Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Infraction Point System - NEW INFRACTIONS 7/18/14

Basically it's for any post that's being discriminatory (as Azran Flame says), but isn't quite volatile enough to be considered trolling. So anyone who's post may be on topic but makes remarks in it that are condescending to a particular race, gender, sexuality, disability, etc.

For example, if you said "I don't understand" and someone replied along the lines of "Well of course not, you're a girl and girls never understand anything.", that would probably qualify for the infraction. If the post was "Oh my god, you stupid ****ing idiot, how can you not understand it's ****ing obvious isn't it, stupid *****!" then that would be trolling.

Not the best examples, but it's the dumbed down explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Basically it's for any post that's being discriminatory (as Azran Flame says), but isn't quite volatile enough to be considered trolling. So anyone who's post may be on topic but makes remarks in it that are condescending to a particular race, gender, sexuality, disability, etc.

For example, if you said "I don't understand" and someone replied along the lines of "Well of course not, you're a girl and girls never understand anything.", that would probably qualify for the infraction. If the post was "Oh my god, you stupid ****ing idiot, how can you not understand it's ****ing obvious isn't it, stupid *****!" then that would be trolling.

Not the best examples, but it's the dumbed down explanation.
    Been a while since I've been to the site and I'll admit I did not quite understand this rule. Thank you for your example,now it make's perfect sense to me.

I am the leader of the pok'emon clan known as the fullbringer's. If you're interested in joining my clan or warring with us please pm me and I will reply as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Would depression count as a disability? Also, would handicapped people count as a 'protected' class?

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

would one get points if they were talking about trading a hackmon to someone else who wasnt the person they were trading with, but never traded the hackmon? wanted to know.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremFreeze View Post
    would one get points if they were talking about trading a hackmon to someone else who wasnt the person they were trading with, but never traded the hackmon? wanted to know.
    I'd really don't want to discuss a hypothetical Case and you make Poor choices based on my information. But, Most infractions like this depends on the context, We infract on a Case by case Basis, and by staff that usually posts that section. I've only used the trading sections a few times, so I will not comment futher.

I will not comment about the Infraction you recently got. Ask a Smod or a Admin.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

What are Reputations?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Oh ok thanks. I thought it was some kind of infraction lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Oh ok thanks. I thought it was some kind of infraction lol
    It pretty much is since people are stingy as heck with the positive ones and hand out the negative ones like candy.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    It pretty much is since people are stingy as heck with the positive ones and hand out the negative ones like candy.
    I think it depends on which part of the forum you're posting.
    People at general discussion and competitive section are quite generous when it comes to giving out green bricks.

By the way, what is a chain PM? Is it what it is to PMs what double-posting is to the forum?
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

Quote Originally Posted by castlewars View Post
    By the way, what is a chain PM? Is it what it is to PMs what double-posting is to the forum?
    Chain PMs would be much like chain emails, I would think, ie things like "forward this PM to X people or something bad will happen to you".

So, if that's the case, would you get an infraction for double-PMing someone in the same PM thread?
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

Quote Originally Posted by castlewars View Post
    So, if that's the case, would you get an infraction for double-PMing someone in the same PM thread?
    No, you wouldn't get infracted for PMing someone twice in response to one PM.

If you were to repeatedly send someone PMs really close together/before they respond, and they were to report it, then you could get infracted for spamming.

I should point out that only time staff can see PMs are when they're reported.

Other Staff can see the message send with an infraction, but this is mainly for keeping track of staff/user activity.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Hi, so I JUST got a 3 point infraction for "Disobeying the Rules of a specific sub-forum" and I found this forum out of curiosity. You did say that a person must have gotten a warning first, but I got the infraction completely out of nowhere. No warning, just BAM, infraction. And this was for a comment, on topic, short and to the point, BUT wasn't following format... kind of strict. It's kind of funny because I'm hardly a rule breaker whatsoever AND I'm fairly new here. XD

Comments?
    ★ミ Most Recent Shiny ミ★

5,184 SR
    15,552 Starters
    New ID: 16111 - 6 SR

Current Shiny Hunts:
    ID: 45145 (Firered) |Squirtle| 500
    ID: 39009 (Leafgreen) |Bulbasaur|575 → 630 SR
    ID: 29290 (Ruby) |Torchic|1,250 → 1,750 SR
    ID: 57757 (Sapphire) |Mudkip|1,000 → 1,250 SR
    ID: 61514 (Platinum) |Chimchar|500 SR
    ID: 44111 (White) |Oshawott|550 SR
    ID: 63863 (White 2) |Tepig|500 SR
    ID: 39039 (X) |Froakie|1,000 → 1,395

Soulsilver Badgequest:
    ← C u r r e n t H u n t
    ID: 16111|6 SR / RE|Dark Cave|250 Rock Smashes/SR

You did say that a person must have gotten a warning first
    Where is this said?

Warnings are not something that will be given before an infraction. That depends on the rule, the section, and the mod giving the infraction - some may be more inclined to give warnings than infractions, but sections differ in how moderation is handled. You can always PM the mod who gave the infraction if you think a warning was more suited, but there's nothing saying that first infringements are warnings only. (Especially when it takes 5 infractions of the more common rule breakages to hit the ban limit in the first place).
    4. What's the difference between a warning and infraction?
    A warning is worth 0 points, while an infraction adds points to your total. Warnings are often used for borderline offenses. It is mostly meant to say "I won't give you points for this but don't do it again."
    And in the case of your infraction, the thread the offending post was in had the following in the first post, in larger text:
    Failure to follow these rules will result in your post being deleted and you receiving an infraction.
    ...with said thread titled 'Friend Safari Thread V2 ~*READ THE RULES OR DIE!*~'. So personally I think that's fair enough - there was a fair bit of warning. Just give more attention to thread titles/opening posts in future, and the points will expire soon enough too.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Does bumping apply to only non-sticky threads? Do those of general idea such as shiny recent happenings?
    Seeking on GEN 6:
    Have for trade:
    Oblivia UT Shaymin Lv.30
    Tornadus
    WIN2011 UT Shiny Suicune Lv.30
    WIN2011 UT Shiny Entei Lv.30
    Regular Genesect
    WIN2011 UT Shiny Raikou Lv.30
    Also have following legendaries (mostly not UT) for trade: (Bank)

I have 2 each of the shiny dogs up for trade, all UT.
    PM me with a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by bidoofdude View Post
    Does bumping apply to only non-sticky threads? Do those of general idea such as shiny recent happenings?
    The Bumping rule applies to Non-Sticky/Normal threads. But getting an infraction is actually up to the member of staff moderating the section. Some threads may get unofficial Immunity from Bumping infractions. But at least two people can keep a "dead" thread technically alive as long they want.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Seems good. Good idea.

About the rule discussing fan-made games/emulators. I assume that means we cannot put anything in our signayures and/or speak of them in VMs?

I hope I don't sound like a troll when I say this but can you get a infraction for making a condescending joke about yourself.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

If it's off topic in the thread then most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremFreeze View Post
    About the rule discussing fan-made games/emulators. I assume that means we cannot put anything in our signayures and/or speak of them in VMs?
    Correct, it's forumwide and Serebii dislikes stuff like emulators and etc.

Mind you, if the game doesn't infringe on copyright it's fine, but stuff like Pokemon rom hacks aren't.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 14th December 2013 at 12:35 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast