We are making a big change to the way signature strikes work. While the rules themselves are still the same, the usernote strike system is being removed entirely, and sig strikes are being integrated into the infraction system.
Mild Signature Infraction. This lasts for 45 days and is worth 3 points. The following situations will give you this infraction:
-Breaking limits (height, pixels, and GIF size) by less than 10%
-Having a file in .bmp format regardless of file size
-Having one line of text or less above size 4
-Having 2 spoilers
Moderate Signature Infraction. This lasts for 90 days and is worth 5 points. The following situations will give you this infraction:
- Breaking limits (height, pixels, and GIF size) by 10-100%
- Having 2 lines of text above size 4
- Having 3 spoilers
Heavy Signature Infraction. This lasts for 180 days and is worth 10 points. The following situations will give you this infraction:
- Breaking limits (height, pixels, and GIF size) by over 100%
- Having 3+ lines of text above size 4
- Having 4+ spoilers
All other actions that break the signature rules (such as trolling someone in your signature) are covered by existing infractions, and we will be using those. Now that the signature rules are part of the infraction system, the following will apply:
- Bans will happen when you reach a certain level of infraction points, from both signature infractions and other infractions. See the infraction system post for more information.
- You may get a 0 point warning on a first offense or if a moderator feels it was borderline. You are not entitled to a warning, however, and you may get an infraction on your first offense.
- Infraction extending is on. This means if you break the rules once and you get the same infraction soon after, the new infraction lasts for the default time + the amount of time left on your old infraction.
- You may be banned manually on a case by case basis if we feel you are skating under the infraction limit to try to keep breaking the rules just enough to not get banned.
- When you receive a signature infraction, the moderator giving the infraction will paste your entire (rule-breaking) signature into the automatically-generated PM and tell you what rule you broke. This allows you to grab pictures or anything you may need.
- All previous strikes that did not result in signature privileges being revoked will be forgiven. New signature privilege revoking will be done on a case by case basis if the staff feels you have broken the rules way too many times without learning.
Our goal with this system overhaul is to make things easier and more fair for both the users and moderators. If you have any questions, you may post them in this thread, but remember to follow all other SPPf rules.