Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What grinds your gears?

Default What grinds your gears?

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ars&highlight=

That thread died out in December so why not remake it? It was quite a success last time. Okay maybe it wasn't but still

Basically what things to people do that get on your nerves? Is it annoying for any particular reason or is it just a nitpick?
    Last edited by Canada; 22nd April 2014 at 12:22 AM.

¬‿¬

I really dislike it when people use their smartphones and drive! My mother almost got run over by some idiot yesterday! Then I dislike it when if someone said they'll pray for people who lost their families and some jerk is like "Praying does nothing at all, it's stupid", some people do that because they don't know what to do! Next, I dislike it when people let their babies/kids cry as loud as they can in restaurants, my favorite restaurant has this all the time! Then parents who don't read the ESRB Rating on games then complain to the news that the companies are evil, I mean games these days aren't just for kids! I have so many things to write, but I'm not gonna type for two days.

Funny. I was planning on making a thread like this soon. Guess you beat me to it.

It grinds my gears when people shďt post. And I mean like extreme shďt post. As in, I'm just posting for the sake of posting. Like I've shďt posted before, and I won't deny that, but it's really annoying when there's some sort of discussion going on and then someone say some random thing that is in no way related to the topic, just for the sake of posting. At least when certain people on the GCT shďt post, it's like a shďt posting discussion so it's not really even shďt posting (in my eyes).

Also if you don't put a picture of Peter Griffin with the Grind My Gears News thing in the OP I will be very sad.

Know what grinds my gears?

This: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ind-your-gears!
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

What grinds my gears? When there's no "What Grinds My Gears..." threads anywhere to read!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post

It grinds my gears when people shďt post. And I mean like extreme shďt post. As in, I'm just posting for the sake of posting. but it's really annoying when there's some sort of discussion going on and then someone say some random thing that is in no way related to the topic, just for the sake of posting.
    Anyway, yeah, I have to agree with this.
    It's especially annoying when this kind of posting is what unfortunately kills the thread, and there's no hope for the thread to get back on topic.

I will admit though, sh1t posting can be funny occasionally. But only if it's executed well. Other wise, it's just annoying to do, and not funny in the slightest.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

You know what grinds my gears? Gear Grind. Duh!

Oh, and also whenever people act like a complete freakin' brick wall about certain issues and not even considering the other side's position... oh wait, that's pretty much every presidential debate ever.

Pokémon Quiz Bowl. It's a thing.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.
    I claim Vanillite because it is best Pokémon.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

People that complain that there was barely any post game in X and Y. To make things worse, these people fail to listen when someone tells them that the first games of a new gen usually don't have much of a postgame, which is s saved for the third installment/sequels/ whatever.

This never used to bug me before, but now it does a little more each time I hear it.

Claimed by me!

I hate it when people come out for an entire legendary team, obviously hacked! I mean I have no problem beating them but it just bugs me soooo much!
    Especially when its Shaymin.....considering thats its my favorite legendaries, to see it hacked..... *tear*
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

The fact that all my math homework is done on the web really grinds my gears. It's so finicky too.

Sorry, you got it wrong.
    You put: y=-3x+7

The right answer was:
    y= 7-3x

I'm so sorry for my sins.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Sorry, you got it wrong.

The right answer was:
    y= 7-3x

Just curious, are you doing Y=Mx+B for slopes?
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

Sorry, you got it wrong.

The right answer was:
    y= 7-3x

what

just what

did it even ask for a specific format

i am just so dumbfounded right now

i'm not even using caps right now -- that's how dumbfounded i am

Pokémon Quiz Bowl. It's a thing.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.
    I claim Vanillite because it is best Pokémon.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Finally, a "Things that grind your gears" thread not related to Pokemon. . .

so many things.

But the most relevant at the moment.
    When people scrape their teeth on forks. It just makes me want to rear back and deck someone in the face. I despise it. ._.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuGamer View Post
    Just curious, are you doing Y=Mx+B for slopes?
    Sometimes. It kind of flip flops depending on the problem. Sometimes you don't need a specific format, but sometimes you do. The only problem is that they don't tell you if it needs a format or not, so if by some chance you didn't get the problem right and you're on your last try you'll get it wrong just because of formatting.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

The fact that all my math homework is done on the web really grinds my gears. It's so finicky too.
    There's so many wrongs about having to do homework on the web I'm not gonna start.

I hate it when people chew with their mouths open.

It's chewing noise is noisy, it's disgusting, and it completely lacks of manners.

You don't need to know how I have to go through yelling at my 11-year-old brother for still doing that same thing for idk, his whole life, everyday?

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Abuse of authority immediately makes my respect for that person lower into the negative.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Going off that chewing noises topic.

I am taking a class on Photoshop at the school, so naturally were on the macs all the time. The girl that sits next to me, for one, ALWAYS brings runny messy food like cheesy rice and broccoli or ravioli into the classroom and eats it at the computer. Now i'll admit that i've eaten soup by my computer, but never near a computer that wasn't mine, and i'm always careful. That's just disrespectful to eat at a computer thats not your own. And while I have had a doughnut in that class, it was backed up away from the computer and with a napkin under my mouth. And then she chews with her mouth open and smacks. I mean SMACKS. It's loud enough to a point where I can hear it through my headphones.

The teacher told her she can't eat that stuff at the computers and if she wanted to eat something wait for our 15 minute break to eat, but she still does it anyway and it's REALLY annoying. The the point where I just want to whip around and tell her to chew with her damn mouth closed because it's ****ing gross to hear your saliva moving around in your god damn mouth.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    Going off that chewing noises topic.

I am taking a class on Photoshop at the school, so naturally were on the macs all the time. The girl that sits next to me, for one, ALWAYS brings runny messy food like cheesy rice and broccoli or ravioli into the classroom and eats it at the computer. Now i'll admit that i've eaten soup by my computer, but never near a computer that wasn't mine, and i'm always careful. That's just disrespectful to eat at a computer thats not your own. And while I have had a doughnut in that class, it was backed up away from the computer and with a napkin under my mouth. And then she chews with her mouth open and smacks. I mean SMACKS. It's loud enough to a point where I can hear it through my headphones.

The teacher told her she can't eat that stuff at the computers and if she wanted to eat something wait for our 15 minute break to eat, but she still does it anyway and it's REALLY annoying. The the point where I just want to whip around and tell her to chew with her damn mouth closed because it's ****ing gross to hear your saliva moving around in your god damn mouth.
    Honestly unless your an infant or an early on toddler you should have mastered eating with your mouth closed...that sounds truly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
    Honestly unless your an infant or an early on toddler you should have mastered eating with your mouth closed...that sounds truly annoying.
    Sigh, my dad is such a messy eater. He chews with his mouth open wide! And he's like in his forties now! It's so annoying trying to eat with him. Then there's my sister, she does this only to personally annoy me.

What grinds my gears? That Comic books do nothing but set up movies nowadays.

Comic book IPs aren't as transferable to blockbuster movies as the executives and lawyers claim. Ruining the source material for the sake of promoting a movie of said source storyline weakens the money pile's structure as a whole.

The day when we have Marvel give Ken Connell a whole 30 issue series just to set up a "Marvel's New Universe:Star Brand" movie is when I declare comics nothing more than the first factory in the intellectual property-to-movie supply chain.
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

People who have loud engines that drive too fast grind my gears.
    They probably do this because it makes them seem cool in some way.
    Well, it doesn't folks.

Motorcycles are especially guilty of this.

Claimed by me!

People who have extremely loud music playing in their car...it's cool that you like your music bro....the entire ****ing neighborhood doesn't need to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post

People who have extremely loud music playing in their car...it's cool that you like your music bro....the entire ****ing neighborhood doesn't need to hear it.
    I really agree! In my town, I always hear loud music from passing cars! It's so annoying, especially since all these people listen to is rap, which is another topic.

the fact that "ladies first" exists

hear me out,i don't like it because it favors one gender because...why? I don't like the whole feminism thing,i want HUMAN rights,not just one gender in favor of the other

in other words,feminism grinds my gears,because it leads to stuff like"it's only sexist when a man does it"
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

Wow...there are a lot of things that "grind my gears", I could write a whole paragraph or a two page wall posts...buut.
    I hate the most when people chew with their mouth opened, i don;t want to here loud crunching noise. It's nasty.
    Who wants to sleepover at Sikowitz?!

Quote Originally Posted by worldwaker View Post
    the fact that "ladies first" exists

hear me out,i don't like it because it favors one gender because...why? I don't like the whole feminism thing,i want HUMAN rights,not just one gender in favor of the other

in other words,feminism grinds my gears,because it leads to stuff like"it's only sexist when a man does it"
    Equal Rights =/= Better rights

With equality you not only take equal good but also equal bad.

While I believe what I typed above I actually rather enjoy being a gentlemen when I think the lady is worth it..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast