Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Signature Policies

Default New Signature Policies

We are making a big change to the way signature strikes work. While the rules themselves are still the same, the usernote strike system is being removed entirely, and sig strikes are being integrated into the infraction system.

Mild Signature Infraction. This lasts for 45 days and is worth 3 points. The following situations will give you this infraction:

-Breaking limits (height, pixels, and GIF size) by less than 10%
    -Having a file in .bmp format regardless of file size
    -Having one line of text or less above size 4
    -Having 2 spoilers

Moderate Signature Infraction. This lasts for 90 days and is worth 5 points. The following situations will give you this infraction:

- Breaking limits (height, pixels, and GIF size) by 10-100%
    - Having 2 lines of text above size 4
    - Having 3 spoilers

Heavy Signature Infraction. This lasts for 180 days and is worth 10 points. The following situations will give you this infraction:

- Breaking limits (height, pixels, and GIF size) by over 100%
    - Having 3+ lines of text above size 4
    - Having 4+ spoilers

All other actions that break the signature rules (such as trolling someone in your signature) are covered by existing infractions, and we will be using those. Now that the signature rules are part of the infraction system, the following will apply:

1. Bans will happen when you reach a certain level of infraction points, from both signature infractions and other infractions. See the infraction system post for more information.
    2. You may get a 0 point warning on a first offense or if a moderator feels it was borderline. You are not entitled to a warning, however, and you may get an infraction on your first offense.
    3. Infraction extending is on. This means if you break the rules once and you get the same infraction soon after, the new infraction lasts for the default time + the amount of time left on your old infraction.
    4. You may be banned manually on a case by case basis if we feel you are skating under the infraction limit to try to keep breaking the rules just enough to not get banned.
    5. When you receive a signature infraction, the moderator giving the infraction will paste your entire (rule-breaking) signature into the automatically-generated PM and tell you what rule you broke. This allows you to grab pictures or anything you may need.
    6. All previous strikes that did not result in signature privileges being revoked will be forgiven. New signature privilege revoking will be done on a case by case basis if the staff feels you have broken the rules way too many times without learning.

Our goal with this system overhaul is to make things easier and more fair for both the users and moderators. If you have any questions, you may post them in this thread, but remember to follow all other SPPf rules.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Um, while all the rules are suppose to followed without questioning, I just am curious to know why .BMP format is not allowed.

bitmap files are super huge compared to jpeg/png

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    You may be banned manually on a case by case basis if we feel you are skating under the infraction limit to try to keep breaking the rules just enough to not get banned.
    I'm sorry, what? I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means, can someone make it clear?
    Dircio - 4527-8956-9002
    Trinity League Bug Gym Leader | The White Shadow League Dark Elite 4 | The Eternian Forces Conjurer, War Team Member, and Dark/Flying Elite 4

Credit: Northern Lights (Badge)
    Astral Shadow (these)

Quote Originally Posted by xDIRCIOx View Post
    I'm sorry, what? I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means, can someone make it clear?
    It means that if you're thinking of trying to like abuse the system and just skate by just under enough points to get banned, you should reconsider because if you do you still might end up getting banned anyway. Admins and Smods have the power to manually ban users without infractions and if you blatantly try to violate and exploit the rules like that multiple times we won't hesitate to do so.

But like Ellie said it will only be done on a case by case basis. There's no need to worry at all.
    Last edited by Archangel; 20th August 2014 at 8:21 AM.
    3DS FC : 2509-2166-4408

Ok, Thanks, totally not what I thought! XD
    Dircio - 4527-8956-9002
    Trinity League Bug Gym Leader | The White Shadow League Dark Elite 4 | The Eternian Forces Conjurer, War Team Member, and Dark/Flying Elite 4

Credit: Northern Lights (Badge)
    Astral Shadow (these)

I like this updated policy. Good for you staffers for devising an intuitive and realistic policy.

All previous strikes that did not result in signature privileges being revoked will be forgiven. New signature privilege revoking will be done on a case by case basis if the staff feels you have broken the rules way too many times without learning.
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, strike user notes received in the past will be gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, strike user notes received in the past will be gone?
    That's correct , unless you got 5 strikes and your privileges were revoked entirely you now have a clean slate. More or less anyway lol.
    Last edited by Archangel; 20th August 2014 at 7:05 PM.
    3DS FC : 2509-2166-4408

to clarify: we are not going to actually go in and delete the usernotes because that would take a million years. but they don't do anything anymore. all punishments from 9 pm last night on will be done using the infraction system and those infractions will be the only things that matter.

unless you were bad enough to get moved into the sig-banned group.

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Thank God that system is gone. It was ridiculous to begin with. A minor signature infraction from six years previous shouldn't be held over your head.

I don't change my signature that often, but am just curious. What if someone posts in the signature check thread to see if their signature is ok but they get infractions while waiting for their signature to be checked? Are they SOL?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

We check if people have posted with the last few days in the sig check thread (you only get 'immunity' by posting there for so long after all), but if we miss it and you can point out that you have posted there within a few days of the infraction, any infraction would be reversed.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

it's 48 hours from when you received your check, as it says in the sig check thread. since infractions and posts both have timestamps easily viewable to you, if someone infracts you when you were immune just reply to the infraction pm.

What lmao
    Thats silly that only one spoiler is allowed but okay
        Spoiler:- bye:

Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post
    What lmao
    Thats silly that only one spoiler is allowed but okay
    That's been a rule long before this, the spoiler limit isn't anything new. I think it's something that's been around even before I was a member here.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

before we made it some people had stuff like this in their sig:

Spoiler:- ::

which is really annoying/obnoxious and takes longer for us to see if they are breaking any rules. plus they add quite a bit of height so if you had a bunch you'd probably be breaking other rules anyway. you don't NEED more than one spoiler in your signature.

Oh lol
    Thats kinda funny
        Spoiler:- bye:

Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post
    Oh lol
    Thats kinda funny
    and that's probably why it's not allowed. a bunch of people that think it's "funny" would do it.

that said, im glad the rules seem more consistent
    Last edited by Jb; 21st August 2014 at 7:16 PM.

to clarify: we are not going to actually go in and delete the usernotes because that would take a million years. but they don't do anything anymore. all punishments from 9 pm last night on will be done using the infraction system and those infractions will be the only things that matter.
    Will we be able to send ourselves usernotes (like the system is generally used for on other forums) and delete the strike notes ourselves at some point? Not that it matters much, just curious.

¬‿¬

No.

I have a question...

Medium sig infraction: "This lasts for 90 days and is worth 5 points"

Does that mean I'm not allowed to have a sig for 90 days (editing the infraction message in the signature), or that until the 90 days limit has expired the 5 infraction points will go away? Or both?

Spoiler:- Credits:

No. it means the infraction of 5 points "wears off" and won't be active anymore. you are still allowed to edit your own signature, but in accordance to the rules so that this doesn't happen again.

With blood and rage of crimson red, ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.
    Together with our hellish hate, we'll burn you all, that is your Fate!

Ok thanks

Spoiler:- Credits:

That was a cluttered explaination though...

The strike system works as it always have. 1 strike, 2 strike 3 strike etc. But instead of the User Notes, you now get an actual infraction for it, as explained before. These works like any other infractions, just like the signature strike system remains the same. It is like Ellie said earlier, it is just the punishment that change, the rest remain the same.

You are allowed to remove the message we give when removing a signature. that is just our way of dealing with the rule violation in question.
    These messages aren't necessary anymore either, as the infraction in itself is notification enough
    Last edited by Schade; 24th August 2014 at 8:28 PM.

With blood and rage of crimson red, ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.
    Together with our hellish hate, we'll burn you all, that is your Fate!

Im pretty sure that the rules are the same normally for sig for serebii just now that everything will be going by the infraction system now which is the new part right? also so the notes will be no more if i am correct?

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast