Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infraction Point System - NEW INFRACTIONS 7/18/14

no, you can't. that is discussing illegal content.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by DarumakkaImposter View Post
    Kk. I will report, but don't worry. I would point them in the right direction.
    You should tell them about where to go first before you report.
    Or is that what you mean't?
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

Why has the illegal content thing gone up to a massive 40 point?
    I'm ACDC997 on pokemon global link.

White FC 2365 4922 7805- Use this
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes (Others):

Credit to Gladeshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Piekid11 View Post
    "I like to spread butter on my buttcheeks then slide down my kitchen floor nude in the middle of the night" and "I like to poop in cups and throw them at random by standers"

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Mew2 View Post
    Why has the illegal content thing gone up to a massive 40 point?
    You only get that 40 points if you provide links to illegal content. If you ask for it, you may get 5 for just talking about.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

If you have 16-19 points and when one expires, do you really get another week ban? As you're actually innocent enough and you're not breaking rules and then they ban you from expiring infractions. And if staff think you've made a new thread just because you're bored, do you get a 'trolling' infraction?
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

Quote Originally Posted by castlewars View Post
    If you have 16-19 points and when one expires, do you really get another week ban? As you're actually innocent enough and you're not breaking rules and then they ban you from expiring infractions. And if staff think you've made a new thread just because you're bored, do you get a 'trolling' infraction?
    If you have 16-19 points and then your points expire, you don't get a week ban when they expire. Rather, you get a week ban when you pass the 15 point threshold by receiving another infraction. So if you, for example, drop from 17 to 14, you won't get banned. But if you then go on to get a 3 point mini-modding infraction for example, you'll reach 17 points and hence have passed the 15 point threshold by receiving another infraction and you will be banned.

As for the second question, it really depends. ^^;
    Last edited by Zhanton; 21st September 2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    If you have 16-19 points and then your points expire, you don't get a week ban when they expire. Rather, you get a week ban when you pass the 15 point threshold by receiving another infraction. So if you, for example, drop from 18 to 15, you won't get banned. But if you then go on to get a 3 point mini-modding infraction for example, you'll reach 18 points and hence have passed the 15 point threshold by receiving another infraction and you will be banned.

As for the second question, it really depends. ^^;
    Ellie said in her post 'You won't get banned if you have 16-19 points unless some expire and you re-reach 15 points.' That compelled me to ask that question.
    And there's a problem with the 'evading ban' and 'making another account' infraction. If someone evades a permaban by making a new account under a false real name (alias) and a false email address, will staff notice it's the same person? And do you get infracted for asking a question that had been already asked?
    Last edited by castlewars; 25th August 2011 at 5:41 PM.
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

I already explained before, by re-reach I mean some expire and you get more. I should just edit that in later when I'm not on my phone. Though zhanton you are slightly wrong, in that instance nothing would happen. You have to be under 15 before an infraction and then go to 15 or above after an infraction. If you already have 15 nothing happens unless you reach 30+.

As for making a thread because you are bored, that depends. Is it a thread that would create good discussion and isn't a repeat there'd? If not then maybe.

If someone evades we have ways of finding them, don't worry.

You can sometimes get infracted by asking a question that has already been asked. Usually it depends on how many times it has been asked and/or if the answer is easily available by looking around.

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Question; Will you get infracted for asking that question, Ellie, if it is first offence, or will they get a warning? I'm sure people new here will not want to have an infraction for asking a question they don't see on the first page
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

Nice new Infraction Point System.

Credit to Wolfprince.

It depends. You can get an infraction on the first time. Stickies, the FAQ, and search exist for a reason

It depends. You can get an infraction on the first time. Stickies, the FAQ, and search exist for a reason

Ah, alright, because I think I might have had that happen to a friend of mine here once. I forget who though...

I don't often post here, but read these updated infractions and felt I'd like to add something to this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I've always had a bit of an issue on any site where people are chastised for not using the search function. Is there a certain amount of time that must pass before it's acceptable to post a new thread that may have been covered previously? People's opinions change all the time, so can an old topic always be considered relevant?

Secondly, why is foul language only a 1 point infraction? That seems very strange considering something like 'abusing smilies' is 3 points? There is no excuseable reason for anyone to actually type abusive words- it's not big, it's not clever and it certainly doesn't add anything to the conversation.
    (On a related note, what is considered foul language? In this thread alone I have seen people- including staff!- using the word 'retarded' at whim. Surely this is considered offensive ands deserves reprimand?)
    White FC: 3095 6921 4946
    Black FC: not signed into WiFi yet...
    SoulSilver FC: 4297 5458 9193
    Pearl FC : 3824 4241 4711

the topics i'm talking about aren't opinion topics. opinion topics can possibly be reposted if it's been awhile (definitely atleast 30 days so that the old topic is considered dead) but it depends on the situation, and i'd suggest talking to a mod of whichever section first.

i'm talking about simple questions like "how do i ev train?" or "why can't i upload a custom avatar?" or something. if it can easily be found using the main site or looking at other large topics, you shouldn't be making a brand new topic to ask.

abusing smileys is 3 points because it's considered spam, and the spam-based infractions (including advertising, replying to spam, etc) are 3 points. foul language was being considered for an upgrade and could still happen in the future but not now. foul language is considered anything that's censored by the forum's automatic censor, and therefore is not allowed to be said on these forums. if someone is using a non-blocked out word it can still be infracted if it also covers another rule (like flaming or trolling), but the word by itself won't get an infraction.

Wait, so you're telling me that if, for example, I say "F*ck", I won't get infracted, even if it is uncensored, but if I use it in an insulting sentence to someone, I'll get infracted? Just to clarify, I'm not going to use this. Just want to be sure as to what I should report for should I see it happen.

no. i said if you use a word that some might consider offensive that is NOT blocked by the censor, you won't get infracted just for using the word, but you can get infracted if it is spamming/flaming/etc. if you use a word that is blocked by the censor you can get infracted for foul language even if it's not an offensive context.

Alright, thank you for clarifying, Ellie. I didn't want to report someone, should the occasion arise, for the wrong offence.

I think that rule 6 is a bit rediculous cos forbidding people from discussing cheating isn't gonna stop someone from cheating.

Then what if someone asks to use my sprites, and I say "No, you can't, it's for my ROM hack"?
    That rule makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by alishenai View Post
    I think that rule 6 is a bit rediculous cos forbidding people from discussing cheating isn't gonna stop someone from cheating.
    No, it's not going to stop them, but why have discussion on stuff not condoned by Nintendo/etc and hence risk issues over that? *points at previous post somewhere about stuff with that* If someone really wants to cheat they can boast about it elsewhere. That's kinda like saying 'well stopping people from flaming others here won't stop them from doing it elsewhere' - sure it won't, but why should we let it happen here?
    Quote Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
    Then what if someone asks to use my sprites, and I say "No, you can't, it's for my ROM hack"?
    That rule makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Why is there a need for you to say 'for my rom hack' though then? You can just say 'no, you can't' and leave it at that. Furthermore I would be surprised if you would get an infraction for saying that whole sentence (I wouldn't infract for that myself) - again, a fair bit depends on the context so as long as you didn't say proceed to advertise your rom hack or make a discussion out of that itself then it should be fine.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Why is there a need for you to say 'for my rom hack' though then? You can just say 'no, you can't' and leave it at that. Furthermore I would be surprised if you would get an infraction for saying that whole sentence (I wouldn't infract for that myself) - again, a fair bit depends on the context so as long as you didn't say proceed to advertise your rom hack or make a discussion out of that itself then it should be fine.
    I would actually recommend you instead call in a game you are making instead of a ROM Hack, as that in itself sounds like advertisement. Using a bit less obvious reasons like this could let you keep your head, but if you start to specifically describe the thing itself, it could earn you an infraction, as I saw a few people get infracted for that a while back.

What if we wanted to make a fake region and a game based around it?
    Claims: Mario, The Big Bang Theory, Victini

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    No, it's not going to stop them, but why have discussion on stuff not condoned by Nintendo/etc and hence risk issues over that? *points at previous post somewhere about stuff with that* If someone really wants to cheat they can boast about it elsewhere. That's kinda like saying 'well stopping people from flaming others here won't stop them from doing it elsewhere' - sure it won't, but why should we let it happen here?Why is there a need for you to say 'for my rom hack' though then? You can just say 'no, you can't' and leave it at that. Furthermore I would be surprised if you would get an infraction for saying that whole sentence (I wouldn't infract for that myself) - again, a fair bit depends on the context so as long as you didn't say proceed to advertise your rom hack or make a discussion out of that itself then it should be fine.
    Because after "dood cn i use dese" usually comes "omg y bro y u no let meeeeee !!!", so it's easier to just say "No, they're for my ROM hack. Not only that, but what if I made a map for a ROM hack and posted that, and then someone says "Oh so yeah you should probably do this, and maybe even add that too, and use these tiles", and links me to tiles that have too many colours for a ROM hack, but I wouldn't be allowed to say "I can't use those, it's a ROM hack so there are palette limitations", which leaves me with only "No" as an answer, which would probably lead to a big argument about them trying to be helpful and me sounding really rude about it.
    I know some staff wouldn't infract for that, but I know even more who would (especially since the majority of the staff here hates me; and I can see why they would with how I've acted here).
    The rest of the rules, I can deal with. But this one really irks me, especially since I've just started to grow on these forums, and suddenly a wild New Rules appears and attacks me.

That rule was kinda always around - just merged as one infraction which didn't really work as the punishment should differ for discussing or outright linking to illegal stuff.

Anyways if you want to contest any decision try asking a higher up/staff contact thread if it ever happens - no need to assume that some of use hold any grudges to such an extent. =p

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast