Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infraction Point System - NEW INFRACTIONS 7/18/14

Quote Originally Posted by R4GEKILL!!! View Post
    That's my problem with Smogon mods. They act like goddamn terminators. If any post is wrong for any reason whatsoever, they immediately attack it and infract. Thats why I stay off Smogon. FUKDAPOLICE! lol. I'm glad serebiiforums is more laid-back.
    I saw you reply to a UU team on smogon

Anyway, Im closer than ver to being banned now, 9 points, now the new ban mark is 15, guess I should behave

So I'm not allowed to say in the shiny discussion thread something like:
    "I just got a shiny in a ROM hack I was playing!"?

I see no problem with this new infraction system. I really don't need to worry I hardly ever break rules. I thik this a step in a good direction for serebii.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Seriously... getting 10 points for an image taken off google? Wow thats harsh :/
    Friend Code:
    Pokemon Trainer Cloud
    2406 5173 7383

I have Mastered Metagross

Quote Originally Posted by MewTwoEx View Post
    Seriously... getting 10 points for an image taken off google? Wow thats harsh :/
    No; it's taking an image off google or anywhere else and claiming that you made it when you didn't for instance. (Look at it this way - what if you posted your art/story on the internet and then someone stole it and pretended they were the ones who did all your hard work?)

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join for the post blitz and events now!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fashion Focus: Team Magma and Team Aqua! What's the verdict on the new outfits?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

More strict rules? Glad to see that things will be much more enforced. I don't break rules, and never will. I've only broken one rule since registration, and I got only a warning, no points. But that was in November 2009.

These rules aren't strict. If you want to know strict, how does a single infraction = ban sound?

I think the rules are actually kind of lenient. You guys are lucky you wern't here when I was starting out. Before these rules.
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

I think this is good. The highlight is upping the points from 3 to 40 on providing links to downloads of illegal content. 3 points wasn't gonna stop anyone before. 40 might.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by deokishisu.123 View Post
    You guys are lucky you wern't here when I was starting out. Before these rules.
    It wasn't so bad...and i was here before you.

Mini-Modders are so annoying, reminds me of those kids in class in grade school.

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

I've seen users going around threads in GPD providing links to correct threads. Yet no one tells them they're doing anything wrong and they don't seem to stop. I don't even think they're getting warnings or infractions. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    I've seen users going around threads in GPD providing links to correct threads. Yet no one tells them they're doing anything wrong and they don't seem to stop. I don't even think they're getting warnings or infractions. Is this normal?
    I will never infract someone for trying to be helpful.

However I will gladly infract *inB4lock* or other similar stupidity. Pointing a new member in the right direction with links will not be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I will never infract someone for trying to be helpful.

However I will gladly infract *inB4lock* or other similar stupidity. Pointing a new member in the right direction with links will not be punished.
    Okay thanks. I love helping out newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    and for those of you saying it's too strict, like people already said, this board is the most lenient one i have ever been on. no other forum gives you 5 chances before you get even a tiny week-long ban, and it is very hard to get removed from this forum permanently or for a long time unless you are trying to be an annoying troll on purpose. the rules really aren't that difficult to follow, and people who actually pay attention to the rules and learn from their mistakes won't get in trouble.
    Like me! Ellie's method to madness pays off and I haven't broken rules in so long. This is my first and only forum and I'm game with making SPPF a place to hold hands and rejoice in a world of rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    At this point probably 99% of the Competitive Battlers here use Pokemon Online. PO's staff may be full of morons but their battling simulator is pretty good.
    Just wait when my PC gets to funtion with PO again... it'll be %99.0000000001
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

So, link to new thread, report, and then do somethign else? I get the same answer from BH and Bobandbill but not from Ellie.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

it is safest if you just don't reply. some mods may not infract you for being helpful, but the definition of "helpful" is fairly loose. it can be a slippery slope from helping newbies to being annoying and replying to spam. there's also the chance that you could be wrong, and misinforming a newbie is worse than not doing anything. plus, while you (general you, not directed at anyone in particular) might see your actions as being helpful, a mod may see it as being annoying and spammy, depending on the circumstances.

if you REALLY want to help someone and know for 100% sure that you are right, i would suggest vming or pming them the proper info. doing that and reporting will never get you an infraction (unless you are sending false reports but that's another story)

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

What's the problem with dead threads and why shouldn't they be posted into?

QUOTE=Blue Harvest;13274677]I will never infract someone for trying to be helpful.[/QUOTE]

However I will gladly infract *inB4lock* or other similar stupidity. Pointing a new member in the right direction with links will not be punished.[/QUOTE]

But isn't that minimodding? As mods normally do that kind of thing.
    Last edited by castlewars; 22nd August 2011 at 2:16 PM.
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

You're allowed to if it's genuinely urgent.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by castlewars View Post
    What's the problem with dead threads and why shouldn't they be posted into?

1)Assuming you mean threads that haven't been active for a month...people aren't allowed to bump those simply because it causes a mess. If you really think the topic needs to be brought up again, you can post a new thread.
    2)Posting links to the correct thread for certain subjects is technically minimodding, so as Ellie said, it's probably safest not to do that. That said, I won't infract someone for it as long as it's just the one person doing it(as opposed to a chain of people going WRONG THREAD GO POST IN THIS ONE). It's all a matter of how much of it is you actually being helpful and how much of it seems like regular old spam with just a whiff of helpfulness tossed in. Ideally, redundant threads would have no replies at all or just one reply with "Sorry, but this belongs over here."
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

So should we VM/PM the person who has made a wrong thread and give a link to the right thread, then report their thread? That seems like less bother to the mods since it helps them delete less posts.

Quote Originally Posted by castlewars View Post
    I find it helpful. If someone links the person to the right thread and tells them what they did wrong I can just quote the post, and lock it saving me 30+ seconds per thread (this adds up).

It is a pain when people say a member is breaking the rules when they aren't. If you can be helpful fine, but remember you aren't a mod. If you try to do our job (saying something should be locked etc) its annoying.

tl;dr version

I will not infract helpful posts, but annoying, spammy posts (inb4lock / someone should close this / read the rules nub) will warrant an infraction. I can't speak for the other mods though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarumakkaImposter View Post
    So should we VM/PM the person who has made a wrong thread and give a link to the right thread, then report their thread? That seems like less bother to the mods since it helps them delete less posts.
    again it's probably better to just not do anything at all and let a mod handle it. we will get to it eventually and give them the proper info. that way you also arent potentially misinforming people either.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Kk. I will report, but don't worry. I would point them in the right direction.

Just out curiosity, what is ment with evading ban? Like making an alt after you got banned?
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Just out curiosity, what is ment with evading ban? Like making an alt after you got banned?
    Yes, I believe that is what that means. Making an alternate account when your old one got banned.

“Oh, and I certainly don't suffer from schizophrenia. I quite enjoy it. And so do I.”
    - Emilie Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
    So I'm not allowed to say in the shiny discussion thread something like:
    "I just got a shiny in a ROM hack I was playing!"?
    Bumping this because I never got a reply before.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast