Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infraction Point System - NEW INFRACTIONS 7/18/14

This is where I get stupid. What do you mean by "minmodding should never be a replacement for reports but many pople seem to think that"? They help then report. I thought the report was a good thing.
    What I mean is that people minimod instead of reporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobii View Post
    How will be able to tell if they plagurism was accidental or not? And how can somebody accidentally plagurize in the first place?
    We usually check pretty extensively if such a claim comes up e.g. if it's from another forum we'll go and contact the creator of said work being plagiarized creation, maybe even request IPs if need be to match up stuff. Accidental plagiarism can be say someone using a sprite base s their own when it's not their work but someone already gave permission for anyone to make copies or if someone is using parts of a story too much in their own without even knowing about plagiarism and why it's bad without really meaning to steal. It's a case-by-case basis, really.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    What I mean is that people minimod instead of reporting.
    We usually check pretty extensively if such a claim comes up e.g. if it's from another forum we'll go and contact the creator of said work being plagiarized creation, maybe even request IPs if need be to match up stuff. Accidental plagiarism can be say someone using a sprite base s their own when it's not their work but someone already gave permission for anyone to make copies or if someone is using parts of a story too much in their own without even knowing about plagiarism and why it's bad without really meaning to steal. It's a case-by-case basis, really.
    ahhh. XD Thank you for explaining that. The rules don't seem that intimidating anymore.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

The problem with reporting over minimodding, is that half the time, nobody GAF about the report, and it takes about a week for anyone to realize "Hey! This guy might possibly be breaking the rules!". I mean, its not like people just report random crap they disagree with, do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Define "Abusing Image Macros". Do you simply mean "Using Image Macros"?
    My guess would be that using multiple macros in a post would be abuse but using them sometimes would be fine. Care to clear the water?

I guess this could go for smilies too.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPal_Lyra View Post
    A question, what are Chained PM's? nya~
    Sort of like a FWD on a phone. You know, "send this b4 mid nite or u will get killed bye a guy with no armz or legz!!!!!!!" That stuff. Or like join my forum!

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    My guess would be that using multiple macros in a post would be abuse but using them sometimes would be fine. Care to clear the water?

Like pics that have nothing to contribute to the thread or topic. Like SPAM in picture form.

Here is the image macro link

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=530265

EDIT: I ninja'd an smod. o.o

.....Sorry. ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPal_Lyra View Post
    A question, what are Chained PM's? nya~
    Ever hear about chain letters? It's basically when someone sends a PM full of idiotic fluff, then puts SEND IT TO X MORE PEOPLE at the end of it, so people keep sending it to everyone else...

This thread goes into more detail, but basically: You shouldn't be posting irrelevent images(including macros) in response to other people's posts.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

So no replying with Rageguy shouting "FFFFUUUUUU" or Captain Picard facepalming? Gotcha. Not sure how those would hinder things, they just add a bit of much-needed comic relief to the place, but meh. I just don't want to see us turn into another smogon, that's all. I may dispute the rules, but I won't break them, rest assured.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

No. It is being classed as SPAM. If someone messes up in the CRMT forumand Picard facepalms all of the floor then what good did that do to the person? Or the topic?

So no replying with Rageguy shouting "FFFFUUUUUU" or Captain Picard facepalming? Gotcha. Not sure how those would hinder things, they just add a bit of much-needed comic relief to the place, but meh. I just don't want to see us turn into another smogon, that's all. I may dispute the rules, but I won't break them, rest assured.
    You may not want us to turn into Smogon, but it'd also be bad for us to swing too far in the other direction and turn into 4chan. The updated infraction point system(and the infraction for image macro abuse) is intended to get us closer to a happy medium.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    Ever hear about chain letters? It's basically when someone sends a PM full of idiotic fluff, then puts SEND IT TO X MORE PEOPLE at the end of it, so people keep sending it to everyone else...
    Thanks! I thought its a PM full of quote boxes cos sometimes I log in Serebii wit' my phone and cant erase much things, nya~

I just don't want to see us turn into another smogon, that's all.
    Nah, we will never become Smogon. We need 88+ mods (not including badgeholders) on a forum that has less than 17% the posts ours has.

We have about half the mods yet 5x the forum size. I don't think there's enough of us to have a strict Smogon-like feeling even if we tried (not that we would).

Nah, we will never become Smogon. We need 88+ mods (not including badgeholders) on a forum that has less than 17% the posts ours has.

We have about half the mods yet 5x the forum size. I don't think there's enough of us to have a strict Smogon-like feeling even if we tried (not that we would).
    That's my problem with Smogon mods. They act like goddamn terminators. If any post is wrong for any reason whatsoever, they immediately attack it and infract. Thats why I stay off Smogon. FUKDAPOLICE! lol. I'm glad serebiiforums is more laid-back.
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

just to clarify a few things:

1) you will NOT be auto-banned if you have 18 points and 3 expire so you go back down to exactly 15. what i meant was if you had, say, 17 points and 3 expired (leaving you at 14) and then you got a new 3-point infraction before any more expired (putting you back at 17, which is above the new 15-point threshold), then you will be banned.

2) as for minimodding, part of the reason why it's against the rules is because it's annoying and just makes more work for the staff to clean up. if someone posts in a totally wrong thread asking for help and you say "wrong thread, go here" we have to delete more posts. then there's also the issue that often times people are wrong in their replies and are giving newbies false information. there's a pretty simple way to get around minimodding: don't reply to it. it's just like replying to spam. resist the urge.

3) as for people saying "why isn't there an infraction for xyz" we have a lot of generic infractions like spamming and flaming that are meant to cover a variety of situations. if there is truly a situation that does not fall under one of the standard infractions (which rarely happens), that's why smods and admins have the ability to custom infract. if people try to get around things with "loopholes" in these infractions it won't work because we can give custom ones. the point of these new infractions was not meant to catch every single thing that could possibly happen but to standardize the given punishment in some situations where we didn't really have a standard procedure.

and for those of you saying it's too strict, like people already said, this board is the most lenient one i have ever been on. no other forum gives you 5 chances before you get even a tiny week-long ban, and it is very hard to get removed from this forum permanently or for a long time unless you are trying to be an annoying troll on purpose. the rules really aren't that difficult to follow, and people who actually pay attention to the rules and learn from their mistakes won't get in trouble.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Good improvements. The thing is, that people are too used to the easy punishments, so it's natural to react when you guys tightened the leash a bit. Which is what we needed in the first place.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Question: What is SPPf's stance on discussing simulators, such as Pokemon-Online, or older ones like Shoddy or PokeLab? Save for the obvious stuff like "Guys join my Pokemon-Online server at 127.0.0.1", would discussing it be considered advertising? Also, does it qualify as discussing cheating/illegal devices?

I'm not talking about anything like starting up threads for an SPPf Pokemon-Online server, I just mean stuff like discussions about simulators vs cartridges for competitive battling, talking about results in RMT forums (I tested this team on Shoddy in X battles and reached Y Rating), arranging a battle with another user, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Typo View Post
    Question: What is SPPf's stance on discussing simulators, such as Pokemon-Online, or older ones like Shoddy or PokeLab? Save for the obvious stuff like "Guys join my Pokemon-Online server at 127.0.0.1", would discussing it be considered advertising? Also, does it qualify as discussing cheating/illegal devices?

I'm not talking about anything like starting up threads for an SPPf Pokemon-Online server, I just mean stuff like discussions about simulators vs cartridges for competitive battling, talking about results in RMT forums (I tested this team on Shoddy in X battles and reached Y Rating), arranging a battle with another user, etc.
    At this point probably 99% of the Competitive Battlers here use Pokemon Online. PO's staff may be full of morons but their battling simulator is pretty good.

The rules really did need to be pulled tighter, in all honesty; it was just too easy to shrug off infractions and members really didn't have to worry about getting banned even after committing several offences due to the rather high ban threshold and low values of the points, so I think it's a good move to pull the reins tighter. They seem pretty clear, I don't really have any questions at the moment.

I'll be brutally honest here, some mods, regardless of power, can be total dicks. Even mere Club owners/co-owners can be, infracting/warning members for things as pointless as poor spelling or not following a form exactly. They're simple words. Deal with it I say.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

It's a load of bollocks. Just last week I got 6 points for spaming. XP
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Wait Theres something I dont get. Lets Say you made A thread that broke two rules at once, Like a Minimodding & asking for hacked pokemon in a trade thread, Would you get infracted for one, or both?

JELLO!
        Spoiler:- Click de spoiler for te lolz:

Proud owner of

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    It's a load of bollocks. Just last week I got 6 points for spaming. XP
    Well if this is a complaint, let's see why!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    Spam spam spam! :P
    Imminently closed thread will be closed Imminently. :P
    Yes, I wonder why...

Let's go back to discussing the infraction system itself now, rather than complaining about getting infractions for breaking the rules.

And ninja'd again!
    Wait Theres something I dont get. Lets Say you made A thread that broke two rules at once, Like a Minimodding & asking for hacked pokemon in a trade thread, Would you get infracted for one, or both?
    Depends really on the rules broken and the mod. Usually one but with a warning in the infraction message to not do the other too I imagine would b a common occurrence. And if it's a higher up a custom infraction can be given to punish for both rules broken (or more!) as deemed fit too.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 21st August 2011 at 3:43 PM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Truthfully, I don't know what's left to discuss. It's apparent we are either going to accept the changes, and go on our merry way, or some other nabs will start complaining it's too strict. I can see questions about it, but is there really anything left to discuss?
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

I think the new Infraction Point System is fine. One question, though. When you say extend, does that pretty much mean the infraction is active longer than it actually would be?
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    I think the new Infraction Point System is fine. One question, though. When you say extend, does that pretty much mean the infraction is active longer than it actually would be?
    It depends. Your subsequent infractions will expire 45 days/90 days after the previous one has expired.

Since I've not handed that many infractions out since we added this, I can't say for sure if this is the case in practice. (This system has only been in place for 23 hours as I post this.)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast