Page 99 of 110 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2744

Thread: The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Does anyone have any knowledge of geology? I would greatly appreciate if someone could identify these rocks for me.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...89087717_n.jpg

| tumblr. | dA |

Quote Originally Posted by Toobworm View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge of geology? I would greatly appreciate if someone could identify these rocks for me.

B and J look a little like quartz and amethyst, respectively. G also looks like another type of quartz. Don't take my word for it, though.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

Well, it's kinds of hard to tell just from a picture, and also some of those rocks (especially K) look polished, which makes them a LOT more difficult to identify. Also, where did you get them? That would make things a little easier.

A and B could potentially be quartz or calcite. You can tell calcite from quartz because calcite will bubble when you put it in vinegar. Quartz will not bubble.

C and D could potentially be obsidian. Obsidian is cooled lava. It's actually a lot more common than you'd think. I can't tell from your picture exactly what the structure of C and D is, but obsidian is very easy to identify because it has a distinct, smooth pattern, like in this picture. If C or D looks like this, then it's obsidian.

G I'm almost positive is amethyst. Amethyst is a very common, purple form of quartz.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Thanks you guys, I'm pretty sure I have a better idea about them now :3

"D" has a definite...melted quality to it, and it's not really smooth...it's layered. "C" is more jagged, and has a jagged parallelogram-kinda shape..?

I think most of them are quartz, though. thanks.

| tumblr. | dA |

My question.

Is Serebii himself some kind of deity or is he actually a Legendary?

Not shore if this is right place, I'm really under qualified to come up with a rooster for an X Box counter part for Super Smash Bros/PlayStation All stars battle royal. But I want to anyway. Dos Master Chief, Banjo, Gordon Freemon, Chell, Blinx, Scorpion, Kameo, Bayonetta, Conker, Steve?, Pea Shooter, Joana Dark, Heavy, Pryo, Juliet Starling, Alicia Claus, Gears of war guy and Fable guy cover who sane people would put in the game?
    Last edited by Chaos Werewolf; 30th June 2013 at 1:24 PM.

I don't normally ask anything of any of you, but there's something that has been bugging me for a while and search engines have been no help at all.

When I was a little one, I recall seeing a music video for a song by Sting and the Police. I don't remember much about the song other than the fact that it was very melancholy and haunting and the music video featured what looked like buffalo running about a field somewhat out of focus. I saw it in the early 1990's (like 1992), but the song is likely much older than that. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, my memory didn't serve as well as I thought. It's actually by U2 and is called "One" (give me a break, I was 3 in 1992).
    Last edited by NimhShambler; 2nd July 2013 at 12:21 AM.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    Not shore if this is right place, I'm really under qualified to come up with a rooster for an X Box counter part for Super Smash Bros/PlayStation All stars battle royal. But I want to anyway. Dos Master Chief, Banjo, Gordon Freemon, Chell, Blinx, Scorpion, Kameo, Bayonetta, Conker, Steve?, Pea Shooter, Joana Dark, Heavy, Pryo, Juliet Starling, Alicia Claus, Gears of war guy and Fable guy cover who sane people would put in the game?
    Sure

Don't forget Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Sure

Don't forget Stranger

Who...is that? and thank you.

A and B are most likely Quartz.
    C could be Moldavite. I remember having a stone very similar to D, and when I got it check out it was part of a meteorite.
    H could be Apatite or Snowflake Obsidian.
    I is Citrine
    and G is certainly Amethyst.
    K might be opal or Rhodochrosite

In written language, does the verb reply should come with the preposition back afterwards, or that's the main essence of this verb about this meaning, that it doesn't require any preposition after it?
    I've been using it quite often lately but and I've been wondering if the back [or any other preposition?] should be added afterwards or not..

Does anyone in here engage in sudoku? I've got a puzzle in which I can't find any further numbers, and I'm sick of looking at it (probably been looking at its current form for 2 or more hours).

Here's the puzzle, including everything I've filled in:
        Spoiler:

It's especially annoying since I completely filled in the top 3 rows, and I wrote down the possibilities for each square but that didn't yield anything either (I can write these upon request, but I figured it just crowd the puzzle). Also, I've confirmed the above numbers are correct.

I'm not really looking for the whole answer, I just want to know if someone can find something to do. Then I'd like to find out by what rule that was able to be found. I'm assuming it's either very obvious or very complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcaronick View Post
    How many carbs/calories do you guys think is taken off when you ask them to remove the inside of the bread at Subway?
    What do you mean by this? The image I'm seeing is a sandwich held inside just crust, which doesn't seem right.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Is big Daddy a hero antagonist? Is Kratos a villain Protagonist?

Is there a good site to post professional pictures on? I was thinking about posting some pictures of some designs I made on Photobucket (since I'd used that site for non-serious stuff), but wasn't sure if there was a better site.

Another way might be to say I'm looking for the Linkedin of picture posting sites.
    Is big Daddy a hero antagonist? Is Kratos a villain Protagonist?
    Kratos would likely be referred to as an anti-hero. If you're talking about only Subject Delta, then I'd call him a hero, although it's close to the grey area in between. If you mean just Big Daddies in general, that'd be harder for me to call, since we don't know much about each individual one.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Kratos is definitely a villain protagonist, it's just he's going up against people a little worse than him most of the time. Otherwise he's an awful person on his own.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    In written language, does the verb reply should come with the preposition back afterwards, or that's the main essence of this verb about this meaning, that it doesn't require any preposition after it?
    I've been using it quite often lately but and I've been wondering if the back [or any other preposition?] should be added afterwards or not..
    I'm pretty sure you're supposed to say "reply to" not "reply back".

Is Kratos a villain Protagonist?
    Yes he is.

He is also a badass.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

It doesn't really need a preposition at all, unless you mention to whom you are replying. So, ""I love Pokemon," I reply" does not need a preposition, but otherwise you can say ""I love Pokemon," I reply to him".

If I've misunderstood your question, please clarify what you meant with an example - but hopefully I've answered it

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

So Lex Luther thinks Alines are allays Evil? Thues Superman has to be Evil, and he thinks he's good but didn't he work with Sinestro? Or am I confused?

What's the best dancepad I can buy for PC so I can play stepmania? I want to lose weight so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdax View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're supposed to say "reply to" not "reply back".
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    It doesn't really need a preposition at all, unless you mention to whom you are replying. So, ""I love Pokemon," I reply" does not need a preposition, but otherwise you can say ""I love Pokemon," I reply to him".

If I've misunderstood your question, please clarify what you meant with an example - but hopefully I've answered it
    That's roughly what i meant. I understand it better now. Thank you guys.
    Another issue i'm rather often having troubles with in grammar is prepositions in general. How do i know which preposition come after each and every verb. Is there any logic behind this? All this 'it's in or on or at' dilema that i should write now really bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Vibrava View Post
    What's the best dancepad I can buy for PC so I can play stepmania? I want to lose weight so bad!
    Well. If your trying to lose weight your probably better off going with like a actual diet+exercise. Not that dancing games are not exercise but like. Running biking swimming stuff like that (Cardio basically) is generally going to benifit weight loss more then dancing games . .
        Spoiler:- Credits:

That's roughly what i meant. I understand it better now. Thank you guys.
    Another issue i'm rather often having troubles with in grammar is prepositions in general. How do i know which preposition come after each and every verb. Is there any logic behind this? All this 'it's in or on or at' dilema that i should write now really bothers me.
    As a native speaker, I haven't learnt any set rule like that. All I can recommend is to read a lot - I'm sure you already do, but just carrying on reading and writing in English is the best way to practise. If you're not sure if a verb should take a certain preposition, you can look it up on Wiktionary or something, and it will have examples of how the verb should be used. Something I'd do is maybe put a note in your signature to ask people to correct your grammar if they see it is incorrect. If you have any specific questions, feel free to VM me.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I'm going to like this thread a lot but please, don't judge me if I'm asking too many questions or simple questions. Sometimes, I only and will only believe what I believe or will always believe. Like I cannot just go look up articles and research on certain things to entertain me, I sometimes want to be persuaded on certain things. So here goes.

Why people enjoy such harsh music to their ears when they simply can't mimic or sing to such music such as Metal, Hardcore Rock, Heavy Metal, Screaming, Dubstep (unless its just music and no singing) and yeah.

Like I would understand why people ask me "why do you listen to Korean pop when you barely know what they're saying," because sometimes I can clearly say I am able to sing, translate the lyrics and memorize what symbol or romaninaztion translation to English. Sometimes I don't sound too good, sometimes I sound like utter crap but I know and believe I can sing and I will continue to do so. But I still need to be lectured on how can one enjoy the music I asked about. Please entertain me. I have so many questions to ask, even my friends can't answer all of them for me. (I'm a really curious person)

Quote Originally Posted by Kal Mage View Post
    I'm going to like this thread a lot but please, don't judge me if I'm asking too many questions or simple questions. Sometimes, I only and will only believe what I believe or will always believe. Like I cannot just go look up articles and research on certain things to entertain me, I sometimes want to be persuaded on certain things. So here goes.

Why people enjoy such harsh music to their ears when they simply can't mimic or sing to such music such as Metal, Hardcore Rock, Heavy Metal, Screaming, Dubstep (unless its just music and no singing) and yeah.

Like I would understand why people ask me "why do you listen to Korean pop when you barely know what they're saying," because sometimes I can clearly say I am able to sing, translate the lyrics and memorize what symbol or romaninaztion translation to English. Sometimes I don't sound too good, sometimes I sound like utter crap but I know and believe I can sing and I will continue to do so. But I still need to be lectured on how can one enjoy the music I asked about. Please entertain me. I have so many questions to ask, even my friends can't answer all of them for me. (I'm a really curious person)
    Some people just like the beat or the way it sounds, and don't listen to music for the words. There's plenty of music out there that's just instrumental, because a lot of people just like to hear the music without the singing. Music without words can remind you of good memories, or a place you like being, or the sky or the river or the sea or anything. It can be about whatever you want it to be about. Music with words is only about what the singer is saying.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Page 99 of 110 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast