View Poll Results: Harry Potter or Hunger Games?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harry Potter!

27 81.82%
  • Hunger Games

6 18.18%

Thread: Harry Potter Vs. Hunger Games

Default Harry Potter Vs. Hunger Games

Okay so my friends and I are fighting about which is better, Harry Potter or The Hunger Games.
    This is mostly for the books.
    Personally, I think Harry Potter is much better, but I wanted to prove this, so please vote!
    Check out my YouTube channel! We do walkthroughs on Wii U games! Please subscribe!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2E...Ut2gooOfRAQMVA

Vote on my Harry Potter vs. Hunger Games poll!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...s-Hunger-Games

I claim the unbeatable Turtwig.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Rate my team! Thanks!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...U-Doubles-Team

You're probably not going to prove it with some poll in the misc section of a Pokemon site.

Harry Potter is marginally better.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I don't like both thaaaaaat much, but eh. That's me.

Harry Potter is so much better. I still can watch the first movies and still the same pleasure I had when I first watched it. And get impressed by the same scenes it did before. Besides, being a movie about magic and all this stuff, it makes me want to live there, move myself to that plane of Oblivion. When I was young, I kept playing (alone though...) as a wizard, sometimes my toys would be one as well. I think the world there is quite more immersive.
    None of this I felt when I watched ('cause wouldn't bother to read) The Hunger Games. The story is nice and all and have its moments, but I think it's just a series out of many. Nothing really special about it.
    That comparison though is not any fair. Both series are marginally different. It's incomparable due to the fact they both can't relate to each other easily. Even when people LOTR with HP I feel like they're doing it wrong, but at least they share the fantasy premise.

I love the Hunger Games.I've never liked Harry Potter in general,and the Hunger Games fits with what I like:Bloody battle where only one side/person emerge victorious.

My children always come home...

I don't care much for either series at all.

I suppose I dislike The Hunger Games a little less, so that.
    Last edited by Ridiculous Reuniclus; 26th January 2015 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinehollow View Post
    I love the Hunger Games.I've never liked Harry Potter in general,and the Hunger Games fits with what I like:Bloody battle where only one side/person emerge victorious.
    Yes. Complete reason. I also like character death in books, so The Hunger Games fills my book love completely.

We are but a fragment of the entirety of the cosmos.

Harry Potter....I mean the Hunger Games are cool and action-y and stuff, but I like HP slightly more.
    Arcanine is known for its bravery and fierce loyalty.

Let's battle! PM me to exchange FCs!

I like both of them, but HP a little more since I love the magic battles, the acting and the atmosphere. Hunger Games was interesting in its own way though, showing just how false some people can be.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Harry potter will always be better. Mostly because it's british but also because it's more believable and there is way too much dystopian fiction out there like the hunger games.
    They also have loads of HP attractions so yeah.

I love both books, but I have to go with Harry Potter because I'm into fantasy books and stuff with wizards & witches. Harry Potter is exactly that.

Harry Potter hands down. The world and everything in it you just can't help but get lost in it and wonder what it would be like to go to hogwarts, want house you'd be in and playing Quittiduich.

As much more as I love Harry Potter, I'm gonna say neither one is better than the other. Rowling is a great writer, but her HP stories are actually pretty bad in the overall scheme of things. On the other hand, Collins is a horrible writer (or at least one that writes specifically for young girls), but her HG stories are very well thought out.

There's no real way to prove this; there are only opinions. And mine is that Harry Potter rules.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE . I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Harry Potter, simply based on nostalgia and because the Hunger Games series doesn't interest me in the slightest. I couldn't even get through the first book.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    As much more as I love Harry Potter, I'm gonna say neither one is better than the other. Rowling is a great writer, but her HP stories are actually pretty bad in the overall scheme of things. On the other hand, Collins is a horrible writer (or at least one that writes specifically for young girls), but her HG stories are very well thought out.

There's no real way to prove this; there are only opinions. And mine is that Harry Potter rules.
    Harry Potter is very thought out.
    The information from the first books all fit in the last few books.
    Last edited by TurtwigAndSquirtle; 27th January 2015 at 12:54 AM.
    Check out my YouTube channel! We do walkthroughs on Wii U games! Please subscribe!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2E...Ut2gooOfRAQMVA

Vote on my Harry Potter vs. Hunger Games poll!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...s-Hunger-Games

I claim the unbeatable Turtwig.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Rate my team! Thanks!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...U-Doubles-Team

HP hands down. Better/more fleshed out world, interesting and memorable characters, premise is more fun, etc. I'm obviously going to prefer the books that popularized the young mage fad and virtually defined their generation over yet another dystopia. Dystopias can be interesting, but not this one.

Let's not even get started in the film department.
    In need of any non-English region female Ponyta. I can offer 5iv Mareep, 5iV Electrike, and HA Snivy. Please PM me if you're interested.
    The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. ~Thomas Paine
    I've claimed you, Umbreon! The first Dark Pokémon!

I'm going to go with Harry Potter for the overall appeal. Currently a teenager, I've definitely outgrown the days where I wanted to dress as Harry for Halloween every year and don't really remember the small details of Harry Potter, but as my LEGO collection can attest, I once loved Harry Potter with a passion. I still actively like the Hunger Games, remember the details, but I find the movies a little intense and dually so for kids. In my opinion, Harry Potter got the casting right, while I find the Hunger Games too Hollywood in the movies. The SEVEN Harry Potter books can each hold their own as a quality read for really any age. The Hunger Games is a slow start, but worth it. Catching Fire can hold up too, but I think the Mockingjay was rushed, or the author was tired, or something so IMO there's only one or two good Hunger Games books.
    Pokémon Y Team:
    Pokémon AS Team:
    My Friend Code is 5343-9772-6309.

Accidentally clicked hunger games in the poll, but i utterly abhor it so harry potter for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    I'm sorry but the fact that there is My Little Pony in your signature makes your television opinions mean zero to me.
    check out my trve kvlt br00tal song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam