Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoiseboy19 View Post
    After? I had no idea there was an after. However, I believe it takes aboutn an hour for the protein to kick in before exercise.
    You can take it before and after, but I only take it after excersise.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hyperion33 View Post
    Dunno about after, but from personal experience over an hour before doing the exercise works best.
    Yep. I've won many a karate tournament with the one our rule.

thanks adam you da best
    average bi whos ready to try
    formerly blastoiseboy19

Is editing sprites (i.e. making fusions as done in the fan art section) actually legal? And is using the pictures in the ways Serebii does on the main site legal too?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Its more of a thing were you can do it, but you can't sell stuff with your sprite fusions on it.
    Signiture Underconstruction

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Is editing sprites (i.e. making fusions as done in the fan art section) actually legal? And is using the pictures in the ways Serebii does on the main site legal too?
    Copyright law is confusing at best. But It can be argued either and both parties are right.

Fan art, and fan sites, may fall under a fair use policy, or just plainly ignored as it's generally considered Free Promotion. In some cases, Fan art has become the offical art for a character. The Administrator for TF2 was first designed by a fan, Valve then bought the art and then used the design to for their comics. ( http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Administrator )

But I've heard reports that some fanartist's have threatened with fine, but I've got any confirmation of it.

You don't need to be actually making money of using other peoples IP to have legal action used against you. I could technically fine you if you drew Erika and Lana from My Novel The Fall, if you didn't ask me. (I won't or I'd let it slide by asking that you did something for me.)

With all that over.. I have got to say I'm not a lawyer and this is not Legal Advice.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Hm, okay. Thank you for your answers, you two!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Yep, and can you write in regular text? I can barely read the purple.

Oh, also:
    Avatars used on forums... would they fall under "fair-use" if they are copyrighted? I also did some research and found out that the idea that "if you're not using it for profit, it's okay" is false.

My Animelist

Really? well im sure that Serebii has right to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Oh, also:
    Avatars used on forums... would they fall under "fair-use" if they are copyrighted? I also did some research and found out that the idea that "if you're not using it for profit, it's okay" is false.
    I think serebii and TV tokyo have some kind of agreement to allow the avatars to be used for that purpose only and not to be copied and pasted Or at least that's what I think it is.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Could you two find any sources for that at all? If not, then the question still stands, in addition to another I was wondering about:
    Do copyright laws stretch to personal use? For example, if I drew a picture of Pikachu, and the only person to ever see it was me, would it still, technically, be illegal?

Thank you for your answers, guys!

My Animelist

No. why do you think there's so much pkmn fan art?

thanks adam you da best
    formerly blastoiseboy19

Another computer problem. *Sigh* but last night my monitor just turned off. Well not turned off because it was actually still on, hard to explain but I will try:

I was just browsing on some crap, and at the time was doing nothing or even moving when suddenly the monitor turns black, at first I thought it turned off so I tried turning it back on (The little light was on though) and for a few seconds the screen would come back to my desktop then turn black again. And with my lights on I could see that it was still on (In very faded colors, you could see anything that was white on the screen vaguley, like someone turned the brightness to zero or something, which I did not).

So I turned my computer off and waited until this morning to see if the damn thing would work (On my sis's computer now), and when it started up the screen didn't go to black until it almost got to the login screen and went black. This wasn't the first time the monitor did this, months ago it just randomly turned off but later it came on and was okay then. I don't remember what I did to turn it on.

Can anyone answer what's wrong with it?
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

You might do better in the Tech Support Forum...

thanks adam you da best
    formerly blastoiseboy19

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    Another computer problem. *Sigh* but last night my monitor just turned off. Well not turned off because it was actually still on, hard to explain but I will try:

I was just browsing on some crap, and at the time was doing nothing or even moving when suddenly the monitor turns black, at first I thought it turned off so I tried turning it back on (The little light was on though) and for a few seconds the screen would come back to my desktop then turn black again. And with my lights on I could see that it was still on (In very faded colors, you could see anything that was white on the screen vaguley, like someone turned the brightness to zero or something, which I did not).

So I turned my computer off and waited until this morning to see if the damn thing would work (On my sis's computer now), and when it started up the screen didn't go to black until it almost got to the login screen and went black. This wasn't the first time the monitor did this, months ago it just randomly turned off but later it came on and was okay then. I don't remember what I did to turn it on.

Can anyone answer what's wrong with it?
    Hey Willow's Tara, what kind of computer do you have? Is it a desktop or laptop?

It's a desktop (Which was actually mentioned in the post:P), I tried making sure all the cords were right btw and pushed them back in but didn't do anything, so I don't think it's the cords (I didn't mentioned that before)

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    It's a desktop (Which was actually mentioned in the post:P), I tried making sure all the cords were right btw and pushed them back in but didn't do anything, so I don't think it's the cords (I didn't mentioned that before)
    whoops, sorry missed that. What kind of desktop is it? Dell, HP, etc?

Well on the left hand corner of the monitor it says Nec so I suppose that's it? Not sure.

Although the computer itself is a HP, given I just bought the computer last year in early 2010. The monitor I still had from my old computer before that (Which that computer I had like for 8 years or something, I am 23 so I had it like between 12-14 I think)

Hm, that makes the monitor pretty old then...

Well, anyways, I'm no tech expert, but I had this problem before, although it was on a laptop. I would first try and see if the monitor works in safe mode. Try following these instructions:

Enter Safe Mode at startup
    Follow the steps below to start Windows Vista in Safe Mode.
    Remove all CDs and DVDs from the computer.
    Restart the computer.
    At the first screen on restart, before the HP or Windows logo appears, press the f8 key repeatedly.
    When prompted, select the Safe Mode with Networking option.
    Log onto the computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

Guess I will give that a try but not sure if it will prevent the screen going from black, thanks although I wonder if it just means I need a new one?

Does anyone know how to make a star on your keyboard not this * but a full 5 sided star
    PokeYami
    Make sure Wadder is your refferer!
    i don't want this moment, to ever end
    when everything is nothing, without you

Tumblr--EGC--My Anime List
    Giving away shinies/dw/event? I'll take them

Possibly, another problem is that your computer may be overheating. You may need to clean out the fan. I'm really not sure how to do that on a desktop, so you may want to call HP. That fixed my screen going black problems before. I had to call in like two technicians to help fix it, and that didn't help so one day I cleaned a bunch of dust from my laptop's fan, and it worked fine afterwards.

Ces- Oh please don't say that! I was told that in late 09 which led to the destruction of my previous computer. But this is just the monitor anyways, everything else was fine. The last time my computer started overheating (Last year) it was the computer that gave me hell while the monitor just sat there and worked, you know if the computer would actually do it. Difference is this is a year old computer, that was an aleast 8 year old computer that was on the decline since 2007, I kid you not every year it was a problem leading right up until March 2010 when it would never work again.

Want to know what happened? We tried fixing it. Replacing the graphics card (Which was the main thing overheating), replacing practicably everything inside that computer and wiping things off, cleaning the insides like the fan. I spent nearly over $300 for that piece of crap but it died out on me anyways.

You know the kicker? (Sorry kinda of ranting here), my brother who I asked in October 09 when I was told this to help me fix it and clean it. I told him what this one mod of another forum told me, he just said well basically call her an idiot, and I went along with it because I didn't want to go through the hassle of it. But if he had listened to me in 09, well I don't know but it could have saved me alot of money.

Anyways I might call HP or some other person, my brother's good at the computer.. Or maybe he thinks he's good and is the reason of my computer's rapid downfall between 09-10. But I don't understand how the fan and everything inside the computer is going to affect the monitor? I should point out my monitor never did this on my old computer (It was the computer itself that did it)

Edit: I tried the Safe mode part. Only thing is I didn't know how to get into it. So I loaded my computer up and press F5 constantly when the blue screen came up (It;s normal, just that picture of HP or whatever with a blue background). I thought I should press maybe F10 to boot or something so I did, came up with some stuff I didn't know..

Only thing is it turned black again. So I think even entering safe mode might not help, but tell me how to get into it again? You never know (I can't keep turning my computer off and on btw, because then it will stuff up like my old computer did. And since the screen turns black I have to turn it off at the button)
    Last edited by Willow's Tara; 28th October 2011 at 1:29 AM.

Ok, you should probably just call HP, they know more than me.

But the computer screen turns black to save power. Overheating puts such a strain on the computer that it can't handle it anymore.

I see, well it has done that before where my computer turned off due to overheating by itself.

But I think you are missing something maybe? I did mention that when my lights were on I can still see the faint image of my desktop, especially if it's white like my start up stuff, so the monitor is still technically on, but that's probably is maybe overheating?

I edited some of my post so you probably didn't see it.
    Edit: I tried the Safe mode part. Only thing is I didn't know how to get into it. So I loaded my computer up and press F5 constantly when the blue screen came up (It;s normal, just that picture of HP or whatever with a blue background). I thought I should press maybe F10 to boot or something so I did, came up with some stuff I didn't know..

Only thing is it turned black again. So I think even entering safe mode might not help, but tell me how to get into it again? You never know (I can't keep turning my computer off and on btw, because then it will stuff up like my old computer did. And since the screen turns black I have to turn it off at the button)

Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast