Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infraction Point System - NEW INFRACTIONS 7/18/14

if there's an infractoin for something as stupid as that, there should be one for creating threads that serve no purpose in the same manner.
    Nothing's stupid about infracting people by adding to spam by spamming themselves or trying to be cool/funny when they're not and just giving a basis for more spam/a flame war. =/

That can also be infractable as well, what you said, although it depends on what is actually being made/how often/etc (usually if it can be classed as spam itself).

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by 11DBHK View Post
    if there's an infractoin for something as stupid as that, there should be one for creating threads that serve no purpose in the same manner.
    And that would be where the spam and/or trolling infractions come in, depending on the thread.

No unless you abuse thde button
    Claims: Mario, The Big Bang Theory, Victini

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPal_Lyra View Post
    We dont get into trouble if we click on the report button too much right? nya~
    Quote Originally Posted by arceusvictini View Post
    No unless you abuse the button
    More or less, yes.

I've only used it once or twice. One was for Trolling..
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Thanks. Now i know what to do and what not to do.
    Wassup

will you get a infraction if you report a person that is banned?
    also i have another question about this one:
    23. Making an Alternate Account While Unbanned - 10 points (lasts 90 days)
    does this mean that if your not banned it will be 10 points and it will expire in 90 days?

FC:1891-1694-6992

The infraction point system is pretty lenient if you ask me. Yet I still see peeps getting banned.

Rule 12 was a bit confusing for me. Could someone elaborate or give an example?
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

It's basically unwanted PM's. Like those people who just joined and they PM you there Friend Code saying let's battle something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    The infraction point system is pretty lenient if you ask me. Yet I still see peeps getting banned.
    Unsolicited PMs basically means -
    1) PMs that are spamming / advertising their own site(s)
    2) advertising clans
    3) Giving away friend codes, and anything you did not ask for
    Last edited by G50; 23rd March 2012 at 10:39 PM.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

This is the first time i have read the rules.... and i have been here for 3 years, i guess this is why i have the most infractions out of everyone here combined
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by shinypokemonhunter View Post
    will you get a infraction if you report a person that is banned?
    also i have another question about this one:
    does this mean that if your not banned it will be 10 points and it will expire in 90 days?
    1. We look at reports and we try to do in context. Examples: If we find you've been away for 6 months, and you find a 4 month old nasty VM on your wall, I'm more likely to give an infraction person who made the VM if viable. But if you're reporting 5 month VMs on other peoples walls, we more likey will give you an infraction.

2. Your Alt Account will be perma banned, and you main account will get a 10 point infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post

Generally, the offender is sending lots of posts to many people. but G50 the general gist of it.

Most people who get banned will have ignored our warnings, at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    This is the first time i have read the rules.... and i have been here for 3 years, i guess this is why i have the most infractions out of everyone here combined
    Nah, I know some one who's got more than you. And I think the staff actually have more infractions than you do. I've had 130 points at one point! http://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh/...8c5cc078ca7ad9
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    1. We look at reports and we try to do in context. Examples: If we find you've been away for 6 months, and you find a 4 month old nasty VM on your wall, I'm more likely to give an infraction person who made the VM if viable. But if you're reporting 5 month VMs on other peoples walls, we more likey will give you an infraction.

2. Your Alt Account will be perma banned, and you main account will get a 10 point infraction.

Generally, the offender is sending lots of posts to many people. but G50 the general gist of it.

Nah, I know some one who's got more than you. And I think the staff actually have more infractions than you do. I've had 130 points at one point! http://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh/...8c5cc078ca7ad9
    WOW!! i thought you guys were ment to be setting an example on how to behave on these forums hehehe
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

That doesn't count I know mods give eachother infractions for fun XD.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Actually, those 130 points was actually to ban me, but to prevent me from clearing up a mess that was about to happen at that time. It just before Ethan was forcibly removed from staff, for abuse of power. It was later removed, as I didn't deserve it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Actually, those 130 points was actually to ban me, but to prevent me from clearing up a mess that was about to happen at that time. It just before Ethan was forcibly removed from staff, for abuse of power. It was later removed, as I didn't deserve it.
    Wow so that's why ethan left...
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Wow so that's why ethan left...
    He didn't leave, he was ejected.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Description: I am sexy
    ~I Like Boys~

Quote Originally Posted by avatarsokia View Post
    He didn't leave, he was ejected.
    Nice way of putting it
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

He rage quited and took half of Misc with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Wow!!!!!! D:
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Essentially.
    ~I Like Boys~

And as exciting as that story may be it's starting to stray from the infraction point system topic guys. Especially with posts like 'Wow!!!!!!'

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    And as exciting as that story may be it's starting to stray from the infraction point system topic guys. Especially with posts like 'Wow!!!!!!'
    Right, sorry. Anyways, is it really practical to have links to illegal content be 40 points instead of the 45 needed for a month ban? The five points really don't seem that major to me.
    ~I Like Boys~

It was ironic enough that he's demoded and you became a mod I do not think it worths 130 for no reason but getting rid off someone ,I admit I was naughty but things are changing

20307 Events ,and Continuing

Well, I left for about a year, and Serebii's changed a bit, but what if you get permabanned by an unfair infraction? They also don't allow alts.
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast