

Excuse you.

- Cats usually weigh between 2.5 and 7 kg (5.5–16 pounds), although some breeds can exceed 11.3 kg (25 pounds). Some cats have been known to reach up to 23 kg (50 pounds) due to overfeeding.

- Indoor cats typically live 14 to 20 years although the oldest-known cat lived to the age of 36.

- Cats can conserve energy by sleeping more than most animals, especially as they grow older. Durations of sleep are various, usually 12–16 hours, with 13–14 being the average. Cats, in some cases, can sleep as much as 20 hours in a 24-hour time period.

- Due to cats nocturnal nature, they are often known to enter a period of increased hyperactivity and playfulness during the evening.

- Cats' temperament can vary depending on the breed. Shorter haired cats tend to be skinnier and more active. Cats with longer hair tend to be heavier and less active.

- The body temperature of a cat is between 38 and 39 °C (101 and 102.2 °F). A cat is considered febrile if it has a temperature of 39.5 °C (103 °F) or greater, or hypothermic if less than 37.5 °C (100 °F). A domestic cat's normal heart rate ranges from 140 to 220 beats per minute which is largely dependent on how excited the cat is. Cats at rest have an average heart rate between 150 and 180 bpm.

- A common belief says that cats always land on their feet; well they usually do - but not always. A cat can reflexively twist its body and right itself using its acute sense of balance and flexibility.

- cats are walk directly on their toes.

- As with many predators, cats have retractable claws. This is done to keep the claws sharp by preventing wear from contact with the ground. It is only by stretching, such as a cat swatting at prey, that the connecting tendons are pulled taut, forcing the claws to extend. Thus, extending the claws is an involuntary action for cats.

- Cats, especially young kittens, are known for their love of string play. Most cats can't resist a dangling piece of string, or a piece of rope drawn randomly and enticingly across the floor. This propensity is probably related to their hunting instinct.

- Due to the possible complications of ingesting string, string play is sometimes replaced with a red dot laser pointer.

*need any more?

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    - Cats usually weigh between 2.5 and 7 kg (5.5–16 pounds), although some breeds can exceed 11.3 kg (25 pounds). Some cats have been known to reach up to 23 kg (50 pounds) due to overfeeding.

- Indoor cats typically live 14 to 20 years although the oldest-known cat lived to the age of 36.

- Cats can conserve energy by sleeping more than most animals, especially as they grow older. Durations of sleep are various, usually 12–16 hours, with 13–14 being the average. Cats, in some cases, can sleep as much as 20 hours in a 24-hour time period.

- Due to cats nocturnal nature, they are often known to enter a period of increased hyperactivity and playfulness during the evening.

- Cats' temperament can vary depending on the breed. Shorter haired cats tend to be skinnier and more active. Cats with longer hair tend to be heavier and less active.

- The body temperature of a cat is between 38 and 39 °C (101 and 102.2 °F). A cat is considered febrile if it has a temperature of 39.5 °C (103 °F) or greater, or hypothermic if less than 37.5 °C (100 °F). A domestic cat's normal heart rate ranges from 140 to 220 beats per minute which is largely dependent on how excited the cat is. Cats at rest have an average heart rate between 150 and 180 bpm.

- A common belief says that cats always land on their feet; well they usually do - but not always. A cat can reflexively twist its body and right itself using its acute sense of balance and flexibility.

- cats are walk directly on their toes.

- As with many predators, cats have retractable claws. This is done to keep the claws sharp by preventing wear from contact with the ground. It is only by stretching, such as a cat swatting at prey, that the connecting tendons are pulled taut, forcing the claws to extend. Thus, extending the claws is an involuntary action for cats.

- Cats, especially young kittens, are known for their love of string play. Most cats can't resist a dangling piece of string, or a piece of rope drawn randomly and enticingly across the floor. This propensity is probably related to their hunting instinct.

- Due to the possible complications of ingesting string, string play is sometimes replaced with a red dot laser pointer.

*need any more?
    Ooh, thank you!!! These are perfect !!!

Now to go annoy the **** out of the most gullible person I know...

Ooh, thank you!!! These are perfect !!!

Now to go annoy the **** out of the most gullible person I know...
    I hope your friend don't have a forum account on SPP, he/she might just figure out it's you if he/she saw those posts.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    I hope your friend don't have a forum account on SPP, he/she might just figure out it's you if he/she saw those posts.
    If it's her friend, I'm pretty sure they would have to know who she is. Unless it's an online friend and she is trying to pose as someone else.

If it's her friend, I'm pretty sure they would have to know who she is. Unless it's an online friend and she is trying to pose as someone else.
    It doesn't seem like she knows it's me, I downloaded one of those texting apps onto my iPod to give me a different number then the one in her phone...

It doesn't seem like she knows it's me, I downloaded one of those texting apps onto my iPod to give me a different number then the one in her phone...
    You are disguising your phone number and couldn't think of a better prank that stupid facts about felines?

You are disguising your phone number and couldn't think of a better prank that stupid facts about felines?
    Clearly you don't know about CatFacts.

I'm trying to buy a CD from outside the U.S.A., likely from the U.K. (it was apparently only released in the U.K.). I just realized that it might be subject to customs charges, but I'm not sure about the amount. Does anyone know what the extra cost might be? The cost without possible charges will be between $10 and $15.
    Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    1) You can feel the cat's stomach for swelling lumps, that's an indication of kitten heads. She may have an increase in appetite for food.
    Ok, now if a cat's in heat and she becomes pregnant, she'll stop being in heat immediatly, right?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I'm trying to buy a CD from outside the U.S.A., likely from the U.K. (it was apparently only released in the U.K.). I just realized that it might be subject to customs charges, but I'm not sure about the amount. Does anyone know what the extra cost might be? The cost without possible charges will be between $10 and $15.
    Ok, now if a cat's in heat and she becomes pregnant, she'll stop being in heat immediatly, right?
    A cat that is pregnant may take a few days to no longer be in heat, however she can experience being in heat during pregnancy as well, but not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    Clearly you don't know about CatFacts.
    Nope

Page 24 of 113 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast