Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

I'm going to make a comic series by taking screenshots from Spore

What should it be about

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    I don't quite understand what you're asking

The weight of a feather is small, but it has weight

If you add more feathers, the weight will increase

If you add enough, you can achieve any weight, even enough to break a camel's back

It's painfully simple physics
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It matters because they have different weights.
    Ehh, I guess you guys are right. I didn't really have a solid question worked out but I got it now.

I'm closer to PA

The only reason I would ever set foot in Virginia is for King's Dominion
    Man, King's Dominion rules. So hard.
    Have you ever been?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    You know that question, 'How many feathers/grains of sand/other really small things does it take to break a camel's back? Can someone explain this to me in detail? Not a very specific question, I know...
    Do you mean the saying "the straw that broke the camel's back" ?
    Only time I've heard someone talk about a lightweight object associated with a camel's back.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Almost as good as Hershey, though I haven't been to King's Dominion in a while and back then I was too scared to ride everything, so I can't really pick favorites

What's the best revision snack?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    What's the best revision snack?
    Is "revision" like studying for finals? If you want "brain food" that supposedly enhances your retention, you need food with Omega-3s in it, like fish. Starches, like pasta, will fill you up and keep you full for a long time, and so will peanut butter. You probably shouldn't eat anything sugary, especially right before you go to bed, because it will keep you awake and it makes you crash and be more tired more quickly. If you want something sweet, eat fruit. I prefer cherries and peaches.

When I was in high school, I used to eat raw cucumbers and cherry tomatoes from my family's garden while I was studying. When I was in college, my roommate made me cucumber slices with lunchmeat ham on top and sprinkled with pepper one day...she ate weird food, so I was reluctant to try it, but it was REALLY good, so that's what we ate when we studied in college.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

So I'm making my Spore comic series

When I try to upload my work to Photobucket, it automatically scales down the images which are too large

Is this supposed to happen

If so, is there a better place to upload it, like deviantart

So I'm making my Spore comic series

When I try to upload my work to Photobucket, it automatically scales down the images which are too large

Is this supposed to happen

If so, is there a better place to upload it, like deviantart
    If you want to upload static images, Imageshack is great. Imageshack can't animate GIFS and JPGs unless you have a Premium account, however. Animated images can be uploaded to ******* but pictures there expire eventually and you'll have to re-upload them.

I opened up my Nintendo DS Lite today and found that the hinges were cracked. The system is still operable but the lid is loose and it doesn't make that "snap" sound whenever I lift the lid up all the way. I fear that my top screen might someday break off rendering it broken beyond repair. I looked up my serial number on Nintendo's support site and fixing the hinges will cost $75 not including tax and shipping.

Should I fix my system? Or should I buy a new DS model? The 3DS sounds cool but there haven't been any interesting games for it yet and it blocks my flashcart (yeah yeah I use a flashcart you can sue me).

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    I opened up my Nintendo DS Lite today and found that the hinges were cracked. The system is still operable but the lid is loose and it doesn't make that "snap" sound whenever I lift the lid up all the way. I fear that my top screen might someday break off rendering it broken beyond repair. I looked up my serial number on Nintendo's support site and fixing the hinges will cost $75 not including tax and shipping.

Should I fix my system? Or should I buy a new DS model? The 3DS sounds cool but there haven't been any interesting games for it yet and it blocks my flashcart (yeah yeah I use a flashcart you can sue me).
    If you plan to buy any more games ever, then get the 3DS since there likely aren't going to be a lot of new DS games

If you're perfectly happy with the games you have now and don't plan to buy any more, fix it

I would personally just save my money for a Wii U

I don't know how I feel about the Wii U. I watched a video about it, and it's like you're playing two games at once. You have a touch-screen on the controller, so you have to look AWAY from the TV (where you could be avoiding enemies or whatever) and look AT the controller to see maps and stuff. Why would you do that? I also saw a video where there are instances in some games where you're happily playing the game, and then a message comes up that says "look at Wii U controller" and you have to do something on the controller before you can advance. To me, that kind of snaps you out of the game-world, and makes it less enjoyable because you're back in real life.

What do you have to say about it positively, so I can get another outlook on it?

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I don't know how I feel about the Wii U. I watched a video about it, and it's like you're playing two games at once. You have a touch-screen on the controller, so you have to look AWAY from the TV (where you could be avoiding enemies or whatever) and look AT the controller to see maps and stuff. Why would you do that? I also saw a video where there are instances in some games where you're happily playing the game, and then a message comes up that says "look at Wii U controller" and you have to do something on the controller before you can advance. To me, that kind of snaps you out of the game-world, and makes it less enjoyable because you're back in real life.

What do you have to say about it positively, so I can get another outlook on it?
    Like the Wii and the DS and 3DS and both PS3 Move and Kintic, I'd find it hard to really gauge the actual game play really is, until I actually use one.

The Nearest to what we've got is certain Game Cube which used Gameboy advance as controllers. The first I should point out is Zelda 4 Swords Adventures, Zelda Windwaker (Optional) GBA map mode, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. They all can use the GBA Screen in single player mode. 4 Swords will emulate the GBA screen in single screen just to make it playable, but it was designed for multiplayer with their own screen in mind. A video with footage of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzeig...-shows&list=SL

Wind Waker is actually useful, but doesn't really break the game if you do have it. (Tingle won't be able to help you in bosses.) Chuggaaconroy covers the basics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Yu4rVwngg

Like Wind waker, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles just used it a screen for extra info.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Have you ever been?

Do you mean the saying "the straw that broke the camel's back" ?
    Only time I've heard someone talk about a lightweight object associated with a camel's back.
    I don't know why you would want to break a camel's back, but that is just cruel

i remember in 8th grade though, my physics/chemistry teacher just use 1 pound of brick= 1 pound of feathers, trick question indeed.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

If you plan to buy any more games ever, then get the 3DS since there likely aren't going to be a lot of new DS games

If you're perfectly happy with the games you have now and don't plan to buy any more, fix it

Eh I guess I'll just keep it as it is until it breaks. If any good 3DS games come out by then, I'll leave me DS Lite behind and get a Supercard for the 3DS. The Wii U sounds nice but I prefer handhelds over consoles. I only play consoles at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Pikmin 3

That is all

It depends on how much you use the flashcart. My DS lite is also breaking and I will get a repair when necessary, because my pokémon games are region blocked from my 3DS.

It depends on how much you use the flashcart. My DS lite is also breaking and I will get a repair when necessary, because my pokémon games are region blocked from my 3DS.
    A lot, actually. Everyday. There's a Multimedia player on it and I like listening to music. When I'm not using it as an MP3 player, I play Final Fantasy and Pokémon.

A lot, actually. Everyday. There's a Multimedia player on it and I like listening to music. When I'm not using it as an MP3 player, I play Final Fantasy and Pokémon.
    $75 for being able to keep using it daily is quite good. $75 for something that you rarely use is bad.

I don't think you should worry that much - I mean, my DS Lite's hinges have been loose since last February or something, and it's still going strong. As long as you don't stretch it to its limits, I think it'll be fine. One drawback is that you can't trade it in for a cheaper price for the 3DS, though, but of course, I assume you're not thinking about that. Only get it fixed if it's in a critical condition, really.

Okay, so I'm making a series in a similar format to MS paint adventures. My question is: should I capitalize the important words in the story? It looks so cool that way, but it would also be too similar to the style of real MSPA series.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    The plastic case around the device insulates your hand from the increased electrical potential of the taser. When you zap yourself with the live end, the difference in potential (i.e. voltage) between your hand (and consequently, the ground) causes current to flow through your hand and into the ground. Now, I think if you were to be standing on a big block of rubber, the circuit couldn't be completed and you wouldn't get shocked.
    I checked with one of my teachers, and I was incorrect. Don't try this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electricbluewolf View Post
    2nd question: Okay, are you using the same gamertag/profile? If you are there is no way of separating the data as they are under one profile data storage. If you are using different profiles, it's the same way as putting it on a usb, he gets his own xbox and put his data on there, as his profile has different data from yours. I've heard there is a way of copying profile data, but it's not very safe from the looks.
    Yeah, we're using different profiles. Sounds like it should work then. Thanks
    Mathematics.
    lol (given all the math discussion that's been going on)

Just wondering, are you a math major?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I meant spelunking. Don't know what country you're in, but in Arkansas they have cave systems that run for miles. It's actually quite fun. Last week I was squeezing myself between two rocks with my body half-submerged lol
    I like going on cave tours (and have been on a couple in Arkansas) but I'm too afraid to just go exploring. I'd be thinking a rock would crush me or I'd get stuck somewhere.
    Virginia has Luray Caverns...
    Thought this said Luxray Caverns at first (Wild Luxray appeared!)
    Wait, you can use a DS Lite as an MP3 player?

About the repair, you might look to see if there are any GameXChange stores in your area. I've also heard Game On and Game Workshop can fix consoles, but I've never been to either.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

What math discussions?

I'm not in university yet, so I don't have a major. I have self-studied some university mathematics courses though.

From what I can see, it's mostly just common sense

Wait, you can use a DS Lite as an MP3 player?

About the repair, you might look to see if there are any GameXChange stores in your area. I've also heard Game On and Game Workshop can fix consoles, but I've never been to either.
    The DS Lite can't be used as an MP3 player itself, but the R4 series and the Supercard DSTwo have Multimedia players built in.

And I would prefer Nintendo to repair my DS because you know...it's Nintendo.

What kind of supplies would an honorable space captain bring on a planetside mission

What kind of supplies would an honorable space captain bring on a planetside mission
    Food, water and oxygen.

Page 64 of 113 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast