Page 70 of 113 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2819

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Dear IPhone users- Have you heard this rumour sayin' that it shouldn't be charged up to the exact 100% each time it is being charged, but more like around the 90 percents? What do you know about it?
    Er... nope. There's nothing wrong with charging your iPhone up to 100% every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Er... nope. There's nothing wrong with charging your iPhone up to 100% every time.
    Really? Thx.
    Back to IPhone stuff again... When I import CDs usin' the ITunes the songs turn out to be very heavy. Is there anyway to lighten their weight?

Where did the stereotype for clever/intelligent people being more likely to wear glasses originate from?
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Dear IPhone users- Have you heard this rumour sayin' that it shouldn't be charged up to the exact 100% each time it is being charged, but more like around the 90 percents? What do you know about it?
    It's actually better to charge it up from a very low percent (around 10%) to 100% in one go. This goes for any battery that needs charging like this (including your DS's, people).
    It's because if you keep it at whatever percent it's usually at (like 90% or so), your phone will start to "recognize" that 90% is its usual maximum, and then your battery will drain really fast from 100% to 90%. It's even worse when your usual is 50%.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    It's actually better to charge it up from a very low percent (around 10%) to 100% in one go. This goes for any battery that needs charging like this (including your DS's, people).
    It's because if you keep it at whatever percent it's usually at (like 90% or so), your phone will start to "recognize" that 90% is its usual maximum, and then your battery will drain really fast from 100% to 90%. It's even worse when your usual is 50%.
    but then if one does not choose to charge its IPhone all the way up to the 100s, how will it get there?
    Do you have an answer for my previous question maybe.. [2 posts above yours]?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerp View Post
    What exactly makes them run at a loss? Internet cost? I don't see how their losing money here...
    Server costs, derp.
    Honestly, stop being money-greedy.. if your running a server to try and make money, no one is going to give.
    Last edited by 32er; 25th July 2012 at 7:58 PM.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Jerp View Post
    What exactly makes them run at a loss? Internet cost? I don't see how their losing money here...
    Adding to what Sceptichomp said, it also takes a while for a good server to pick up- and that's if it's good. So for a first few weeks/months, you may get only a few people, and if their paying, you won't make a profit.
    But there are many free good servers as well, so you might get no interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Where did the stereotype for clever/intelligent people being more likely to wear glasses originate from?
    My best guess is the fact that a large portion of the glasses-wearing population uses them for reading, and unintelligent people wouldn't need to read so thus wouldn't need glasses. Or, the "cool kids" in school didn't get glasses because they didn't want to for whatever reason and just didn't get enough information, but those who actually wanted to learn used the glasses and were smarter than the ones who didn't...

OK, that was all just an inference that wasn't too well thought up, but I think it has some weight.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Question: What's a good, cost effective USB microphone?

Benmeister, what's your price range? Cost effective can mean a lot of things... but if you're under $75, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cm_cd_asin_lnk

Why do people use the word h*te?

Please don't type out the actual word now I'm really upsetted if I see it.
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxhydre View Post

Dude, this is the Internet. That's not even close to the worst word you'll ever see. I know that this is easier said than done, but you need to get used to seeing that word. It isn't always used in a malicious way; it is a strong word, but most often the connotation associated with it is benign. This is a very friendly forum, but people aren't going to stop saying it just because it offends you.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

You should sell your computer and come back when you can handle the Internet.

QUESTION ABOUT MY GUITAR

so with my electric guitar, whenever I go play the high frets on the 6th string, the notes are always out of tune. ONLY the higher frets (15 and above).
    It's really annoying because I need to do a half string bend (or wtv the hell it's called) in order to get the right pitch.
    Any ideas why this is happening? Is this normal?

hate?
    you obviously haven't surf to the deep sea part of internet with glamorous grandeur feast of sailor curse words.
    hack, just go to any youtube videos with high number of views and comments enabled. the flame war, cursing, ad hominem, and insults will repel you form the net forever.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    hate?
    you obviously haven't surf to the deep sea part of internet with glamorous grandeur feast of sailor curse words.
    hack, just go to any youtube videos with high number of views and comments enabled. the flame war, cursing, ad hominem, and insults will repel you form the net forever.
    if you consider youtube the "deep sea part of the internet" there is a 99.9% chance that you are 12

Quote Originally Posted by Magnegross View Post
    if you consider youtube the "deep sea part of the internet" there is a 99.9% chance that you are 12

hahahahaha
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

I want to make good YTPs but only have Windows Movie Maker. Does anyone know a good free video editor for Windows?
    Last edited by TeamRocketGrunt; 30th July 2012 at 11:57 PM.
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

History geek question: What would you consider the end of the European medieval era? I want to say Christopher Columbus beginning the colonization of the Americas, but there are lots of potential answers there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRocketGrunt View Post
    I want to make good YTPs but only have Windows Movie Maker. Does anyone know a good free video editor for Windows?
    Lightworks is a very much "Pro" Video Editor but it's Free with a paid "upgrade". http://www.lwks.com/ Due the way it's programmed you may discover that your videos you want to edit can not be imported. These usually are from Mobile phones. This editor is made for TV show and Movie editors, and does need training to even use the basic funtions. (The good news it's free via youtube.)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
    Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
    Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Hate is not the worse thing you will ever hear, grow a pair and deal with it or just shut yourself off from the world.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    History geek question: What would you consider the end of the European medieval era? I want to say Christopher Columbus beginning the colonization of the Americas, but there are lots of potential answers there.
    At the start of the industrial revolution.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    At the start of the industrial revolution.
    That is certainly an interesting theory. You should write a book arguing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Has anyone else met this problem before? My itunes icon doesn't work while my IPhone is connected, only when it's becomin' connected to the computer and then it works until I close it. Otherwise it just pops-out the frame of the ITunes, but the computer is sort-of stuck and I should CTRL ALT DELETE it to bring it back to normal.

Any advices?

Has anyone else met this problem before? My itunes icon doesn't work while my IPhone is connected, only when it's becomin' connected to the computer and then it works until I close it. Otherwise it just pops-out the frame of the ITunes, but the computer is sort-of stuck and I should CTRL ALT DELETE it to bring it back to normal.

Any advices?
    Yes, I have some advice. Rewrite your situation so that it makes a bit more sense. Your iTunes icon? Pops out of the frame of iTunes? What?
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    So I recently have requests from other friends to type essays for them. After some research on fees, according to a few examples, one went for $10 per page, one went for $25 for three pages, and another went by the difficulty of the essays. I was leaning towards $30 or $40 (assuming three pages), but I don't know. If you were me - if someone asked you to type...say, a 1250-word paper for him/her (which is three pages if I remember correctly), how much would you charge to that person?
    Depends on how desperate they are.

Page 70 of 113 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast