Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 2745

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Superjail!
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Don't you quote Ghandi at me, son.

    I don't want to turn this into a fight about the government like you're trying to do, but I'm simply saying I just don't get what the point is, arguing with laws set in place to protect you. Even if you're wearing a helmet, it's easy to get seriously injured on a motorcycle. Without a helmet? Saying you're endangering your life is an understatement.
    Just don't get why you're so passionate about wanting that particular freedom.

  2. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexymilkshake View Post
    This doesn't defeat my point, though.



    I try to say it because I don't agree with governments trying to micro manage the little things in people's lives.
    Things like censorship and this. It shouldn't be up to them.

    If everyone just "listened to" what the big guys say we wouldn't get anywhere.
    "It's the law, just obey it."
    Faith... must be enforced by reason.... When faith becomes blind it dies. -Ghandi.
    Given your point is asking why it is illegal to ride a motorbike without a helmet, anyone with the slightest common sense will wear a helmet. (Plus, I was arguing that one post, not the OP.) It means the difference between life and death. If you're as dumb enough to go out on the road on a motorbike where you're completely exposed without a helmet, then by all means, go ahead.

    But hey, your life. Do what you want with it. Go on a motorbike without a helmet and get caught and arrested, or get into a collision and risk death. Your choice.
    Last edited by AuraSphere; 27th August 2011 at 4:19 PM.
    3DS Updated FC: 4640-0105-8945
    On Kid Icarus: Uprising I am *AuraSp*

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a Corner, Crying
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Because the goverment likes to tell you what to do, even if its for some ridiculous reason. Seriously, I can only water my lawn once a week, from the hours of 3am to 8am. and from 8pm to 10pm. Theres plenty of water in the aquifer, we are never going to run out. They just like to tell us what to do. Maybe they should make you to only have three glasses of water a day, or take a shower once a week so we can "consereve water."
    Last edited by crystalzapdos; 27th August 2011 at 4:21 PM.
    No sig. Deal with it.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruka View Post
    Don't you quote Ghandi at me, son.

    I don't want to turn this into a fight about the government like you're trying to do, but I'm simply saying I just don't get what the point is, arguing with laws set in place to protect you. Even if you're wearing a helmet, it's easy to get seriously injured on a motorcycle. Without a helmet? Saying you're endangering your life is an understatement.
    Just don't get why you're so passionate about wanting that particular freedom.
    Then why isn't smoking illegal? Smoking does absolutely no good for the body and eventually kills you.
    Costs the taxpayers money in lung cancer therapy and such.
    Why not? Well, because it's a huge industry which makes billions. That's why.
    I want that freedom not because I want to do it; i want it merely because it's freedom. I should be allowed to endanger my life if I so choose to. It doesn't injure anyone else. It's only potentially life risking to MYSELF.
    So, I should have the right to do it.
    If I am allowed to smoke and drink at the age of 18, I should be allowed to drive a bike without a helmet at the age of 18.
    I'm an adult. I can decide what's best for myself thanks.
    And I will quote Gandhi because Gandhi was awesome.


    Quote Originally Posted by AuraSphere View Post
    Given your point is asking why it is illegal to ride a motorbike without a helmet, anyone with the slightest common sense will wear a helmet. (Plus, I was arguing that one post, not the OP.) It means the difference between life and death. If you're as dumb enough to go out on the road on a motorbike where you're completely exposed without a helmet, then by all means, go ahead.

    But hey, your life. Do what you want with it. Go on a motorbike without a helmet and get caught and arrested, or get into a collision and risk death. Your choice.
    Maybe you should read the OP because i clearly said I wouldn't ride a bike without a helmet. I don't even have a bike. I just think it's a breach on freedom of an individual to prevent me from riding bare if I want to.
    It is my life, and I SHOULD be allowed to risk death if I want to.
    Just like smokers do and survivalists do and drinkers do and NASCAR drivers do and bungee jumpers do and rock climbers do and divers do.
    SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM,

    11.11.11

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    Because the goverment likes to tell you what to do, even if its for some ridiculous reason.
    That darn government, trying to save people's lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    Seriously, I can only water my lawn once a week, from the hours of 3am to 8am. and from 8pm to 10pm. Theres plenty of water in the aquifer, we are never going to run out. They just like to tell us what to do. Maybe they should make you to only have three glasses of water a day, or take a shower once a week so we can "consereve water."
    There's a big difference between conversing water and death.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dinosaur Planet
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Dude, the government's just trying to keep us safe. Some people would prefer to ride a bike without a helmet, and they're the ones that die. They just want to keep that from happening. Is that wrong? It's not like the government is restricting our freedom enough to make a difference, so just deal with it.

    ^ Click this for good times ^


  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Dude, the government's just trying to keep us safe. Some people would prefer to ride a bike without a helmet, and they're the ones that die. They just want to keep that from happening. Is that wrong? It's not like the government is restricting our freedom enough to make a difference, so just deal with it.
    Then why don't they make smoking illegal?
    Obviously cause it involves losing big $$.

    If they're trying to keep us safe then put public service announcements or strongly impose the dangers. Like they do with smoking.

    Not just outright ban something I should have the right to do.
    SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM,

    11.11.11

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexymilkshake View Post
    Then why isn't smoking illegal? Smoking does absolutely no good for the body and eventually kills you.
    Costs the taxpayers money in lung cancer therapy and such.
    Why not? Well, because it's a huge industry which makes billions. That's why.
    I want that freedom not because I want to do it; i want it merely because it's freedom. I should be allowed to endanger my life if I so choose to. It doesn't injure anyone else. It's only potentially life risking to MYSELF.
    So, I should have the right to do it.
    If I am allowed to smoke and drink at the age of 18, I should be allowed to drive a bike without a helmet at the age of 18.
    I'm an adult. I can decide what's best for myself thanks.
    And I will quote Gandhi because Gandhi was awesome.




    Maybe you should read the OP because i clearly said I wouldn't ride a bike without a helmet. I don't even have a bike. I just think it's a breach on freedom of an individual to prevent me from riding bare if I want to.
    It is my life, and I SHOULD be allowed to risk death if I want to.
    Just like smokers do and survivalists do and drinkers do and NASCAR drivers do and bungee jumpers do and rock climbers do and divers do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze OP
    I'm not an idiot. I know of the safety risks and stuff. But my question is why is it ILLEGAL (where I live, anyways, and in some states).

    If I want to be stupid and risk my life, why is that not my choice? I get things like driving without a seatbelt or driving drunk because you could injure someone else. But how does a helmet affect anyone besides me?

    I am asking for a clear reason as to why the government should be involved in my personal safety. It's my life. By their logic, they should make it illegal to climb mountains because potentially you can fall and die.
    You did not clearly state anything. You simply said that because the government had it as a law to begin with.
    3DS Updated FC: 4640-0105-8945
    On Kid Icarus: Uprising I am *AuraSp*

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraSphere View Post
    You did not clearly state anything. You simply said that because the government had it as a law to begin with.
    I guess it wasn't clear. Sorry. But I don't plan on ever riding without one. I just think it being outright illegal breaches on person freedom of choice.
    SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM,

    11.11.11

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dinosaur Planet
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexymilkshake View Post
    Then why don't they make smoking illegal?
    Obviously cause it involves losing big $$.
    They don't make smoking illegal because it gets the government tons of money in taxes, which I think is selfish of them. However, the government needs money to operate, and the more money they have, the better they can operate.

    Also, they do ban smoking for everybody under 18, which is pretty good. By the age of 18, most people are smart enough to not smoke, but those that do are helping the economy.

    ^ Click this for good times ^


  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Superjail!
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexymilkshake View Post
    I want that freedom not because I want to do it; i want it merely because it's freedom.
    I stopped reading here. I get it. You're just one of them the-government-is-keeping-us-down-man-oh-and-fuck-logic hippies. I don't deal with dirty hippies.

    Now, I'm going to go deep-fry some chicken while I blast Metallica.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    brb being a man
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    Theres plenty of water in the aquifer, we are never going to run out.
    Ahahahahahhahahahahahhahah I don't even have to know which aquifer you're talking about for this to be hilarious and also sad.

    Edit: Also, this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    conversing water
    Last edited by kochoupink; 27th August 2011 at 4:47 PM.
    Resize THIS.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    They don't make smoking illegal because it gets the government tons of money in taxes, which I think is selfish of them. However, the government needs money to operate, and the more money they have, the better they can operate.

    Also, they do ban smoking for everybody under 18, which is pretty good. By the age of 18, most people are smart enough to not smoke, but those that do are helping the economy.
    By that logic, I can say that by the age of 18 most people are smart enough to drive with a helmet on.
    BUT WAIT.
    They're not, are they?
    Most smokers are adults anyhow.

    In my opinion, if quickly endangering your life on the road is illegal, then slowly killing yourself by pumping tar into your alveoli should be as well.
    SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM,

    11.11.11

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dinosaur Planet
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    One of the government's jobs is to keep us safe. Sometimes, they have to sacrifice our freedoms in order to do that. And frankly, making it mandatory to wear helmets just so more people will survive motorcycle accidents isn't negatively impacting our lives in any way. It's seriously not as bad as you're trying to make it sound.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruka View Post
    I stopped reading here. I get it. You're just one of them the-government-is-keeping-us-down-man-oh-and-fuck-logic hippies. I don't deal with dirty hippies.
    Oh yeah, this too. I'm done with this debate. It's not worth it.

    ^ Click this for good times ^


  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,144

    Default

    It's illegal because if you get in a crash then you will most likely die without a helmet. Cigarettes don't kill you the second you start meaning you can quit and have your body repair itself before it's too late. Also, in my expirience, you're going to get stopped if you attempt to swim in deep waters. The same would probably go for mountain climbing as well.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruka View Post
    I stopped reading here. I get it. You're just one of them the-government-is-keeping-us-down-man-oh-and-fuck-logic hippies. I don't deal with dirty hippies.

    Now, I'm going to go deep-fry some chicken while I blast Metallica.
    Are you just insulting me for my opinion? Nice.
    I don't think I can respond to this maturely. I'm just a dirty hippy after all.
    SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM,

    11.11.11

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    56

    Default

    -.- seriously, you're spouting off about freedom? I think you need a little bit of perspective. There's a drought and famine that has affected more than 11.8 million people across Somalia, Kenya, and Ethiopia. There's a hurricane hitting the east coast of the states. There's a Typhoon hitting the Philippines, on it's way to Taiwan. Libya is in chaos. All of these things, and more, that are beyond our control, and you're annoyed that the government introduced a law to keep you safe? Excuse me if I don't understand/agree with your logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruka View Post
    I stopped reading here. I get it. You're just one of them the-government-is-keeping-us-down-man-oh-and-fuck-logic hippies.
    Ditto to this.
    Pokemon White FC: 4083-7535-3255

    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/15esqr.png[/IMG]

    Platinum -
    Soul Silver - (re-play)

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Drinking Moomoo Milk
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexymilkshake View Post
    This doesn't defeat my point, though.



    I try to say it because I don't agree with governments trying to micro manage the little things in people's lives.
    Things like censorship and this. It shouldn't be up to them.

    If everyone just "listened to" what the big guys say we wouldn't get anywhere.
    "It's the law, just obey it."
    Faith... must be enforced by reason.... When faith becomes blind it dies. -Ghandi.
    This isnt micro-management. This is trying to keep people from dying. Vehicle accidents DO happen, so the government is trying to keep people from getting hurt.

    People SHOULD know to wear there helmet anyway, but they don't and they can end up gettin hurt. The government is trying to keep you safer. Its not that they are "controllign everything about us." Would you rather live or die? And Ghandi quotes are highly irrelevant here. Ghandi and motorcycles are to completely different levels of kinetic energy. Ghandi wouldn't ride a motorcycle.

    Why do you think its the law to wear a seat belt? To keep the body count from vehicle accidents lower.
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.



    My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Personally, I still think we should be allowed to run our lives the way we want.
    But to each their own.
    SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM,

    11.11.11

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Datin' ma galfrien', hoo boy.
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    You don't wear a helmet. You go on a bike. You end up hitting a car and flying onto the street, taking quite some impact on your head. Since it's unprotected, it knocks you unconscious. Cars, seeing you, try to swerve and cause more damage. If you had worn a helmet, this may not have happened. So it's basically the same reason as with seatbelts.
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

    "After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Your basement
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    Yes, I think we all would rather we let people die, right? So you want liberty and death, not one or the other?

    If you want more people to die, how about go petition to the government on how wearing belts isn't a law. Also, tell them to have lifeguards let everyone swim miles out to sea in shark infested waters. And how about we repeal the law about using a phone while driving! And then we can stop government controlled evacuations, those are all definitely infringing on our freedom, right? Government sucks for saving the lives of people.

    I might be dripping in sarcasm, but that's the kind of response this thread needs.

    And people would end up suing the government because of the deaths if they repealed laws that save lives. People with dead loved ones are some of the most illogical people on the planet, in legal matters.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

    Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle



  22. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Minecraft
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    I need some help finding a way to do this hue changing thing that I can do in Paint Shop Pro in Photoshop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU-Pw_FUg5Q

    And what is a good program I can use to create icons like Windows Vista uses where they resize when you turn up the slider for larger icons? Freeware only.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Carolina
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexymilkshake View Post
    Personally, I still think we should be allowed to run our lives the way we want.
    But to each their own.
    Okay, what about this.

    If you want to go ride on the highway with no helmet and kill yourself, why haven't you?

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    My house. DUH!
    Posts
    314

    Default

    It could cost you big bucks on life insurance.
    Yeah. But it's also common sense, and maybe its instinct you want to live??
    And they're no that uncomfortable. I've spent hours on the back of an unpadded motorcycle going over rocks, my darn helmet has saved my life more than once.
    R.I.P. Kelley. I love you, now go play with Jesus. You were so sweet. And remember, someday you'll see us again. 2007-2011

    I will not be on very often anymore... keeping up my own site now.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default There's something wrong with my SATA cable.

    I'm trying to build a computer but when I try to plug my SATA cable into my Optical drive it runs and then just shuts off.

    I was thinking it was the pins, should I get a professional to help me?


Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •