Page 67 of 113 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2824

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    I have a question, well you see I lost my pokemon white and got a new one but how do I swap them on pokemon global link?
    I heard you have to contact them or something if so how?
    On the Global Link website, go to "Support" then "Customer Service" and then "Contact Us". If you send them an email to the techhelp address, I think with your issue they would reply, but if they don't reply after a week (in my experience they'll reply very quickly) then try the "Ask a Question" section.

I hope that was helpful.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Name me a rock song that is very long.

I thinking Freebird might be the most well known.
    Achilles' Last Stand by Led Zeppelin. It's a bit over 10 minutes, here is the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    On the Global Link website, go to "Support" then "Customer Service" and then "Contact Us". If you send them an email to the techhelp address, I think with your issue they would reply, but if they don't reply after a week (in my experience they'll reply very quickly) then try the "Ask a Question" section.

I hope that was helpful.
    Thank you very much : )

But before I do so, will swapping my games effect my global link account and records as well as my black version?

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

On this site, is there a way to extend the amount of time until you time out?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Click on stay logged in

L.F.D.

My macbook pro is overheating. help.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

You didn't try to play games on it, did you?

No. It's already hitting its 3 year mark. Every time I play videos or have too many windows open it starts to overheat.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    No. It's already hitting its 3 year mark. Every time I play videos or have too many windows open it starts to overheat.
    First, I recommend that you buy a cooling pad for it, to give you a short-term remedy while you work out what is making it overheat. I recently had a PC that tended to overheat, but never to the point where it shut down from it. When you have a lot of stuff open at one time, or run a program that uses a lot of power (like MMPORGS or ArcGIS), it causes your computer to heat faster. It turns out that my PC, which was 5 years old, just had a lot of dirt and gunk in the fans from 5 years of use. So you might want to check your fans first, especially if they're really loud, since that's the simplest solution. Other than that, I would take your computer to a trusted friend who knows what they're doing or to the Apple store or its generic equivalent.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Then it's your CPU usage combined with worn heat sink. There is not much you can other than;

- cleaning out your fan and vents with a can of compressed air.
    - Opening it and thoroughly cleaning the fan with a minivac/vacuum hose (I recommend this)
    - Send it back to Apple to replace the heat sink and fan
    - Limit the amount of videos/tabs you have up a once. Also avoid browsers that use a lot of memory(Chrome, Firefox)

What is that font old cameras used when you take a photo and it prints the date?

also, what is the highest working age in US? link?
    sometimes i feel old people are hogging jobs from us people lol.
    Last edited by Kacho; 27th June 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Looking for a place to find ALL of White Kyurem's sprites, please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    What is that font old cameras used when you take a photo and it prints the date?
    You're probably thinking of "Digital Readout Upright"

also, what is the highest working age in US? link?
    sometimes i feel old people are hogging jobs from us people lol.
    Once you're 16 (15 in some states), there are no age restrictions on jobs in the United States. If you're 98 years old and you want to work, you can. Most people don't, though. Most people retire between 55 and 65. But my 82-year-old grandfather has a summer job selling racing tickets at Churchill Downs. This is the land of the free, yo. I think if the government made an age cap for jobs, there would probably be riots in the streets because that's unconstitutional; it violates our right to the pursuit of happiness. We are free to work whenever and wherever we want.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Once you're 16 (15 in some states), there are no age restrictions on jobs in the United States. If you're 98 years old and you want to work, you can. Most people don't, though. Most people retire between 55 and 65. But my 82-year-old grandfather has a summer job selling racing tickets at Churchill Downs. This is the land of the free, yo. I think if the government made an age cap for jobs, there would probably be riots in the streets because that's unconstitutional; it violates our right to the pursuit of happiness. We are free to work whenever and wherever we want.
    This might sounds like going into debate...
    but wouldn't the elderly working age contributes to unemployment rate of people out of college?
    I mean, I am fine with elderly working on kind of relax, easy-going jobs.... XD
    but other people need to pursue a career for their happiness too haha.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

We should use people over 90 to see if there is gas in coal mines instead of canaries.

It's not like they have many years left as it is.

This might sounds like going into debate...
    but wouldn't the elderly working age contributes to unemployment rate of people out of college?
    I mean, I am fine with elderly working on kind of relax, easy-going jobs.... XD
    but other people need to pursue a career for their happiness too haha.
    It does to a degree. Having older people working does contribute to college grads not being able to find jobs because they have less experience than those who are older. But at the same time, although the elderly are allowed to work, most of the time they don't. People want to retire, not work their entire lives. Right now we're in an economic recession, and people of all ages are being let go; all companies are downsizing. That contributes more to the lack of jobs than the elderly working.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    We should use people over 90 to see if there is gas in coal mines instead of canaries.

It's not like they have many years left as it is.
    But what if they decide to unionize? How are we going to replace them?

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    But what if they decide to unionize? How are we going to replace them?
    Throw them in the mine anyway. What can they do about it?

stop being so racist plz ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    stop being so racist plz ;_;
    Hey, killing old people isn't racist, it's genocide. Subtle but present difference.

They'll die from displacing their hip or something.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I asked these questions in the OVGD achievement thread, but didn't get an answer:
    -For xbox 360, what single achievement is worth the most gamerscore? The most I've seen is 150, in Gears of War 2, Dead Space & F.E.A.R.
    -What game has the most total gamerscore? The most I've seen is Gears of War 3, with 2000
    Alan Wake has 1500 total gamerscore including two DLC games, but one of the DLC games comes free.
    Avatar: TLA gives you like 1000 and it's pretty to get the achievements.
    Madden 06, 07, 08, and 09 all have a total of 1000. Easy to get them too.

As for individual achievements, FIFA World Cup 06 has two very good ones. "Complete all Scenarios" is worth 500. "Win the World Cup" is worth 250.
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted has "Defeat Toru Sato 'Bull'" for 200 and "Defeat Clarence Callahan 'Razor'" is worth 300.
    "Treasure Hunt" in Band Hero is worth 490.

(Preferrably someone who had/currently has a job can answer this question.)

I was just curious, how would you answer this question (in a job interview): "What is your greatest weaknesses?" Or "What are your weaknesses?"

To those that never had a job, expect this question in a job interview - always. This is one of the most trickiest questions which determines whether you get a job or not. Hopefully, I can get an insight on this.
    Last edited by Lord Scalgon; 29th June 2012 at 2:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    (Preferrably someone who had/currently has a job can answer this question.)

I was just curious, how would you answer this question (in a job interview): "What is your greatest weaknesses?" Or "What are your weaknesses?"

To those that never had a job, expect this question in a job interview - always. This is one of the most trickiest questions which determines whether you get a job or not. Hopefully, I can get an insight on this.
    Honestly, I just always tell the truth. One of my greatest weaknesses is that I'm irrationally afraid of driving long distances - like in the hundreds of miles - by myself, especially in a thunderstorm. Every single job interview I've EVER had has asked me this question. And that's always what I tell them, because it's true.

If I were you, I'd really think about that question so you can give them an insightful answer. If you give them the generic "My greatest weakness is taking criticism" or something that avoids the question like "I'm afraid of spiders", that's not a good answer. Show them that you know yourself and that you're not afraid to express who you are. A boss wants to know that his/her employees are willing to come to them when they have some sort of issue like that, and everyone has weaknesses. NEVER tell them that you don't know or that you don't have any. That shows that either you don't know you and/or that you are a liar.

Plus, knowing your weaknesses and being able to express them and accept them is healthy psychologically.

-------

Page 67 of 113 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast