Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things you like about yourself

Default Things you like about yourself

So I just saw the topic 'Aspects of yourself you dislike' and thought I'd make this. A lot of the time, people are afraid to point out what they like about themselves in fear they'll be thought vain or arrogant, and that fear is, unfortunately, pretty justified. However, I hope you'll be able to share what you like about yourself here. A lot of the time, even acknowledging the little things that you are good at or are good about you can up your self esteem a little!
    One thing I like about myself is that I'm good at writing.
    Your turn!

I guess I am kind of ethical and compassionate?

Oh god, I feel so narcisstic right now.

Life is like unto a long journey with a heavy burden.
    (Tokugawa Ieyasu)

MBTI personality type: ISFP

You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
    You have distinct preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

My package.

Things I like about myself? That's easily...nothing at all. I absolutely hate everything about myself (not to a suicidal extent though), but I guess I can say I'm smart for my age, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Things I like about myself? That's easily...nothing at all. I absolutely hate everything about myself (not to a suicidal extent though), but I guess I can say I'm smart for my age, maybe.
    This is basically me except it is to that extent.
    Blaziken fan boy.
    The only person in the history of humanity who's favorite Pokémon is Misdreavus
    IGN: Hunter
    Most Recent Shiny: (Y)
    Target Shiny: (Emerald)

I've done competitive battling 4 times, I've won 4 times.
    I have Powersaves pro, and in the future I plan to give my fellow forumers (or you know, other hacked goodies.)

I have quite good hearing skills,....... eavesdropping in people's conversations hue hue
    I have claimed

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfor View Post
    This is basically me except it is to that extent.
    I'm kind of the opposite. I know there are good things about me, but even with that I had to deal with thinking about suicide because a few really bad things outweighed the good.

I'm a nice person most of the time, especially if you're nice to me, I'm fairly decent at most of the things I do, and I'm almost always prepared for anything (thank you boy scouting) so I don't need to face as many awkward situations and I can help people

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Oh hey look, the opposite of the thread I created! Let me think....I'd like to think that I'm a pretty nice guy. I dunno.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

Hmm... (Thinks hard)
    I guess the fact that I'm pretty funny.
    Without that, I'd be nothing.
    In fact, I only have friends for that reason.

The forces have met.
    Now only they decide the fate that awaits us.

~I have claimed thee Suicune~
    Visit my site at http://jirachi9.weebly.com/
    Also, I'm looking for a shiny Jirachi, so please PM me to make a deal!

There's a lot of aspects I like about myself, I suppose, like from how I'm able to still see the beauty in the world despite everything that goes on to how I'm the oldest child. Not sure if it's from some form of naďveté or what, but I guess it's because I like to smile to myself. I also like having my hair poofy, I feel more comfortable than when it's straight (even when my hair's in a ponytail, it's poofy). Mom doesn't like it when I brush my hair because of my curls and it makes everything frizzy. Wasn't as bad as it was back a few years ago probably because of the shampoo and conditioner I now use.

And I like that I can write and draw. From what I've gathered over the years, not many people can do both, or they can, but they're much more better at one than the other. I plan to write on the side one of these days, so it'd be a plus to do my own book covers.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Yaga View Post
    My package.
    LOL

Good memory I guess, makes learning a walk in the park. Good thing is I've been developing better studying habits regardless. That's about it, I'm a good person at heart, but can be indifferent and mean. Best not to be pissing of people when it can come back and bite you in the ***, at least I'm observant enough to determine how I should act to certain people, le shrug.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

I'm smart. As in, I'm one of those people who gets mostly As at school, mostly because I'm a fairly hard worker and am good at paying attention. I also know a lot of random trivia that makes quizzes fun.

I'm pretty nice, and I feel like doing the right thing is important. I do try and help out sometimes if I can. I try to respect people's opinions most of the time as well. I really don't like injustice and inequality and do want to help to prevent it, and as such I don't cheat at all. I always have to do things the rght way. I hardly ever lie.

I can be funny at times, and I try to share the fun things I've found.

I am fairly creative, although I feel like I'm better at reimagining and personalising pre-existing ideas rather than making my own. I'm a decent enough artist, and I suppose I can write and bake as well.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Not trying to brag but people see me as a handsome, attractive young man.

I really good on things like math or chemistry, so i get really good grades in school. I also try to help other students who aren't as good (most of my classmates have hated physics). I also try cheering them up when i notice something's wrong ,even though i get depressed sometimes, i can't stand seeing someone else sad. And then there's drawing. I've always liked drawing even though i never upload anything on the web or try to make a career out of it. I was never the best "artist" of the class, but there's something about drawing knights,dragons and pokemon that makes me feel good.

hmm for me it might be my cheerful expression i feel to do so, glad that i was a happy go lucky person in my entire life and i'm thankful for my parents that i would be able to live a happy life
    Fun facts: To those who are curious, Serena has been made as the shipper's favouritism - currently she has the most shipping pairs involving hers ( a total of 815 as of the august submission) behind her is Dawn ( with a total of 696)

TRIVIA: Every month there is approximately 1000 new submissions on the shipping thread, and this will probably continue until all names have been used. Come generation 7 I'm pretty sure we are going to run out of names

They're the same
        Spoiler:- open at your own risk:

Why don't you blame others before blaming me

Um...
    Nerdiness?

My friends all see me as their therapist so I guess I'm a good listener/good at giving advice? Like it's gotten to the point where I've had to schedule appointments on some days when several of them need to talk to me at once.
    I seem to have pretty good eyesight (or at least better than my friends) as I can spot bus numbers from across the city centre...I've freaked a few of them out by doing that though.

The only thing I actually like about myself is my ability to remember a lot of things, I refer to it as information hoarding, I can remember random details like every single one of my classmates through secondary school and now into college, I tend to remember their birthdays and in some cases the day they got with their partners. Again, it freaks a lot of them out but I find it amusing.
    Found my way back here after what seems like forever, not much has changed.

My Tumblr (For all the fangirling trauma and day to day rambles hah)

I kinda like myself quite a lot.But the main points I like in me are:

I'm musically very talented. I have played guitar fow two years and taught myself piano three months ago.
    It's impossible for me to gain extra weight.
    I have an IQ well above average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    When ever I hear modern music on the radio, I think to myself, my god, most of modern music is about sex.

But then I hear the decades old music on my mum and dad's iPod, and think to myself, my god, most of old music is about sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dew Watatsumi View Post
    Obama would have Abamasnow because it'll be Barak Obamasnow!...god that's terrible...

Why isn't this called the bragging thread?

Well, on the topic of me, I am very pleased with my looks, being effortlessly average.

Well, to be honest there isn't a lot I like all that much. My brit lit teacher says I'm that kid that refuses to live to the beat of society's drum, and will think so outside the box I'm thinking inside a tetrahedron. I'm that kind of free spirit that even when we're doing something serious I'll be that kid that will put some humor into it, and I won't conform to any labels. I'm just that kid that plays Pokemon, watches cartoons at 16, and I just won't care what anyone else thinks about me. I guess that's it.....

Friend Code: 5472-6256-4416
    Trade Shop: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...New-Trade-Shop

I like my ability to identify musical notes jut by sound. It helps me when tuning my guitar.

Haha, a lot XD
    I am narcissistic after all.

Let's see: I'm intelligent. My IQ is above average.
    I'm hilarious. I was even nominated for funniest girl in high school.
    And I am good looking ;] At least, that's what people have told me.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

I should start off by saying that acknowledging your strengths is a really important skill that a lot of people lack or ignore. I mean, don't go off bragging irl about every little thing, but it's important to at least personally be aware of things that make you stand out. For job interviews, if nothing else.

I'm great at time management when I'm not busy procrastinating. I can usually tell you what time it is without looking at a clock, and I'm never late. If I were to write my day's schedule out, I would be able to tell you how long I spend on each task to the minute. Now that I think about it, this is probably why I can afford to procrastinate so much... dang it, lol.

I'm great at making people laugh. I love making people laugh.

I'm one of those people who can eat fast food every day and do nothing but sit on their butt yet will never gain weight. Maybe one day my metabolism will fail me, but I'm pretty happy with it right now. I have to lie about my weight in order to donate blood as I don't meet the weight requirement for my height, lol.

And I get good grades! I'm going into my 4th year of university (BBA, accounting major), have only taken three electives out of 29 courses, and my lowest final mark is a B- (in one course and the prof was stupid I blame her LOL).
    Last edited by Tangeh; 27th August 2014 at 4:23 PM.

FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    Poison Friend Safari - Seviper, Garbodor, & Whirlipede
    Central Kalos Dex COMPLETED 03/09/2014 / Coastal Kalos Dex COMPLETED 05/04/2014 / Mountain Kalos Dex COMPLETED 05/11/2014
    ~ ~ ~
    [718/718]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

I like the fact that my imagination hasn't diminished since I was a wee child.

Is it vain/arrogant to say intelligence ? I'm fairly happy with my information retention on subjects that interest me.

Having two great parents to install solid ethics and morals into me from an early age, those foundations have served me well in life so far. It's always good to have something to keep yourself grounded

I like my dry sense of humour, I always try to see the funny side in things which is always a good thing I think.

I'm pretty average in looks which doesn't really bother me, I can live with that. It's hard to find things to say positively about myself, it's much easier to critique even when it's not necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast