Thread: Songs that get on your nerves

Default Songs that get on your nerves

Ever have a song that drives you crazy because it is so stupid, or has a terrible message, or just because you have a gut feeling of dislike for it?

My song and complaint (contains some mature material):
        Spoiler:- slightly mature content :

If you'd like to talk to me about my opinion on this song, please do it through PM or VM since this thread is not about arguing my opinion.

What songs annoy you and why?

Help my babies grow? Go ahead and click on them! Try clicking the Gijinka!

I have claimed: InsanityLevel9000Shipping Wade Wilson/Deadpool (my soul mate <3) x Me, ShippingIsIllogicalShipping Mr. Spock x Me, Dragonborn, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Shadowmere, and your worst nightmare!

Two words: Blank. Space.

Seriously, I can't go a day without hearing this song. I don't really care one way or the other about Taylor Swift for the most part, but Blank Space just gets me, partly because I find the lyrics kind of reminiscent of silly high school drama, and partly because I can't get it out of my head after hearing it since the melody is just catchy enough.

Teenage Dream is a contender as well - mostly for the same reasons as the above (although I'll admit I don't know the lyrics that well), and also because it reminds me of a time in my life I'd rather not go back to. And aside from a few exceptions, I'm not a big fan of Katy Perry.

I'm sure there's other songs I dislike that aren't coming to mind right now, but those are probably the biggest offenders.

SoulSilver BadgeQuest Progress:
    244 SRs | 6608 REs | 735 REs | 3093 SRs | 10711 SRs | 2138 REs | Lapras - 0 SRs

Y BadgeQuest Progress:
    3145 SRs | 7741 REs | 2468 REs | Route 8 - 3200 REs

Other hunts: Reshiram - 5200 SRs | Cresselia - 573 SRs - Complete!

Simple: Break the Rules.

Sure, it's catchy, and some of its lyrics I think promote self confidence (albeit, a destructive self confidence). But in a country like the Philippines, where many don't really care much of the lyrics, their meaning or know what they're doing (sometimes), it's a bad influence... VERY BAD.
    Credit to Astral Shadow fot button and Brutaka for banner.

"Two groups, one game, it was all meant for fun, but it all goes wrong. This is no ordinary dungeon, it's Perception."

Are you a fellow Fossil Fighter? Try our forum! I'm sure there are other Fossil Fighter fans in it.
    You interested in dinosaurs or prehistory? Try our club!
    I have claimed the awesome draco dino HAXORUS!
    Linking my squad at my own risk.

Happy by Pharrell tbh.

There's quite a few songs that annoy me, and I mostly hear them at work. The majority of them I either don't know the artist/band or the song, unfortunately.

Two of these many songs I do remember are both Simple Plan songs, I think they're called Welcome To My Life and Perfect, I'm not to sure.
    There's nothing about the lyrics that annoy me or the message behind the songs. I've simply just heard them way too often to hate them any less.

Claimed by me!

Anytime I've accidentally turned on the top 40 station in the last few years my ears began bleeding (except for Adele, Adele is a ****ing marvel), so there's that. There's always some new hit that drives me insane. Couldn't tell you any of the names though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    I'm sorry but the fact that there is My Little Pony in your signature makes your television opinions mean zero to me.
    last.fm ~ steam

Take me to church drives me nuts
    Gotta love Honey Senpai

Take me to Church gets on my nerves simply because the chorus sounds ****ing immaculate, and then the rest just sounds average at best.

Roar was just dull. And soulless.

Bang Bang was the first song I had overplayed and even before it did I thought it sounded ridiculous.

Talk Dirty (Jason Derulo) because the instrumental is pretty solid, but Jason Derulo just...ick...

WIGGLE because God dammit **** Jason Derulo
    ANNND It's My Birthday, because by god Will.I.Am is a ****ing nuisance to music (though I will admit the video gave me a couple of giggles).

Amor
    Cтрасть
    信念
    Ręves

Virtually any song played on pop or rap stations(country as well, I guess). It's bearable when I'm just joking around with some friends or whatever but if not then I'm liable to ask to change the station or ask for someone to plug their auxiliary chord into the stereo.

Bang Bang makes me wish I was deaf. If only for about 2 minutes.
    In need of any non-English region female Ponyta. I can offer 5iv Mareep, 5iV Electrike, and HA Snivy. Please PM me if you're interested.
    The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. ~Thomas Paine
    I've claimed you, Umbreon! The first Dark Pokémon!

Songs that ask for forgiveness after cheating. Once a cheater always a cheater.

My Royal AU Advanceshipping + Advanceshipping trilogy
    ♔Thy Wish Will Come♔ The Other King♔Once Upon A Crown♔
    And the spin-off ♔The Ketchum Inheritance♔
    Award winning fic:Carry On, Blissey

All About That Base. Words cannot explain how much that song annoys me. It's so overplayed and I can't stand listening to it. If it comes on the radio, I literally have to switch the station.

Roar! I honestly have never liked that song but then again, I don't like Katy Perry. I admit this song has a good message but it's just so darn overplayed that if it comes on, I literally turn to the radio and make my usual Psyduck face before changing the station. I really cannot stand that song, it got old really fast.

Problem. I admit that I normally do like music by Ariana Grande but this gosh darn song annoys me so much, due to the annoying whispering and I can't listen to it for that reason.

That's really about it, for now.

❤️ Pearlshipping | Agencyshipping | Hoennshipping ❤️

The opening to Lilo and Stitch, My sister has been on L&S binge for the last 2 months or so and that's pretty much all i've heard whenever I go to my living room. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the song, I've just heard it so many times over the last 2 months I'm sick of it.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Off the top of my head, All of Me by John Legend and Take Me to Church by Hozier. Both of them are really slow and boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The Partysquad & Boaz van de Beatz - Oh My. That is easily the worst drop i have ever heard.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    340 hordes for Female Nidoran
    540 encounters on route 210
    8059 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

My sister listens to this guy called "Hoodie Allen". He's this really bad white rapper whose always "rapping" about how he's so different and better than all the other rappers. He's just awful. And since she drives me everywhere right now, I have to listen to it. The way the songs sound I thought he was like 16 or maybe 17. But I think he's actually way older, and then I'm like "oh god, what are you doing with your life Hoodie Allen."