Page 71 of 113 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2824

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Eh, deleted the post because I was gonna post it to the Student Lounge thread, but too late now. Anyway, I just might stick to $30-40 unless there's a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    Eh, deleted the post because I was gonna post it to the Student Lounge thread, but too late now. Anyway, I just might stick to $30-40 unless there's a better idea.
    I wouldn't go higher than that, if these people are your friends. Otherwise, leave it at that or perhaps aim slightly higher.

I sincerely hope that you and your friends don't get caught. I teach college classes, and maybe this is because my classes only have 16-25 students in them, but I know how each of my students writes and what their spelling, grammar, and syntax is like. And I don't know that just from essays; I know it from their quizzes and homework. If one of my students suddenly changed his or her writing demeanor, I would know right away and I would immediately be suspicious that they were cheating. You would be surprised how easy it is to tell when a student doesn't write his or her own essay.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Yes, I have some advice. Rewrite your situation so that it makes a bit more sense. Your iTunes icon? Pops out of the frame of iTunes? What?
    Understand me please. Not all of this forum's community members speak and write english as their first lang. Moreover, i dont find my post that hard to be understood.

Back to my q again- while my iphone is connected to the computer i cant launch the itunes regularly- sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

Is there anyway i can fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Understand me please. Not all of this forum's community members speak and write english as their first lang. Moreover, i dont find my post that hard to be understood.

Back to my q again- while my iphone is connected to the computer i cant launch the itunes regularly- sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

Is there anyway i can fix it?
    So what happens? You connect your iPhone to to the computer, and you try to launch iTunes and it doesn't open? Or you already have iTunes open and when you connect your iPhone it doesn't come up as a device listed on the side?

When you plug in your iPhone, does your computer make that binging noise, indicating that it recognizes that you connected a device?

You may need to update iTunes if you haven't done that recently, or you may need to update your iPhone's operating system. Sometimes, when I've left my computer on for days at a time (hibernating it at night), I connect my iPhone to my computer, and iTunes won't recognize it. Then I unplug my iPhone and shut my computer down and restart it, and that fixes the problem.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

If I buy a region 1 DVD, will it play on my computer (bought in the UK)? My brother said it would, but I just read somewhere recently that it wouldn't.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    History geek question: What would you consider the end of the European medieval era? I want to say Christopher Columbus beginning the colonization of the Americas, but there are lots of potential answers there.
    The late medieval era ended when the Renaissance started. When that happened differs for each region/country. The Italian Renaissance started already during the fourteenth century, so that's around 1300 - 1400. For example, in England it started in the late fifteenth century. You've to understand it was a process, it didn't start at a date. Barely if not none historical eras do. It's like the music now, it's developed into a style, it isn't made up in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    At the start of the industrial revolution.
    If you consider the Renaissance as Medieval times, then you'd have made a point. But then again, aren't we still in the industrial revolution right now as well? It's the same idea I think.

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    If I buy a region 1 DVD, will it play on my computer (bought in the UK)? My brother said it would, but I just read somewhere recently that it wouldn't.
    Yes, A UK PC can play Region 1 DVDs and have no issue with formats, And No, there are things preventing it.

The issue is that Many PC DVD drives have DVD region lock out. I should point out while MOST DVD have Region Lockouts, some DVD may not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

Which ones are selected, and how many times you can switch it is limited via a hardware "lockout". There are options with in Windows: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh/...01bf98036819db Plus several software DVD players ignore the region lock outs too.

In short, you may need to make one of these changes but you can manage it if you are careful.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I sincerely hope that you and your friends don't get caught. I teach college classes, and maybe this is because my classes only have 16-25 students in them, but I know how each of my students writes and what their spelling, grammar, and syntax is like. And I don't know that just from essays; I know it from their quizzes and homework. If one of my students suddenly changed his or her writing demeanor, I would know right away and I would immediately be suspicious that they were cheating. You would be surprised how easy it is to tell when a student doesn't write his or her own essay.
    Oh, hm. Well, I think there's 40 students in that class (but then again, I don't know the exact amount because I'm not in that class)...but I did inform my friend to change some of the wordings just to be safe. I didn't know you were a teacher, too. I'll probably need to tell him to make his words look identical to his previous work, then.

Oh, hm. Well, I think there's 40 students in that class (but then again, I don't know the exact amount because I'm not in that class)...but I did inform my friend to change some of the wordings just to be safe. I didn't know you were a teacher, too. I'll probably need to tell him to make his words look identical to his previous work, then.
    I am in no way encouraging you to cheat, but I have caught a LOT of students cheating, and they have all had to pay the price for it. I have a lot of methods for catching cheaters, and one of the preliminary and very effective methods that I use is paying attention to their wording. I notice almost immediately when a student is using words that I'm fairly confident that he or she doesn't know - and upon investigation, about a 75% or 80% of the time it wasn't their work that they had turned in.

-------

So what happens? You connect your iPhone to to the computer, and you try to launch iTunes and it doesn't open? Or you already have iTunes open and when you connect your iPhone it doesn't come up as a device listed on the side?

When you plug in your iPhone, does your computer make that binging noise, indicating that it recognizes that you connected a device?

You may need to update iTunes if you haven't done that recently, or you may need to update your iPhone's operating system. Sometimes, when I've left my computer on for days at a time (hibernating it at night), I connect my iPhone to my computer, and iTunes won't recognize it. Then I unplug my iPhone and shut my computer down and restart it, and that fixes the problem.
    It does recognize the device. The computer automatically opens the itunes when my iphone's connected. The problem happens once the itunes been closed for a reason, then most of the time while i'm trying to open it it stucks.

Maybe you're right about the updating thing. I have rejected some requests for an update from my itunes lately... How do I update my iphone operation though? Will it ask me to do it too?

It does recognize the device. The computer automatically opens the itunes when my iphone's connected. The problem happens once the itunes been closed for a reason, then most of the time while i'm trying to open it it stucks.

Maybe you're right about the updating thing. I have rejected some requests for an update from my itunes lately... How do I update my iphone operation though? Will it ask me to do it too?
    My iPhone automatically lets me know when there's an update available for it when I connect it to iTunes. So I would update your iTunes first and see if it will recognize your iPhone afterwards. Make sure you restart your computer after updating iTunes.

-------

My iPhone automatically lets me know when there's an update available for it when I connect it to iTunes. So I would update your iTunes first and see if it will recognize your iPhone afterwards. Make sure you restart your computer after updating iTunes.
    Tried to install the itunes' update and it said INVALID SIGNATURE. COULDN'T FULFILL THE INSTALLATION PROCESS. Wtf...?

Tried to install the itunes' update and it said INVALID SIGNATURE. COULDN'T FULFILL THE INSTALLATION PROCESS. Wtf...?
    I've never heard of that before. Maybe you should call Apple tech support.

-------

I've never heard of that before. Maybe you should call Apple tech support.
    Or buy a new phone. Apple products aren't very good and are overpriced.

^ I would +1 this comment if I could. If you end up getting a new phone, I'd highly recommend an Android phone as their software is close to Apple's. (But almost everything is better in Android compared to Apple

If you want to stick with your iPhone, have you tried a full wipe? Like a factory reset? Or have you tried uninstalling itunes and re-installing it?

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Or buy a new phone. Apple products aren't very good and are overpriced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    ^ I would +1 this comment if I could. If you end up getting a new phone, I'd highly recommend an Android phone as their software is close to Apple's. (But almost everything is better in Android compared to Apple

If you want to stick with your iPhone, have you tried a full wipe? Like a factory reset? Or have you tried uninstalling itunes and re-installing it?
    iPhones require a contract, though. Although he could switch to an Android later, if he has an iPhone now, he's stuck with it until the contract is up. That might be tomorrow or that might be two years from now. So although Android might be the sweet, sweet blissful nirvana of cellphones, he needs to get the iPhone fixed...which means calling Apple tech support.

And MightyArceus gave some good advice - you could try a factory reset, but before you do that, you need to copy all of your contacts to somewhere safe, because wiping your phone will delete all of your numbers.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post

Why would I want to wipe it out? Moreorver it's rather new. Approximately one month old.

Why would I want to wipe it out? Moreorver it's rather new. Approximately one month old.
    If uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes on your computer didn't work, then it might be a problem in the iPhone. So backing up your apps/contacts and doing a factory reset might clean up the problem.

So my brother gave me a My Touch phone not too long ago. I put my sim card in the phone and used it like I would my old one. Now here come's the problem; the phone will turn on, but the screen won't. The buttons light up when I press power, but the screen stays black. I can charge it and everything, just no picture. Can anyone enlighten me on what's happening?
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    So my brother gave me a My Touch phone not too long ago. I put my sim card in the phone and used it like I would my old one. Now here come's the problem; the phone will turn on, but the screen won't. The buttons light up when I press power, but the screen stays black. I can charge it and everything, just no picture. Can anyone enlighten me on what's happening?
    Take it to a phone shop of sorts (I don't know if you have Carphone Warehouse in America?) and see what they say. My screen broke, too, but I just got a new phone.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Can someone help me understand IVs and EVs?

What are all the things you need to know before staring competitive battling? If you don't mind just PM/Vm me the answer

FC:1891-1694-6992

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeballa947 View Post
    Can someone help me understand IVs and EVs?
    Very simply, IVs are "Individual Values" that a Pokemon is "born" with. You cannot change them. There is an IV for each stat and it ranges from 0 to 31. The higher the number, the better the IV, so a 31 is the best IV you can get. A Pokemon with high IVs will have MUCH better stats than one with 0 IVs.

EVs are "Effort Values, which you earn from fighting wild Pokemon or NPC Pokemon. Each Pokemon gives 1 - 3 EVs in one or two stats. For example, every time you fight a Rattata, ALL Pokemon who participated in the battle get 1 Speed EV. 4 EVs in a stat equal one stat point. You can get 510 EVs total, and a max of 252 in one stat, meaning that you can raise one stat by a total of 64 points.

If you want to know more about how to breed for IVs and how to EV train, let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Wooper View Post
    What are all the things you need to know before staring competitive battling? If you don't mind just PM/Vm me the answer
    That's a loaded question. You need to understand IVs and EVs and how to use them. You need to understand what a tank, an annoyer, a sweeper, and a revenge killer are and how and why to use them. You can't have a team full of powerful attackers, like Garchomp and Haxorus, that don't work together. Those teams almost always lose to teams of less powerful Pokemon that mesh well. You need to understand how to use abilities so that they complement each other (such as Drought/Cholorophyll) and moves along with abilities (always use Earthquake with a Levitator or a Flying-type in a Double-battle). You need to make sure that your team can properly fight against all types - like you can't make a Rain team with all Water-types, or you will be demolished by the first Pokemon you encounter that knows Thunder, because Thunder gets 100% accuracy in Rain. You WANT to use Steel-types and Grass-types in the rain, because rain lessens the power of fire. You need to know how to use your team, but also how to counter common team types.

Weather is one of the most prominent team strategies now because of all of the abilities that work together well in a certain weather. You will see Rain teams and Sandstorm teams most of the time, Drought teams are uncommon, and Hail teams are very rare.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 6th August 2012 at 5:50 AM.

-------

Very simply, IVs are "Individual Values" that a Pokemon is "born" with. You cannot change them. There is an IV for each stat and it ranges from 0 to 31. The higher the number, the better the IV, so a 31 is the best IV you can get. A Pokemon with high IVs will have MUCH better stats than one with 0 IVs.

EVs are "Effort Values, which you earn from fighting wild Pokemon or NPC Pokemon. Each Pokemon gives 1 - 3 EVs in one or two stats. For example, every time you fight a Rattata, ALL Pokemon who participated in the battle get 1 Speed EV. 4 EVs in a stat equal one stat point. You can get 510 EVs total, and a max of 252 in one stat, meaning that you can raise one stat by a total of 64 points.

If you want to know more about how to breed for IVs and how to EV train, let us know.

That's a loaded question. You need to understand IVs and EVs and how to use them. You need to understand what a tank, an annoyer, a sweeper, and a revenge killer are and how and why to use them. You can't have a team full of powerful attackers, like Garchomp and Haxorus, that don't work together. Those teams almost always lose to teams of less powerful Pokemon that mesh well. You need to understand how to use abilities so that they complement each other (such as Drought/Cholorophyll) and moves along with abilities (always use Earthquake with a Levitator or a Flying-type in a Double-battle). You need to make sure that your team can properly fight against all types - like you can't make a Rain team with all Water-types, or you will be demolished by the first Pokemon you encounter that knows Thunder, because Thunder gets 100% accuracy in Rain. You WANT to use Steel-types and Grass-types in the rain, because rain lessens the power of fire. You need to know how to use your team, but also how to counter common team types.

Weather is one of the most prominent team strategies now because of all of the abilities that work together well in a certain weather. You will see Rain teams and Sandstorm teams most of the time, Drought teams are uncommon, and Hail teams are very rare.
    Oh sorry i thought it would be a bit easier

FC:1891-1694-6992

Page 71 of 113 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast