Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infraction Point System - NEW INFRACTIONS 7/18/14

Quote Originally Posted by arceusvictini View Post
    What if we wanted to make a fake region and a game based around it?
    Was I just ignored?
    Claims: Mario, The Big Bang Theory, Victini

Well... what are you referring to there? Do you mean 'can I talk about rom hacks if I use a fake region'? If it's still based on Pokemon then it's not allowed. (As a case in point thing, given Game Freak have suddenly gotten a whole lot of youtube videos of rom hacks taken down the last couple of days... I doubt Joe would want those discussed here even more now). (Truth be told btw I just didn't see your post in the first place - thread went to the last loaded post when clicked and I didn't scroll high enough to see that one).

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

I think there should be a rule against sharing what people wrote in a Pm, or is that already covered somewhere?

YUM YUM JIMMY JOHN'S!

that will not become a rule because people often try to break rules via pm, and that needs to be able to be reported. if you don't trust someone enough to keep pm discussions private, don't tell them anything you don't want others to know in pm.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
    Because after "dood cn i use dese" usually comes "omg y bro y u no let meeeeee !!!", so it's easier to just say "No, they're for my ROM hack. Not only that, but what if I made a map for a ROM hack and posted that, and then someone says "Oh so yeah you should probably do this, and maybe even add that too, and use these tiles", and links me to tiles that have too many colours for a ROM hack, but I wouldn't be allowed to say "I can't use those, it's a ROM hack so there are palette limitations", which leaves me with only "No" as an answer, which would probably lead to a big argument about them trying to be helpful and me sounding really rude about it.
    I know some staff wouldn't infract for that, but I know even more who would (especially since the majority of the staff here hates me; and I can see why they would with how I've acted here).
    The rest of the rules, I can deal with. But this one really irks me, especially since I've just started to grow on these forums, and suddenly a wild New Rules appears and attacks me.
    Maybe I am misunderstanding but not discussing roms and hacks has always been a rule since I have been here, which is since 2004. Pretty sure it isn't new, and furthermore even if it were, it certainly wasn't made with you in mind. Don't flatter yourself.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Maybe I am misunderstanding but not discussing roms and hacks has always been a rule since I have been here, which is since 2004. Pretty sure it isn't new, and furthermore even if it were, it certainly wasn't made with you in mind. Don't flatter yourself.
    I didn't say it was? So yeah, some do in fact hold grudges.
    But I'm just saying that this means I can't post most of my maps or sprites, as they are for a ROM hack.
    I'm not even sure whether games made with Game Maker would be allowed either actually...

EDIT: Also, RE the amount of ROM hacks being taken down over the past few days, isn;t that through the bill, which only applies to the USA anyway?
    Because I'm Scottish so yeah.

What bill is this? All I know is an introduced one about Let's Plays that hasn't yet been passed in the US. I think it's more just 'game freak is bothering to remove stuff now from youtube' really, whether the videos are by US people or not. =/

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(

I have a question I was bumping topics Amd I got infracted when does it expire and how often can I bump

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Click for Pokes/Services/Items/Jobs
    FC: 1893 2713 9522
    Time Zone:GMT-7
    Trade Times:10:00 pm-4:00 am GMT-7
    Favorite Pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by bob517 View Post
    I have a question I was bumping topics Amd I got infracted when does it expire and how often can I bump
    I can see what you can see on your USER CP page. http://www.serebiiforums.com/usercp.php

It expires on the 12 October (~2am UK time). Most of the forums do not allow Bumping at all. The are some allow when set it's out in that Sub-forum own rules.

Given your Low post count and who set it, and where you have posted. I'd hazard a guess that it's Trade shops. That sub-forum has a rule of 48 hours but only IF you have a significant update for your own shop.

PS you may want to get your signature checked.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I don't like it. Too easy to get banned. Serebii's was better.

Credit to FairyWitch for the banner.

Unofficial "guy who welcomes people to the forums."
    2DS Friend Code: 4012-5090-3224
    VM me if you add me.

15 points is a bit low IMO, but otherwise I'm okay with it.
    gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDialga View Post
    I don't like it. Too easy to get banned. Serebii's was better.
    It's not easy if you follow the rules. Of course it is easy to be banned if you don't follow the rules (even if a one week ban was 200 points, you could still easily get to that, if you tried).

There really aren't much changes from the previous one and didn't Serebii make this?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It was Ellie.

Credit to FairyWitch for the banner.

Unofficial "guy who welcomes people to the forums."
    2DS Friend Code: 4012-5090-3224
    VM me if you add me.

just because i posted it doesn't mean they're mine. both infraction systems were agreed on by the staff team (including serebii) at the time. the older ones weren't "serebii's" either.

and as said, if you actually try to follow the rules you won't get banned. they're really not that difficult to understand if you exercise a bit of common sense.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    just because i posted it doesn't mean they're mine. both infraction systems were agreed on by the staff team (including serebii) at the time. the older ones weren't "serebii's" either.

and as said, if you actually try to follow the rules you won't get banned. they're really not that difficult to understand if you exercise a bit of common sense.
    Actually, Ellie orginally kept the "5+ Post in a Row" at 15. It was until I realised it was an instant ban. (That is you hit the ban limit from 0 points.)

We make it easier to get banned if you're going to not follow the rules, or In some cases refuse to listen to the rules.

Ok.. One site's rules are not as clear cut as ours.. (Also they have alot less people on it and.. a higher Staff to Members Ratio.)
    http://archive.rpgclassics.com/forumrules.shtml

I'll cover what you get.

A warning.
    A ban, if you don't pay attention.
    Permaban, if you don't pay attention.

Technically, you get that here. But at that site, you could quite literally have a 3 strikes and you're out. Actually as far as I can tell it's the old rules, and they have a lot less members to worry about than we do.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

sorry serebii for doing some of those things (2)
    i am new

Quote Originally Posted by takbir10 View Post
    sorry serebii for doing some of those things (2)
    i am new
    That's no excuse. Hell, quite the opposite. Being new, you should be fresh off reading the rules, especially compared to long-time members.

Dear SPPf Staff,

as a poster in Anime Discussion, I have seen many people saying in their posts saying that they don't even watch it, yet they post in Anime Discussion. Allow me to show you an example of such posts. This one is from the "Were you sad when Dawn left?" thread.

It didn't really matter to me when she left because I dont watch anime. I play the games.
    Then why would this person post in Anime discussion? Simple. Desire of a higher postcount.

But why am I posting this? Simple. I believe that such posts should be classified as spam as they are made with the previously said intent of boosting your postcount.

Then I suggest using the report button on such posts if you think it's spam so the anime mods are made aware of it. (Note maybe they were dealt with and were just infracted and not deleted which some mods may do? Idk, but as members can't see if others recieved infractions or not...).

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid1997 View Post
    But why am I posting this? Simple. I believe that such posts should be classified as spam as they are made with the previously said intent of boosting your postcount.
    They are classified as spam. This isn't a matter of the rules being imcomplete but a matter of mods occasionally missing posts like these, especially if they aren't reported. Reading every thread carefully would take ages, so roughly skimming them every now and then is the best we can do. So yeah, if you have the time, report away. It'd make things much easier for us^^

Edit: Aaand I was too slow again :P

Ermm... I have 26 points... Yet I'm not banned?
    *MINDFREAK*
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Quote Originally Posted by R4GEKILL!!! View Post
    Ermm... I have 26 points... Yet I'm not banned?
    *MINDFREAK*
    You had 16 to 19 points before we lowered the limits.

You avoided the week ban, but if/when you get 30 you'll still get two week ban.

Oh, you may want to check your User CP again.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    You had 16 to 19 points before we lowered the limits.

You avoided the week ban, but if/when you get 30 you'll still get two week ban.

Oh, you may want to check your User CP again.
    Yeah. I just realized. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

I've been browsing around this thread, & I'm hearing a lot of complaints about this place being too strict with their infractions. I at first thought so too once I read them carefully.

Then, I came over to PokéCommunity, had a look at the rules over there, & in their infraction system, if one were to get a total of 15 infractions, expired or not, they're getting forced out for good. As soon as I had a look at that, I'm like, "Oh brother..."

I'm just wondering, does this place have this same mechanic in the system, in which you get banned for getting a certain number of infractions? If not, then nobody should be complaining...

^Yes

You can get banned either:
    1) By reaching enough infractions to get a ban

2) or if a mod feels like you deserve to be banned

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast