Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

I'm sorry, you should probably just call HP. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

No you were, thanks I will try if I can get to them, or get someone to look at it. But the last time it did this it did fix itself after a day, maybe it will do the same (Here's the kicker though, I was away for almost three days, my computer was off that long and it was only yesterday I got home, and like 4-8 hours that the computer was on)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoiseboy19 View Post
    No. why do you think there's so much pkmn fan art?
    Is it not copyright infringement, though? And, if it is, would it still be so if there were no plans to distribute it? Could someone please clear me up on this. I've recently read this: http://www.intelproplaw.com/Forum/Fo...7900766;start= and was wondering whether it was true or not.

Oh, I also have another question along the same lines as my previous ones.
    Would a text-based role-playing site be illegal (technically or otherwise) if it were based on an existing franchise, such as Pokémon or Warrior Cats? This would class as a derivative work, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by Roseheart95; 29th October 2011 at 5:21 PM.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Might seem an odd question...
    Thor's hammer was called Mjölnir. Now in Anglo Saxon mythology Thor was called Thunor (where we get Thursday from). So I was wondering, did Mjölnir have an Anglo-Saxon equivalent/rename?
    I can't answer this at the moment, but I'm taking an Anglo-Saxon/Norse mythology course next quarter at my college, so I'll get back to you on that. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Joker View Post
    Junior Year apparently means figuring out what you're going to do with your life.

So I went to a college fair last Friday, and I found around 7 different schools I'm interested in going to after I graduate. They are all around four hours away from my house right now, and that is the general area that I want to be. Far enough away so I don't have to actually see my family with the exceptions for holidays and visits and close enough to get there within 5 hours in case of an emergency.

My parents want to limit our college visits to 4 schools, and that is okay with me. My question is, should I apply to all 7, or just apply to the 4 in which I'm visiting? When should I start applying?
    Definitely start applying as soon as you can because a.) the sooner you finish, the less you have to worry about it in the future, and b.) some colleges offer special scholarships that can only be received when you apply before certain (and mostly early) deadlines. I'd definitely get started ASAP.
    As far as how many of the colleges you should apply to, I'd definitely go with the initial top four that you had in mind. I was the same way as you last year during my college application process—I wanted to apply everywhere. But then I came across the dreaded application fee. All of the colleges I applied to cost between $40-$65 JUST to apply. That alone was enough to limit me to four. I also feel that applying to any more will make your final decision more stressful because you'll have to weigh factors like tuition, majors, etc. among seven schools, rather than four. It'll be easier in the long-run. Hope this helps!
    SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION SINCE I HAVEN'T BEEN ON SPPF FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS

Last.fm|Twitter

Could you give more than two EMs to a pokemon with two different father pokemon
    Example:
    Machamp and Electabuzz=CrossChop(EM)
    Hitmonchan and Electabuzz(CrossChop)=CrossChop,Fire punch,Ice punch,and Thunderpunch(EM)
    Just wondering if this as possible
    Think I posted this in the wrong question thead.
    Last edited by Cratess; 1st November 2011 at 3:35 PM. Reason: Wrong post?
    Name:Josh
    Black FC:3783 1690 5531

OFFICIALLY CLAIMED THE
    WOOLY MAMMOTH MAMOSWINE

CLICK THE USERBAR TO GO STRAIGHT TO MY SHOP
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/i1w3u8.gif[/img]
    Thanks to -Sarah for making the awesome userbar
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.

I'm usually the only one to use our wifi. The other day my stepdad was using it on his computer while I was trying to get on the pokemon wifi room, I was having a lot a trouble connecting to the person I was seeking. Can his using the wifi on the comp affect my DS wifi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratess View Post
    Could you give more than two EMs to a pokemon with two different father pokemon
    Example:
    Machamp and Electabuzz=CrossChop(EM)
    Hitmonchan and Electabuzz(CrossChop)=CrossChop,Fire punch,Ice punch,and Thunderpunch(EM)
    Just wondering if this as possible
    Think I posted this in the wrong question thead.
    Yes, this should likely go in the pokemon questions thread. But I believe the answer would be no.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

In Ben 10 Ultimate Alien's episode, ''Ultimate Sacrifice'', when all the Ultimate transformations are freed from the Ultimatrix, can Ben still go ultimate?

Can people without a LiveJournal comment on LiveJournal entries? Or is it like DeviantArt where you have to be a member?

Whenever I try to log-on to Nintendo Wi-Fi, it gives me the error code 5200. It says I have a problem obtaining the IP adress, but when I run a connection test it works fine. I have a pending trade and I can't obtain my FC and its really, really, really annoying. Can someone give me help?
    R.I.P. Kelley. I love you, now go play with Jesus. You were so sweet. And remember, someday you'll see us again. 2007-2011

I will not be on very often anymore... keeping up my own site now.

Is it youre first time using it?Did you register youre friend code?Also, always double check youre routers connection and where you are.
    COME JOIN MY NEW SITE NEED STAFF!http://pokemasters.createmybb3.com

I'm sitting about 20 feet away. It is my first time using it with the new router. The lady IS offering me a friend code. I don't have one since I needed a new DS because my old one broke. The connection test runs fine, but everything else- eshop, GTS, EVERYTHING is giving me a new error code and just not connecting. Nintendo.com is no help because my router brand is not listed anywhere. *eye twitches*
    R.I.P. Kelley. I love you, now go play with Jesus. You were so sweet. And remember, someday you'll see us again. 2007-2011

I will not be on very often anymore... keeping up my own site now.

Does facetious hava a coochie or a d!cky?
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    Does facetious hava a coochie or a d!cky?
    What the hell is wrong with you.

He's male; his name is Jay.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

I've been curious about this small excerpt from Time Magazine...

"Did you know that when people appear in your dreams, it's because that person wants to see you."
    Is this true? Could someone, if possible, elaborate on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Clair View Post
    Can people without a LiveJournal comment on LiveJournal entries? Or is it like DeviantArt where you have to be a member?
    You don't need an account.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSphere View Post

I've heard this as well, but I really don't know how the brain would possibly know that. It's probably more likely that you recently thought of them, or want to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSphere View Post

Could you link us or give us a more specific quote? We don't know who wrote this or how knowledgeable they are on this subject.

I don't give that quote much credit, regardless of the vagueness and unspecified speaker. I suppose there could be a short distance transfer of some sort of brainwaves (if such has possibility of existing) or bodily material (like pheromones). Long distance, though, seems impossible, unless we're speaking supernatural here.

Of course, even then, I would still doubt that every person in our dreams wants to see us...
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

ok whats up with the IV calculator it keeps telling me numbers are too high and can not compute. am i using it wrong......lol

Quote Originally Posted by zarathos05 View Post
    ok whats up with the IV calculator it keeps telling me numbers are too high and can not compute. am i using it wrong......lol
    Make sure you enter in all the required information and know how many EVs you have.

Wait a minute, this is Misc. Go use the Pokemon Questions Thread in General Pokemon Discussion.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

thanks sorry new here still trying to find places

How do you say these two things in Japanese?
    I walked down the hall
    I went up the stairs

The Japanese question thread I usually go to at another forum is very inactive so I came here.

Lets see, might not be correct because of the Google use.

私が廊下を歩いて or Watashi ga rōka o aruite
    and
    私は階段を上って行きました or Watashi wa kaidan o nobotte ikimashita
    Signiture Underconstruction

Google for language translations is normally incorrect. And apparently Japanese translations are the worst. So maybe it would be best to wait for someone who knows Japanese well.

xxx

LOL, what did i say?

Is it okay to say "Alright"? Or should I just continue to use "All right"? Or does it matter at all?

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Well, what ever spell check says. Either way works, so it doesn't matter.

Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast