Page 53 of 113 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2824

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Aren't steel and wood classified as elements in Japan? I'm not sure.

By elements I mean like Earth, Fire, Water and things like that.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PerseusRad View Post
    Aren't steel and wood classified as elements in Japan? I'm not sure.

By elements I mean like Earth, Fire, Water and things like that.
    Those are classical elements used in alchemy. Alchemy is a dead science because chemistry is far more accurate. I don't know about Japan though.

Here's the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic...anese_elements
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 5th April 2012 at 6:57 PM.

^ Click this for good times ^

Anyone know the drinking age in the Cayman Islands and Jamaica?

Quote Originally Posted by Lbsweet96 View Post
    Anyone know the drinking age in the Cayman Islands and Jamaica?
    In Jamaica there's no minimum age at which a person is allowed to drink alcohol, but you have to be 16 to buy it. Considering that the Cayman Islands are an Overseas Territory of the UK, I would hazard a guess that you have to be 18 to drink and to buy alcohol since those are the rules here. Not that many people pay attention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis;14346385

Birding is one of my hobbies, so I want to try to help! I used to compete in Ornithology competitions, and I even wrote the test and judged one in college, but my area of expertise is only for mainly East-coast US birds. But we'll see what I can do.

Most importantly, to identify a bird, I need to know where you're from (country, and if US, East or West of the Mississippi River, but State would be even better), and how big the bird is. A picture would make this really easy, so try to take one. But to help out, I need more detailed information - what color is its head (you said both brown and black, and that makes a huge difference)? What color is its breast? What color are its back and wings? Does it have a thick or thin beak? Are there any markings around its eyes? How does it stand - does it stand upright, like a crow, or does it hang on things vertically, like a woodpecker? How big is it?

Answers to any or all of those questions would be super helpful. Based on the minimal information you've given me, my guesses are a Brown-Headed Nuthatch or a Carolina Chickadee.

This is a Brown-Headed Nuthatch:

[IMG139
    http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/brown_headed_nuthatch.jpg[/IMG139]

This is a Carolina Chickadee:

WOO LATE REPLY TIME~~
    So the one that I was talking about was the female one. It has a black head, white breast, and brown back with a white tail. The male (as seen by my mom) has a crest and is slightly orange-ish on its back. Also, I live in oregon.
    gone.

Quote Originally Posted by AudinoHunter View Post
    WOO LATE REPLY TIME~~
    So the one that I was talking about was the female one. It has a black head, white breast, and brown back with a white tail. The male (as seen by my mom) has a crest and is slightly orange-ish on its back. Also, I live in oregon.
    How big is this bird? Is it like a woodpecker-size, or a warbler size? Even if you could figure out what type of bird it is (like a flycatcher, or a warbler, or a vireo or titmouse) would be helpful. What you're describing sounds like a titmouse, but there aren't any titmice that have black heads...

Here are some Oregon birds that have black heads, white breasts, and brownish or orangish on their back. I think the closest thing I have found to your description is a Dark-Eyed Junco, which is here:

It does have a white breast, even though you can't see it very well in the picture. The Black Phoebe also fits your description, but I wouldn't say that it has a prominent crest.

I found eight other birds that kind of fit your description, and you can see their pictures in the spoilers. I didn't want to take up too much space posting them all.

Spoiler:- White Wagtail:

Spoiler:- Rustic Bunting:

Spoiler:- McCown's Longspur:

Spoiler:- Lapland Longspur:

Spoiler:- Harris's Sparrow:

Spoiler:- Eastern Towhee:

Spoiler:- Brambling:

Spoiler:- Blackpoll Warbler:

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    How big is this bird? Is it like a woodpecker-size, or a warbler size? Even if you could figure out what type of bird it is (like a flycatcher, or a warbler, or a vireo or titmouse) would be helpful. What you're describing sounds like a titmouse, but there aren't any titmice that have black heads...

Here are some Oregon birds that have black heads, white breasts, and brownish or orangish on their back. I think the closest thing I have found to your description is a Dark-Eyed Junco, which is here:

It does have a white breast, even though you can't see it very well in the picture. The Black Phoebe also fits your description, but I wouldn't say that it has a prominent crest.

I found eight other birds that kind of fit your description, and you can see their pictures in the spoilers. I didn't want to take up too much space posting them all.

Spoiler:- White Wagtail:

Spoiler:- Rustic Bunting:

Spoiler:- McCown's Longspur:

Spoiler:- Lapland Longspur:

Spoiler:- Harris's Sparrow:

Spoiler:- Eastern Towhee:

Spoiler:- Brambling:

Spoiler:- Blackpoll Warbler:
    The female bird does look like the first one. Since I haven't see the male, I can't decide which is it. Thanks for all the help
    gone.

On these forums, how do you wrap a spoiler tag around an image? I put in [SPOILER] then the image, then [/SPOILER] but it just comes up with the text and the image in all its glory when I preview it.

EDIT: As you can see, it doesn't seem to be working for text, either.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    On these forums, how do you wrap a spoiler tag around an image? I put in [SPOILER] then the image, then [/SPOILER] but it just comes up with the text and the image in all its glory when I preview it.

To do spoilers, you have too add a "title" as it were:

[SPOILER=Testing,1..2..3][/*SPOILER]

so it would be [Spoiler=(whatever your title)]Write whatever here.[/*spoiler]-But without the *

like:
        Spoiler:- Testing,1..2..3:

biatch im fabulous

Well, if you don't want a title for your spoiler, you just use [spoil] tags.

HTML Code:
    [spoil]Hello[/spoil]
        Spoiler:

Alternately, if you want a title, make [spoiler] tags, but put an equals sign and put your title next to it.

HTML Code:
    [spoiler=Hello]Hello[/spoiler]
        Spoiler:- Hello:

Nothing should happen if you just use [spoiler] tags.

Also I have a question. Where could I find a graphing calculator that I can use in my browser?
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 13th April 2012 at 12:09 AM.

I just wanted to ask what is some good music to play while playing these video games:
    Madden
    NBA 2k games
    PO
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Comebhax View Post
    I just wanted to ask what is some good music to play while playing these video games:
    Madden
    NBA 2k games
    PO
    Thanks!
    Wouldn't it be best to just listen to what you already like? If you're looking for music that fits the games individually, then they probably provide that within the game anyway.

xxx

Madden
    NBA 2k games
    PO
    Thanks!
    Silence...

Madden
    NBA 2k games
    PO
    Thanks!
    Well, there is a song of the day in my sig which is suitable for any situation. I update it every day or two so you'll always have some fresh tunes to listen to. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Also I have a question. Where could I find a graphing calculator that I can use in my browser?
    Which browser are you using? I've found one for Firefox.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Which browser are you using? I've found one for Firefox.
    I already found one.

Can any Homestuck fans please locate the picture of Gamzee getting kicked in the balls? That always makes me laugh.

Madden
    NBA 2k games
    PO
    Thanks!
    Some form of rock or screamo, don't like those genres? Don't ask people for what you like when chances are they don't like the same things as you.

However of your losing; Don't stop believing by journey

If your making a comeback; eye of the tiger by some band from the 80's

At the beginning; the pretender by the Foo fighters

If your on a roll; don't stop me now by queen

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

How come ppl say "happy Halloween" if it is all....morbid?
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRocketGrunt View Post
    How come ppl say "happy Halloween" if it is all....morbid?
    What do you mean by morbid?

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the banner above, and Sworn Metalhead for the banner below -

All Hail the Six Kings...
    Chapter One added (12-07-2014)

^I mean the whole Halloween concept is kinda morbid....well maybe morbid is too strong a word for it...
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

I think maybe morbid is too strong of a word

Do you mean that it's weird that people say happy haloween when people are running around dressed like monsters?

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the banner above, and Sworn Metalhead for the banner below -

All Hail the Six Kings...
    Chapter One added (12-07-2014)

how much does one of those cartlidge piercings on the top of your ear hurt? And about how much does it cost?

Same for those second ear piercings.

Quote Originally Posted by jenny123 View Post
    how much does one of those cartlidge piercings on the top of your ear hurt? And about how much does it cost?

Same for those second ear piercings.
    I think mine cost about $35, but it depends where you go. I wouldn't advise getting a cheap one because you honestly get what you pay for. Also, try not to go to a place that uses a gun because those have a higher chance of getting infected. I actually didn't think getting it pierced hurt at all (the closest way I can describe is a hot sensation), but it does hurt to clean it the first few times. Soaking it in sea salt/lukewarm water solution helps the healing process and with the pain. If you keep it clean, it's not bad at all and it doesn't hurt as long.

Edit: Ah, forgot to mention that's for the cartilage piercing.

I don't know, when I got my ears pierced, it was free and the only thing you paid for was the price the earring. In my case, $10 for some cheap studs. As for the gun, it didn't hurt me, but every now and again my ear hole starts to "leak" or something like that if I don't wear them for a while or there is some stress on them.

It's pretty damn annoying.

Oh no, I'm talking about earrings on a Pokemon forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I think mine cost about $35, but it depends where you go. I wouldn't advise getting a cheap one because you honestly get what you pay for. Also, try not to go to a place that uses a gun because those have a higher chance of getting infected. I actually didn't think getting it pierced hurt at all (the closest way I can describe is a hot sensation), but it does hurt to clean it the first few times. Soaking it in sea salt/lukewarm water solution helps the healing process and with the pain. If you keep it clean, it's not bad at all and it doesn't hurt as long.

Edit: Ah, forgot to mention that's for the cartilage piercing.
    ooh, that's much better than i though (price wise). Where i live i can only use a gun :P... I literally drove everywhere in an hour radius with my friend when she went to get a double... eventually she just got a gun piercing... what sucks in washington is that the only people that do needle piercings are tatoo parlors, and even if you're not gettting a tattoo, you can't have any service from a tatoo paror if you're under 18 :P

Page 53 of 113 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast