Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite video games and why?

Default What are your favorite video games and why?

Fallout 4- open world and so much fun! I love building settlements and fighting all the crazy creatures.

War Thunder- ive always loved military history. I love flying in war thunder. Some day I'll get a pilot's license.

World of Tanks- best game of all time. I LOVE tanks!

what are yours?

I tend to like Pokemon games in general :3

I also find myself playing other cutesy games every so often like Hello Kitty Cube Frenzy and Spin Jam, which are two ps1 games we own

For awhile I was super into kirby games too years ago.

EDIT: Actually, my all time favorite game is probably super smash brothers melee xD i've played that game so much...
    Last edited by LadyTriox; 30th October 2017 at 7:27 PM.
    PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO LEARN WHAT MAKES ME TICK AND STUFF. its important to me...
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

*drool's over her kawaiiness x3*
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too

I love Super Smash Bros series!
    My favourite Pokemon games are undoubtely Colosseum and XD... I wish so much a third title of that saga...

Denpa men's a really good one - honestly I'd rather be on a denpa men forum than a pokemon one (especially seeing as I don't own any pokemon games!) but sadly they don't exist.

pffft, yeah right kid, denpa men is for little kids, try playing a real game like Man Of War, or another violent shooter. Those would be my favourite games, yall. I just love killing

Quote Originally Posted by Notamod View Post
    pffft, yeah right kid, denpa men is for little kids, try playing a real game like Man Of War, or another violent shooter. Those would be my favourite games, yall. I just love killing
    Denpa men is a lot more grown up than pokemon when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sorribii View Post
    Denpa men is a lot more grown up than pokemon when you think about it.
    look, idiot, I'm not here to talk about what is or isn't better. Denpaa men is for babies, get over it or go post somewhere else. Maybe if more people grew up and played real games that prepared them for the world instead of popping bubbles or whatever, maybe we wouldnt end up with such a snowflake generation.

Anyway, I'm not a mod, but this is all very off topic. lets get back to letting people talk about their favourite games. if you want to "take this outside" shall we say, send me a PM.
    Last edited by Notamod; 3rd November 2017 at 9:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notamod View Post
    look, idiot, I'm not here to talk about what is or isn't better. Denpaa men is for babies, get over it or go post somewhere else. Maybe if more people grew up and played real games that prepared them for the world instead of popping bubbles or whatever, maybe we wouldnt end up with such a snowflake generation.

Anyway, I'm not a mod, but this is all very off topic. lets get back to letting people talk about their favourite games. if you want to "take this outside" shall we say, send me a PM.
    Are you okay? Regardless of your little Freudian Complex, games with "men" in the title tend to be aimed at men, not "babies" as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by sorribii View Post
    Are you okay? Regardless of your little Freudian Complex, games with "men" in the title tend to be aimed at men, not "babies" as you say.
    Right that's it I'm PMing you.
    I hope the rest of the people can enjoy your denpaa-free discussion

Final Fantasy VII
    Metal Gear Solid series
    God of War series
    Half Life series
    Kingdom Hearts series
    FEAR 1
    Sniper Elite series
    Metroid series
    Rayman series
    Prince of Persia Trilogy
    Pokemon
    Super Mario World
    Crash Bandicoot 1-3
    Spyro the Dragon 1-3
    C&C series (except Tiberium Twilight)
    Age of Empires series
    Rome and Medieval 2 Total War
    The Last Of Us
    Uncharted series
    Batman Arkham series
    Ratchet and Clank series
    Persona 3-4

I know I have many favourites.
    Last edited by Darthlord7; 4th November 2017 at 3:33 PM.

The Legend of Spyro games were probably my favorite, mostly because I've always liked dragons and I thought the story and characters were a lot of fun. I also enjoyed playing Thrillville, (mostly for the fun of building insane rollercoasters that I probably wouldn't go near in real life), Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, and a snowboarding game called SSX on Tour.

• Halo 2
    • Halo Combat Evolved
    • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
    • Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
    • Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2
    • Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 3
    • Mario Kart Double Dash
    • Call of Duty 2
    • Mortal Kombat Deception
    • Crash Bash
    • Red Dead Revolver
    • Hulk (2003)
    • The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction
    • NBA 2K11
    • Fight Night Round 3
    • WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
    • Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Pokémon Main Series
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
    Batman Arkham Series
    Megaman X and Megaman Zero Series
    The Witcher 3
    The Uncharted Series
    The Last of Us
    Marvel vs Capcom
    Street Fighter Series
    Metal Gear Solid 3, 4 and 5
    Assassin's Creed II
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Breath of the Wild
    Red Dead Redemption
    GTA San Andreas
    GTA V
    God of War 3
    Horizon Zero : Dawn
    Quote Originally Posted by LilligantLewis View Post
    "Because I like BW and SM when a lot of people don't, if someone criticizes SM, even if it's a valid criticism, I will suddenly complain that no one criticized XY in the same way. I will then proceed to pretend the thread is being raided by XY fanboys even though I'm the only one who brought up XY in the first place".

Kotor 1 and 2, for activating the wisdom of the ancients in the realization of esoteric projects, soul sorting you from orbs of experience to crosshairs of Oblivion or Fable flying into freedom with frozen openings letting loose the sword as ashes of entertainment in dressed up magic unleash the full power and clarity of the herbs on islands singing to the tropical sun with exeggutor immersed in the sun charging you on a tauros tour of the treadmill of time, walking over the shoreline for endless hours in glass jars from messages in a bottle.
    All fear the raging Typhlosion... ROAR - unleashed from the deepest depths of chaos and the ultimate sea of freedom, a time of untold legends and deep labyrinths of Frenzy and Lightning, the split from peace and the sanctuary of fulfillment reveal this one divine wish... THE LIGHTNING!!!
    Will we make it through victory road? If so, then our last task towards freedom would be to checkmate the dark-sided King at the Game's highest stage for the win! Happiness isn't perfect until it's shared, so let love lay the foundation and point the way!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimoPier View Post
    I love Super Smash Bros series!
    My favourite Pokemon games are undoubtely Colosseum and XD... I wish so much a third title of that saga...
    Cool. I love Colosseum as well. I wish there was a third game of it too.

I also love any kind of Mario game. Along with Digimon games.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

I finished Undertale about a month ago now, opting for a pacifist run from the off. It was almost certainly the most incredible finite single-player experience I've ever encountered, and has redefined what I consider games to be capable of. It subverts expectations at every corner, and what's truly amazing is that it's mostly something Joe Schmuck could put together with basic computer skills and a dollop of emotional intelligence.

I hope the rest of the people can enjoy your denpaa-free discussion
    Dammit, I've never wanted to buy a game more. Notamod, your hatred is a compelling recommendation.

- I love pokemon games of course (though there are one or two titles I'm not such a fan of, such as the Mystery Dungeon series and the TCG online)

- The Lord of the Rings: the Battle for Middle Earth series are huge fun - getting a load of horse-mounted archers to trample helpless orcs and shoot down trolls before they can get near you never gets old!

- Construction/business simulator/management games like the Zoo Tycoon series, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis and the Rollercoaster Tycoon series - I can lose hours playing these (I wish the fourth installment of Rollercoaster Tycoon and the X Box One version of Zoo Tycoon were better though) - can't wait for Jurassic World: Evolution to be released!

- Mario Kart is always great, though personally I think they're still to top Double Dash

- Super Smash Bros is great too.
    Favourite Water Types

Quote Originally Posted by Scammel View Post
    I finished Undertale about a month ago now, opting for a pacifist run from the off. It was almost certainly the most incredible finite single-player experience I've ever encountered, and has redefined what I consider games to be capable of. It subverts expectations at every corner, and what's truly amazing is that it's mostly something Joe Schmuck could put together with basic computer skills and a dollop of emotional intelligence.
    I agree 100%. I get all the complaints that people have with this game and I get that it's not everybody's kinda thing, but it hit me at the right time in the right place and I can't help but love it. The game itself is inspiring to me, and it also led to me finding some of my favourite fan artists and animators who inspired me to start drawing.

Dammit, I've never wanted to buy a game more. Notamod, your hatred is a compelling recommendation.
    Part of me is tempted to request a sig banner with this game on it despite no even knowing about its existence until now.

But yeah, onto my personal favourite games that aren't Pokemon...

Spoiler:- gamesss:

Well, that was a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    But yeah, onto my personal favourite games that aren't Pokemon...

Spoiler:- gamesss:
    I concur 100% on these. Two of my favorite indie games, hands-down.

On the topic of indie games, I'm also going to recommend OFF by French creative mind Mortis Ghost. It's an incredible experience (if you aren't of the faint of heart, that is).

My personal favorite is the Sengoku BASARA series. It's an hack-and-slash Sengoku period adaptation by Capcom that's super addictive and crazy in just about every way. I'm a Japanese history buff (my degree's in Japanese Studies), and this series sates my hunger for action and culture. I wish its international treatment and reception wasn't so restricted (only the first and third games have been released outside of Japan) and sub-par (seriously, the dubbing in the English version of the third game is horrific).

Villain Multi-shipper ~ A Proud Supporter of
    HardenShipping | PerfectWorldShipping | DarkParadiseShipping | AbsoluteControlShipping | AntiGravityShipping
    Walking the Trainer's path since 1997/8
    UPN | BGf
    =Friend Code= 2208 - 5726 - 0181
    Sun Trainer Name - コウライ | Moon Trainer Name - ひょうりん
    Ultra Sun Trainer Name - カイキ | Ultra Moon Trainer Name - ふくえん
    I have claimed Silvally, Touken Ranbu (PC), and Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku BASARA series)
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

Rayman 2 and Spyro 3, who I've loved and played since I was a kid. Sadly I've played them so often that they are barely functioning nowadays
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

Probably Super Mario World. The only game(or thing in general) that really works for me as a good pick-me-up when I feel bummed about things.

Resident Evil 4 - Only game I've beaten 8+ times. I had never played a Resident Evil before and picked this game up for the Wii and loved it. rebought it on PC/Steam. Maybe just the thrill of it and not having finished any other story games I had on the Wii before, idk.
    Dota 2 - it ruined my life
    Super Mario 64 - classic soundtrack and it was the first mario game I played on a console (never owned a console, only a GBA at one point).

My reasons are kinda lame but whatevs lol

Terraria - Terraria is one of those games that comes around once in a blue moon that takes something that another game has done and runs with it. For a while it was simply referred to as a 2D version of Minecraft, but as the years have gone on Terraria has evolved far beyond just being a Minecraft clone, absolutely dwarfing its inspiration in terms of content and replay value. Heck, I'll even go so far to say that I think Terraria is actually better than Minecraft at this point.

Black & White - Not referring to Pokemon Black and White. I'm probably not going to make very many friends with this choice because most people don't seem to like it at all. I guess a lot of it comes from how much I like the concept of the game and how it caters to the big mythology nerd inside me, and it's also that sort of game that I can use when I want to relax (even if I have to keep putting up with hearing villagers demanding that they need more food when I've given them plenty, how much more could they need, dammit! D:<).

MOTHER 3 - This game is incredibly close to my heart for a lot of reasons. It's one of the games I actually played the most of when I was a teenager because at the time I was going through quite a rough spot in my life. I guess you could say this game kept me sane. The story is of course the game's strongest point and to me the pixel art is absolutely charming. There is also the fact that this game introduced me to perhaps one of my favourite characters in video games: Claus/The Masked Man, of whom I am still obsessed with to this day (so much so that I actually ended up making him my bishie on this forum!). I could go on and on about how much I love this game, but I feel I'd break the word limit if I did that, so I'll just end it here. :P

Currently working on a project for NaNoWriMo ~

Current Hunts: - 4000 SRs (FR/LG) | Route 114 - 6500 REs (R/S)

My all time favorite video game is probably super smash brothers melee xD Lots of fun memories of playing that game over and over lol
    PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO LEARN WHAT MAKES ME TICK AND STUFF. its important to me...
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

*drool's over her kawaiiness x3*
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, last of the real Paper Mario games. Probably the most genuinely interesting Mario spin off we will ever see, since Nintendo has played it safe ever since and kept the fun (and slightly wacky) version of Mario locked in the cupboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast